Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DanBanks

I do wonder if she's been keeping up with the new things that have been put out in the Harry Potter franchise since the last movie, like the Cursed Child and the Fantastic Beasts movies.
I very much doubt it. I'm sure she's the sort of fan who's only interested in the seven core novels* and not in the Wizarding World as a whole universe. There's no Hermione in these franchise spinoffs, and some of them don't even take place at school, so I imagine there's little to hold her interest.

*Question: Do we know whether Ruby ever actually read the Harry Potter books? Judging from her infatuation with Emma Watson's specific portrayal of Hermione, I almost get the feeling that her whole knowledge of HP comes from the movies.

Reactions: 5

bookworm39

The pose and outfit make me think of Angela Merkel for some reason lmao
The only difference being that Angela Merkel dresses for her age and doesn't look like her own granny! :ROFLMAO:

Also, where does it say that all librarians have to look frumpy? Ruby's still going for every librarian-cliché there is.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Are we allowed to post links to TikTok?

Her two most recent videos:

Genuine question - why does Ruby's TikTok content make her look odder than her YouTube content? She comes across as ridiculously awkward and inept on TikTok. I know that's harsh but it's what I'm seeing. Watching her latest videos feels like coming around from anaesthetic and having no clue what's happening. 😭
I think she thinks she’s being ”artistic” - if this is a new phase, I predict it’ll be hilarious and cringey and disturbing, and everything in between 😂

• Haha

DanBanks

I think that as long as she wasn't paid in cash, and the total estimated cash value of the freebies was below a certain amount, she'd be fine doing this "work" on a tourist visa. As for ad declarations, etc. I suspect the UK and Europe have much tighter regulations on influencers than the US does. I know even traditional media over here can play fast and loose with some of that stuff, so I'm sure it's the Wild West when it comes to influencer media. When I worked in magazine publishing, our advertisers expected editorial integrations that were not marked as advertisements. The editors had a right to refuse these requests if the advertiser's product or service was way off-brand or couldn't be worked into editorial content relatively seamlessly, but that didn't happen very often.

Of course, Ruby's business is based in the UK, so she's supposed to play by those rules. But at what point can an influencer just claim something is "editorial" content that she is creating because she believes it to be of interest to her audience, and not an advertisement for which she was compensated in some way? Again going back to the magazine comparison, editors have always been showered with free stuff, free meals, free trips. An editor for something like Conde Nast Traveler will almost certainly receive free accommodations wherever she stays, unless she's deliberately traveling incognito. If she stays for free at a resort and then writes an article about it, she doesn't have to disclose that her trip was free, and the article is not considered advertising.

It would be no different if an editor reaches out to a property first to explain why she wants to visit. In August, the New York Times ran an article on the re-opening of the Emily Dickinson Museum. I'm sure the editor (or freelance writer) of that piece received a free tour and VIP treatment, and probably also free accommodations at a local property. The NYT most likely also leveraged the article to try and sell ads. All the same, the article itself is not considered advertising. So in a sense, all influencers can call themselves "editors" whenever they like, and I think that may be how a lot of them get around having to declare when they receive things for free. What complicates Ruby's situation here is her claim that she was "working" with the museum on a social media campaign, but I suspect that's a lot of puffery on Ruby's part.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
God, this video keeps getting worse and worse.

Apparently JOAN March spent her days doing all the performative shit Ruby usually does, like pretending to read, pretending to use her suspiciously pristine and empty PONKIN PODDITIFTI PLANNAH, setting up her camera to film herself walking back and forth for the camera, and claiming to be VARRY PRODOCKTIVE with LYOTS OF WROYTING AND ADDITTING despite doing fuck all.

View attachment 1745679

As predicted, she took her shitty vanity tea overseas with her just to be able to keep cramming in undeclared BARD 'N' BLAND ads into her America videos. JOAN MARCH would DAFFINATELY have bought BARD 'N' BLAND CANDOLLIT LOIBARRY TEEE!

The hard edit at 09:31-09:32 might be the most sloppy, jarring and abrasive audio cut she's ever put in a video.

View attachment 1745617

She starts rambling in sped-up footage about associating clothes with productivity or some such nonsense while waving her matador-pirate-magician jacket around.

"Obviousleee it dossn't have motch of an AFFACKT at the myoment...becozz oiy've NAVVER...worn it bafwore," she says, after having literally just shown herself wearing it...

View attachment 1745643

And then she cuts to a photo of her wearing it years ago...

View attachment 1745645

But she's NAVVER worn it. AVVER. JANUINELY. What was left of her sludge brains must've leaked out on the flight to Boston.
WTF is this? Is she auditioning for a JANUINE low budget remake of the Greatest Showman?

gossip_guy

VIP Member
The one she posted of her outside the Emily Dickinson Museum she posted on her Instagram two days ago and how come in the TikTok when she is reading an Emily Dickinson poem and in the TikTok where she is replying back to the person who commented about the book she is wearing different clothes, this tells me that she filmed her reading of an Emily Dickinson poem at a different time. I have also noticed that she is filming at a different location is the background is completely different of that to the B&B that she was staying at in fact the background is the same as her last two Youtube videos as well, but this background doesn't match the B&B at all so where exactly was she filming these videos if it wasn't at the B&B something isn't adding up.
The B&B tour was from where she was staying in Boston, she's in Amherst now in a new B&B.

I'm guessing she filmed the weird TikTok meme poetry pantomime video a day or two ago and uploaded it today, then filmed the reply video today.

irunforfun

VIP Member
I guess with JKR, it depends on how much Roobee still identifies with Hermione or Emma Watson (especially now she’s into a quite unusual cosplay). Emma has been very critical of JKR comments. But I doubt Roobee has much (any) knowledge of the world outside her ever decreasing bubble. I still think the main problem is that she has lost her school day identity of being “gifted” (I still struggle to comprehend this), and pretended to be so many different things that she now has absolutely no idea who she is, what she believes in or how to “do” life.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
of course she only reads the book where the girls are children/teenagers and not the edition with the story where they are grown up.
(I have a hardback edition from Puffin in Bloom. A really beautiful book cover, but also not very comfortable when you read in bed)
The thing is she has this copy of Little Women but I bet you she hardly reads this version as she prefers to read the Wordsworth Classic edition as it is a lot shorter.
1667937567137.png

Reactions: 4

gossip_guy

VIP Member
i swear she’s already done a national theatre at home ad - during lockdown. if it wasn’t them specifically it was something really similar
She did an ad for a Dickens Museum's online theatre series last year which was very similar.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
If I were in Boston during Halloween, I'd try to make the most out of the touristy stuff in Salem 😂
Haha, when my grandparents visited my cousin in Boston this is exactly what they did. They loved it.

Yeah, she seems to be staying somewhere on her own. About the pics, I'm kinda convinced that one photo was possibly taken by another person (who might be just a passerby that happened to know her) as she strolled around the city, given that she was literally met by someone as I read the commentary on that post; or maybe she just left her camera rested on something nearby while taking that shot (or maybe she brought a tripod with her, a light one ideal for a trip). Well, these are all just pure speculations we have here. 😅 I'm assuming we're reading the same page, though might be ambiguous but I think the line that includes 'we' is just a general statement about music switched right after.
Yeah that's all possible. Though I'm sure she mentioned going to meet with a friend - this was in one of her vlogs before the trip iirc.

Her entire holiday has been profoundly dull so far, so I've taken the liberty of making the whole disastrous affair a dash more exciting for her and commemorating the trip so far in movie form:

I can't even choose a favourite. How do you make these? 😂 😂 I love that 'The Raven' is sponsored by Bird & Blend.

*who's

Yeah...this isn't getting any better...
First in English lit degree...🤨

abcbabe

That's very odd. If it's a touristic trip for 3~ weeks, as a UK citizen she doesn't need visa. If this was a working trip (which apparently was) and she got a business visit visa, then she's lying again saying this was a solo holiday (which apparently was not).

Can't keep up with her nonsense anymore, I doubt a single true, real and honest thing comes out of her mouth. Must be exhausting being chased by stories of your own fabrication and constantly being called out on it because you can't keep track of what bullshit you spewed out the last time.
She probabaly meant she just applied for ESTA. it's not a visa per se but stilll requires an application online ... are we surprised that Ruby doesn't know the difference between ESTA and a real visa? :')

klokloklo

Guys, idk if any of you have seen that Netlix show The Watcher but the lady with braids Pearl Winslow is exactly how i imagine Ruby 40 years from now, like talking about history and trees and all, sorry for being kinda offtopic

• Haha

ammie

Don't take offense Mooooth.❤
Just ignore the crap of selfish people.
You know it's bullshit.

isn't harry potter fantasy?...
I think it was high fantasy she said but she doesn't read anything with magic in it that isn't Harry Potter so who knows what she meant

Also I just remembered that Isabella Athena(?) is another studytuber that Ruby is friends with and is in the US but I'm not sure where she studies so it could be a trip to see her?

• Heart

Hannahebee

VIP Member
View attachment 1690474

Yet another video from Boston Public Garden, where she'll apparently spend her entire holiday.

This time she rambles about facts she learned on statues. Didjoo kyow that "eetha is an Anne Assthattic"?

Ruby is surprised that she "didn't kyow that eetha was used for the farrst toime heyahh". Spoilers: It wasn't. The statue doesn't even claim that either, just that ether was first publicly demonstrated as having anaesthetic uses in Boston (also disproven - it found to have been publicly used much earlier elsewhere).

But Ruby LOVES reading and lahhrning and reesarrching.
I think this video was taken yesterday but was posted today as I have noticed that she is wearing the exact same clothes and necklace.

• Heart

VallegGirl

Seriously how many times does Ruby read Little Women because in her Youtube video that she posted on Friday she was reading it and today she has started to re read it again.
View attachment 1714482
What next The famous five? Molly Molly Mandy? The Hungry Caterpillar? Mr. Men? The Tiger who came to tea? Meg & Mog? The Jolly Postman? Rubes if you're reading this go out and find yourself a new to you author from classic or modern American literature. Time to put down Little Women.