Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she ever faces the consequences of her actions, I want a title to be "whatever happened to baby ruby" 😂
You'll remember that in the movie you can buy your own "Baby Jane" doll. I'm sure Rooby is working on something similar right now for her under 12 audience. A Robot doll in a bonnet, with freckles you can paint on yourself. If you pull the string it will say "ACT-SHULLY, I am cleverer than you, peasant!" (I should copyright this before she beats me to the punch)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You'll remember that in the movie you can buy your own "Baby Jane" doll. I'm sure Rooby is working on something similar right now for her under 12 audience. A Robot doll in a bonnet, with freckles you can paint on yourself. If you pull the string it will say "ACT-SHULLY, I am cleverer than you, peasant!" (I should copyright this before she beats me to the punch)
This is superbly creepy and accurate, and she'd be delighted that she'd have a form of herself that doesn't age 🙃

Reactions: 12
This is superbly creepy and accurate, and she'd be delighted that she'd have a form of herself that doesn't age 🙃
Maybe she's already got one in her attic displaying all the signs of maturity and independence she is miraculously lacking in

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was watching Jack Edward's new video and his review of Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is amusingly applicable to Erimentha Parker's to Do List:

"This is supposed to be an anti-bullying book but the main character to me was just so annoying that I was kind of like yeah I can kinda see why you're being bullied".

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a subtle dig.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I was watching Jack Edward's new video and his review of Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is amusingly applicable to Erimentha Parker's to Do List:

"This is supposed to be an anti-bullying book but the main character to me was just so annoying that I was kind of like yeah I can kinda see why you're being bullied".

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a subtle dig.
I thought the same thing 😂😂😂

Poor Roobee must be so jealous, Jack has close to the same number of subs as her but gets so many more views. He’s managed to make a pretty good transition to booktube. Roobee is fishing with no bait in those waters, let’s be real.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If she could finally face the fact that she enjoys neither reading nor studying, perhaps her life would change for the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
If she could finally face the fact that she enjoys neither reading nor studying, perhaps her life would change for the better.
One (she, of course) has to wonder what is it that she actually enjoys. Has she ever expressed genuine enjoyment towards anything in particular? Besides Miss Patina and Watersones, that is...

Reactions: 18
I thought the same thing 😂😂😂

Poor Roobee must be so jealous, Jack has close to the same number of subs as her but gets so many more views. He’s managed to make a pretty good transition to booktube. Roobee is fishing with no bait in those waters, let’s be real.
Her latest Victorian themed video only pulled in 51k views, which is only about 7% of her subscribers (and that's only if her viewership is 100% subscribed, which I don't think any channel can boast). So only a tiny fraction of subscribers are watching in reality, and that must be so sad when you're making videos you're passionate about but your general audience just isn't here for. I guess most probably subscribed for study content which 1) she barely does anymore, and 2) a lot of old subscribers have probably outgrown her by now.

Reactions: 14
Yeah and I also wonder how Ruby will go about transitioning away from studytube content once she's finished her degree. I mean, it's not easy to do - Holly Gabrielle's views, for example, have fallen quite a lot since she left school. And that's even though Holly's video editing skills and her upload consistency are top notch which can't be said for Ruby.

I just wonder how the "Ruby Granger" channel and the "Ruby Granger" persona will fare once there's no more studying to do.

Reactions: 13
New vid lol, honestly it’s same old same old. Habits for the new year! Do extra reading! Drink moar watah! Go on walks! Awkwardly film yourself while getting a desperately needed breath of fresh air to clear out black mould from you damp-infested lungs!
BCC6BF0A-7C3B-4ECF-8922-672BC7441344.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Recap of her 15 Student Habits for 2022

1. Drink more water: This isn't really a student habit, but a general recommendation:

2. Research something you're interested in for each of your courses (modules) once a week: I get broadening your perspective on a course, but every week? I'm way too busy researching things I actually need for a course and doing assignments to frolic on the internet. Of course, I'm all for learning as much as you can, but why should this be a habit? Extra research should be something you do when you find something that excites you. But you shouldn't actively have to find something to research every week. This just adds to the fact that she does work to tick off boxes, not so much when "inspiration strikes."

3. Set a monthly task list: This is a fair habit to suggest. However, I find weekly plans to be much more helpful, as I don't really know what to expect a month in advance, especially when not all professors tell you ahead of time. Recently I've found making all of these individual plans (monthly, weekly, daily) just takes away from time you can actually be getting things done. And is more for display purposes.

4. Reset day: She suggests spending your reset day deleting files, not taking the day to meditate and actually reset your mind? This habit should be called "declutter" not reset day.

5. Use a planner: There she goes, advertising planners that people still haven't received. Also, is anyone else also not a fan of how much she stresses on time spent working. Instead of suggesting it helps to write things down to motivate you, she recommends setting aside specific times to get things done. And that whole "time to spend working" on her old planner. Honestly, just write things you need to get done. Don't stress how long it takes you, or else you'll never get anything done.

6. Do a piece of extra critical reading every week: This is basically the same of #2, which she does mention. Some times it's hard to finish required reading, let alone extra for funsies. At least she adds that you don't need to feel like you have to get it all done, I guess.

7. Setting social media time: Whatever works for you, but I'd rather focus on lessening time spent on social media, than setting restrictive times of the day. She talks about making time spent on social media intentional so you can "gain something from it." Some times it's important to just relax and mindlessly scroll. Not everything has to be a task to cross of the to do list. (Side note: very surprised she'd show her screen time. And equally as shocked to see it was over 5 hours.)

8. What did you learn that day: I do like this idea. Good way to be mindful.

9. Go outside: Also a good idea. BUT we all know how she abuses her physical activity and treats it as another task to complete rather than a form of relaxation. Personally I like going on spontaneous walks. They feel more purposeful, than just forcing myself to go out everyday to tick it off a list.

10. Movement: She discusses getting up and walking around to take a break while studying. Also not much to say about this one.

11. Meditation: Here we go, here's the meditation I wish she mentioned for the reset day. More and more I feel like she suggests ways to improve mental health as tasks rather than something to do mindfully.

12. I could hardly hear the quiet voiceover and crumpling of paper but sounds like she said to clean your desk once a week. Also a fair point. Maybe she'll finally clean up the dead flies! Oh wait, she only cleans spaces you can actually see...

13. Fix your sleep schedule.

14. Switch off. Now this should've been paired with the reset day.

15. Am I missing something or did she just not add a 15th habit...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Recap of her 15 Student Habits for 2022

1. Drink more water: This isn't really a student habit, but a general recommendation:

2. Research something you're interested in for each of your courses (modules) once a week: I get broadening your perspective on a course, but every week? I'm way too busy researching things I actually need for a course and doing assignments to frolic on the internet. Of course, I'm all for learning as much as you can, but why should this be a habit? Extra research should be something you do when you find something that excites you. But you shouldn't actively have to find something to research every week. This just adds to the fact that she does work to tick off boxes, not so much when "inspiration strikes."

3. Set a monthly task list: This is a fair habit to suggest. However, I find weekly plans to be much more helpful, as I don't really know what to expect a month in advance, especially when not all professors tell you ahead of time. Recently I've found making all of these individual plans (monthly, weekly, daily) just takes away from time you can actually be getting things done. And is more for display purposes.

4. Reset day: She suggests spending your reset day deleting files, not taking the day to meditate and actually reset your mind? This habit should be called "declutter" not reset day.

5. Use a planner: There she goes, advertising planners that people still haven't received. Also, is anyone else also not a fan of how much she stresses on time spent working. Instead of suggesting it helps to write things down to motivate you, she recommends setting aside specific times to get things done. And that whole "time to spend working" on her old planner. Honestly, just write things you need to get done. Don't stress how long it takes you, or else you'll never get anything done.

6. Do a piece of extra critical reading every week: This is basically the same of #2, which she does mention. Some times it's hard to finish required reading, let alone extra for funsies. At least she adds that you don't need to feel like you have to get it all done, I guess.

7. Setting social media time: Whatever works for you, but I'd rather focus on lessening time spent on social media, than setting restrictive times of the day. She talks about making time spent on social media intentional so you can "gain something from it." Some times it's important to just relax and mindlessly scroll. Not everything has to be a task to cross of the to do list. (Side note: very surprised she'd show her screen time. And equally as shocked to see it was over 5 hours.)

8. What did you learn that day: I do like this idea. Good way to be mindful.

9. Go outside: Also a good idea. BUT we all know how she abuses her physical activity and treats it as another task to complete rather than a form of relaxation. Personally I like going on spontaneous walks. They feel more purposeful, than just forcing myself to go out everyday to tick it off a list.

10. Movement: She discusses getting up and walking around to take a break while studying. Also not much to say about this one.

11. Meditation: Here we go, here's the meditation I wish she mentioned for the reset day. More and more I feel like she suggests ways to improve mental health as tasks rather than something to do mindfully.

12. I could hardly hear the quiet voiceover and crumpling of paper but sounds like she said to clean your desk once a week. Also a fair point. Maybe she'll finally clean up the dead flies! Oh wait, she only cleans spaces you can actually see...

13. Fix your sleep schedule.

14. Switch off. Now this should've been paired with the reset day.

15. Am I missing something or did she just not add a 15th habit...
I feel like she'll go back and change the title...

Reactions: 3
Another fly sacrifice? Or a double baptism?

2688E932-18A9-4603-81B8-C2BE501497C0.png

Also, 6:02: “I don’t dust that often and I probably should.” Who’d have thought?

And this final shot of her gazing wistfully out of the window as if she’s stuck in a boarding school and not living in a mansion with her pick of at least two other houses. Believe me, Ruby, you would not prefer it to what you have.

4717BE6E-E6E4-45D1-A8FA-7A41AB4DE0C1.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I love the start of her new video where she’s obviously planning to write ‘drink more water’ on a page from a magazine but clearly misspells ‘more’ and then just gives up. Oh Ruby, never change.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 18.17.01.png

Dickens' retelling of a Bible story (for his children) is "not very interesting or original"
It's a retelling, Roobs, it won't be original.
Her book reviews read like she's trying to do a one line per book

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I love the start of her new video where she’s obviously planning to write ‘drink more water’ on a page from a magazine but clearly misspells ‘more’ and then just gives up. Oh Ruby, never change.
I feel like she write "drink me" as a reference to Alice in Wonderland

Reactions: 5
‘Cool to see how influential Jesus was in Dickens’s personal life’ … Was ‘cool’ really the best and most appropriate word here, final-year Lit student Ruby? (And I know it’s technically correct and a matter of style but ’Dickens’s’ makes my teeth itch).

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.