Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did she lose a tooth?
About a month ago I think it was?

She posted a video short with her usual 'VARRY kind things to do that'll be meaningless to anyone but yourself' nonsense.

A couple of her suggestions were to leave motivational notes in the magazines in waiting rooms and to leave positive reviews online. She chose to litter her dentist's waiting room with pretentious quotes on Post-Its and to show herself leaving a review on the dentist's website where she mentioned having a tooth removed.

It could have been for any reason really. She might have broken it biting off more than she could chew at her 45-minutes-a-year school job. But given that a third of what little she eats is sugar and she's been malnourished for at least the past couple of years, that was my first thought for why it came out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm not even vegan and I can't scroll two shorts on Youtube without coming across a vegan food video that makes the food look absolutely delicious. She really has no excuse to always eat food that looks so disgusting
Some people just don't care about the food they eat and just eat whatever they need to survive (I heard a horror story the other day of a friend of a friend whose diet literally consists of gruel, like flour cooked in water, protein shakes, and vitamin pills. He basically treats his diet as if he's drip feeding someone who's in a coma). But clearly Ruby cares about the food she eats to an extent otherwise she wouldn't have an Instagram account about it. It's just sheer laziness and incompetence
She doesn't care about the food, she only cares about gaining some viewers by surfing on the vegan trend. Reason why everything she "cooks" ( can we really call that cooking?) looks bland or disgusting. She doesn't put any effort in anything and it's way more obvious after years.

Reactions: 13
Her food looks actually nasty. Her latest Mothers Day post, she burnt her mother's pastries yet sat them on a serving plate on the table. Her meals always make me feel sick. Not saying I plate my food in a beautiful way, but I would if I was going to post it on the internet.

And I agree that its a mix of malnourishment and genetics that's making her hairline recede. Especially on her right temple. Its really thinning out there. Kinda sad, she's young.

Reactions: 18
Her food looks actually nasty. Her latest Mothers Day post, she burnt her mother's pastries yet sat them on a serving plate on the table. Her meals always make me feel sick. Not saying I plate my food in a beautiful way, but I would if I was going to post it on the internet.
as one of her fans said in an answer to a comment some time ago regarding her nails: not everything has to be ✨ aesthetic ✨. :ROFLMAO: I guess that would apply food as well, but while I think that (even) influencers shouldn't try to make everything look perfect, I think some things should at least look presentable if you show yourself or your food or room or whatever. It doesn't have to be perfect, because that's not realistic at all. Burnt food can be hidden. Nails can be covered up (with a sticker in the video/photo). I pick the skin on my nails/fingers, for example. If I would make content where people would see them, I would think of ways to cover that up (that could also be a good way to stop skin picking – maybe I should consider a new career lol)

Reactions: 7
I pick the skin on my nails/fingers, for example. If I would make content where people would see them, I would think of ways to cover that up (that could also be a good way to stop skin picking – maybe I should consider a new career lol)
I have the same issue, for me putting on hand cream really helps, it makes the skin around my nails softer/slicker and harder to pick

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She's very busywork driven and it's been a purely superficial dream for ages, which I think will be what kicks her ass when she starts.

The research she shows herself doing on her own time is almost entirely smoke and mirrors. She just regurgitates her GCSE homework and lecture notes or Googles random high school topics and copying them into Notion for the camera to appear smart and productive. At uni she had a lot of time to look up supporting essays and do extra research because she'd skipped doing the primary reading and took lots of shortcuts, which she won't be able to do this time.

She's never been able to say why she actually wants to study at Oxford or what she thinks she'll get out of a Masters. She just want the validation of going to the "best" uni and to postpone adulthood for another year, but beyond that I can't see any reason why she wants to go. She doesn't appear to have any actual interest in learning anything or in academia other than wanting to appear smart for her audience.

Having a genuine interest in or passion for something will lead you to put up with a hell of a lot of stress for it. Ruby doesn't have that and I don’t think she'll be able to cope with the higher standards compared to Exeter, the lack of shortcut options and the focus on independent critical thought (something she's always been completely incapable of).

I think she'll either crash and burn very quickly or quit as fast as she did trying to get her book published when she realised it wouldn't come easy.
I totally agree with this and I don't understand why, suddenly, because Ruby got into Oxford, she's become a hard worker and an ambitious person. If she was that hard-working, she wouldn't have dropped out of her teaching job. And if she was so ambitious, she would have used her gap year to do more productive things than what she's shown so far.
---
I don't think anyone is romanticising Oxford. The discussion has been about how it's meant to be one of the best unis in the country but she's clearly not one of the best students (as an interview would've found out), and how the workload and difficulty will be greater than at other unis, which we think she'll struggle with because of the way she constructs essays.
Exactly! If Ruby was sooo deserving of a place in Oxford, why didn't she get it when she applied for a Bachelor? Because the interview went wrong!
On paper, any person who had enough brains to boost his/her C.V. would look great. In person, that's a different matter altogether.

I totally agree with this and I don't understand why, suddenly, because Ruby got into Oxford, she's become a hard worker and an ambitious person. If she was that hard-working, she wouldn't have dropped out of her teaching job. And if she was so ambitious, she would have used her gap year to do more productive things than what she's shown so far.
Also, I don't think her "doing just fine" there even is an option. She admits herself she's a perfectionist (even though the state of her house/clothes doesn't show it) and she really struggles accepting criticism from her tutors and losing points on her assignments. She finished her BA with a solid, high first and was still disappointed and upset she didn't score higher. Given the volume and intensity of work she can expect for her Master's, she won't be able to spend weeks on one essay, changing and manipulating it to "perfection" like she did at Exeter. I wouldn't say it's unfair to say that Oxford will probably be very harsh on her, and not just for the results she expects (and believes she deserves) because of the busywork she exhibits on camera.

Reactions: 11
Also, I don't think her "doing just fine" there even is an option. She admits herself she's a perfectionist (even though the state of her house/clothes doesn't show it) and she really struggles accepting criticism from her tutors and losing points on her assignments. She finished her BA with a solid, high first and was still disappointed and upset she didn't score higher. Given the volume and intensity of work she can expect for her Master's, she won't be able to spend weeks on one essay, changing and manipulating it to "perfection" like she did at Exeter. I wouldn't say it's unfair to say that Oxford will probably be very harsh on her, and not just for the results she expects (and believes she deserves) because of the busywork she exhibits on camera.
I agree with you. She may not drop out or fail, but it will be a really hard experience for her and extremely harsh on her ego, since she considers even positive criticism as an insult to her genius.
I can excuse the state of her house, since it's mostly her parents responsibility, but she could take care of her clothes herself (unless, like someone pointed, she suffers from depression and can't bring herself to do it). Although, I suppose that living with messy people does make yourself messy too in some way.

Reactions: 9
---

Exactly! If Ruby was sooo deserving of a place in Oxford, why didn't she get it when she applied for a Bachelor? Because the interview went wrong!
On paper, any person who had enough brains to boost his/her C.V. would look great. In person, that's a different matter altogether.
Ruby didn’t even get good enough A level grades to get in to Oxford for undergrad, even if she hadn’t flopped at her interview. But most people who apply to Oxford for postgrad are in the same boat. Way fewer people pursue postgraduate degrees than undergraduate degrees. The competition is less fierce. And Oxford being the top uni doesn’t mean all the top students are concentrated there, especially at post grad level. Many brilliant students will apply to other unis to work under specific academics or to use specific resources or archives to fit their their research interests. I just think the idea of someone who applied and got in not ‘deserving’ Oxford is so dumb (if she had got in to a less prestigious uni would anyone be saying this, I think not), it sounds like Oxford is being put on a pedestal, when let’s be real, people in this thread are all well aware of an idiot or 2 who goes there.

Every posh wanker you’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Most of the Tory party

Rubys old pal Molly - who spent her entire teenage years making a fool of herself online skinwalking other people and jumping from productivity content to ED baiting and back x100 before finally realising it’s cringe (waiting for her to come back to social media with a new identity, because she always does)

Vee - I don’t need to say anymore. This woman is as thick as two short planks. Like I seriously think she has a below average IQ.

A bunch of other toxic productivity youtubers who think waking up at 4am is the only way to be successful at life and make videos about how to read books in 15 minutes and how to make to do lists.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot of people.
But idiots can and do succeed at Oxford all the time. Is she hardworking and ambitious, idk. I think her main ambition has been to get into Oxford, she’s not thought any further ahead. Because of that I’m pretty sure she’s going to absolutely love it there. Will she use her time effectively? No, she’ll probably work 16 hours a day but she has no life anyway so that won’t make a difference. She’ll do fine 💀💀

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Academically, she might squeak through okay, but mental health wise (finding out she's even further from being the smartest person in the room than she was at Exeter) and having to be away from mummy and the comfort of that musty bedroom for a longer time because it won't be as easy as Exeter (it's one thing to do busywork for 12 hours a day, it's another to have to do actual work), will be her real challenge. I don't see her thriving there. But maybe it will force her to rethink the way she uses her time.

Reactions: 19
Ruby didn’t even get good enough A level grades to get in to Oxford for undergrad, even if she hadn’t flopped at her interview. But most people who apply to Oxford for postgrad are in the same boat. Way fewer people pursue postgraduate degrees than undergraduate degrees. The competition is less fierce. And Oxford being the top uni doesn’t mean all the top students are concentrated there, especially at post grad level. Many brilliant students will apply to other unis to work under specific academics or to use specific resources or archives to fit their their research interests. I just think the idea of someone who applied and got in not ‘deserving’ Oxford is so dumb (if she had got in to a less prestigious uni would anyone be saying this, I think not), it sounds like Oxford is being put on a pedestal, when let’s be real, people in this thread are all well aware of an idiot or 2 who goes there.

Every posh wanker you’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Most of the Tory party

Rubys old pal Molly - who spent her entire teenage years making a fool of herself online skinwalking other people and jumping from productivity content to ED baiting and back x100 before finally realising it’s cringe (waiting for her to come back to social media with a new identity, because she always does)

Vee - I don’t need to say anymore. This woman is as thick as two short planks. Like I seriously think she has a below average IQ.

A bunch of other toxic productivity youtubers who think waking up at 4am is the only way to be successful at life and make videos about how to read books in 15 minutes and how to make to do lists.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot of people.
But idiots can and do succeed at Oxford all the time. Is she hardworking and ambitious, idk. I think her main ambition has been to get into Oxford, she’s not thought any further ahead. Because of that I’m pretty sure she’s going to absolutely love it there. Will she use her time effectively? No, she’ll probably work 16 hours a day but she has no life anyway so that won’t make a difference. She’ll do fine 💀💀
No, I don't know any idiot who went to Oxford before Ruby, because I'm not British.
Ok, she "deserves" her place there, if you want to and that makes your life better. But she's going to suffer through it because she probably won't be praised enough in her opinion and she'll surely meet a lot of people that are brighter than her.
And she won't thrive because she's "hard-working" and "productive". Making your bed in the morning and preparing a cup of tea at 10 a.m. (or whatever) is not productivity or hard work: it's daily life and basic chores that we all have to do.

Reactions: 15
Untitled5675464645645665756775668567 - Copy.png

"living more slowly" 😂 😂 😂

She spent the past couple of years doing nothing but gather dust in her childhood bedroom clinging to mummy. If she lived any more slowly, she'll have dropped dead.

3 hours of sporadic, low effort busywork every few days that you ditch for weeks at a time isn't structure. That's like saying five lollipop sticks and a piece of sellotape is a solid support structure for a skyscraper.

No way will she last when she's expected to stay away from home consistently.

Reactions: 29
The announcement is up
"I'm JANUINELY just so excited"

0sr05ca7j7unh0qsioaoypntww43ktyr3swn7vnu&rid=giphy.gif

And of course she mentioned her rejection to try to show she proved everyone wrong in the end. That's her total motivation for applying to Oxford again and she has no "JANUINE" interest in it beyond that.

She's excited for all the books, despite never actually reading and avoiding the library completely at AXATAR?

She's excited for the love of learning despite actively avoiding actually learning anything since high school?

She's dropping a Googled quote into her Oxford acceptance announcement to try to seem smart?

Yeahhh, this year's gonna be a trainwreck for her. Get the popcorn ready.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
No, I don't know any idiot who went to Oxford before Ruby, because I'm not British.
Ok, she "deserves" her place there, if you want to and that makes your life better. But she's going to suffer through it because she probably won't be praised enough in her opinion and she'll surely meet a lot of people that are brighter than her.
And she won't thrive because she's "hard-working" and "productive". Making your bed in the morning and preparing a cup of tea at 10 a.m. (or whatever) is not productivity or hard work: it's daily life and basic chores that we all have to do.
Not OP, but the irony of you insisting up and down this thread that she's going to suffer(?), have a hard time, do terribly, that she hasn't earned it (all while not knowing anyone who went to Oxford), and then saying this is quite funny. It clearly does makes your life better to think hers is going terribly, compared with other posters just saying that yes she's got problems, but no they don't wish pain and suffering on her, a fairly normal reaction.

And before you come at me calling me a fan, I used to post in these threads, and still occasionally read, so no, I'm not a fan. But I'm certainly not feeling giddy and gleeful at the prospect of her suffering?????

And I do know people who went to Oxford. And I agree with @gisellejoly. I know of someone who studied a masters there and basically had a handful of projects that were really easy for them because they were around a topic they enjoyed (duh, they paid to go and study it even more).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.