Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looked so miserable and lonely on Halloween.
You don't have to do anything on Halloween if you don't feel like celebrating or you have nothing to do. I myself didn't do anything on Halloween night. But I didn't lock myself away in my room all dressed up for no reason, posting TikToks with my little Coraline costume on where I look like I'm about to cry. I was perfectly content spending the night the way I would have any other day of the year, and hardly even thought about the fact that it was Halloween at all.
Instead, the videos she posted really make it clear that she was unhappy and lonely. She looks on the verge of tears for God's sake. I'm like girl it's not the end of the world if you're alone on Halloween with nothing to do. Go put on cozy pajamas and fluffy socks, have a cup of tea with cookies or some chocolate, watch something on Netflix and just relax and have a nice night by yourself. Dressing up in a costume just to sit in a bleak hotel room and recite poetry for her TikTok followers while holding back tears is the saddest most pathetic thing she could have done.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
She looked so miserable and lonely on Halloween.
Yeah, but...the next day she was girl-bossing it up at the Emily Dickinson museum ffs. And getting her ass kissed by them and by her fans. She is making me feel gaslit. Is she a sad, stunted child with genuine mental health issues, or is she a wily hustler who can somehow convince brands and organizations---on both sides of the Atlantic!---that she's their dream marketing partner? What!?!

And what was even up with those Poe readings? She looked like she was holed up in some gloomy garret, and then she showed off her real accommodations, which were a gorgeous room in a lovely, historic property right in Back Bay. Where did she do those readings? Did she rent an abandoned house somewhere?

This girl is a black hole of weirdness and fakery that could only have been produced by modern social media.

Reactions: 16
I have just watched the end of her My Halloween in Massachusetts video and I just feel like something is bothering her as she is constantly looking away from the camera and looks really unsure and scared in her surroundings at the location that she filmed this segment from. It is definitely becoming clearer though that this trip has not gone the way that she had hoped for as she looks very unhappy and lonely without someone being with her and the fact that she has been quiet on social media throughout this trip tells me that she isn't happy on the trip because if she was she would constantly tell us about the things that she doing in Boston.

Reactions: 20
I hope this trip is a wake up call to Ruby to get some proper help, but I suspect she'll fly back to the bosom of her home and continue to write letters at her school desk.

Reactions: 12
Watching her Halloween stream definitely gave me the impression that 1, she is losing her mind, and that 2, she has absolutely no idea how to celebrate Halloween properly, so turned it into another one of her twisted aesthetics, failing miserably. Halloween and other celebrations of the dead, worldwide, are a time of trickery, mockery, masks, treats, offerings, and family. It is about the ancestors, their ghosts, their spirits being honoured and visited, remembered, loved. American Halloween is about costumes, parties and fun, festivities, be it with friends, neighbours or family, or all of the above. Someone her age would be snuggling up in comfy clothes, lighting a pumpkin scented candle, turning down the lights, chilling with friends and watching all the marathons of spooky movies on TV while devouring candy and popcorn. Not her. As usual, as anti-social as can be, huddled in her room, alone, dressed up with no where to go, play acting and reciting poetry for people she will never met, doesn't care about, and who don't really care about her. My Halloween was great and she played no part in it. She can keep on unravelling for all I care.

Reactions: 7
The tiktok she posted an hour ago .... :') that's it that's the tattle. Discuss.

Reactions: 1
The tiktok she posted an hour ago .... :') that's it that's the tattle. Discuss.
The one she posted of her outside the Emily Dickinson Museum she posted on her Instagram two days ago and how come in the TikTok when she is reading an Emily Dickinson poem and in the TikTok where she is replying back to the person who commented about the book she is wearing different clothes, this tells me that she filmed her reading of an Emily Dickinson poem at a different time. I have also noticed that she is filming at a different location is the background is completely different of that to the B&B that she was staying at in fact the background is the same as her last two Youtube videos as well, but this background doesn't match the B&B at all so where exactly was she filming these videos if it wasn't at the B&B something isn't adding up.

Last edited:
The one she posted of her outside the Emily Dickinson Museum she posted on her Instagram two days ago and how come in the TikTok when she is reading an Emily Dickinson poem and in the TikTok where she is replying back to the person who commented about the book she is wearing different clothes, this tells me that she filmed her reading of an Emily Dickinson poem at a different time. I have also noticed that she is filming at a different location is the background is completely different of that to the B&B that she was staying at in fact the background is the same as her last two Youtube videos as well, but this background doesn't match the B&B at all so where exactly was she filming these videos if it wasn't at the B&B something isn't adding up.
The B&B tour was from where she was staying in Boston, she's in Amherst now in a new B&B.

I'm guessing she filmed the weird TikTok meme poetry pantomime video a day or two ago and uploaded it today, then filmed the reply video today.

Reactions: 5
The B&B tour was from where she was staying in Boston, she's in Amherst now in a new B&B.

I'm guessing she filmed the weird TikTok meme poetry pantomime video a day or two ago and uploaded it today, then filmed the reply video today.
Yeah that makes sense her in her Youtube videos though it definitely shows the background of the Amherst B&B as it has that same brick wall feature in the background. Her videos never seem to be consistent though as they always seem to be released a few days after and never on the actual day themselves, apart from the Emily Dickinson Museum gig that she has got she doesn't seem to be doing anything else in Amherst as she hasn't uploaded anything about what she is doing etc. It definitely seems to be a bit of a boring holiday though as it feels like she isn't doing anything that is either interesting or exciting.

Last edited:
Someone her age would be snuggling up in comfy clothes, lighting a pumpkin scented candle, turning down the lights, chilling with friends and watching all the marathons of spooky movies on TV while devouring candy and popcorn.
I think someone her age celebrating Halloween in Boston would more likely be puking pumpkin spice margaritas all over the T.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm glad there were so many comments pointing out the obvious - that her enunciation is horrendous, her words flowed into each other and she was barely understandable in the reading. She was going for spooky but instead came off as incredibly sad/depressed. She needs to drop the stupid fake accent and just speak normally ffs!

Reactions: 13
I'm glad there were so many comments pointing out the obvious - that her enunciation is horrendous, her words flowed into each other and she was barely understandable in the reading. She was going for spooky but instead came off as incredibly sad/depressed. She needs to drop the stupid fake accent and just speak normally ffs!
That and she's physically incapable of not constantly shaking her head, furrowing her brow and/or lurching her eyebrows up and down with every sentence whenever she reads something aloud.

If she thinks it's whimsical, she'll do this while grinning like a moron. If she thinks it's sombre, she'll stare unblinkingly at the camera like she's going to cry and insert overlong dramatic pauses between every sentence. It's hilariously bad and beyond try-hard.

Reactions: 12
Very odd behaviour on her latest few videos. Not sure if she needs a trip to the doc or just a good reality check at this point 😭

Reactions: 17
Yeah that makes sense her in her Youtube videos though it definitely shows the background of the Amherst B&B as it has that same brick wall feature in the background. Her videos never seem to be consistent though as they always seem to be released a few days after and never on the actual day themselves, apart from the Emily Dickinson Museum gig that she has got she doesn't seem to be doing anything else in Amherst as she hasn't uploaded anything about what she is doing etc. It definitely seems to be a bit of a boring holiday though as it feels like she isn't doing anything that is either interesting or exciting.
Other than attending Amherst College as a student or visiting the Emily Dickinson Museum, there isn't much to do around there, which is why I am surprised she is hanging around the area for so long. I toured it when I was a young teenager and haven't bothered to go back since. Seen it once was more than enough. There really isn't anything outrageously impressive about it and its more remote location just keeps tourists at bay, especially this time of year. The foliage peeping season is well over and her gardens will be mainly dead flowers since we have already had a frost. Ruby's timing was really off. She should have toured Boston back in June when the weather was still nice and everything was out in full bloom, days were longer, more things to do. But no....she took the bizarre route, as always.

Reactions: 9
Other than attending Amherst College as a student or visiting the Emily Dickinson Museum, there isn't much to do around there, which is why I am surprised she is hanging around the area for so long. I toured it when I was a young teenager and haven't bothered to go back since. Seen it once was more than enough. There really isn't anything outrageously impressive about it and its more remote location just keeps tourists at bay, especially this time of year. The foliage peeping season is well over and her gardens will be mainly dead flowers since we have already had a frost. Ruby's timing was really off. She should have toured Boston back in June when the weather was still nice and everything was out in full bloom, days were longer, more things to do. But no....she took the bizarre route, as always.
To be fair Boston literally had the worst summer ever this year & most tourists come in the fall anyways.

Even though Ruby puts on this "student" persona when she's not, I feel like she could have gotten something out of UMass Amherst / Mount Holyoke, but she doesn't seem like the person to even be interested in anything remotely American unless it fits into her pre-determined mental moldy trunk of misery.

Reactions: 2
She should realise that if she didn’t appear on yt at the time she did she would have no career. Her content is atrocious. She’s lucked out just like other crappy youtubers like Jim Chapman, Niomi Smart or Gobs Lindley who are still riding on their undeserved popularity. Currently there are so many creators with amazing creative content, great editing skills and work ethic who don’t have nearly as much followers or opportunities as these idiots and it’s just sad. What is most annoying is that they think they deserve it when it couldn’t be further from truth. If Ruby was starting out on social media now she would be ripped to shreds lol.

Also she should definietely stop with the “acting” 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Can anyone summarize it or link it here?
Are we allowed to post links to TikTok?

Her two most recent videos:

Genuine question - why does Ruby's TikTok content make her look odder than her YouTube content? She comes across as ridiculously awkward and inept on TikTok. I know that's harsh but it's what I'm seeing. Watching her latest videos feels like coming around from anaesthetic and having no clue what's happening. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Are we allowed to post links to TikTok?

Her two most recent videos:

Genuine question - why does Ruby's TikTok content make her look odder than her YouTube content? She comes across as ridiculously awkward and inept on TikTok. I know that's harsh but it's what I'm seeing. Watching her latest videos feels like coming around from anaesthetic and having no clue what's happening. 😭
I think she thinks she’s being ”artistic” - if this is a new phase, I predict it’ll be hilarious and cringey and disturbing, and everything in between 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.