Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's not an i, but another letter. doesn't the Turkish language have that letter?
ahaha yes, its from Turkish. we have two letters looks very similar:
ı,I
i,İ
these two get mixed so easily. In school, we would always mix these two and get scolded by our English teachers...

Reactions: 2
”I’ve seen other places than just the Boston Public Gardens! I haven’t just been stuck in my room googling Robert Frost quotes!”

View attachment 1691121
The tenuous metaphors she always uses in her captions take me right back to English GCSEs, trying to get those creative writing marks

I know everyone predicted her Boston trip would be like this, but I still can’t help feeling disappointed that she’s wasted another opportunity. I keep thinking (hoping?!) she’ll change, but she’s only got worse in the last 6 months.
Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so bad about her trip? I've never been to the US and have no idea what things there are to see in Boston and what she actually wanted to see, but if she actually has gone alone (and that remains to be proven), then that in itself is a big opportunity for growth for her, even if she doesn't visit loads of places. I don't see why it's a wasted trip just because she hasn't visited X and Y tourist attraction- you can't do everything on one trip?

Reactions: 6
The tenuous metaphors she always uses in her captions take me right back to English GCSEs, trying to get those creative writing marks

Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so bad about her trip? I've never been to the US and have no idea what things there are to see in Boston and what she actually wanted to see, but if she actually has gone alone (and that remains to be proven), then that in itself is a big opportunity for growth for her, even if she doesn't visit loads of places. I don't see why it's a wasted trip just because she hasn't visited X and Y tourist attraction- you can't do everything on one trip?
First of all, she said this was going to be a literary tour. I am assuming she meant touring the homes of authors, which this area is so famous for. However, by the time she got there, several of the homes were already closed for the season, meaning they don't open up until next April/May. Her loss. Some of the best ones, which are still privately owned and have original items in them, are closed. In order to reach these places, you have to leave Boston. Concord is about 45 minutes out, Fruitlands a good hour, Emily Dickinson Home several hours west of Boston. So, since she originally had an idea, but not much of a plan, asking people what to see and where to go once she actually arrived, shows very poor planning on her part. She is raving about the foliage, but peak season is Columbus Day weekend. That passed several weeks ago. While there is some colour in Boston, the brightest is out west and north, and it is already past. All the trees in my town have already dropped their leaves. Another thing New England is extremely famous for is the fall foliage. She missed it. Maybe she is more fond of brown than bright orange, vibrant red, deep crimson and brilliant yellows. Growth is not about travelling to a destination and hiding in a block of buildings that makes you feel safe because you can quickly get back to your room. Sound familiar? That sums up her university experience, as well. Growth is challenging yourself and seeing things without working yourself up into some state of panic and needing your Mommy to write you positivity notes, sticking them all over your room. Growth is about going beyond yourself. I have yet to ever see her do this.

Reactions: 14
New Ad on Insta. Show us the beauty of Italy.
What did she do? Paint a picture in a book.

I can't do that anymore.

Reactions: 9
She's travelled halfway across the world and spent £4,000 to see a large park, one book shop and her hotel room.

Good for her if she's actually spent that time away from mummy and daddy, but she hopped a continent just to confine herself to a room and take occasional walks near trees spouting literary quotes from things she's never read for the camera, so nothing's really changed. She'll be just as miserable there as at home.

She could've just travelled an hour in any direction back home and seen all the same things or booked 3 weeks in a hotel anywhere in the UK and had the same experience for a fraction of the price. It's like going to Japan and never leaving the airport aside from brief daily trips to McDonalds.

There's no way she's wanted to travel to Boston for half her life, she clearly just came across on a VARRY AUTOMMINAL Pinterest board Boston or saw Massachusetts mentioned as a place with a lot of literary history somewhere and assimilated it into her fabricated personality. Now she's there, there's clearly nothing she wants to do and doesn't appear to have any idea why she went.

She was claiming when she first mentioned the trip that it was going to be a literary holiday to see all the landmarks of her favourite authors. Putting aside how fake her literary interests are, she isn't seeing any of the things she said she wanted to see, either due to her usual sloppy research into the logistics and complete lack of planning, or because she's too scared to leave a 3 block radius of her hotel. Now she's already posting excuses that she's seen everything she needs to, having seen nothing.

She'd have been better off taking a solo trip away from the camera, to somewhere she actually wanted to go. I have no idea what her actual interests are underneath her fake personality and performative affectations. But going on a holiday where there was a tonne of stuff she actually wanted to see, and that would actually fill her trip with variety and fun, might break her out of her cocoon and leave her eager to get out and do more stuff she actually enjoys by herself. Instead she'll likely go home early, miserable and will tick off 'travel solo' on her to-do list and never do it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
New Ad on Insta. Show us the beauty of Italy.
What did she do? Paint a picture in a book.

I can't do that anymore.
I am confused by that post. That poor copy of Little Women, hopefully it was damaged anyway and not a nice, readable old edition. I don't understand what the ad was about, nor what the relevance was with it and Little Women and watercolours but I don't care to click to find out.

Reactions: 10
why an ad for Italy when she is in Boston? I'm confused. Also, I can't access Instagram at the moment because the app wants my phone number now an I just see that as a sign to take a break from Instagram.

There are people in the world who can't travel and Ruby travels to another continent to ... do nothing? If I could travel now (I still don't want to because of covid) I would 1. travel to London and visit all the museums because I hadn't had the chance the last two times I was there. Then I would eat Afternoon Tea, I'd buy books, but also souvenirs and take lots of photos. Then I'd take a train to Scotland and visit Edinburgh, Glasgow and again, take lots of photos etc. That's what I want to do when I feel safe again to travel. I'd never just sit around in another country doing nothing. Maybe sitting around for a day, maybe in a café, planning the next destinations. But just wandering from hotel to a park and back sounds not like fun.

It's just so weird to me because Boston is so easy to get around using the metro and from where she is Downtown Crossing is not even far! Like the Cambridge area is so cute and right up her alley AND safe. Seems weird she wouldn't at least visit Harvard while in Boston given her prestigious universities and new Gilmore Girls obsession :')

I found this book in a shop in Stirling today , sadly didn't take any photos of myself reaching the top shelf of bookshelves as Ruby does, and it made me think of Ruby's dissertation, the dissertation that no one actually knows was about than Lewis Carroll's letters. Didn't buy as I didn't think that it would be too terribly interesting and I didn't want any thing that reminded me of Ruby in my home. I can't even look at leaves without thinking about her going about autumnal things and twirling in them at the moment - it's going to be a long season for me.
IMG20221031152837.jpg

Reactions: 5
So she has travelled all the way to the US, basically the home of halloween as we know it today, to spend the holiday alone in her hotel room dressed up like a child. The fake freckles have been taken to new heights. Her life has hit a new low.

Reactions: 20
I'm still wondering who she met up with in Boston. She seems to be staying at a hotel/B&B on her own (i.e. not in someone's house), but there was clearly another person taking the pics and Ruby talked about 'we'. This trip is so mysterious lol.

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20221101-003740_Chrome.jpg

"Fun"

Sure, Jan. That's definitely the face of someone having fun.

Edit: Oh, god, now she's having a mental breakdown GCSE drama-level overacting her way through a reading of The Raven while shut away in her hotel room.

Untit7864546678699085675789466yiuyiu6788780456756564598768675675665756756led.jpg

What a worthless holiday this has been for her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
wtf is she doing slamming her hand down while reading? Does she think that produces an effectual spooky, foreboding atmosphere? It felt more like she was Hitler having a mental breakdown. omg The freckles are too much. She dressed up, did her face as though she has smallpox, and then just huddled in her room. Did she think everyone would be running around the streets in Boston with costumes on and adults would be trick or treating? Girl....you are so clueless. What a waste of time. I feel like I am watching her unravel, yet again. Our English professors would freak out if they saw her "narrate" Poe like that. What a menace. I can't wait until she leaves our shores.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's travelled halfway across the world and spent £4,000 to see a large park, one book shop and her hotel room.

Good for her if she's actually spent that time away from mummy and daddy, but she hopped a continent just to confine herself to a room and take occasional walks near trees spouting literary quotes from things she's never read for the camera, so nothing's really changed. She'll be just as miserable there as at home.

She could've just travelled an hour in any direction back home and seen all the same things or booked 3 weeks in a hotel anywhere in the UK and had the same experience for a fraction of the price. It's like going to Japan and never leaving the airport aside from brief daily trips to McDonalds.

There's no way she's wanted to travel to Boston for half her life, she clearly just came across on a VARRY AUTOMMINAL Pinterest board Boston or saw Massachusetts mentioned as a place with a lot of literary history somewhere and assimilated it into her fabricated personality. Now she's there, there's clearly nothing she wants to do and doesn't appear to have any idea why she went.

She was claiming when she first mentioned the trip that it was going to be a literary holiday to see all the landmarks of her favourite authors. Putting aside how fake her literary interests are, she isn't seeing any of the things she said she wanted to see, either due to her usual sloppy research into the logistics and complete lack of planning, or because she's too scared to leave a 3 block radius of her hotel. Now she's already posting excuses that she's seen everything she needs to, having seen nothing.

She'd have been better off taking a solo trip away from the camera, to somewhere she actually wanted to go. I have no idea what her actual interests are underneath her fake personality and performative affectations. But going on a holiday where there was a tonne of stuff she actually wanted to see, and that would actually fill her trip with variety and fun, might break her out of her cocoon and leave her eager to get out and do more stuff she actually enjoys by herself. Instead she'll likely go home early, miserable and will tick off 'travel solo' on her to-do list and never do it again.
It feels like heresy to disagree with gossip guy on this thread, but I find that in a lot of your comments you present things as facts when we don't actually know for sure if they are 😅 first of all, I imagine she's probably going to make at least one vlog about this trip so she might have visited places that she hasn't shown on insta. Secondly, her trip isn't over yet- isn't she supposed to be there for 3 weeks? It would be exhausting to visit loads of places every day for 3 weeks, surely it's a good idea to explore your immediate surroundings a bit first, especially if you're travelling internationally by yourself for the first time?

Before people get angry, I'm pretty ambivalent about Ruby, I just share my honest opinions and sometimes they happen to be in defence of her 🤷

It feels like heresy to disagree with gossip guy on this thread, but I find that in a lot of your comments you present things as facts when we don't actually know for sure if they are 😅 first of all, I imagine she's probably going to make at least one vlog about this trip so she might have visited places that she hasn't shown on insta. Secondly, her trip isn't over yet- isn't she supposed to be there for 3 weeks? It would be exhausting to visit loads of places every day for 3 weeks, surely it's a good idea to explore your immediate surroundings a bit first, especially if you're travelling internationally by yourself for the first time?

Before people get angry, I'm pretty ambivalent about Ruby, I just share my honest opinions and sometimes they happen to be in defence of her 🤷
Very true, we don't know for sure what she's done, only what she's shown, so she might've done or plans to do other stuff as well. But I think if she'd actually done anything outside what she's shown, she'd have rushed to show photos the second people started questioning in her comments why she was spending her whole trip in the park.

Instead she posted a rambling post about how it was okay to see the same thing over and over and not see anything new. And she capped it off by saying there was lots in Boston she'd left unseen, very past tense, which sounds very much like she's done and won't be doing anything else. Maybe she’s got more lined up, but a week of nothing but seeing the park sounds like a huge waste, and I'd be shocked if she stayed the full three weeks.

Okay, as a native of the Boston area, I will graciously help Ruby out with things that you can still do in Boston. As stated, you have museums like the MFA (Green, E line - MFA stop), the Harvard Museum of Natural History and their various art/ethnic museums that you get in (Red Line, Harvard Stop), the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum (very walkable from MFA, but Green, E Line, Longwood Medical Area is technically the closest stop), if you like contemporary art, there is the ICA near South Station, Red Line, plus a whole host of small modern art pop ups across the metro Boston area. Further out, I really enjoyed the Peabody Essex museum (closest stop is Salem on the Commuter Rail Newburyport Line).

Like gothic architecture? Then hit up the Boston Public Library at Copley Square (Green Line, any line, Copley), and go through the main entrance and enjoy the dark academic vibes and massive murals made by John Singer Sargent who I'm sure Ruby totally knows about. ;) Then enjoy walking by (maybe into?) Trinity Church across the square and head up Newbury/Marlborough Street and enjoy the Back Bay architecture and all the cute little (expensive) stores. If you time it right, one of the churches might be offering a free, or very cheap concert, and those spaces are always beautiful. If you can extend this, you could walk into Beacon Hill and find all the hidden stores and parks there. I always find something new there. Then you can enter the Massachusetts State House (both old and new), it's great to explore there. And of course, Harvard. They have the cutest (pricey) damn dorm houses too when near the school. Looks like little cottages. If you go West of Harvard, you also get to enjoy those classic brick streets, and peep into some parks up there. Counter to what some posters said, it's actually pretty easy to get into Harvard buildings, and Ruby could likely easily enter some common spaces in Harvard/MIT/BC/NEU. Or you could just stand outside one and hope someone mistakes you for a student and lets you in, heh.

I will take this paragraph to plug in a few more local bookshops: the Commonwealth Bookshop right down the alley from State Street Station (Orange Line), the Brookline Booksmith, Harvard/MIT COOPs, Raven Used Book, Bryn Mawr Book Store, the Anarachist Bookstore (a bookstore run on anarachist principles), etc etc etc Boston have an AMAZING selection of small, independent bookstores.

If you like urban nature, I cannot stress enough to visit the Emerald Necklace parks made by famous landscape architect Fredrick Law Olmsted (the creator of Central Park in NYC). These follow the Muddy River and if you have the energy to walk 15 miles (I did do this once), almost all of them can be walked. If not, they are along the Green Line, primarily D and E, stops. And yes, the Green Line was named for the Emerald Necklace. This covers the Muddy River, Ward, Willow, and Leverett Ponds, and the huge Jamaica Pond. The last bits are the Arnold Arboretum (Orange Line, Forest Hills), and Franklin Park which you'd need to bus or take an uber to, but I highly recommend if not for the abandoned, early 20th century bear cages. Then you have Harvard Yahd, the Boston Boardwalks, the Boston Islands are really nice, but might be chilly at this time. Will shout out the popular George's Island for its Civil War fort (that was really more of a military prison) that you can explore.

Boston also have a rich history of the Black, Abolitionist movement, Japanese cultural exchange, among others, but Ruby probably doesn't care about that.

Honestly, it's really baffling that Ruby hasn't hit on anything else. Like at this point it's more a matter of looking at your environment than having to go anywhere. Like Ruby has to have her eyes down, on her phone, the entire time to miss all this especially since stuff like Back Bay and Beacon Hill are stone's throw from where she is staying.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Okay, as a native of the Boston area, I will graciously help Ruby out with things that you can still do in Boston. As stated, you have museums like the MFA (Green, E line - MFA stop), the Harvard Museum of Natural History and their various art/ethnic museums that you get in (Red Line, Harvard Stop), the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum (very walkable from MFA, but Green, E Line, Longwood Medical Area is technically the closest stop), if you like contemporary art, there is the ICA near South Station, Red Line, plus a whole host of small modern art pop ups across the metro Boston area. Further out, I really enjoyed the Peabody Essex museum (closest stop is Salem on the Commuter Rail Newburyport Line).

Like gothic architecture? Then hit up the Boston Public Library at Copley Square (Green Line, any line, Copley), and go through the main entrance and enjoy the dark academic vibes and massive murals made by John Singer Sargent who I'm sure Ruby totally knows about. ;) Then enjoy walking by (maybe into?) Trinity Church across the square and head up Newbury/Marlborough Street and enjoy the Back Bay architecture and all the cute little (expensive) stores. If you time it right, one of the churches might be offering a free, or very cheap concert, and those spaces are always beautiful. If you can extend this, you could walk into Beacon Hill and find all the hidden stores and parks there. I always find something new there. Then you can enter the Massachusetts State House (both old and new), it's great to explore there. And of course, Harvard. They have the cutest (pricey) damn dorm houses too when near the school. Looks like little cottages. If you go West of Harvard, you also get to enjoy those classic brick streets, and peep into some parks up there. Counter to what some posters said, it's actually pretty easy to get into Harvard buildings, and Ruby could likely easily enter some common spaces in Harvard/MIT/BC/NEU. Or you could just stand outside one and hope someone mistakes you for a student and lets you in, heh.

I will take this paragraph to plug in a few more local bookshops: the Commonwealth Bookshop right down the alley from State Street Station (Orange Line), the Brookline Booksmith, Harvard/MIT COOPs, Raven Used Book, Bryn Mawr Book Store, the Anarachist Bookstore (a bookstore run on anarachist principles), etc etc etc Boston have an AMAZING selection of small, independent bookstores.

If you like urban nature, I cannot stress enough to visit the Emerald Necklace parks made by famous landscape architect Fredrick Law Olmsted (the creator of Central Park in NYC). These follow the Muddy River and if you have the energy to walk 15 miles (I did do this once), almost all of them can be walked. If not, they are along the Green Line, primarily D and E, stops. And yes, the Green Line was named for the Emerald Necklace. This covers the Muddy River, Ward, Willow, and Leverett Ponds, and the huge Jamaica Pond. The last bits are the Arnold Arboretum (Orange Line, Forest Hills), and Franklin Park which you'd need to bus or take an uber to, but I highly recommend if not for the abandoned, early 20th century bear cages. Then you have Harvard Yahd, the Boston Boardwalks, the Boston Islands are really nice, but might be chilly at this time. Will shout out the popular George's Island for its Civil War fort (that was really more of a military prison) that you can explore.

Boston also have a rich history of the Black, Abolitionist movement, Japanese cultural exchange, among others, but Ruby probably doesn't care about that.

Honestly, it's really baffling that Ruby hasn't hit on anything else. Like at this point it's more a matter of looking at your environment than having to go anywhere. Like Ruby has to have her eyes down, on her phone, the entire time to miss all this especially since stuff like Back Bay and Beacon Hill are stone's throw from where she is staying.
Just nobody tell her about the New England Holocaust Memorial or the Boston Children's Museum...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omggg I just saw the TikTok with the Poe reading. :eek::oops: I'm feeling a terror of my own after watching that unhinged emoting.

Can't speak for everyone on the thread, but there's no way I'd get angry about your opinion. People are allowed to think different things.

I'm still not convinced that she's done anything meaningful or interesting on this trip. Ruby's social media presence is her full-time job (it's her main/only source of income). She gets brand partnerships on the basis of this. Her visit to Scotland was sponsored. The point I'm making is that she's not just a regular tourist going to these places, she's there partly on a 'work' trip. So it's reasonable to expect content that shows her travel experiences. If it turns out Ruby's been to lots of places in Boston then I take back what I've said, but so far it looks like the world's most boring holiday.

P.S. @Red Wings that post was so informative!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It feels like heresy to disagree with gossip guy on this thread, but I find that in a lot of your comments you present things as facts when we don't actually know for sure if they are 😅
I find it refreshing, we’re free to always assume the worst of Ruby if we like, and I’m often in the mood to do just that 😂

edit: I got through 4 seconds of The Raven before I cringed out, I already hate Poe so I’m not sure what I expected would happen 😫

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.