Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

figgypud

Chatty Member
I don't know birds at all, but even I looked at that bird and thought "looks like it might be a sparrow". It's painful to see but I guess the more things she does like this, the more she'll (hopefully) grow out of her bewildered little bubble.

Reactions: 4

SugahSweet

I can't believe it. Ruby is so gracious to gift us money. Sadly I have no PayPal. But I could use this 100 bug. I have no warm coat for winter :)

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I still can't get over her giving Art of War one star, saying next to nothing about the book, and 195 of her mindless bots liking that.
I know 😭

I've been thinking about the interview again. It's even worse when you realise that Ruby had time to write/edit her book reviews before posting, but in the interview she'd have to reply on the spot.

I'm still not over the fact she got a first in English from a selective university.

She's sampled such exotic tastes as a kombucha that wasn't good and a carton of water!
Don't forget the tea she brought from home!

"The government is failing to recognize people as people and grant people basic human dignity", what is she talking about exactly? Is she referring to something specific going on in the UK atm, or is this as vague and generic and meaningless as it sounds to me?
I think she's vaguely referring to the migrant 'crisis' that's been in the headlines. A lot of attention is being paid to the Manston immigration centre which is meant to be a short-term facility for people whose claims are being processed. The capacity is something like 1,600, but it has become hugely overcrowded and people are being held in appalling conditions. Cruella Suella Braverman, the home secretary, was warned about this problem but chose to look the other way. The language used by media and politicians has frequently been incendiary and xenophobic, with talk of 'Albanian criminal gangs' taking over and that kind of thing. Last week, a man firebombed an immigration centre as a result of right-wing anti-immigrant ideology, so these words have consequences.

1668128430021.png

A link: https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/suella-b...-she-was-breaking-the-law-by-keeping-migrant/

hart301

It would be super hard for Ruby to do anything Salem related unless she booked 4 months in advance lol. I was just up there a few weeks ago and just the month of October/November is insane up there. I hope she does well there, but it’s kind of hit or miss; especially if she’s going to spend her days gawking at people in the public garden.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Pretty sure she said her house is grade listed so they’re not even allowed to put in central heating

Elekktra

I think it was high fantasy she said but she doesn't read anything with magic in it that isn't Harry Potter so who knows what she meant

Also I just remembered that Isabella Athena(?) is another studytuber that Ruby is friends with and is in the US but I'm not sure where she studies so it could be a trip to see her?
But there's nothing about harry potter that isn't fantasy. 😆

Anyway, i wonder why she went to Boston.
It doesn't seem like her style. She probably knows someone there indeed.

Juniper-S

Can someone tell me in which video she said she's struggling with her mental health? Please? 🙇
I saw your question in the previous thread and wanted to answer it, but Hannahebee did it perfectly :) You're right, she posts so much stuff and without any coherence that it's hard to follow.

That other person made it sound like she had committed suicide. 😧
If that's me, I wasn't writing about Ruby, but about Martha.
And she didn't committed suicide, she attempted it (it was more a call for help, in my opinion).

• Heart

Hannahebee

VIP Member
So she also got annoyed that the bookshop in Boston didn't sell classics.
Surely Ruby should know that not every bookshop that she goes too sell classics. It is like she expects to find classics in every bookshop that she goes to when bookshops will only sell the books that are in demand as any bookshop will be hesitant to stock a book unless it sells well, is already in the book charts, is regularly asked for by customers in the store or if the book or author is of local interest.

alligatorshades

hope this isn't too off topic, but the surname thing reminds me of smth that keeps nagging at me lol. is she really sticking with the Hermione Granger thing, what with all the bs coming out of JKR, and her being generally considered a bit of an arse. I just would have thought from someone allegedly 'not a tory' who has a fairly young audience, she'd try and distance herself from that? I feel like a while ago she mentioned JKR in a video and I'm just like... really?

In fairness, it's not a Ruby specific thing, a lot of creators still lean on the Potter thing for content, I just find it odd that someone who's all about positivity and being unproblematic would... not do it.
It is far more likely that she decided (or was advised) to just ignore the whole issue entirely. If she goes one way or the other she could split her audience.

hart301

If Ruby doesn't know what a sparrow is, it sounds likely that she actually didn't know what brine was during her Oxford interview. The word 'brine' came up in a poem she had to analyse in her interview, and she asked the interviewers what it meant. Post-interview, in her vlogs, she claimed that of course she knew what brine was, but just blanked during the interview.
I bet she’s not going to buy a jar of pickles anytime soon either

• Haha

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Literally? 100% it was her management who told her to delete that. Nothing to do with making people feel ‘invalidated’
She hasn't actually deleted the original post despite saying that she would as it is still on her Instagram stories, however, she has deleted the story that Griftwood posted on the previous page.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Elekktra

I'm reading the comments on her latest video because they are better than her videos and more entertaining. I found this comment and the replies to it. The part I underlined is what makes me angry. "It's always been this way." Meaning that there are always people who are poor, who cannot afford essential things like food, heating and a beautiful home. So this person is basically saying that it's okay, that we cannot change it, that there is no need to address it. But even with Ruby's disclaimer (which I skipped like .. the rest of the video). you can't just discard that topic. People should talk about the gap between poor and rich. It's not something we should just shrug of like this person with my red underlining is doing.
If it's always been that way that there are poor people and rich people – maybe people who say things like this should think why that is and not just leave comments like this.

View attachment 1690145
Don't take offense Mooooth.❤
Just ignore the crap of selfish people.
You know it's bullshit.

Listen I would never gatekeep but I don't want her making any content about lord of the rings and ruining it 🤣 but she mentioned in a Waterstones vlog before that she is not a fan of fantasy so we are safe for now 🤣
isn't harry potter fantasy?...