Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t Ruby recently read Evanna Lynch’s autobiography? I wonder if she got the idea from that given Evanna and JK Rowling were pen-friends before she got the part. The fact that Ruby is blindly copying the idea without thinking about how she comes across is worrying.

Also, Evanna was really unwell with an ED at the time - if Ruby is imagining herself as some sort of authority figure giving advice to a sick child she is blindingly arrogant and has zero self awareness given how unwell she is herself. She could do a lot of harm here.

Reactions: 17
I am seriously getting the urge to go onto her comment section and give a PSA to all her 12 year old fans, warning them against filling out shady forms with their personal information in the hopes of finding an influencer penpal.
What Ruby is doing with that form is absolutely inappropriate. True, she may not have bad intentions, just like creepy old guys hanging around playgrounds and schools might not have bad intentions, but it's still overstepping the boundaries. Youtube is bad enough for parasocial relationships without any help from Ruby Granger.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
In response to username21, i went to a uni VERY similar to Exeter, e.g russell group and did a humanities degree, and they don't have exams till around May-June. Also she mentioned around November was 'deadline season', its not. She would have had one summative assignment per module, just like she will have towards the middle-end of this term.

Also is there any sign that she is back at uni yet?

Reactions: 8
Scrolling the the comments of Robot's latest video, someone asked how she chose the follower to send a gift to:View attachment 979119

Here is the Google form :
View attachment 979120
View attachment 979121
View attachment 979125View attachment 979126View attachment 979127
I've been out of here for a while, the situation is really messy here covid wise, but wow this looks shady. It just makes me think of back in like, idk, 2012-13 ? I used to love Smosh, and the videos where they would open letters from fans (they would do one every week) were my favourites. Lots of youtubers did that back then ! Maybe they still do, I don't really watch Youtube anymore. But even big celebrities take time to answer fan mail. I can remember at least two wholesome stories about Taylor Swift, Harry Style or Robin Williams corresponding with fans just from the top of my head. And these guys have millions of followers.
Shadiness besides, the fact that you need to buy something from her crappy website (even if it's just to "acces adresses !") to maybe get the chance to get a letter from Ruby Granger...
I know small Youtubers (mainly asmr ones) with little to no income from Youtube who still take the time to read ALL the comments, even if there's like, hundreds or thousands of them. Ruby, why don't you just answer fan mail idk.

Reactions: 6
Unis do tend to have some form of assessment during January, whether exams or essay deadlines. For example I'd usually have one essay due around November and then one due January for modules in the first semester, and then one due at Easter and an exam in May/June for modules in the second semester. I'm not sure how it works at Exeter but that's how it went for me and friends who went to other unis. If that is how it's going for Ruby currently, then I doubt she'll be back in Exeter until the end of the month when classes start up again.

Reactions: 9
I’d be more than willing to write to the relevant body about what she does but I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to know quite what to say. What I do know is that it is both truly disturbing that she is asking for details from children, and then using her company to access their personal details, and also that she seemingly has no concept of how unusual it is to want to write to anonymous children - how would she use her big long words and why is she wanting any information at all since it’s all about Ruby?! Even her outfit (well, one of the many she wore in whatever day it was) looked like she was trying to emulate a school uniform. It’s so messed up and if she weren’t female, it would appear really creepy (which makes me wonder to myself why I don’t see it as creepy for a woman). Tldr I just despair!

Reactions: 19
Or it will become like her book club and she will completely forget that she was meant to write a letter and the people who expect to receive something from her will be left hanging.

Reactions: 13
I am seriously getting the urge to go onto her comment section and give a PSA to all her 12 year old fans, warning them against filling out shady forms with their personal information in the hopes of finding an influencer penpal.
What Ruby is doing with that form is absolutely inappropriate. True, she may not have bad intentions, just like creepy old guys hanging around playgrounds and schools might not have bad intentions, but it's still overstepping the boundaries. Youtube is bad enough for parasocial relationships without any help from Ruby Granger.
The warning should not just be to 12 year olds. There are a lot of vulnerable young people who need to be warned that who they think they are speaking to on the internet may not be who they are actually speaking to. Added to which, after the whole Ghislaine Maxwell business, young girls and women should be on their guard against the 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. (no reference at all meant to Rooby's liking for Merino wool)

Reactions: 15
She’s been reading again 😂

3C1361C8-740E-47E4-B54B-EF16D5549DBF.jpeg

1) who tf is Lavinia
2) what tf is that quote
3) if the letters HAD been sent, we would still have the manuscripts to put in the book alongside the transcriptions, you absolute moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
that quote made me question if i’m drunk. i don’t even drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She’s been reading again 😂

View attachment 982680
1) who tf is Lavinia
2) what tf is that quote
3) if the letters HAD been sent, we would still have the manuscripts to put in the book alongside the transcriptions, you absolute moron.
I genuinely can't tell if she is quoting three different things or if this is a complete sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For all she knows, Penultimate H could be one of the 'children' contacting her via the online form.

that quote made me question if i’m drunk. i don’t even drink.
Oh good, other people can see it too. I thought it was the morphine...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Long time lurker, first-time poster here 👋 I didn't intend to join the conversation at first, but this questionnaire fiasco... I just had to 😂
Ignoring the things that have already been mentioned (collecting personal information from kids, sending them weird-ass letters, potential GDPR issues, questionable ethics if not legality...), why tf did she use Google Forms or something to create the actual form? To make it look even shadier? 😂😂 If it's necessary to purchase from Pumpkin Productivity to have this exclusive chance of receiving the letter, the form should have been on the Pumpkin Productivity website. Jesus. I would naively ask if she does not consult her wise ideas with somebody who thinks at least partially straight, but somehow I think I know the answer :rolleyes: Besides, why tf does she create more work for herself with this straight-up idiotic and unsolicited project that no single soul probably asked for when there's a whole Yearly Planner catastrophe that's waiting to be properly addressed? She acts like a child play-pretending to be a businesswoman (but then again, this probably fits her aesthetic so no big deal :rolleyes:). That being said, I would love to see some reaction content from a random parent who just found a letter on their doorstep, addressed to their underaged 14-year-old child, that refers to a bunch of personal information about the child and was sent by a grown-ass woman that used confidential information from Pumpkin Productivity order to find the right address to send the letter to. Yikes.
I can't even... I often wonder how she's survived three (or four?) years at uni, being so naive and impractical, and lacking common sense and critical thinking. Whatever, I guess.
(Sorry 'bout the possible language errors, English is my second language, we're in the middle of examination period here at uni, and my last three brain cells just died earlier this day reading Roobee's form 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The thing is, if Ruby wants to support young people and take on some kind of mentorship role, I’m pretty sure there are all kinds of legitimate avenues to do that, not least those that she could get involved in through her university. There are all kinds of volunteering opportunities out there where Ruby could work with young people in a safe and professionally managed way (assuming that she actually does want to work with young people and this isn’t another of her ways of continuing to be a child …) However, once again Ruby goes off half-cocked, displaying her naïveté for all the world to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'd love to see what shambles she has submitted as an application to a Master's programme. Although, my instinct is that she will have dragged Blakeney into her madness and made a 'pact' that they work on their applications together, with some twisted notion that she can frolic around Oggsford playing Sebastian Flyte to Blakeney's Charles Ryder. Not that she will have read "Brideshead revisited". It's far too long, and includes unsuitable, drunken scenes, even if it is about a lot of toffs.

Is it unusually cruel of me to hope that Blakeney gets a first and goes to Oggsford, and Rooby-do does not? I think she'd implode if that happened.

Reactions: 26
I'd love to see what shambles she has submitted as an application to a Master's programme. Although, my instinct is that she will have dragged Blakeney into her madness and made a 'pact' that they work on their applications together, with some twisted notion that she can frolic around Oggsford playing Sebastian Flyte to Blakeney's Charles Ryder. Not that she will have read "Brideshead revisited". It's far too long, and includes unsuitable, drunken scenes, even if it is about a lot of toffs.

Is it unusually cruel of me to hope that Blakeney gets a first and goes to Oggsford, and Rooby-do does not? I think she'd implode if that happened.
I’v always wondered why Ruby doesn’t seem to have read Brideshead Revisited. I would have thought she’d be all over that like catnip, given how much of it is about Oxford and posh people (not criticising, I’ve read it and enjoyed it but it is full of plover’s eggs and teddy bears with ridiculous names and is full of the kind of things that the modern-day university tries to distance itself from). I’d also love it if she read something like Jill by Philip Larkin, just to see how badly she misses the point …

Reactions: 11
The thing is, if Ruby wants to support young people and take on some kind of mentorship role, I’m pretty sure there are all kinds of legitimate avenues to do that, not least those that she could get involved in through her university. There are all kinds of volunteering opportunities out there where Ruby could work with young people in a safe and professionally managed way (assuming that she actually does want to work with young people and this isn’t another of her ways of continuing to be a child …) However, once again Ruby goes off half-cocked, displaying her naïveté for all the world to see.
I don’t think Ruby wants to work with the type of kids who are generally on the receiving end of volunteer projects like that. She doesn’t want tutor an underprivileged kid who’s fallen behind in math, she wants to live vicariously through a middle to upper class tween girl who likes all the same things Ruby does.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.