Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Didn’t she copy it from Holly Gabrielle or someone else? I seem to recall someone mentioning it here.
Yes. The claw is a Holly Gabrielle gesture.

It finally happened... I have been influenced by Ruby :sick: I bought one of the books she recommended on her newest video ... I have to admit, I have been kind of curious since the video on Instagram where she read this book in the van haha
What will come next? 😭
(However, I cannot wait to finally read it!!! Even though it will not be as fancy haha)
Haha that's okay. I bought a book that she recommended in her 'summer reads' vlog or whatever the title was. To be fair, she often lists good books. I don't remember the van one, though. Which book was that?

Reactions: 4

Larancia

The studying clip at the end… is it recycled as the massive Mac computer screen is missing?

also - watch to like ratio is awful!!
I checked the ipad it does say vocabulary in the title and when she films a close up, the text is about properties of latin language so i see 2 possible explanations

1. video is old but she used to study latin before, before she got the mac

2. video is NOT old and she put the screen somewhere else before filming this (like on the floor)

theMoth

Chatty Member
This is one of the things I love most about her terrible writing. The descriptions of people's physical movements and actions are completely fucking bonkers.

In the Lottie Parton passages she showed, Lottie could see through wooden desks, was facing the front of a classroom and could magically see the back of a student's head even though they were sat behind her and could somehow casually drum all her fingertips up and down her spine without dislocating her shoulders or alerting her teachers to the fact that she's from another planet.

She seems to have no clue how basic anatomy works and characters can apparently contort their limbs like pretzels, extend them at will or just detach them entirely. They can see in all directions at once like they've mastered astral projection. They all seem to be compulsively tapping their "finger pads" on everything in every scene. Their skin is usually a bubbling nightmare of ticks, twitches and wildly fluctuating temperature extremes. Whole book full of fucking aliens.
so the book is science fiction/fantasy.

I'm soo glad that her writing is so bad, because it gives me confidence! I have a "problem" with writing descriptions of people, of their surroundings etc. So I just write basic things .

theMoth

Chatty Member
Is there a possibility that she is colorblind? I know that there are different versions of color blindness so maybe she really can not differenciate between red pink beige and identifies all these as pink?
could be, but colourblindness is extremely rare in women

DrinaM

Chatty Member
I distinctly remember pestering my mum, when I was about 6 years old, asking her what her favourite colour was. She said she didn’t have one and I thought she was out of her mind. Now I understand how she felt having an irritating child relentlessly asking about “favourites” 😭
Meanwhile Roob wants to know everyone's favourite apple...

• Wow

ilovetrashtv

Ruby gives us tips again to be extra kind today. Thanks to her we learn that leaving "motivational stickynotes" in random magazines in waiting rooms is just as kind as donations to earthquake victims.

Once again, I'm lost for words.
I hope she realises the good feedback should be given to a person or company privately and she’s not blasting someone’s name all over the internet. I tell my customers a fake name in work for this reason, even for good feedback. I don’t want my name all over the internet, I don’t know want people to be able to find out where I work. Let people have their privacy for gods sake, Ruby.

joonielovers

her house looks huge but her room is all cramped up. I wonder how much money the family is bringing in

Larancia

She wasted her gap year opportunity and my already poor opinion of her has reduced further still.
I see people travel mostly in gap years, what is expected to accomplish other than that in gap years? For Rubys case i guess book could have been in order but what else could be done? (I am asking because I want to learn people's ideas please dont think i defend Rubys laziness)

Corneilya

I know it's been mentioned before, because it's extremely annoying and distracting. But can someone explain to me why she does the claw thing and talks with her hands so much? I'm autistic and honestly don't understand a lot of social things, it just seems so unnecessary.
(Please be kind! This is a genuine question lol. Also, sorry for my English!)
As a french, I often speak with my hands, just like lot of people from my place ( south west of France), for me it's normal. But it feels strange to see that on an english girl tbh, Idk why.

Not related but for the ones who know Kylegordonisgreat, his "The kid that's no fun" is a male Ruby but funnier.

VallegGirl

I have just read the blurb on the back of Rubes book on Amazon. Isn't that a photo of her bedroom? I wondered if it was enlarged it would be possible to spot candle grease, dead flies and dust bunnies?

• Haha

Lovely_rita

Why is she wearing a tie in and cardigan that give off major school uniform vibes in her recent video?! 😅 Knowing her, she quit her teaching job because she realised she couldn't just go back to being a student at her old school... so she now play pretends at home :')
Nah, she is just lazy and didn't like having a work commitment.

DrinaM

Chatty Member
I just wonder why Jack Edwards has almost double the subscribers, much higher views, better Like/Dislike ratio than Ruby. Do viewers find his persona more appealing? Is it the content? (Im aware of his latest 'scandal')

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
She made a huge deal out of shifting from the queen to the single so it's not surprising to me that she keeps harping on the single aspect. Just another thing to show that she's still a "child".
it was so she had more floor space for side tables, desk set up and yoga on a grotty blanket

bookworm39

I wish I had time to be bored, apparently real jobs don't prioritize that. But Rhubarb is probably the assistant to the assistant to the teacher's assistant, so I guess she has loads of time to be bored.
Same here. Between my job, my uni exams, taking care of the flat, spending time with my partner, and various hobbies, I have no time to be bored! 🤣

• Heart

ammie

I agree. Ruby only does this to seem passionate about the drivel she spews out but it's so fake, she picked it up from Holly Gabrielle I think because The Claw definitely wasn't a thing before.

I'm mediterranean, we also speak with our hands and there is an ease that comes from repetition and muscle memory when people gesticulate often naturally. Ruby's is just forced and awkward.
I'm not sure about my culture but as someone with ADHD I find it more comfortable to talk with my hands, idk if anyone else feels the same but it helps me focus and streamline my thoughts in a way (in work meetings I'll usually be writing or have a pen in hand to help me) but my hand movements don't consist of a claw 😂 that feels uncomfortable and forced

Ruby really is annoying when she's like I don't understand how anyone could not like xyz and it's like maybe if you lived the life the rest of us were living you'd understand but no stay in your mouldy bedroom and prance around your acres of land talking about how wonderful the world is and how us regular folk are blind to it's beauty

gisellejoly

if there even was enough snow (real snow that is, not that snow from machines). I think it's not that uncommon to go skiing at the beginning of March, though. Remember the huge covid outbreak three years ago in Ischgl/Austria? Was it late February or early March?
Yeah it was early March, I remember because it was people who were skiing in Italy who were the first covid patients in Ireland. i believe this is the most popular couple of weeks for brits and irish to go skiing, around the half term break.