Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1705498

"I'm sorry you chose not to like my crappy editing. I spent many many hours editing and somehow it still looks like it was edited with a lawnmower! I'll probably get better one day! :)"

Ruby, you've been doing this for over seven years. If you haven't improved in any way in that time, it's clearly not going to happen accidentally and you're clearly never going to bother trying to get better.
I'm so glad someone wrote it in comments. I wanted to, but thought she'd just delete it

Reactions: 9
She is really not selling Boston tbh. Half the video was her filming countryside, trees with autumn leaves, the beach and the rain? You can literally see that tit in England in October. I’m sure a lot of people watched that video and were like yeah I’d rather go to Spain lmso

Reactions: 10
All her trips this year could she have used easily to gain new followers and start rebranding herself. I am not talking about Ruby going Travel Youtuber, buying a van. But she could have shown the cities, the museums, the art, the streets, the culture in this cities she were. Why not showing us the best vegan food stops in Boston? Still I don't know what a bookish week is and all the books the holds in the camera - sorry to say that but all the classic novels are finite. someday you had read all. why not concentrate on modern work? work which is nowadays discussed?
ah right. you have to put effort into your content.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1705905

Ruby hates spending money on things full stop 😂 I remember in one of her first year university blogs, she put 50p in the wrong tumble dryer and seemed disproportionately put out by it. Daddy Bones probably paid for the hotel in exchange for getting her out of the family home for a few weeks.
She just doesn't understand the value of money imo. She pretends that things like dinner at a restaurant or a book are sooo expensive and such a big deal for her, yet she always wastes money on performative things she doesn't need.
Even that $17 copy of Candide, as I said you can get classics for free or very cheap. The ebook costs less than 1 euro on Amazon. You can find the PDF online for free because it's no longer copyrighted, and you can get a paperback copy for like 5-10 euros. If your budget for books is $20 maybe you shouldn't get the one book that you can easily read for free or for very cheap?
And like, people are allowed to spend their money in whatever way they want. Maybe Candide is your favorite piece of literature and you're happy to spend $17 to own a copy that looks good. But at least don't complain afterwards about how expensive it was and that you could only afford one book because of that, because you'd look like an idiot who's incapable of making sensible decisions about their own money.

Reactions: 21
Ruby’s channel is way too revealing about her personal weaknesses. She is one of those online personalities that really should have been protected against herself since she does not seem self aware of how she is perceived. Isn’t there anybody around her who cares enough to say that this stuff should not go online? It is the power of a passive income-stream I guess. That’s sad.

Reactions: 14
Ruby’s channel is way too revealing about her personal weaknesses. She is one of those online personalities that really should have been protected against herself since she does not seem self aware of how she is perceived. Isn’t there anybody around her who cares enough to say that this stuff should not go online? It is the power of a passive income-stream I guess. That’s sad.
I imagine anyone telling her that would be met with a tantrum. Her parents enable her and her fans will jump on anyone who dares criticise her. She’s able to live in a world where she can do no wrong and every poem about seagulls and epithelium that she craps out is met with applause. It’s gone on so long that I genuinely doubt she’s able to see herself for who she truly is.

Reactions: 15
She just doesn't understand the value of money imo. She pretends that things like dinner at a restaurant or a book are sooo expensive and such a big deal for her, yet she always wastes money on performative things she doesn't need.
I agree, she knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, which is why she does stupid tit like this, simultaneously falling into a coquettish, "I'm aware I'm very privileged!"

Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 11.19.14.png

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I agree, she knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, which is why she does stupid tit like this, simultaneously falling into a coquettish, "I'm aware I'm very privileged!"

View attachment 1706183
This made me wince. I know everyone is entitled to treat their own property how they see fit but I can't imagine willingly ruining any of my books with a really bad watercolour painting 💀

Reactions: 17
I find it a bit amusing that she has just watched Gilmore Girls, which includes that sarcastic Poe Society scene when the whole town has to suffer through two readings of The Raven in a row and they're not very happy about it. Perhaps she didn't get to season 3 yet :D

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This may be a biased opinion but IMO England and Massachusetts have some strong similarities with its nature / beaches . I really dont get what made ruby think Massachusetts was so extremely different in comparison to the UK and magical , particularly the way she was dancing around on the beach , to me it looked like the average Welsh/English beach especially on a bad rainy day. Half the scenery she has already waiting in her backyard or nearby beaches 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I really can't wait for her to reuse the Boston footage in her English morning routine videos

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hahaha 🙃🙃🙃
What did she expect, when she choose to buy a new edition which is always more expensive than the original?
Ruby: "I love books syo syo moch! The acksperiance of reading a bock is warth annie cost! Physical books asspashally syo!"
Also Ruby: "It's HOW MUCH?! $17?! You're charging the average RRP of a new book for a new book?! HOW DAHHR YOO."

Ruby: "People shoddn't chyarge the wrong proice for thyings. Oiy think that's tyoo moch to ackspact peepol tyo pay and oiy dyon't agryee with it."
Also Ruby: "Please boiy moiy new nyotebock. It's flyimsy and cheap-lyooking and only has 80 pyages. It's £9. Also buy this crinkled ribbon. £6."

I imagine anyone telling her that would be met with a tantrum. Her parents enable her and her fans will jump on anyone who dares criticise her. She’s able to live in a world where she can do no wrong and every poem about seagulls and epithelium that she craps out is met with applause. It’s gone on so long that I genuinely doubt she’s able to see herself for who she truly is.
Case in point:

Untit80980l6575665685867475645645678765676ed.jpg

Constructive criticism about the objectively bad quality of her editing and audio = VARRY NASTY behaviour from HORRIBOL BULLIES.

Untit80980l657566568585645645678765676ed.jpg

Having someone's dialogue be completely inaudible in a video isn't bad, it's an ackwoired tyaste and VARRY ATMOSFARRIC!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ruby: "I love books syo syo moch! The acksperiance of reading a bock is warth annie cost! Physical books asspashally syo!"
Also Ruby: "It's HOW MUCH?! $17?! You're charging the average RRP of a new book for a new book?! HOW DAHHR YOO."

Ruby: "People shoddn't chyarge the wrong proice for thyings. Oiy think that's tyoo moch to ackspact peepol tyo pay and oiy dyon't agryee with it."
Also Ruby: "Please boiy moiy new nyotebock. It's flyimsy and cheap-lyooking and only has 80 pyages. It's £9. Also buy this crinkled ribbon. £6."

Case in point:

View attachment 1706747

Constructive criticism about the objectively bad quality of her editing and audio = VARRY NASTY behaviour from HORRIBOL BULLIES.

View attachment 1706752

Having someone's dialogue be completely inaudible in a video isn't bad, it's an ackwoired tyaste and VARRY ATMOSFARRIC!
Not only was the mix of horizontal and vertical clips a mess, but i really struggled with some clips being completely silent and clearly muted then the next clips is her shoes scuffling about and then wind, and then back to silent, then occassional clips of music, a really odd mix. Shes been doing youtube for so long, her editing must be better than this by now.

Reactions: 18
Not only was the mix of horizontal and vertical clips a mess, but i really struggled with some clips being completely silent and clearly muted then the next clips is her shoes scuffling about and then wind, and then back to silent, then occassional clips of music, a really odd mix. Shes been doing youtube for so long, her editing must be better than this by now.
Yeah, this has always been a thing with her: Overlapping audio, audio levels all over the place, jarring cuts because she cut too late or early, sentences with several abrupt cuts in them because she couldn't be bothered with a second take of whatever she was trying to say, the same songs used over and over, not muting source footage audio when she's narrating over it. It's a technical nightmare and I can't see how she spends any time on editing or gives it a second glance when she's slapped it all together. It's beyond lazy.

Not only is she not getting any better, she's picking up even more bad habits, too. She's speeding up the audio more and more. I think her jumping onto TikTok has been bad for her, too, since she's suddenly lost all concept of how aspect ratios work. Now she thinks it's okay to have a YouTube video be 65% portrait footage, because TikTok videos are viewed in portrait mode.

But like @Griftwood says, lots of her fans will praise her editing and claim it's very "cinematic" regardless of what godawful tit she serves up. She'll choose to only listen to the blind praise, so she'll never change.

Reactions: 16
View attachment 1705905

Ruby hates spending money on things full stop 😂 I remember in one of her first year university blogs, she put 50p in the wrong tumble dryer and seemed disproportionately put out by it. Daddy Bones probably paid for the hotel in exchange for getting her out of the family home for a few weeks.
In my experience, rich people are far more reluctant to spend money. I have a friend whose parents literally own 2 houses and when we were at a christmas market once she bought me a 50 p doughnut and then immediately sent me her bank details. Whereas my friends who aren't well off will buy me a £1 drink and not demand immediate repayment

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.