Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she also has lot of American fans she's afraid of running into?

I really hope she uploads vlogs even it's her usual shoddy poorly edited mess, I'm so curious to see her slightly out of her comfort zone if she has travelled there alone

Reactions: 5
”I’ve seen other places than just the Boston Public Gardens! I haven’t just been stuck in my room googling Robert Frost quotes!”

1E2F6B72-3A00-405C-B7EA-6B2402DA9D7F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I'm so confused that she is just staying stuck in a small area of Boston and not doing any actual touring while in such an historical city. Boston Gardens, every day, hints to me that she is staying very, very close to her hotel and afraid to explore beyond the boundaries close to grabbing her suitcase and flying back home quickly. Brattle Book Shop, an antique store. You can see this kind of stuff in the UK. Why not do the Freedom Trail, Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, and The New England Aquarium? Why not walk around North End? Visit the mafia on the docks? lol Seriously, though, calling Ipswich a quaint town just makes you want to slap some sense into her. You can find Gilmore Girl's towns everywhere in New England. They aren't tv show sets. They are our home towns. And why she is asking people what to do and where to go is beyond me. Tourists research all the information before they hit foreign shores and have an itinerary. Especially since Covid and most places requiring pre-registration. They don't want walk-ins asking for tickets. Instead she is just rambling around the same block for a week. She may be proud that she got there, but the actual trip seems to be a flop and boring as heck. Her sharing of her university experience was a complete disappointment, as she barely socialized and hid in her room most of the time. Her trips to foreign countries is equally disappointing. Apparently her idea of a vacation is find a park, sit, read, take pictures and gah gah over common things like trees. What a waste of time.

Reactions: 17
Would love to see ruby commute x2 a day in the cold, dark and rain and see how well she can romanticise that!

Reactions: 29
”I’ve seen other places than just the Boston Public Gardens! I haven’t just been stuck in my room googling Robert Frost quotes!”

View attachment 1691121
I don't know about anyone else but to me with the line there is lots I left unseen but I wouldn't have done it differently it sounds like she has already left Boston.

Reactions: 14
I've just had a thought. Maybe Rubes wants to get into Harvard. I just looked it up. Applications have to be submitted by Jan 1st. Oxford didn't want her so maybe she sees herself at Harvard? Another thought maybe her solo trip isn't solo but to go to Boston to join a group of other's on their own?

Reactions: 6

View attachment 1691121
lol October's echoes? . Actually, dear, October is still here. It doesn't echo until November and even then, prefers to be left behind, burnt, like autumn leaves in a bonfire, then scattered in the wind to the four corners of the earth, and forgotten. Yeah, anyone can use flowery language. It doesn't make you an author. It makes you sound like a freaking idiot. And be careful what spaces you drink. You don't know who was there drinking before you. Geez. What a flake she is!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It doesn't echo until November and even then, prefers to be left behind, burnt, like autumn leaves in a bonfire, then scattered in the wind to the four corners of the earth, and forgotten.
I like that! 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 3

View attachment 1691121
I worked through sites like scaled piano keys, I just haven't taken or posted any pictures of them and have only taken pictures in or around my hotel but you have to believe me! I was there with my boyfriend who goes to a different school!

• Haha
I worked through sites like scaled piano keys, I just haven't taken or posted any pictures of them and have only taken pictures in or around my hotel but you have to believe me! I was there with my boyfriend who goes to a different school!
Moiy camera died as syoon as oiy gyot tyoo all thyose other plyaces, boht I was JANUINELY thahhr!

Untit78645466786985675789466yiuyiu6788780987685665756756led.jpg

Also, who took this photo?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've just had a thought. Maybe Rubes wants to get into Harvard. I just looked it up. Applications have to be submitted by Jan 1st. Oxford didn't want her so maybe she sees herself at Harvard? Another thought maybe her solo trip isn't solo but to go to Boston to join a group of other's on their own?
Lol. Imagine if she is there to tour the campus? But I don't see how she would get into a Harvard graduate program without any published academic work or extracurriculars relating to her program of choice. Ivy Leagues want students who go above and beyond. I knew a few people in my undergrad who got into ivies who spent most of their undergrad doing an honors thesis in a research position and then getting their work published in academic journals. They also had internships and worked with their communities and formed professional connections. It's not just about your grades.
Does anyone know if any of Ruby's work was published?

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know if any of Ruby's work was published?
She claimed a few months back that she was getting something published in an "undergraduate journal", but nothing ever materialised and she never mentioned it again, so it was most likely bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Harvard is hard enough to get into for undergraduate. The fact that she didn't even attend an Ivy League college or have major involvement in extracurricular activities won't bode well for her to get into a post grad program in any Ivy League college, UK or US. Also, there are better schools for post grad work in English Lit, like BC (Boston College) or Yale, Brown, Stanford, though Oxford still has top ratings. Harvard is also a hard partying school. She would never fit in the US lifestyle. She can't even fit in her own country and if she is constantly going to use flowery language in everything she writes, focus on bullying and children's lit, and lay like a corpse in her rented backyard or twirl in fields, they won't be interested. They want people with original, challenging and fresh ideas, willing to do an immense amount of research. She blurted out that she didn't like university, so who knows if she will really go back for any degree since she is clueless as to what she really wants to do, or if she wants to write, how to do it properly. Anyone can self-publish now. Accepted authors are extremely talented and experienced. She's just a wannabe playing dress-up and nothing more.

Reactions: 12
I know everyone predicted her Boston trip would be like this, but I still can’t help feeling disappointed that she’s wasted another opportunity. I keep thinking (hoping?!) she’ll change, but she’s only got worse in the last 6 months.

Ruby: "By romanticizing my life, I mean appreciating everything that happens and trying to be very present and grateful everything because there's always something to be found. There's always something beautiful if you look for it. Being attentive to those things can help us just being happier, I think."
This is so sad. Overfocusing on the smallest things means you have nothing BIGGER going on in your life that gives your life any deeper meaning. I think once you start feeling more fulfilled, you actually don't care this much about like the falling leaves or the clouds anymore. It might still be beautiful and what not, but it's not all you can think of.
The irony is that Ruby doesn't even need to romanticize her life...it's already a fairy tale. Wealthy family, palatial home, beautiful countryside all around, lavish vacations, and no responsibilities at all. I feel this way about so many of these influencers -- they've all got plenty of good tit going on in their lives. It's losers like me who need to make a big deal out of a bleeping cup of tea or the color of the leaves to get through the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

View attachment 1691121
Oh man the thread titles just writes themselves don't they xD I mean - "Ruby Granger #34: Tried to drink these spaces" is already a perfect thread title even without adding anything to it. I bow before the genius of Ruby Granger, A Writer.

Also let me get this straight - she's been in Boston for multiple days (weeks?) and has visited all manner of different places and attractions, but the only pictures she shared were of that one park? Like, why?? So either she didn't film in any of the other locations she visited (which is super weird, because vlogging is literally her job and she did that on all her other vacations this year). Or she didn't actually visit them and is lying about it to her audience, in which case why lie about that?? So unnecessary.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.