Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

theMoth

Chatty Member
Or if you can't identify it by name (as in you don't know that it's called a sparrow) at least you aren't so bewildered by this common creature that you need to make a post about it lmao. Like I'm sure most of us have seen this kind of bird millions of times before and wouldn't think anything of it
and it's not like a sparrow looks very exotic or I don't know ... like a parakeet (and even parakeets are common now in different European cities)

Reactions: 4
£70????? Yet another reminder of how out of touch she is; for those who are struggling with CoL, this is completely unattainable. She. Does. My. Head. In. She could, you know, DONATE some of the hundreds of clothes she has been gifted and bought. She could donate the gifts she is gifted and still publicise the products. Ffs.
Exactly, you can get electric blankets for £18.99 in Home Bargains. £70 is so much money tbqh.

Reactions: 4

Alecia89

Maybe she is quiet because she has been reading here. Everyone said she would fail and said their expectations. So now she is keeping quiet and not telling anyone anything.

Reactions: 3

hart301

So I'm not sure if there are any differences between the US & UK with ad declarations for influencers but I have seen other YTers / their agencies from the US be like "thank you (insert place here) for giving me this, this is not an ad but they sent me this so i can review it honestly bla bla bla" (mostly I see this with beauty YTers though)

Maybe the museum is going by US ad policies rather than UK ones? I know the FTC says you only have to disclose who she is working for in this (which she is doing) if she is in the US.

Though I would assume Ruby would have to still consider this as an ad declaration if she is getting taxed / income is under the UK etc though.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
New thread:

cathyt22

Rather than romanticising your own life this looks more like those moments where you're in the depths of despair staring into the void and contemplating how everything is meaningless and the world is just a dark pit of ugliness and you have no future

View attachment 1688502
Someone else spotted Ruby in Boston it seems
that would make so much sense. brattle is right off the common, which she seems so impressed with? it's not even pretty right now? it's famous for skating in the winter and swan boats in the spring. this is the gross in-between season for Boston common.

also, if this video ever comes out, watch rubes have gone to all the great little independent bookstores downtown and filmed without stating the name of the business or location

theMoth

Chatty Member
5 holidays. Paris, Italy, Scotland, Greece, Murika. (I know they took a train to Scotland, but they sure made up for it by doing a lot of driving while there.)
I hope they also took the train to Paris and didn't flew ... went by plane ... I don't know.
My last holiday was in June 2019. :cry: A weekend at the Dutch coast with friends. 😆 But it was nice.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I'll give her one thing... I'm almost impressed she has at least been on trains and gone to NY rather than just stay in that initial B&B.

Whisper2Me

I suppose that's Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, where Louisa May Alcott is buried (also Thoreau, Emerson, and Hawthorne).

Really, even if you love American literature so much that this would be a genuine pilgrimage for you, it's kind of a lonely vacation to do on your own. I know Ruby's an "autumn enthusiast" but I think it would have been a nicer trip if she'd gone during the summer as part of a tour group. Or even if she'd brought her mother.

Edit: Why on earth does she think a random shot of potato chips on a shelf is interesting content? She's just so odd.
Except that is not Sleepy Hollow. That is Old Hill Burying Ground. She got the wrong cemetery! lmao So unless she looks at a map and finds her way to the right one and find Author's Ridge, she will never see Hawthorne's, Emerson's, Thoreau's or The Alcotts grave. Another fail for her. You cannot see the center of Concord from Author's Ridge. There is a bench right across from the Alcott family plot and I used to sit and read there often. She just can't get anything right, no matter what side of the pond she is on.

• Haha

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I've speculated that this work opportunity with the museum and/or other collaborations in the area was the main reason why she travelled to America. As in, she got the opportunity to work with the Emily Dickinson museum, but she had to physically travel there to do it, and she planned the holiday around that. A three week holiday in Boston on her own is too out of character for her to not be caused by an external factor like a work opportunity
This seems the most likely explanation for her trip, though she could have applied for volunteer roles in the UK. Unless it absolutely had to be Emily Dickinson for some reason.

Whisper2Me

Looks like her friend Bella is heading to Boston 👀
View attachment 1722382
Not overly surprised, since she seems to be the only person in the states that she knows. Today is Veteran's Day, so it is a holiday from school, which makes it a long weekend, thus allowing Bella to leave uni for a bit. Maybe this is why Ruby planned to stay for so long? Who knows. Will they tour Concord together, even though she already did most of what is still open, or is she already back in Boston and getting ready to fly home? Curious as to where they will actually meet and what they will do, if anything interesting.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
that's a word I would not associate with joy.

"This is partially and partially not a joke. I did indeed bring a teapot with me because I didn’t want to miss out on three weeks of loose leaf tea…" Don't they have loose tea in the USA? I've heard strange things about the USA, but I think even they have loose tea. USA is not on the moon or in another galaxy. But I've never been to the USA so I wouldn't know for sure.
I guess she thought it necessary to bring her own teapot from home to make it rather than rely on what the hotel might provide like a kettle and teabags etc.

Sarah33

Sorry if this has been posted but I found it interesting, I think it shows she doesn’t really know what’s happening, anyone could say “wow that’s awful what happened” it’s hardly offering a keen political insight

Are you from outside the UK? This sentiment she expresses is something that comes up in the UK a lot, the Tory party pushing to deport refugees and asylum seekers to Rawanda and we have a massive cost of living crisis where people are living in food poverty and can’t afford to heat their homes and have to choose between heating and eating. tory policy isn’t helping so she will be referring to that I think and she is right

Does anyone have a link to her good reads? Am always looking for new reads