Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The congratulations messages on her last tik tok 🤣

Scrolling through her tik toks I've seen a video where she puts on an outfit after running and she just changes from the running outfit into another one... Why this aversion to showers? Why would you put clean clothes on your sweaty post run body without showering first?
I don't understand... It feels so nice to shower after a work out and then putting on some fresh clothes...

(Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dunno why she's laughing about Lola taking a tit on the poor farmers field...but glad they cleaned it up omg and mother bones loves ploughed fields...does this have another meaning? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Snorted out laughing so this is my profile pic

Also... her feet are dirty...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
omg the sounds on her latest YT video. The bleeping coffee machine and the banging and crashing of every item. Even lighting the candle was like a jump scare for my ears

Reactions: 15
I don't think she has the slightest idea of what she just got herself into. We all know she wants to remain a child, but getting your Masters at Oxford means having to outdo yourself, your previous works and impress your department beyond all measure. They want fresh, new ideas, not half-witted rehashes of material done to death. Nor do they want vague, chaotic themes and obscure papers. They will be looking for the best of the best.

She has been living her dream life, in a sense, living at home, hiding in her room, prancing around the fields, quoting poetry badly. I know she definitely felt out of the loop when everyone else went back to school in the fall and surely hated it. She was left out of the routine she prized in her childhood days. Her latest Instagram portrays that desperate clinging to childhood. That won't go over at Oxford, so I do believe she may be thrilled to be able to say she got in, but the reality is probably scaring the crap out of her. And it is possible she is weighing other schools to see what will be her best fit. None of them will be. Rugby is from her own madeup world. She will never fully appreciate the opportunities she receives and just keep announcing how privileged she is without actually doing something worthwhile with that advantage.

Just out of curiosity, what is it like to get your Masters at UK universities? In the US, the majority get their Masters later in life, later in their 20's or even 30's, depending on their career. They are working adults, often married and many times already have families. They are working full time and attending school, and it is chaotic and stressful. They live at their homes, commute to uni and then work very much on their own for their thesis. They also don't fit in, at all, with undergraduates and don't attempt to mix with them. They are past that stage. I am just curious if it is at all like that in the UK. If she thought Exeter was lonely, how is she going to handle graduate work and the isolation that usually comes with it? No Blakeney this time around! I don't see her faring well.

Reactions: 18
Just out of curiosity, what is it like to get your Masters at UK universities? In the US, the majority get their Masters later in life, later in their 20's or even 30's, depending on their career. They are working adults, often married and many times already have families. They are working full time and attending school, and it is chaotic and stressful. They live at their homes, commute to uni and then work very much on their own for their thesis. They also don't fit in, at all, with undergraduates and don't attempt to mix with them. They are past that stage. I am just curious if it is at all like that in the UK. If she thought Exeter was lonely, how is she going to handle graduate work and the isolation that usually comes with it? No Blakeney this time around! I don't see her faring well.
There are plenty of mature master’s students, but it’s not unusual at all in the UK to do a master’s right after undergrad. In my experience people are often encouraged to get all their education out of the way in one go if they can. Of course it all depends on the course, subject and uni.
Another thing (I could be wrong), I believe Master’s in the USA are all at least 2 years+ whereas Ruby’s course will only be 9 months and requires full time attendance so no, people won’t be working full time while trying to do it. A lot of her classmates will probably be similar in age and experience to her. I’ve just finished a full time master’s and didn’t feel any of the isolation you mention at all. Everyone was young and I got to know most of my classmates because we had a lot of hours together.

Part-time or evening master’s are also very popular in the UK but they’re usually more vocational and have students who have family responsibilities or are working professional. I can imagine those types of courses could feel more lonely for people.

Reactions: 16
Good work! Something doesn't feel right though. Maybe she is actually putting effort into the announcement video and it will look a bit like a proper video for a change.
Untitled567567.png

No such luck, she's "working" on another "flog".

'Productive afternoons in slightly later than earlier spring 🌷'
coming soon.

Gaze in wonder as Ruby changes outfit 17 times in one "day".

Witness meteorological anomalies like never before as daytime somehow lasts for 176 hours and the sun appears to reverse orbit at random.

Place your bets to see if she'll actually declare any of the gifted products she shoehorns in.

Watch in horror as she loses her mind in the Secret Garden of Tetanus.

Have your fight-or-flight response activated by the anxiety-triggering sounds of mid-word cuts and overlapping speech in sped-up narration.

Scratch your head in confusion as she crams several months of footage into one single day and still doesn't appear to actually do anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I wonder what MSt she ended up applying for? The one from 650 to 1550 has a 49% acceptance rate whilst the 1990s to present is much more competitive! https://www.admissionreport.com/university-of-oxford/mst-english

Anyway good for her! Honestly, as an Oxbridge grad, I can tell you especially for Masters, if you have high grades, some good recommendations and a decent statement, it's hard not to get in!

PS: anyway, glad I went to Cambridge and not Oxford lol Can't imagine me and Ruby being alums of the same uni :')

Reactions: 7
@Welshgal waiting for Ruby to learn something about Wales and celebrate Dewi Sant. Edinburgh was already a stretch for her, don't think she knows much beyond Buckinghamshire, London and Devon.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So when does the term start? I was actually set on her not getting in… but now… this will be interesting
---
Also, I saw someone say that Ruby is living her dream life now - stay at home, do ‘busy work’ and a masters is so far from that. I actually relate. I’m finishing my masters and the dissertation needs to be 65+ pages and I’m struggling a lot. Maybe she knows her life will look different now and she’s waiting?

Reactions: 4
The congratulations messages on her last tik tok 🤣
I don't have Tiktok, but are you saying others found out too and are congratulating her?
I wonder if someone will break the secrecy now, and she'll hurridly post an announcement video.

I wonder what MSt she ended up applying for? The one from 650 to 1550 has a 49% acceptance rate whilst the 1990s to present is much more competitive! https://www.admissionreport.com/university-of-oxford/mst-english

Anyway good for her! Honestly, as an Oxbridge grad, I can tell you especially for Masters, if you have high grades, some good recommendations and a decent statement, it's hard not to get in!

PS: anyway, glad I went to Cambridge and not Oxford lol Can't imagine me and Ruby being alums of the same uni :')
Ruby has occasionally spoken about manuscripts. In one video fairly recently she said she believes it's really important to make manuscripts more accessible, so the 650-1550 course wouldn't surprise me. It sounded like something she would have written in her statement.

I thought she was anti-productivity now, she even stopped saying it at the end of her videos? Interesting she's back on it and she prepares for her masters and can profit from it again

Reactions: 17
I don't have Tiktok, but are you saying others found out too and are congratulating her?
I wonder if someone will break the secrecy now, and she'll hurridly post an announcement video.
Someone has mentioned it on her latest YouTube video. Ruby responded to say that she’s SO excited (i.e., she isn’t) and will be posting an announcement soon.

Reactions: 9
IMG_9592.jpg

she got in! It's finally been confirmed.

Honestly, I would pay to see Jack and Jade's reactions and also looking forward to how they'll congratulate her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Or she’s trying to work out how to tie in a sponsorship to maximise the revenue from all the views. Brace yourselves for
1) My Oxford Wardrobe, sponsored by Mispah Teenah/That Other Fast Fashion Brand
2) Cosy Pre-Oxford Study with Me, sponsored by Bard’n’Bland
3) My Oxford Study Essentials, sponsored by reMarkable
4) Oxford Study Snacks, a.k.a. Who Needs Actual Meals when you can have free Remedee Kombyoocha, Manilife and snack bars
5) Building a Holocaust Memorial in Oxford (totes not sponsored at all by anyone)
6) Reading Dakota Warren’s New Poems at Oxford (also not sponsored whatsoever)
7) How to Conceal Your Actual Whereabouts by Switching Your VPN Addrass [sic] from Granger Manor to Oxford, sponsored by Nord V.P. Anne

I feel like I’m missing a few, she’ll easily churn out content like this from now till October.
You forgot:
8/ How to make the perfect study folder DIY ( aka glue gun and washi tape time with sugarplum fairy in the background) ( with the washi tapes gifted by some etsy shop fan)
9/ How to go to school like Hermione Granger/reading in the train and missing my stop ( sponsored by British Rail)
10/ How to run away from Oxford and my responsibilities ( sponsored by mommy granger)
11/ Decorating my room/dark academia/Hogwarts/Victorian magic boarding school ( sponsored by uh... Ikea?)
12/ Study with me 24h with candlelight only ( clearly not sponsored by some optical center)

Not in that order I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2049165
she got in! It's finally been confirmed.
"I only realised after posting!"

...Which is why the card was placed on display at a seat she's not sitting at and angled directly at the camera? Hmm...

"I am just so excited!"

Sure, Jan.

I'm picturing Ruby bawling her eyes out and stamping her feet the second mummy drops her off, like a kid throwing tantrums and crying for their parents on the first day of preschool.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You can tell she was just waiting for someone to point it out in the comments. She was probably sat there refreshing until one came up just so she could be like “oops! I accidentally put that card in shot oops totally didn’t realise but anyway I’m syoooo excyyyted and I’m syooo much better than all of you!”

Reactions: 27
Honestly, I would pay to see Jack and Jade's reactions and also looking forward to how they'll congratulate her.
Jade: "Ahh, such CaSuAl MaGiC! 🌈 So happy for you gorl! 🎉 It's so nice to have simple dreams and achieve them. 🙌 I was going to go to Oxford but I didn't want to be rooted down and restricted like that. ✈ Now I study at a university where I travel the world, for only several times the cost of just going to the same places on holiday, and at the end of it I'll have a degree that will surely be recognised as legitimate! 📖 But you do you gorl, we love it! 🌷"

Jack: "Ruby at Oxford?! Call me Unpack Edwards because there's a lot to get my head around! But also call me Fatboy Slim, because I have to praise you. Now can I monetise this somehow without doing any work? 🤔"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Oh Jade and Jack are absolutely losing it right now I’m sure. Ruby is annoying but Jade (and her brother) are like the red flags to my bull so I’m less happy for Rubes and more delighted that Jade is definitely having a meltdown and reconsidering her life choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.