Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez, how confused would a 15-year old non-Christmas celebrating person be filing that little lot in. Also, forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t it a bit GDPR non-compliant to be using data from an order (a Pumpkin Productivity order number) to associate that with some potentially highly personal details? Seems a bit risky to be combining these things.
I’m also not sure if she can have a “giveaway” exclusively for people purchasing as I think that’s considered gambling (?) somewhere and I feel some some YouTuber a while ago got into a bit of trouble somewhere?
this could be horribly inaccurate thought

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Those age ranges hurt my soul. Overlapping and using the same number in two different age ranges? Why? Did she not learn how to do ranges in school?
Perhaps she is just "impartial" about age ranges?
The whole thing smacks of Ruby's addled brain.

She's blatantly using this to weed out anyone whose interests and opinions don't mirror her own so that she can find likely very young penpals who idolise her, will write her lots of praise, agree with her about everything and tell her all about their day as a twelve-year-old to help with her Peter Pan fantasy of being a child again. (Remember that 14 year old she used to write to/follow on everything?)
If it was a man doing this, people would be asking for him to be put on a register.

The recap: do we really need one?
I loved the recap. It sounded like some really awful 1970s show for kids. Maybe you just don't enjoy "old-fashioned things", by which I mean:

Victorian
Edwardian
1920s
Days of yore
Olden times
Times gone by
Yesteryear
Way back when
(Ruby knows all the historical periods)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
10% over and under! unless you're Ruby appaz
On my course, you can be as far under as you like (but more than 10% under will arouse suspicion with the marker), but "Marks will be deducted for failure to comply with this requirement as follows: for up to and including 5% beyond the word limit, four marks will be deducted; for over 5% beyond the word limit, twelve marks will be deducted."
So yeah, you have to be pretty strict on your word count

Reactions: 3
Even by her standards, it is extremely cynical to send letters or gifts only to those who have given her money before. Roo, you are monetarily bullying your supporters!

Reactions: 20
Jeez, how confused would a 15-year old non-Christmas celebrating person be filing that little lot in. Also, forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t it a bit GDPR non-compliant to be using data from an order (a Pumpkin Productivity order number) to associate that with some potentially highly personal details? Seems a bit risky to be combining these things.
Yes, but I suppose it's a grey area (though I am definitely not an expert). I would question why Ruby needs access to the details of orders and address information, since she is not responsible for processing orders or dispatching them. And if she doesn't have access, that means someone is giving her that information when she provides the order number. Arguably by filling in that form and providing that information you are in essence giving your permission for your details to be used in this way, but it still seems dodgy to me.

I'm also not comfortable with the way she says she picks people at random "mainly". That suggests to me that none of this has been run past guidelines to check it complies, she's just making it up as she goes along.

Reactions: 17
watch

I just re-watched Rooby's "bullying" video. In this one, she is in year ten and head girl at her private school and is being bullied. An unlikely scenario, but as you will see at the beginning of the video (when she is trying to make herself cry) it is all still very raw for Rooby.

Reactions: 2
Victorian
Edwardian
1920s
Days of yore
Olden times
Times gone by
Yesteryear
Way back when
(Ruby knows all the historical periods)
Once Upon a Time. That's my PERSONAL MOST FAVOURITE time period.

I'm also not comfortable with the way she says she picks people at random "mainly". That suggests to me that none of this has been run past guidelines to check it complies, she's just making it up as she goes along.
Yeah, like so many of her projects, I just don't think she's thought it through properly. That questionnaire is all over the place.

Reactions: 8
On what kind of level do you have to be to shame people for not liking tea? The f*ck.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
watch

I just re-watched Rooby's "bullying" video. In this one, she is in year ten and head girl at her private school and is being bullied. An unlikely scenario, but as you will see at the beginning of the video (when she is trying to make herself cry) it is all still very raw for Rooby.
I'll admit I haven't watched the video; I got through one minute before deciding I couldn't be bothered anymore haha. But it did raise some questions about the head girl process. At Ruby's school, who was responsible for choosing the head girl, I wonder? At my old school it worked like this: students would nominate themselves as candidates, they would hold an event where each girl had to give a speech in front of the school and then there would be a student vote. The student vote is the part I'm interested in because that means Ruby would've been popular enough to be chosen by her peers.

(Forgot to add that this Sun Tzu thread title is the best one yet.)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, but I suppose it's a grey area (though I am definitely not an expert). I would question why Ruby needs access to the details of orders and address information, since she is not responsible for processing orders or dispatching them. And if she doesn't have access, that means someone is giving her that information when she provides the order number. Arguably by filling in that form and providing that information you are in essence giving your permission for your details to be used in this way, but it still seems dodgy to me.

Didn’t molly mae get done by ASA for that? She did some giveaway but didn’t pick the winner randomly iirc so ended up getting in trouble for it

Reactions: 6

Why would someone write 4000 words ass-ay when the word limit is only 1000. I mean, I olso axe-seed the word limit but, FOUR TIMES is a lot... Aai wonder what she writes in her ass-ay...
And sponsored by Betterhelp as well... she really has no shame. This video was released in December 2019 - even if Ruby is incapable of thinking for herself and critically evaluating the product she's advertising (are these 'therapists' licensed or accredited? How do you know they are who they say they are? Is there a background checking system? If they're not legally qualified therapists, what confidentiality rules are they bound by? etc etc etc), the fact that Betterhelp is a toxic, dangerous scam was common knowledge throughout then. Just a Google away, and she either didn't care enough to find out more, or knew and went ahead with the sponsorship anyway.

If this were a genuine mistake that she's since reflected on, she could put a note in the description, pull the sponsor links, take down the video itself - but it'd never get acknowledged. And she still takes any sponsorship regardless of its authenticity or how much she uses it.

Reactions: 10
I don’t know how it is in the UK post-Brexit, but in the rest of Europe, I doubt very much it would be legal to 1) make giveaway participation conditional on having made a purchase previously (at the very least you would have to state explicitly that only those who buy are eligible), 2) gather detailed information and combine it directly with order data (name, address, payment details), let alone 3) compile such a registry from a customer base where a significant portion of the customers are underage and don’t understand that any information they give will be available to Sixteenth for marketing purposes, or to sell to a third party, or basically whatever they please, since Roobee hasn’t provided a description of the registry that’s being compiled, who maintains it, for what purposes, and above all, what guarantees there are that a person’s data will be safe. It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen, basically. I wish someone would, tbh.

Didn’t molly mae get done by ASA for that? She did some giveaway but didn’t pick the winner randomly iirc so ended up getting in trouble for it
I know the tea giveaway Roobee did before xmas was definitely not picked at random. She asked people to comment with their favourite ritual and then picked the most ass-kissingest comment before the video had been up long enough for more than a fraction of her viewers to see it.

edit. Damn it, I’m so SO tempted to email Sixteenth with a screenshot and a link and ask them if they’re aware that she’s doing this, and if they are, are they quite sure that it’s legal… because I’m pretty sure it isn’t, and it sure as hell isn’t ethical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
I don’t know how it is in the UK post-Brexit, but in the rest of Europe, I doubt very much it would be legal to 1) make giveaway participation conditional on having made a purchase previously (at the very least you would have to state explicitly that only those who buy are eligible), 2) gather detailed information and combine it directly with order data (name, address, payment details), let alone 3) compile such a registry from a customer base where a significant portion of the customers are underage and don’t understand that any information they give will be available to Sixteenth for marketing purposes, or to sell to a third party, or basically whatever they please, since Roobee hasn’t provided a description of the registry that’s being compiled, who maintains it, for what purposes, and above all, what guarantees there are that a person’s data will be safe. It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen, basically. I wish someone would, tbh.

I know the tea giveaway Roobee did before xmas was definitely not picked at random. She asked people to comment with their favourite ritual and then picked the most ass-kissingest comment before the video had been up long enough for more than a fraction of her viewers to see it.

edit. Damn it, I’m so SO tempted to email Sixteenth with a screenshot and a link and ask them if they’re aware that she’s doing this, and if they are, are they quite sure that it’s legal… because I’m pretty sure it isn’t, and it sure as hell isn’t ethical.
Please do that! It's about time Roobee stops this ridiculous behaviour. She is 21 for Pete's sake, not 12.

Reactions: 22
Please do!

Reactions: 16
She consistantly claims she's a nerd. I don't think she is a nerd. She just pretends to be a nerd because she thinks that means she is smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
On my course, you can be as far under as you like (but more than 10% under will arouse suspicion with the marker), but "Marks will be deducted for failure to comply with this requirement as follows: for up to and including 5% beyond the word limit, four marks will be deducted; for over 5% beyond the word limit, twelve marks will be deducted."
So yeah, you have to be pretty strict on your word count
Ah interesting! We get marked down for being under as well as over, in a similar matter you descibed

Reactions: 1
I cannot wait till an attentive parent find some weird parcel at their front door for their 14 yr old daughter containing suspicious sachets of 'tea' and a hand scribbled note of random drivel from a fully formed 21 yr old woman.
they will go apeshit and do a proper investigation and Ruby's world will blow up stg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.