Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, another “I tried on some of their clothes and they very kindly gifted me them” collab 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
omg the shoes! :eek: does she not have another pair with her? does she only own these shoes? especially combined with the trousers they look awful. Even I can see that!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh god, another “I tried on some of their clothes and they very kindly gifted me them” collab 🙄

The suit looks nice but too big for her, the jumper with the embroidered collar is very cute and I'd totally wear that, although not with those trousers
The outfit with the green sweater and the midi skirt and the one with the blouse and the grey skirt should both be burned

omg the shoes! :eek: does she not have another pair with her? does she only own these shoes? especially combined with the trousers they look awful. Even I can see that!
Jesus I didn't even notice the shoes. They look like my grandma's orthopedic shoes (don't know what they're called in English)

Reactions: 12

why is she posing with a book? she doesn't need to bring the "hey, look at me I read and I have a big dark academia brain" in every single thing she does

Reactions: 20
So she just randomly walked into a store and they said, oh, let us collab with you right now. Nope. This is why she went to NYC. Straight up. Another lie. The suit looks ridiculous on her. Not a flattering style for her and way too big. Those clunky shoes look ridiculous in every outfit she has worn. The others are passable for her, because they have "The Secret Garden" vibes. Lemme go take a walk into Chanel, just in case, you know, they want to throw some bags at me to pose with. I'm vibing with my Chanel Chance perfume on, so I am sure it will happen. Oh wait, I need to pretend to be someone else first. Let's see....who is on Rugbies list?

Reactions: 18
Btw where is this Barbie box thing? It looks fun.
Despite being quite a nerdy kid I absolutely loved Barbie dolls and dolls in general as a child. Apart from reading books I think they were my favourite passtime. I had a huge box of hand me down Barbie dolls that I got from a friend of my grandma's whose daughter had grown out of them, and grandma used to use scraps of fabric to make me doll dresses with her sewing machine, it was so cute. A lot of people scoff at dolls and Barbies but for me they were storytelling tools, to make up stories in my head using the dolls as actors.
I have a picture like that from a private collection that was running on the toy museum of my country. I agree with you, Barbie is the symbol of so many problems but it also give so much fun and inspiration when growing up, and with the upcoming movie my Barbie phase is coming back stronger than ever!

Reactions: 7
I hope she doesn't post a "Bookish Trip to New York" video, since she was clearly on a "Mooching Trip to New York."

Reactions: 11
It got worse.

View attachment 1736844

Ruby: "It's not an ad, JANUINELY! I just want to spread the love and awareness of Ammily Dickensun!"
Commenter: "Cool! Can you make us aware of what you love about her?"
Ruby: "No. It's a secret."
Commenter: "Wait, what?"
Ruby: "I can't talk about it online. It's not the right place."
Commenter: "But...this is the comments section of a video you uploaded to talk about Emily Dickinson, and you're an online influencer - that's the exact right place!"
Ruby: "It's not the right medium."
Commenter: "Wait, I thought you were a life-long lover of academia and an aspiring writer? How is the written word not the right medium to talk about your favourite writer?!"
Ruby: "Mummy, someone's bullying me again!"
This is hysterical 😂 I'd love to know which imaginary friend in particular is blessed enough to be allowed to hear her intimate thoughts about Dickinson because Blakeney sure as hell is not spending a minute of her life to discuss poetry with Rubes.

• Haha
IMO she went to New York with her family because it's strange that she never mentioned that she was going to New York before and in this Insta story she said that she was with her 7 year old cousin so I presume that she was also with other members of her family. Also I thought she was only going America for 3 weeks however, it feels like she has been there for more than 3 weeks as I thought she would have left by now yet she is still in America.
1668712006204.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It’s at a point where it’s like when you’re having a conversation with that one guy/girl everybody knows who just randomly lies about stupid things for no reason - you know you’re being bullshitted, but it’s so pointless and tired and just kinda sad by that point where everybody just feels tired and vaguely embarrassed while the liar sits back like “oh man I convinced them of that one right??” - we all know she spent the trip hiding in a hotel room doing exactly what she does at home, bar maybe one or two things, while she’s trying to frame it as this big brave adventure.

like she’s not even fun to mock anymore, it’s just…sad?
Everyone here will probably agree that these things - like hiding in a hotel room, being socially awkward, spending an unhealthy amount of time with mommy - are not very good. But I think if only Ruby was honest about them and shared some personal insight into her struggles, we all would respect her so much more. It's not her behavior per se, but it's her fakeness and her lies. Ruby, if you're reading this, it's okay to struggle. But it's not okay to lie.

Ruby in 10 years? (on Reddit)

View attachment 1737878
In 10 years, she will still be studying. She'll do a Masters, then some gap years at home, then a PhD. Give her 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
IMO she went to New York with her family because it's strange that she never mentioned that she was going to New York before and in this Insta story she said that she was with her 7 year old cousin so I presume that she was also with other members of her family. Also I thought she was only going America for 3 weeks however, it feels like she has been there for more than 3 weeks as I thought she would have left by now yet she is still in America.
View attachment 1738386
Yes, the three weeks ended over the weekend. So she definitely has stayed in the US for longer. The clothing line collab, relatives that live here, someone taking pictures. She hasn't been alone all this time. There are tons of people in the Northeast that are originally from England, including my next door neighbours. They are everywhere. It is very typical, so I am not surprised she has family over here and is mooching on them. Nothing she says is the honest truth. Everything is hidden, everything has a lie attached to it. She seems to be doing this more and more. A bad habit to get into as an adult and it won't serve her well.

In all honestly she is doing everything wrong. If she thinks this trip is going to look good on an application for uni or a job, at least in the US this is the exact opposite. Putting your toe into too many things, too diverse, shows you have no focus on a specific interest. Posing for Miss Patina and other clothing lines, making your own tea, having a planner.....none of these relate in any way to being a published author. Journalism, writing for your university year book, literary clubs, readathons, book groups (we all know where that led to), doing reviews for book box subscriptions, working in a bookstore. These are what they will look for if you try for any career or post grad program in literature. Walking through a bookstore and taking a few selfies is useless and something any TikToker or Instagrammer can do. Anyone. You need to specialize in something and show your passion. She is not a book channel, nor Dark or Light Academia, nor CottageCore. She isn't anything. Companies will reach out to the most random people to advertise because commercials on TV just don't exist on most platforms, like Amazon, Netflix and cable channels. I had a big following on Instagram back in the day. I had offers for free jewelry, clothing, books, candles, houseware, you name it. I turned it all down because I didn't want my gram to be about that. So I closed that account and made a private one for friends and family only. I was sick of random companies writing to me every week for some kind of collab or offer. I really don't know where she is going with all of this. Most people who do this end up leaving social media altogether and put this foolery behind them, get married, have kids, have a career. I see her doing this crap until she is grey haired, which, at this rate, will happen sooner than later. Rubes life is a chaotic mess.

But I think if only Ruby was honest about them and shared some personal insight into her struggles, we all would respect her so much more.
I have very mixed feelings about this. I feel like there are so many influencers and celebrities who are out there being all confessional about their struggles and "mental health journey" that it's become meaningless. It's a promotional exercise. Many of them are doing fine enough to be very successful. Not that success and mental health troubles can't co-exist but...I don't know. I guess I'm tired of seeing wealthy, ambitious, successful people put on the mantle of suffering to promote themselves and increase their audience.

In Ruby's case, there's clearly something not good going on with her. But at the same time, she's got the wherewithal to do things that I would never have the brazen confidence to do -- like foist myself on the Emily Dickinson Museum or mooch free stuff at every opportunity. What can you call that? By now, I'm not sure I want to hear her prattling about her struggles. I'll believe she's struggling when she makes an announcement that she's stepping away from social media so that she can focus on her health and her future. That would feel real. But if she were to use her struggles as a launchpad for more crappy content or to build her audience...that would just be opportunistic bullshit.

Reactions: 12
So she is leaving New York, or rather has already left it, and looks like she is on a train going somewhere. Where the heck is she going now? rofl Her roaming about is rather humorous for someone who couldn't even stay at school for a weekend for 4 years and had to keep running back to Mommy and Daddy. She is so bizarre.

Reactions: 5
I don't think she has an articulated opinion about her poetry at all.
I think she likes the kind of lifestyle Emily Dickinson lived and who she was as a person rather than her poetry.
Exactly. Sorry if someone already pointed this out in the thread, but I just saw her Amily Deck-in-sun video and she emphasized the fact that at one point Amily was staying right down the hallway from her mother. Guess she was trying to use that as a justification for being Jost Loike Amily.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I'll give her one thing... I'm almost impressed she has at least been on trains and gone to NY rather than just stay in that initial B&B.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.