Ruby Granger #26 Ruby Granger is a bad writer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sorry for misgendering you, Dog Granger!!

I'm guessing you mean a female dog and not, you know, a witch. What's Dog Granger every done to you? 😅
Sorry, I just couldn’t resist phrasing it that way 😁 She’s by far the least offensive family member, and she’s clearly much loved and well taken care of, so I don’t really even feel sorry for her. (This is assuming she’s not subjected to Rootabaga’s content.)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry, I just couldn’t resist phrasing it that way 😁 She’s by far the least offensive family member, and she’s clearly much loved and well taken care of, so I don’t really even feel sorry for her. (This is assuming she’s not subjected to Rootabaga’s content.)
I agree that she seems to have a good life, assuming Ruby doesn't cook meals for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry for the question out of the blue but why is her dad being called "daddy bones" ? I'd love to know the reference/reason - it's really funny 😂

Reactions: 7
Sorry for the question out of the blue but why is her dad being called "daddy bones" ? I'd love to know the reference/reason - it's really funny 😂
Believe it or not, Bones is Ruby's real surname! 'Mother Granger' is named because that's the name she uses on Instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Believe it or not, Bones is Ruby's real surname! 'Mother Granger' is named because that's the name she uses on Instagram.
And the daddy bit … let’s just say that people got a bit thirsty at the height of lockdown. It was not our proudest moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
There is a story with Ruby drinking/chewing more gifted tea and I've had a realisation about her 'chewing.' In wine tasting when they try a wine they 'chew' it and swirl it around the mouth to get more flavour supposedly, I don't know if she is trying to do that when she drinks or it is a weird Ruby-ism.
Ruby's clearly found a method that no wine taster has ever stumbled upon, though: Push all liquid to the front of your mouth and chew it - do not let any of it touch the rest of your tongue. This method of activating her keenly-attuned tea enthusiast senses led her to deduce that BARD 'n' BLAND's blueberry and peach tea tastes like blueberry and smells like peach. It's also "PARPLE".

Untitle789789d.jpg

Ruby loves another gifted product. Shocker!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Seriously, why are there frozen peas (basicaly inedible) on top of cereal and blueberries and peanut butter?! In what world of cuisine does that work? Frozen peas! For breakfast?!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
And the daddy bit … let’s just say that people got a bit thirsty at the height of lockdown. It was not our proudest moment.
Perhaps one of the most shocking moments in the whole time I've been on the group. It wasn't the best moment, I thankfully never succumbed to appeal of Daddy Bones as other than being a bit gay, the fact that he is realted to ruby is enough to put me off. I do wonder what he's like, he's a bit of a man of mystery and how does he fit within the Granger family?

Admittedly I find the whole family just interesting. I'd like to be a fly on the wall and see how ruby is doing with her dissertation as the last video looked like she was floundering a bit with it. Still don't know what it's about, wonder if she'll ever explain it. It doesn't feel like it has an argument other than Lewis Caroll wrote letters and gift giving.

Reactions: 15
Talking of dissertations, this screenshot from @gossip_guy's post clarifies nothing.

It was COMMON for his gifts to function outside of the dialogue of 'ordinary letters'.

I haven't a clue what this means. Maybe I'm being dense, but how did his letters transcend 'ordinary' letter writing and why are his letters still being referred to as 'gifts' rather than, idk, correspondence? I think it's a massive mistake to shoehorn Lewis Carroll's letters (literary subject) into theories of gift-giving (anthropological subject).

In other words, the essay itself still depends on letters being dialogical for the most part.

The point is that Lewis Carroll's letters were mostly 'in dialogue' with others rather than being a private journal? Sooo, his letters were letters and not diaries (because they are diaries)?

But the 'three kinds of letters which are different from dialogical letters' apparently fit into the definition of non-ordinary letters. And then the notes go on to say that Carroll's letters were mostly dialogical. But the first point says that it was common for them to function outside the dialogue of 'ordinary letters'. Which one is it? And why does it matter?

Expectation that people will reply but this doesn't always happen in practise.

Well, duh. Why is this a dissertation?

I don't mean this to come across as anti-intellectual, and don't want to undermine anyone's area/s of research, but this just sounds like pointless waffling jargon to me. 🤷‍♀️ Feeling like a #thicko right now.

1651015927098.png

Reactions: 19
Talking of dissertations, this screenshot from @gossip_guy's post clarifies nothing.

It was COMMON for his gifts to function outside of the dialogue of 'ordinary letters'.

I haven't a clue what this means. Maybe I'm being dense, but how did his letters transcend 'ordinary' letter writing and why are his letters still being referred to as 'gifts' rather than, idk, correspondence? I think it's a massive mistake to shoehorn Lewis Carroll's letters (literary subject) into theories of gift-giving (anthropological subject).

In other words, the essay itself still depends on letters being dialogical for the most part.

The point is that Lewis Carroll's letters were mostly 'in dialogue' with others rather than being a private journal? Sooo, his letters were letters and not diaries (because they are diaries)?

But the 'three kinds of letters which are different from dialogical letters' apparently fit into the definition of non-ordinary letters. And then the notes go on to say that Carroll's letters were mostly dialogical. But the first point says that it was common for them to function outside the dialogue of 'ordinary letters'. Which one is it? And why does it matter?

Expectation that people will reply but this doesn't always happen in practise.

Well, duh. Why is this a dissertation?

I don't mean this to come across as anti-intellectual, and don't want to undermine anyone's area/s of research, but this just sounds like pointless waffling jargon to me. 🤷‍♀️ Feeling like a #thicko right now.

View attachment 1224480
to me it just looks like she's rewriting whatever the previous researcher said

Reactions: 19
Oh btw she’s definitely not reading The Brothers Karamazov (don’t you know that’s written by a foreigner?!), she’s reading this book: https://www.panmacmillan.com/authors/marlene-wagmangeller/once-again-to-zelda/9780330536899

It’s a book about interesting literary dedications. I believe it’s one of the many tangents she’s tied into her thesis. (Of course it doesn’t look like she gets anywhere past the first page or so, so it’s probably all for show as usual. She’ll have cribbed the content from somewhere, with someone else’s critical insights.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Oh btw she’s definitely not reading The Brothers Karamazov (don’t you know that’s written by a foreigner?!), she’s reading this book: https://www.panmacmillan.com/authors/marlene-wagmangeller/once-again-to-zelda/9780330536899

It’s a book about interesting literary dedications. I believe it’s one of the many tangents she’s tied into her thesis. (Of course it doesn’t look like she gets anywhere past the first page or so, so it’s probably all for show as usual. She’ll have cribbed the content from somewhere, with someone else’s critical insights.)
Interesting, the book on literary dedications gets slammed on Goodreads for citing Wikipedia in every paragraph: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22208451-once-again-to-zelda A great work to cite in your dissertation, then.

review.png

This reviewer might as well be talking about Ruby's essays...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.