Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daredevil

At my place, YouTubers who don’t do sponsorship in a proper way, get fined. Almost 60000 dollars.

Reactions: 2
just catching up on the thread and - am i being thick or does the 'rainy and chatty vlog' not exist now? like i can't find it, has she changed the title name or taken it down?

ilovetrashtv

Unless it’s changed, Oxford uses the Banner system behind the scenes for admissions and student progression which is an enormous database that holds ALL the information relating to a student as they progress through the student lifecycle at the University.

This means that every time she applies it will add to her record in the system. Even if she used a different email address, there are people employed to literally match student records already in the system. They’ll have a full picture of her application history across all Oxford colleges at both UG and PG levels.
Please someone keep me right, I’m an undergrad currently and have never applied for a masters. Do you apply for masters programmes via UCAS too?

soph30

VIP Member
Unless it’s changed, Oxford uses the Banner system behind the scenes for admissions and student progression which is an enormous database that holds ALL the information relating to a student as they progress through the student lifecycle at the University.

This means that every time she applies it will add to her record in the system. Even if she used a different email address, there are people employed to literally match student records already in the system. They’ll have a full picture of her application history across all Oxford colleges at both UG and PG levels.
So we reckon she’s applied before for postgrad, what’s changed in a year, some extracurriculars? Think she may have got it though, good for her :)

allthemyths

Urgh, don't mention carnival! I've worked very hard to make my home a carnival-free zone, despite living near Düsseldorf... 😅
Trying to survive living and working in Mainz, carnival capital no. 2, and it's only just getting started 💀

---

nah from what I remember she had a friend who was also called Ruby? Then that friend told her she was getting bullied and she decided to, er, put an end to it (aka make things worse).
That sounds so much like a Ruby'ian lie. I neither knew her nor watched her vlogs at the time, but my first intuition was that she was definitely just talking about herself, obviously believing that she could defend herself in a cLeVeR and subtle yet confident way. Ruby, you failed. (Again.) Your lies have always been easy to see through.

It's scary to see though that years later she hasn't even remotely outgrown that role. Any ideas why her parents allow all that shit?

bookworm39

Trying to survive living and working in Mainz, carnival capital no. 2, and it's only just getting started
My condolences! 🤣 I used to live in Düsseldorf, now I live between Duisburg and Krefeld, so Niederrhein, i.e. almost like the Rhineland. Carnival is a big thing here. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 1

yeya

Sorry but that pizza looks so dead… it’s just a base with tomato? I understand she is a vegan and people can like whatever they like, but I cannot imagine ordering a pizza with no cheese and then not adding some other toppings like peppers, mushrooms, onions etc.
Where is this?

joonielovers

what are her parents jobs? also - is she not friends with the girls she lived in during uni with? (sorry if this is wrong i don’t watch her videos that much anymore and i can’t really remember if she lived with just one girl or two - all i remember is the video where she was complaining about loud noises in a student accom)

soph30

VIP Member
Yeah I’m not sure if they know how many times she’s applied? As there’s different tutors interviewing and reviewing applications every time. She probs should have tried for Cambridge :)

DrinaM

Chatty Member
I would also say getting a reality-check at Oxford could do her some good, but on the other hand we know the only thing Ruby really excels in is pretending all of her failures are "societies fault". If she fails at Oxford she wont be able to do any critical thinking and reflection on it. It could get her further in life, making her reconsider her choices and making her get a job etc.. But likely it will just make her run home to her parents, continuing exactly the lifestyle of her "gap-year". She will make multiple videos how the "traditional" sense of success is wrong and you can also define success as running around your parents garden in a night gown while being absolutly misserable.
bingo!

DrinaM

Chatty Member
Ruby: "I'm lyoosing moiy teeth fwore somm reason!"
Also Ruby: "Latts myake our one hondrad and fworetee-savventh dessarrt of the week! The doctor sahz an appol poiy a day keeps the danntist away!"

When 90% of what little she eats is nothing but sugars and acids, I can see why her dental health is as fucked as her general health.

Ruby: "Oiy...cyan't tal yoo what moiy job is or what oiy dyoo at moiy job becoss of PROYVASEE CONSAAHRNS."
Also Ruby: (Makes a point to film inside her own dentist's office, where the staff then comment to ask, "Is that our reception?!")

What a dumbass. You can find her dentist in like 30 seconds with that information.
All of that. My thoughts exactly.