Ruby Granger #26 Ruby Granger is a bad writer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a story with Ruby drinking/chewing more gifted tea and I've had a realisation about her 'chewing.' In wine tasting when they try a wine they 'chew' it and swirl it around the mouth to get more flavour supposedly, I don't know if she is trying to do that when she drinks or it is a weird Ruby-ism.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
He is a weird little doodle, I like him.
Aw look, he's your profile pic. I don't like how he's watching me. πŸ˜…

Ruby confused her "Writing for Children" module with the "Writing to Traumatise Children" module, judging by the nightmare illustrations she shows.
Lol

Also love how in the book review she said 'this is more of a Commonplace Book'. I thought she was saying the book was nothing special, but Googled and found that a commonplace book is an actual thing. Well, I've learned something today.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Aw look, he's your profile pic. I don't like how he's watching me. πŸ˜…

Lol

Also love how in the book review she said 'this is more of a Commonplace Book'. I thought she was saying the book was nothing special, but Googled and found that a commonplace book is an actual thing. Well, I've learned something today.
He is watching us all :oops:

Before you get wild notions that Ruberoy has been learning new words in a grown-up book, commonplace books feature heavily in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Before you get wild notions that Ruberoy has been learning new words in a grown-up book, commonplace books feature heavily in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.
Ah, I should've known it would come from somewhere like that! Haha.

Reactions: 3
why does it lowkey look like John Lennon
Imagine there's no ageing
It's easy if you try
No need to be grown up,
Tea and roleplay all the time.

Imagine all the peee-puuuu-uuu-uuuhl
Giving me their cash,
You-ooo-oooo

You may saa-aaa-aaay I'm a liar
But I'm the most speshul ever one.
I hope somedaaa-aaay you will join me.
And the wooo-ooo-oorld will have peas with milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Finally got around to watching the new video. Thoughts:

Ruby starts her day off with some creepy af smiling.

1650987074733.png

Ruby sticks her head out of the window and does some more fake smiling. This time the smiling is sly, as though she's thinking 'they will never know where the bodies are buried. They will never look in the mouldy trunk.'

1650987463767.png

Next Ruby does some of the loudest hair brushing I've ever heard. It sounds like a metal shovel being scraped across a brick wall. I wish she'd get a nice haircut - it would be easier to maintain and look healthier.

1650987635112.png

Unfortunately, the current look is more Cousin It from the Addams Family.

1650987716147.png

Ruby brushes her teeth while reading again. I can't be bothered to screenshot it because we've seen this part of her morning routine about 500 times by now.

Ruby makes a breakfast that looks edible. Then she adds frozen peas.

1650988049998.png

Narration starts suddenly at this moment, so a warning to viewers to hold onto their peas lest they end up scattered across the floor.

1650988320354.png

This annoyed me. I've mentioned in a previous thread how much I loved The Brothers Karamazov. I want to gatekeep it from Ruby. It may be a classic, but there's not the remotest chance that Ruby will be interested in this novel - not even the theology. She's already flicking through it in a bored sort of way before moving on without comment.

Fortunately, the best part of the video comes next because we get to see Dog Granger, our favourite Granger. Dog Granger chases after a frisbee and (unlike Ruby) gets a nice haircut. What a productive day he's having.

1650988738734.png

There's also a rabbit. πŸ₯°

1650988894710.png

Sadly, this happy interlude can't last forever, and Ruby is back in the kitchen making AHHHfternoon tea with Burn & Bend 'hot cross bun' tea. Poor Mother Granger: Ruby gets her to drink the tea and guess the flavour. Is this culinary roulette part of her everyday life? Let's hope not.

1650989286491.png

I learned that Rube's Netflix time limit is set to zero minutes, which essentially means that she's banned Netflix. Ruby claims this is to discourse her from using it. Dis-scourge? Let's assume she means discourage.

''In the evenings before bed I'm not super productive'', says Ruby. You're not meant to be, you giant waffle. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

And on that note, I can't be bothered with this video so am setting my time limit to 'IT'S TOO LATE, STATUSWOE, YOU'VE ALREADY WASTED A PORTION OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS.'

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Finally got around to watching the new video. Thoughts:

Ruby starts her day off with some creepy af smiling.

View attachment 1223221

Ruby sticks her head out of the window and does some more fake smiling. This time the smiling is sly, as though she's thinking 'they will never know where the bodies are buried. They will never look in the mouldy trunk.'

View attachment 1223244

Next Ruby does some of the loudest hair brushing I've ever heard. It sounds like a metal shovel being scraped across a brick wall. I wish she'd get a nice haircut - it would be easier to maintain and look healthier.

View attachment 1223251

Unfortunately, the current look is more Cousin It from the Addams Family.

View attachment 1223255

Ruby brushes her teeth while reading again. I can't be bothered to screenshot it because we've seen this part of her morning routine about 500 times by now.

Ruby makes a breakfast that looks edible. Then she adds frozen peas.

View attachment 1223267

Narration starts suddenly at this moment, so a warning to viewers to hold onto their peas lest they end up scattered across the floor.

View attachment 1223273

This annoyed me. I've mentioned in a previous thread how much I loved The Brothers Karamazov. I want to gatekeep it from Ruby. It may be a classic, but there's not the remotest chance that Ruby will be interested in this novel - not even the theology. She's already flicking through it in a bored sort of way before moving on without comment.

Fortunately, the best part of the video comes next because we get to see Dog Granger, our favourite Granger. Dog Granger chases after a frisbee and (unlike Ruby) gets a nice haircut. What a productive day he's having.

View attachment 1223292

There's also a rabbit. πŸ₯°

View attachment 1223299

Sadly, this happy interlude can't last forever, and Ruby is back in the kitchen making AHHHfternoon tea with Burn & Bend 'hot cross bun' tea. Poor Mother Granger: Ruby gets her to drink the tea and guess the flavour. Is this culinary roulette part of her everyday life? Let's hope not.

View attachment 1223315

I learned that Rube's Netflix time limit is set to zero minutes, which essentially means that she's banned Netflix. Ruby claims this is to discourse her from using it. Dis-scourge? Let's assume she means discourage.

''In the evenings before bed I'm not super productive'', says Ruby. You're not meant to be, you giant waffle. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

And on that note, I can't be bothered with this video so am setting my time limit to 'IT'S TOO LATE, STATUSWOE, YOU'VE ALREADY WASTED A PORTION OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS.'
Keep Totoro out of this plz 😫 He's cute, Ruby isn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has the malnutrition fried her writing skills? I'd hate to know how many words she misused and how many sentences she mangled in her dissertation. She's an English student ffs
1650992425121.png
My brain literally struggled to read this. It's not even random typos you can overlook, it's full of spelling AND basic grammar mistakes to the point of lunacy. English is literally her first language. She STUDIES English literature at a university level. Her whole identity is "being good at English." This is just embarrassing.

Reactions: 21
He is watching us all :oops:

Ironically the series she was hating on on Goodreads a few weeks back!

Reactions: 3
I'm still confused about just what her dissertation is about because I've heard her mention letters, gift giving and kindness and apart from letters I'm struggling to see how she's linking it to literature it seems more like a very niche history of The Victorians
I also find it impossible to believe that she hasn’t at least made reference to/ acknowledged the controversies surrounding his relationship with young girls πŸ₯Ί while it is very much speculation, rather than proven fact, many prominent biographies of Carroll discuss it and that’s the point of any academic criticism - acknowledging multiple viewpoints!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.