Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap:

Despite no experience or qualifications, Ruby has a part-time "traditional job" at a school. It's (surprise, surprise) at her old private school, because nepotism. She also refuses to talk about it in any way, giving the distinct impression that she isn't enjoying it and she doesn't actually do anything there.

She participated in a live debate at King's College London on the topic of Gen Z, despite having avoided any interaction with or understanding of people from her own generation. She was woefully unprepared and hopelessly outmatched by all the actual academics on the panel. They talked circles around her and looked utterly embarrassed whenever she spoke. The livestream video was quickly pulled from YouTube for technical reasons, which did Ruby a huge favour.

She's applied for a Masters degree at Oxford, seemingly in 16th Century literature with an intended focus on manuscript studies. Her chances of being accepted are almost non-existent.

She's scrapped her Lottie Parton YA mystery book and possibly several other book ideas since then as prospective publishers have zero interest in anything she has to offer.

She skipped Holocaust Memorial Day for the first time in years, not long after skipping Anti-Bullying Week for the first time in years. It's debatable if she avoided it because she knew she'd receive backlash after trying to profit from it several times, or if she didn't mention it because there was no money on the table this year and she has no interest in charity if she can't get paid for it.

And that's it. It's all the same tit besides that: Giveaway scams, undeclared ads, rehashed vlogs full of sloppy editing and faked timescales, and lots of lies about reading books.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She has commenced the year with confusing timelines about the books she has read thus far for 2023. She has made a video about reading the favourite books of the Bronte sisters. One of these was The Pilgrims Progress and she called it 'boring' and said she would give it '1 star.' She also said that she felt bad for the Bronte sisters for having such a basic and boring book on their list of favourite books.

She's still living at home. Still filming herself wandering around the surrounding empty fields. She's looking pretty lost tbh and its no surprise that her latest video is about 'embracing boredom'.

Being bored seems to be a theme. We all await any news of her Masters application to Oxford. Her latest request to her followers was for recommendations for a book similar to Atonement, because she has already allegedly read it several times and wants something new. Like I said, boredom seems to be the theme. Along with the usual candles, lazy attempts at sewing and a very messy beetroot latte; the making of which may murder your eardrums if you watch while wearing headphones.

Reactions: 23
its no surprise that her latest video is about 'embracing boredom'.
Not only embracing boredom, but 'prioritising' boredom! This makes it sound as though boredom is a scheduled activity that she ticks off in her planner. Next thing we know it'll be part of her morning routine.

P.s. Oops sorry I got the wrong title in the last thread. I love 'Pumpkin Bread Activity'. 😂

Reactions: 19
Not only embracing boredom, but 'prioritising' boredom! This makes it sound as though boredom is a scheduled activity that she ticks off in her planner. Next thing we know it'll be part of her morning routine.

P.s. Oops sorry I got the wrong title in the last thread. I love 'Pumpkin Bread Activity'. 😂
lol I saw your comment this morning and felt I should make the thread right away because I knew what the most popular title was - I literally posted the thread while brushing my teeth, I really prioritise Tattle in my everyday life :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 17

09:00 - 09:05 - Be bored.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wish I had time to be bored, apparently real jobs don't prioritize that. But Rhubarb is probably the assistant to the assistant to the teacher's assistant, so I guess she has loads of time to be bored.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wish I had time to be bored, apparently real jobs don't prioritize that. But Rhubarb is probably the assistant to the assistant to the teacher's assistant, so I guess she has loads of time to be bored.
Same here. Between my job, my uni exams, taking care of the flat, spending time with my partner, and various hobbies, I have no time to be bored! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think that I do almost get envious of Ruby in the aspect that she has time to get bored and all this free time, when I'm working on a full time masters and I'm working thirty hours per week in a customer service job, and having to do cook, clean, and fit everything all in. A few weeks in and I am already feeling so stressed and then there is Ruby who is basically doing a pocket money job and she is just making a video about being bored and getting all this money from social media. I am wondering if I am in the wrong life or something!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Same here. Between my job, my uni exams, taking care of the flat, spending time with my partner, and various hobbies, I have no time to be bored! 🤣
I let myself be bored between my moping about finding no job, being anxious of being jobless at the start of April. but my husband tells me not to worry too much, that I don't have to find a new job right away. But I want to. I know that I will get bored (and worse) if I don't have a job. My student assistant job is only 10 hours a week but it gives me at least ... something. With my studies finished I can't stay at the job and I don't want to become an older version of Ruby with twirling around our garden, burning candles and poems in the dark and recreating childhood. I could finally start writing a novel, but I'm too ... I don't want to say depressed but it almost feels that way...

enough! Ruby wouldn't worry about not finding a job (because ShE iS a YoUtUbEr AnD sHe WoRkS hArD!!!!1111

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Honestly from productivity based videos to embracing boredom - well that's not a contradiction is it? I don't think of her as Ruby Bones but instead Ruby Lazy Bones since she appears to do nothing more exhausting than lighting (dusty) candles, reading (children's) books, making (lumpy) porridge and (endless) cups of tea; making sure, of course, to try and break the cup or glass by clonking in heavily on the counter top or attacking it with a spoon whilst she mashes the teabag to an inch of its life and leaving a trail of tea across the counter for someone else to wipe up (eventually). For someone who sold her whole existence on being productive she hasn't exactly been that in her gap year. She could have done any amount of things in her gap year which would have contributed to society but no, not her, she has wasted this opportunity. It is because she has wasted an opportunity that is a privilege I, for one, will be so peeved if she gets into Oxford. I don't see someone who wastes opportunities as being deserving of a place at Oxford (or indeed anywhere else). I had a gap year. I did three different things. I worked as a children's courier for a holiday company in France, I worked in a Dutch flower bulb factory and I worked as an au pair in Belgium. None of these jobs were high ranking but each gave me a new set of skills, enabled me to live and work in another country and supported me to improve by ability to speak French or Dutch. Ruby has done none of these things. Instead she thinks that she has achieved a great deal by spending three weeks in the USA and 'working' at her old school. I'd have thought more of her had she worked in a fast food restaurant or even had a paper round. I, btw, have done both of the aforementioned and again they gave me a skill set I wouldn't otherwise have had. I did not consider any of these jobs beneath me but I don't think she would work in a job she considers beneath her. Being an 'educator' in her old school seems anything but a challenge. The other thing is all this introvert nonense. Does anyone else feel she is gilding this particular lily to excuse her wasted gap year and offer an explanation as to why she has achieved so very little?,I have to say it and let it out. I can't bear her snug entitled and false persona.

Reactions: 9
Do we know when she’ll find out about the masters? I defo think she’s going to get into Oxford this time, I can’t see them rejecting her tbh.

Reactions: 9
In reference to the recap, how do you know she’s scrapped her books? I can’t remember where she said that.

Reactions: 2
In reference to the recap, how do you know she’s scrapped her books? I can’t remember where she said that.
In her q&a video before xmas she said she had ”withdrawn” Lottie Parton because she ”didn’t want it to be the first book she published” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Lottie Parton got dropped like @Griftwood says. Rubert's dubious excuses screamed "I keep getting endless rejections so I'm pulling it to save face".

She then moved onto her Lemony Snickett knockoff book Penelope Peppermint/Peppercorn/Papajohns or whatever she eventually named it. But she mentioned at some point that she'd had to start from scratch on it and then seems to have given up with that entirely.

Reactions: 18
I eventually had to skip her talking about A Kind of Spark 💀 God just have some self awareness and just say you recommend it for kids rather than talking around in circles and just coming off as crappy to the author…

By no means saying you can’t critique a book by an own voices author or an adult can’t critique children’s books but her clip in the video that she needed to edit in order to put it up just really rubbed me the wrong way

Reactions: 3
Not even a minute into the video and she's already managed to mispronounce both The Brothers Karamazov and Dostoevsky.

I skipped through the video and my favourite bit has to be: "The whole book [The Queen's Gambit], her kind of the social dynamic is like a chess move in itself, which is kind of like which is why it's called The Queen's Gambit". She seems so self-assured spewing this unintelligible poppycock, it's beyond laughable. I guess child prodigy, chess afficionado Ruby Granger hasn't heard of openings and gambits?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.