Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
O
they uploaded 20 minutes ago a reel: Ruby reading a poem from Emily.
Has the museum posted anything to explain who this little British waif is, and why she'll be guest posting with them for a whole week? I'm only seeing the reel on their IG and it doesn't explain a thing. Can anyone just walk in there and start reading poetry and get a partnership?

Reactions: 11
Oh my. What did I wrong in my life with being honest and hard working. I was so dumb.
Nah. You have something she’ll never have - your self-respect. I was just thinking about this today - I work full time and make a decent wage, and more than that, I’m in a place where I don’t have to try and pretend I’m someone I’m not (the way she does). I work with people who don’t mind my eccentricities and who value what I do. I know Roobee’s diehard fans like to dismiss anyone who points out the many, MANY ways she and her content are problematic as ”jealous”, but truly, I wouldn’t be in her shoes for anything. Badgering any and all brands for sponsorships? Traveling to a foreign city to hang out in a bleeping park until you can rope a local museum into letting you do a day of low-effort insta stories? Constantly having to spin your failure to launch as ”taking a gap yahh to work on a book” that ultimately never goes anywhere? Miss me with that.

If Roobee ever manages to grow up, she’s going to cringe so hard at the content she’s putting up now. She may even realize what a fraud she’s been (not holding my breath for that one, she’s not the sharpest Moomin in the valley as we may or may not say where I’m from). I don’t even know you, but I can say with confidence you’ll never cringe as hard for yourself as we’re all cringing for Ruby right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You know, Americans have kind of a weakness for blonde con women with weird accents: see Anna (Delvey) Sorokin and Elizabeth Holmes for two recent examples. Ol' Ruby might be on to something here.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nah. You have something she’ll never have - your self-respect. I was just thinking about this today - I work full time and make a decent wage, and more than that, I’m in a place where I don’t have to try and pretend I’m someone I’m not (the way she does). I work with people who don’t mind my eccentricities and who value what I do. I know Roobee’s diehard fans like to dismiss anyone who points out the many, MANY ways she and her content are problematic as ”jealous”, but truly, I wouldn’t be in her shoes for anything. Badgering any and all brands for sponsorships? Traveling to a foreign city to hang out in a bleeping park until you can rope a local museum into letting you do a day of low-effort insta stories? Constantly having to spin your failure to launch as ”taking a gap yahh to work on a book” that ultimately never goes anywhere? Miss me with that.

If Roobee ever manages to grow up, she’s going to cringe so hard at the content she’s putting up now. She may even realize what a fraud she’s been (not holding my breath for that one, she’s not the sharpest Moomin in the valley as we may or may not say where I’m from). I don’t even know you, but I can say with confidence you’ll never cringe as hard for yourself as we’re all cringing for Ruby right now.
Her die hard fans are bleeping deluded if they think people are jealous of Ruby. She is absolutely stunted and makes me feel extremely grateful for the life I have made for myself so far tbh.

I really hope she has left Boston because she's named the hotel she was staying in on TikTok and given a room tour.

Reactions: 7
I really hope she has left Boston because she's named the hotel she was staying in on TikTok and given a room tour.
I think she has left Boston because if she hadn't she wouldn't have given a room tour IMO. The thing is though by giving the name of the B&B and if she is still in Boston then she could be putting herself in danger as there are many creeps out there and it is very risky to put out details out about where you have been staying and what you are doing etc.

Last edited:
I hope we get a Boston video...I need something that isn't her in her bedroom cosplaying a writer

Reactions: 6
*Sits in her bedroom reciting poetry*
Tattle: all Ruby does is sit in her bedroom and read poetry.
Ruby: mean internet bullies! I'll show them!
*Sits in Emily Dickinson's bedroom reciting poetry*

My take: Her trip is already over and was a complete disaster. That's why it was so quiet around her in the meantime (up until a Tattler spotted the first park photo on her stories that got deleted shortly after). I wouldn't rule out a total nervous breakdown without mummy and daddy. So the trip was cut short or cancelled at very short notice (three weeks became only one). Nevertheless, she was forced to maintain her crumbling façade and post those photos and videos from the museum.
This wouldn't surprise me at all, but perhaps she's just moved to a different city in the U.S and that's why the Boston comment is in the past tense? The museum is in another town, so maybe that's what she's referring to. I don't get why she's not transparent with her timelines!

If Ruby did go on her own to do some volunteering that's a huge step considering her anxiety, so she deserves some credit for making the effort. I still think it was ill-considered when there are all sorts of National Trust volunteering opportunities within the UK - less expensive, less stressful, doesn't need as much planning or reliance on car journeys. Gossip Guy's idea about a 'literary tour' to Hay-on-Wye, Stratford-upon-Avon etc is a lot more doable imo.

she’s not the sharpest Moomin in the valley
Lol! Please don't ruin Moomins for me.

Reactions: 10
Untit80980l6575ed.jpg

Ahh, the parlour where the Dickinsons would "receive their GHASTS".

Untit80980l65756876ed.jpg

It seems that scholars are uncovering new information about Emily Dickinson all the time!

• Haha
Ruby should be very careful how she words her trip to Boston. Especially in writing, and double especially online.

If she was on a tourist visa she could get in hot water with immigration. Not sure of the specifics of "work" for the US, but she should still tread carefully.

• Wow
Does anyone actually know if she is still in America because she seems to have gone really quiet. This whole trip seems to be surrounded by mystery because she isn't sharing that much about her trip at all whereas when she went to Italy she was constantly telling us about the things that she was doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Ruby has finally turned into a victorian ghost. No one has seen her, heard from her. No one knows about her remaining. Its all a big mystery.
Only on TikTok we hear a echo of ghast ghast ghast ghast.. floating through an old house with threes in garden lying in death, ready to get buried in the winter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ruby's parents are really not helping. They are letting her live with them, but she isn't working or studying. Not even a Saturday job, for crying out loud. Has Ruby ever had an actual, non YouTube, job?
I think YouTube is - or at least could be - a job in the usual sense. Ideally she'd spend time planning what to post, doing research when needed for those videos, and so on. Maintaining a frequently-posting quality social media presence would probably take a lot of time and effort, and then there's looking for sponsorship and whatnot. If she works and it pays then it's a job, right? But she approaches it as a hobby that happens to pay, and very shoddily at that - I'm not sure if she enjoys doing it any more, and YouTube burn out is very common and I can see why, since it demands constant production of content focussed on a narrow niche and most people don't maintain burning interests that long so it eventually becomes a chore when it started out as a fun side-hussle.

Of course, Ruby doesn't need the money which is probably a large part of why she puts in so little effort. Rich parents (in my limited experience of such things) expect their children to earn money but not necessarily to "work." Many of them give their kids nothing-jobs in their companies, or tell everyone how noble they are if they get into the charities sector (where they can really leverage the advantage of being able to take unpaid internships and the like).

I also think she might be too mentally unwell to deal with her social media presence and her YouTube work, but she keeps doing it anyway and that's probably a bad idea.

Reactions: 12
her new video is terrifying and weird and I think I forgot the english I know I couldn't understand a thing she said. which makes the video more creepy

OH MY GOD, I'm cringing. It's both sad and mad. You're in Boston on Halloween and, instead of at least going to a coffee shop or some event to enjoy the atmosphere, you decide to do a disturbing reading of the world's most well-known poem. Alone, in your room. Something you could do at home.

I truly don't think she's alright. It seems like she was so scared to go anywhere. There are almost no clips of the outside. The video looks like a cry for help.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.