Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DrinaM

Chatty Member
I just realised that she may have copied the idea of the 'western wind' bringing in spring from the Carly Rae Jepsen song 'Western Wind'. Lyrics are:

Comin' in like a western wind
Do you feel home from all directions?
First bloom, you know it's spring
Remindin' me, love, that it's all connected
(What is love?)
Comin' in like a western wind
(
by Carly Rae Jepsen)

• Wow
Reactions: 5

scrantonstrangler

Chatty Member
I get what you're saying — that she may be co-opting those struggles she didn't go through for content — but I don't fully agree. A lot of people relate to characters with mental illnesses, for example, who are played by actors who aren't mentally ill. I'm not saying Ruby is the same as a Hollywood actor lol but I don't think this is super egregious.
True, but in those cases people are fully aware that it's fiction. Ruby didn't make it super clear from what I can see. Perhaps this is something I'm sensitive to because I have personal experience. It's certainly not one of the worst things Ruby has ever done, but we're talking about a person that manages to mess up in every single thing she posts 😂

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
If you want an example of how things are, take a look at influencer Grace Beverley, she failed to get into Oxford for PPE (I think) then reapplied the next year for music at a different college where the guy in charge of admissions was someone who had previously taught her at the junior Royal College of Music 🙃.
It’s also way easier to get into Oxbridge for a masters than it is to get in at undergrad level.
I'd never heard of her, just looked at her channel seems like some sort of corporate 'guru' I take it she didn't continue with the oxbridge music...

pineapplesandcheese

I don't keep up with Ruby much anymore so sorry if it's been talked about, but I was wondering, she keeps talking about her 'job' at her old school but surely it's just volunteering? What paying job could she be doing in a school with no teacher training?

And why is she cosplaying again with the sash? It’s so strange, like a five-year old at Disney who wants to dress like a princess. That’s fine if you’re five but so strange when you’re in your mid 20s.
She must be performative. That's all there is to her

ilovetrashtv

No UCAS - you apply directly to the universities and pay a fee of around £75 per application
Ooooh I see! That clears things up for me, thank you. I always assumed it was through UCAS and so the application transcript would be visible through that.

VallegGirl

She looks like a nun on her day off
Or emulating her unmade bed 🤣
---

She's doing a valentines day promotion for buy one get one free for her planners, it just feels so desperate. Who would want to give their loved one a planner for valentines day? Also, her website is so out of date, she's still nineteen and studying Theology at uni, shouldn't she have changed that by now or kept it up to date or have staff who do it for her?
Nooo! Too much 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha

bookworm39

she is teaching (or whatever) parttime so depending on when her ... whatever she does starts, 10 o'clock isn't that odd, I guess.

btw I got a call earlier. I have a new job!! Starting in April, fulltime. It will be sooooo strange to work 40h a week after such a long time. And I have to leave the house. :cry: while my husband can stay home to work. will he miss me during the day?
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you! 😘

soph30

VIP Member
She’s getting lazy, I don’t like this reel format? It’s too short and removes all the cosy chillness and atmosphere, it’s just a clip

yeya

Imagine her getting accepted into Oxford the same week Jack is absolutely buried in controversy. After years of her being the one to cause herself non-stop bad PR while Jack gets endless success and a Waterstones deal, this'd be like Christmas come early for her.
What’s happened with Jack?

Norigh

It finally happened... I have been influenced by Ruby :sick: I bought one of the books she recommended on her newest video ... I have to admit, I have been kind of curious since the video on Instagram where she read this book in the van haha
What will come next? 😭
(However, I cannot wait to finally read it!!! Even though it will not be as fancy haha)

• Haha

pineapplesandcheese

Private schools in the UK can hire untrained/unqualified teaching staff. The school Ruby went to seems to accept a BA degree as a "good enough" qualification to be part of the teaching staff with no further experience needed. They still probably opt to hire people with some amount of experience and training for their full-time teachers, but Ruby is a prime example of the quality of education coming out of that place, so who knows.

From everything Ruby's shown (and since deleted), she's a (very) part-time classroom assistant and her actual responsibilities are minimal (she's doing things like making flash cards and posters), but she's doing her usual trick of being very coy, embellishing her involvement and refusing to actually talk about her role so that her fans will assume she's an actual teacher.
That's so weird, people pay to send their children to schools where the staff can be unqualified??

bookworm39

She has shown off her latest read on her Goodreads "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin which she gave a lovely 2 stars. Someone asked her why and I was half-tempted to state it was probably because she barely read it.
I was thinking that. It's probably not sufficiently juvenile for her.