Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby subtlely dropping in there that you need to have purchased from her in order to enter (and not giving another option to give her your address) is shady - I'm certain she knows how unethical that is, why else would she hide it right at the end of the survey?

(side note, Ruby's insistence on people liking tea will only ever make me think of that consent video they show in UK secondary schools about not forcing people to drink tea)

Reactions: 36
edit. Damn it, I’m so SO tempted to email Sixteenth with a screenshot and a link and ask them if they’re aware that she’s doing this, and if they are, are they quite sure that it’s legal… because I’m pretty sure it isn’t, and it sure as hell isn’t ethical.
I really think you should - it's a safeguarding issue if nothing else if she's planning to contact children.

Also found this post on Reddit - the OP's sister is next gen Ruby: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...ta_for_telling_my_13yearold_sister_that_shes/

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really think you should - it's a safeguarding issue if nothing else if she's planning to contact children.

Also found this post on Reddit - the OP's sister is next gen Ruby: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...ta_for_telling_my_13yearold_sister_that_shes/
I thought about it, but I’d doxx myself to them since I’ve talked about her on here like, a lot, and I don’t trust Roobee’s management any more than I trust her (which, in case they ever lurk here, should give them pause). I’m hoping someone else, who maybe has an email account that’s not also their rl name, might be willing to take one for the team.

Reactions: 10
I went to Blackwell's in Oxford today and the "extravagantly priced" old book/notebook she bought was only £17.99. The way she was talking about made it seem it would be more than £50.

Reactions: 13
If Ruby was a man, her trying to get so many personal info from her underage fans would been seen as way more than simply questionable.
We're talking about the ages of her followers here but also private stuff live their home address, tastes and I can imagine a young fan telling Ruby they are/were bullied at school in the "tell me something about yourself" as a way to try to get some sympathy from their idol, hoping to get chosen as her new pen pal for being relatable to her.

I don't think Ruby has any bad intentions with what she's doing there (and I hope I'll never be proven wrong on that) but I wish her younger fans would understand that no YouTuber is their friend. They obviously can be friendly to them but at the end of the day, they're just an audience giving them views and money.

Reactions: 31
Hope y'all are well.

Just wondered if any of you have investigated the quality of Ruby's products? (other than that self-insert book lmao). I don't know if this is a trend or just me being neglectful with my stuff, but I've had her academic planner since September, and it's now falling to pieces.

The rings binding it are splitting apart and the back cover has fallen off. (Shown in the second photo). The front cover starting to do the same and I keep having to push it back on (all the while Ruby's letter about this being a 'perfect planner' laughs at me as it's exposed).

I'm pretty much just an average college (UK college) student who keeps it in my rucksack. I don't throw it against walls, no matter how much I'm tempted to (e.g. One of the calendars was dated wrong and it really set me off when remembering how much the planner was.

Anyways, anyone else heard of similar problems? I mean none of this as a personal attack on Ruby, but those planners are so strongly advertised that it kind of makes me mad. Sorry for venting - I can't find a feedback form for the planner.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Scrolling the the comments of Robot's latest video, someone asked how she chose the follower to send a gift to:View attachment 979119

Here is the Google form :
View attachment 979120
View attachment 979121
View attachment 979125View attachment 979126View attachment 979127
I actually find the way she has written this survey deeply concerning. Firstly, the obvious safeguarding issue. How is she including "under 12" as an age category when the very minimum age for social media accounts, including Instagram and Youtube, her two main platforms, is 13? Now I know kids lie about their age all the time but Ruby, as an adult with a company, should be stating and stipulating these rules pretty much before she does anything else. Even for teenagers between 13-17, a lot of competition entries require parental permission and knowledge. Absolutely no mention of this either, so what the hell is she playing at?

Secondly, the insecure and weirdly intimate register she's using: the bleeping monkey emoji in a supposedly official form, the stern "I hope you do!" and "you obviously haven't tried the right tea haha!" that she can't pull off because she doesn't have a humorous bone in her body. She sounds not only like an alien, but an especially unhinged one.

The fact that she consistently tries so hard to connect with people much younger than her is ridiculous at this point and as much as her family do seem aware of her eating habits and are hopefully trying to help them in the background, she clearly has a deep-set issue with childhood and growing up that needs urgently addressing alongside that. Her complete refusal to engage with what she might see as unsavoury adult topics is going to harm either her or someone else, ESPECIALLY if she's trying to forge relationships with young impressionable viewers via letter or video call and they start viewing her lifestyle as a healthy adult existence.

There's such a stark difference between other creators who befriend other creators in their sphere whereas Ruby is pandering to her audience to let her be one of them - a teenage girl. Maybe when she was still at school it would have been more natural but she's 22 this year and she needs to stop. Sorry, this was much longer than I meant it to be but I find it concerning in relation to her state of mind and she's forcing that onto a younger impressionable audience who already worship her a dangerous amount.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Hope y'all are well.

Just wondered if any of you have investigated the quality of Ruby's products? (other than that self-insert book lmao). I don't know if this is a trend or just me being neglectful with my stuff, but I've had her academic planner since September, and it's now falling to pieces.

The rings binding it are splitting apart and the back cover has fallen off. (Shown in the second photo). The front cover starting to do the same and I keep having to push it back on (all the while Ruby's letter about this being a 'perfect planner' laughs at me as it's exposed).

I'm pretty much just an average college (UK college) student who keeps it in my rucksack. I don't throw it against walls, no matter how much I'm tempted to (e.g. One of the calendars was dated wrong and it really set me off when remembering how much the planner was.

Anyways, anyone else heard of similar problems? I mean none of this as a personal attack on Ruby, but those planners are so strongly advertised that it kind of makes me mad. Sorry for venting - I can't find a feedback form for the planner.

CORRECTION: The dating wasn't wrong in this planner. That was another one (though that other one was a similar price). Sorry for the mistake, my other comments about the physical quality stand but I should have checked the dates before writing that. I'm not very used to venting publicly. ^^'

Reactions: 5
Yeh lol I got one in September (arrived in good time tbf) and the spiral binding was very bad I had the same problem as you, it completely fell apart in December. I was genuinely just leaving it open week by week on my desk though as my uni is mostly WFH still so it was just so weak it couldn’t even sustain weekly flicking through LOL. The car drive home in my backpack did it in, so I binned it and cut my losses cos their management over this Christmas period clearly won’t deal with that complaint. Lucky I had a job when I wasted £22 including p&p! If you have the cash/interested, I found a gorgeous hardback purple and white Typo planner in WHSmiths ! Splurged a bit though, £25 *insert Ruby’s monkey emoji*

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
unrelated to the giveaway subject but i have no idea how ruby manages to send multiple paragraph long emails to her lecturers (actually yes i do, total lack of self awareness) - i cringe so hard at myself for sending a single short one even though it’s always a genuine question related to the course😭

Reactions: 32
Yeh lol I got one in September (arrived in good time tbf) and the spiral binding was very bad I had the same problem as you, it completely fell apart in December. I was genuinely just leaving it open week by week on my desk though as my uni is mostly WFH still so it was just so weak it couldn’t even sustain weekly flicking through LOL. The car drive home in my backpack did it in, so I binned it and cut my losses cos their management over this Christmas period clearly won’t deal with that complaint. Lucky I had a job when I wasted £22 including p&p!
Jesus- A car ride?
I'm surprised mines even lasted this long then. Sorry we both wasted our paychecks on this~ The girl's gotta do better considering the free planners my high school gave us outlasted her £22 one.

And thanks for the recommendation! That ones gorgeous - Though considering my current budget I might just call it quits on planners and use an old notebook. ^^'

Reactions: 15
unrelated to the giveaway subject but i have no idea how ruby manages to send multiple paragraph long emails to her lecturers (actually yes i do, total lack of self awareness) - i cringe so hard at myself for sending a single short one even though it’s always a genuine question related to the course😭
Honestly! I sent an email today that’s about 2 lines saying thanks for running the workshop can I book a tutorial blah blah and I’m still scatting about it being too chatty

Jesus- A car ride?
I'm surprised mines even lasted this long then. Sorry we both wasted our paychecks on this~ The girl's gotta do better considering the free planners my high school gave us outlasted her £22 one.

And thanks for the recommendation! That ones gorgeous - Though considering my current budget I might just call it quits on planners and use an old notebook. ^^'
So embarrassing for her though. Does she just keep getting new ones from her stock because hers looks so pristine in videos it can’t be her real one?? I looked at mine hungover and I swear I watched it shrivel a little bit… not ethanol
But anyway. That’s totally fair. At least now my planner is emblazoned with “be a good human” instead of “vote tory” lesson learnt🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ruby subtlely dropping in there that you need to have purchased from her in order to enter (and not giving another option to give her your address) is shady - I'm certain she knows how unethical that is, why else would she hide it right at the end of the survey?

(side note, Ruby's insistence on people liking tea will only ever make me think of that consent video they show in UK secondary schools about not forcing people to drink tea)
I was just about to say so you only sign up if you brought a planner that you still haven't received

Reactions: 5
I actually find the way she has written this survey deeply concerning. Firstly, the obvious safeguarding issue. How is she including "under 12" as an age category when the very minimum age for social media accounts, including Instagram and Youtube, her two main platforms, is 13? Now I know kids lie about their age all the time but Ruby, as an adult with a company, should be stating and stipulating these rules pretty much before she does anything else. Even for teenagers between 13-17, a lot of competition entries require parental permission and knowledge. Absolutely no mention of this either, so what the hell is she playing at?

Secondly, the insecure and weirdly intimate register she's using: the bleeping monkey emoji in a supposedly official form, the stern "I hope you do!" and "you obviously haven't tried the right tea haha!" that she can't pull off because she doesn't have a humorous bone in her body. She sounds not only like an alien, but an especially unhinged one.

The fact that she consistently tries so hard to connect with people much younger than her is ridiculous at this point and as much as her family do seem aware of her eating habits and are hopefully trying to help them in the background, she clearly has a deep-set issue with childhood and growing up that needs urgently addressing alongside that. Her complete refusal to engage with what she might see as unsavoury adult topics is going to harm either her or someone else, ESPECIALLY if she's trying to forge relationships with young impressionable viewers via letter or video call and they start viewing her lifestyle as a healthy adult existence.

There's such a stark difference between other creators who befriend other creators in their sphere whereas Ruby is pandering to her audience to let her be one of them - a teenage girl. Maybe when she was still at school it would have been more natural but she's 22 this year and she needs to stop. Sorry, this was much longer than I meant it to be but I find it concerning in relation to her state of mind and she's forcing that onto a younger impressionable audience who already worship her a dangerous amount.
I may be proven completely wrong (and I really hope not) but it’s this sort of crap that makes me think that Ruby is just incredibly naive rather than sinister. The form is dreadful in so many ways (it reads like one of this spammy Facebook quizzes that get used to mine information) particularly as it’ll be a nightmare when the data’s exported into Excel as she’s got multiple kinds of information being submitted in single fields. However more than that it just shrieks of the kind of thing you’d develop for a secondary school project and not something that you’d do as a business - which is what Ruby is, whether she likes it or not. At the very least there needs to be some kind of statement about what’s happening with the information, how it’ll be stored and how long it’ll be retained. There also has to be a legitimate purpose for the information that you’re collecting and I don’t think ‘sending a letter’ counts, especially as we all know that Ruby’ll only do it for a couple of months and then it’ll end up like the book club.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So embarrassing for her though. Does she just keep getting new ones from her stock because hers looks so pristine in videos it can’t be her real one?? I looked at mine hungover and I swear I watched it shrivel a little bit… not ethanol
But anyway. That’s totally fair. At least now my planner is emblazoned with “be a good human” instead of “vote tory” lesson learnt🙃
Could not say I would be surprised if she did lmao. Mine shrivelled after about a week of use, and considering I can't drink yet, I don't think alcohol caused you to see that~

Love that motto though! Hope your new planner fares you better! I'll keep using this one until its unusable - might as well *try* and get my money's worth from it...

Reactions: 8
So embarrassing for her though. Does she just keep getting new ones from her stock because hers looks so pristine in videos it can’t be her real one??
This is most definitely what she does.

Notice in her videos, when she's showing her current planner, it's usually already opened to whatever day she's currently filling out. The condition is always suspiciously pristine for something that Ruby claims to put in her bag, use every day and take "AV-ree-where".

You never see her flicking through previously filled out days and months to get to her current day.

Same deal with all her other merch like "tyoo-dyoo" lists and schedules - every time she's using one on camera, it's always a brand new one. She's never using a pad that has, like, two pages left.

She's often showing herself using notebooks and such that aren't Pumpkin Productivity, and clearly never uses her own crappy products outside of filming.

She no doubt just grabs one from her stockpile, uses it for a few sporadic days to take some Instagram photos and film some filler footage until it disintegrates and then grabs a new one from her stash of sample freebies and giveaway copies that she never sent to winners.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If I were an influencer I’d want to create a product I genuinely loved and could use? It’s not everyday you get to design your own planner and she just completely wasted the opportunity

Reactions: 19
sorry if it's been mentioned but in her most recent video, the very use of the word Oxford in her title gave me a hunch... I knew it would be more than just shopping, she was gallivanting around Oxford, saying how much she loves the city, even toying with an Oxford university keychain... I 100% think she's alluding that she's applied for a master's at Oxford. Given her history with the school I don't think she'd make a video like that lightly? 🤔

Reactions: 21
sorry if it's been mentioned but in her most recent video, the very use of the word Oxford in her title gave me a hunch... I knew it would be more than just shopping, she was gallivanting around Oxford, saying how much she loves the city, even toying with an Oxford university keychain... I 100% think she's alluding that she's applied for a master's at Oxford. Given her history with the school I don't think she'd make a video like that lightly? 🤔
I'd kill for an Oxford rejection video

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.