Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she fails. She doesn't deserve her spot there, hasn't earned it. I hope she drops out and gets some serious therapy.
Did you get rejected from Oxford or something? She went through the application process and got in, so she did earn her place 💀It’s not really a matter of deserving it or not. The veneration of Oxford from some people on this thread is insane. Stop romanticising it. It’s just a uni. Maybe the fact Ruby got in should wake people up to that fact! Personally I’m glad Ruby’s not going to be stewing at home for another year. Lol looking forward to the cringe content!!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Honestly I'm just excited for content that isn't her back garden or room 🤣 the dark macadamia phase will return!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
There's been a lot of times lately where it looks like her hair has thinned on the sides and crown, too, and it's always looks so unhealthy and straw-like.

She still never shows herself eating anything but tiny portions of the same three bland foods, water and tea. As recently as her last few videos she's still complaining about how cold she always is regardless of the weather, and has said or shown how fucked her attention span, memory and physical coordination are, how she can't keep a healthy sleep pattern, how exhausted she gets after doing anything for more than 15 minutes when it's not being faked, she always looks pale and tired and she's lost a tooth apparently.

All that combined along with everything we know about Ruby's relationship with food and weight and I'd say she's still avoiding eating what she should and is intentionally malnourished.

She might have maintained a consistent weight, but I don't think that's any indication that she's eating healthily. It seems like her body's crying out for a decent meal and a regular diet of vitamins and nutrients.
True actually, I think her issue is that she probably eats enough calories but her diet is lacking in vitamins and minerals, she doesn’t do veganism (or, plant based in her case) properly.

Reactions: 14
Did you get rejected from Oxford or something? She went through the application process and got in, so she did earn her place 💀It’s not really a matter of deserving it or not. The veneration of Oxford from some people on this thread is insane. Stop romanticising it. It’s just a uni. Maybe the fact Ruby got in should wake people up to that fact! Personally I’m glad Ruby’s not going to be stewing at home for another year. Lol looking forward to the cringe content!!
Totally agree with this. I feel like saying "What, like it's hard ?" Elle Woods style. I feel that although it is demanding and has an excellent reputation, Ruby is capable of doing well there. She is very work driven, does loads of research and it has been her dream for ages. I'd rather her get in than someone who thinks that normal uni work is ✨different to other unis✨ *cough jade cough* or someone who scams people and thinks that they deserve the world *cough Jack*. I don't think that she is going to find it as awful as a lot of people here think.
I too am looking forward to her content of prancing about oxford, trying to film rainy pavements and crappy poems :

"In the heart of England lies a city so fine,
Where Oxford University reigns quintessentially divine,
With its spires aglow in magenta green,
Oxford's beauty is a sight to be seen,
But Oxford is not just a place of academia,
It's also known for its philanthropic euphoria."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
7C7C9241-EF87-44A2-A952-B4C43A61869F.jpeg

Ugh I hate comments like this that fuel Ruby’s ego. The toxic “productivity” Ruby shows us is nothing but wasteful busywork, and we should NOT be inspired by 12hour study days, and the other useless crap she promotes on the internet. She is not productive with her time in the slightest!

I bet she can’t wait for the endless amount of “productivity” content she will be able to provide when she’s at Oxford.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Roob is so NOT inspiring, not to me anyway. How old are these people who find her inspiring?

Reactions: 15
She is very work driven, does loads of research and it has been her dream for ages.
She's very busywork driven and it's been a purely superficial dream for ages, which I think will be what kicks her ass when she starts.

The research she shows herself doing on her own time is almost entirely smoke and mirrors. She just regurgitates her GCSE homework and lecture notes or Googles random high school topics and copying them into Notion for the camera to appear smart and productive. At uni she had a lot of time to look up supporting essays and do extra research because she'd skipped doing the primary reading and took lots of shortcuts, which she won't be able to do this time.

She's never been able to say why she actually wants to study at Oxford or what she thinks she'll get out of a Masters. She just want the validation of going to the "best" uni and to postpone adulthood for another year, but beyond that I can't see any reason why she wants to go. She doesn't appear to have any actual interest in learning anything or in academia other than wanting to appear smart for her audience.

Having a genuine interest in or passion for something will lead you to put up with a hell of a lot of stress for it. Ruby doesn't have that and I don’t think she'll be able to cope with the higher standards compared to Exeter, the lack of shortcut options and the focus on independent critical thought (something she's always been completely incapable of).

I think she'll either crash and burn very quickly or quit as fast as she did trying to get her book published when she realised it wouldn't come easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have been lurking on these threads for a while now and finally decided to join in. First of all, I really enjoyed the discussion in this thread about UK university culture and academia in general.

I am really not surprised Ruby got into Oxford and as other posters have pointed out I won't be surprised if she goes for a PhD after she finishes her masters. Her entire brand is built on her being a serious studious bookworm. A self funded doctorate will be like an investment for her brand. She clearly has the means, doesn't seem interested in growing up and her parents are happy to have her back at home if she decides to take a break in between. I do however wonder where it will take her as I don't think she will be relevant as a Studytuber and an aspiring writer in her 30s. Maybe she will then go back to her 'traditional job' as a part time school teacher and continue living her in her fantasy world rest of the time.

To be honest Ruby reminds me of my younger self sometimes. I was a shy introvert but uni helped me to get out of my comfort zone and grow up. I feel sorry for Ruby in that sense because she had to come back home due to the pandemic. I really hope her year at Oxford helps her to mature and prepares her for the real world even if it means just getting better at her social media influencer job.

Reactions: 10
I don't think anyone is romanticising Oxford. The discussion has been about how it's meant to be one of the best unis in the country but she's clearly not one of the best students (as an interview would've found out), and how the workload and difficulty will be greater than at other unis, which we think she'll struggle with because of the way she constructs essays.

Reactions: 15
why does her matcha look like dirty dish water
All her food/drink is so gross. Over on her 💫✨vegan✨💫 account, she’s just discovered* you can put salt in your porridge. I had unsalted porridge exactly once in my life and it tasted like sadness and mediocrity 🤮

*to be fair, she did first hear about putting salt in porridge all the way back in 2021 from Blakeney, who had gone to exotic Scotland and picked up some wild culinary habits apparently

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Blakeney has a whole Pinterest board called "Reminiscing..." (with Sasha) and it has several posts listing Oxford colleges. What if she has applied too?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
All her food/drink is so gross. Over on her 💫✨vegan✨💫 account, she’s just discovered* you can put salt in your porridge. I had unsalted porridge exactly once in my life and it tasted like sadness and mediocrity 🤮

*to be fair, she did first hear about putting salt in porridge all the way back in 2021 from Blakeney, who had gone to exotic Scotland and picked up some wild culinary habits apparently
I'm not even vegan and I can't scroll two shorts on Youtube without coming across a vegan food video that makes the food look absolutely delicious. She really has no excuse to always eat food that looks so disgusting
Some people just don't care about the food they eat and just eat whatever they need to survive (I heard a horror story the other day of a friend of a friend whose diet literally consists of gruel, like flour cooked in water, protein shakes, and vitamin pills. He basically treats his diet as if he's drip feeding someone who's in a coma). But clearly Ruby cares about the food she eats to an extent otherwise she wouldn't have an Instagram account about it. It's just sheer laziness and incompetence

Reactions: 12
She'll waste her time there and crash and burn. I'm from South America and couldn't even afford Oxford lmao

Reactions: 3
There's been a lot of times lately where it looks like her hair has thinned on the sides and crown, too, and it's always looks so unhealthy and straw-like.

She still never shows herself eating anything but tiny portions of the same three bland foods, water and tea. As recently as her last few videos she's still complaining about how cold she always is regardless of the weather, and has said or shown how fucked her attention span, memory and physical coordination are, how she can't keep a healthy sleep pattern, how exhausted she gets after doing anything for more than 15 minutes when it's not being faked, she always looks pale and tired and she's lost a tooth apparently.

All that combined along with everything we know about Ruby's relationship with food and weight and I'd say she's still avoiding eating what she should and is intentionally malnourished.

She might have maintained a consistent weight, but I don't think that's any indication that she's eating healthily. It seems like her body's crying out for a decent meal and a regular diet of vitamins and nutrients.
When did she lose a tooth?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.