Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby in her latest IG post: 'sometimes it's easy to forget how much the human body is capable of.' I feel like she would know this if she actually nourished her body properly 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 988344
Stephen Tennant, when times were good. I believe these are "New Yorker" magazines which he is twirling with for the sheer ASS-THATIC.

View attachment 988347

Stephen Tennant later in life, taken to his bed, still living at home, still writing his "novel". Although, in fairness to him, this is David Hockney who has come to visit him.
Perhaps this explains part of Ruby’s excuse for her retreat into her childhood lunacy.

Ruby: "Nyo, mummy, I HAVE to be hyome all the time! Stephen Tennant had a MAGICAL life of staying in his RYOOM all the toiyme and wahrking on his grahhnd opus--DIDJOOKNYOW that means bestest masterpiece?--and his life was SYO, SYO SPLENDID that his heroes came all the way to his house to lyook apyon hyim!"

Ruby’s Mother: (Not listening) "Oh, that's nice, my love!"

Ruby: "AND SYO MUMMY, I can't leave the house, because nyoaw thyat word of my MAGICAL life of mindful productivity, genius, chyaritobble dyeeds and eeyecentric whimsy have reached the masses online, J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson, Jyaycubb Ryees-Mogg and Myichael Gyove will all be visiting me from far afield any day now to tell me how special I am!"

Ruby's Mother: (Not listening) "Oh, won't that be lovely!"

Ruby: "DIDJOOKNYOW that when pyeepull come from "far afield", they don't ACSHULLY come from fields? That's what they call an EXPRASSHUN. I kyow because I looked in our fields and I couldn't find anyone there!"

Ruby Mother: (Not listening) "You're so clever, my special little cherub!"

Ruby: "And DIDJOOKNYOW that Stephen Tennant isn't ACSHUALLY the grandfather of David Tennant, even thyough they have the same name?"

Ruby Mother: (Not listening) "Oh, how wonderful, my gifted little bookworm!"

Ruby: "And DIDJOOKNYOW that the name Tennant derives from the word "tenant", byeecoz their ancesters were the first people to pay rent?"

Ruby Mother: (Not listening) "Yes, of course, my beautiful little genius."

Ruby: "NO YOU DIDN'T MUMMY, YOU DON'T KNYOW ANYTHING! WHY ISN'T J.K. ROWLING HERE YET TO TELL ME HOW SHE’S MY BIGGEST FAN AND SHARE HER NYOTION NYOTES WITH MEE?!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Anyone want to take a shot at doing a synopsis of Rooby's new book? I'll start:

Clarissa Bassington-Sstench (both "S"s are silent and it is actually pronounced "Tory-tax evader") is a highly gifted girl (she's actually a fully grown adult, and has been for four years, but what the hey) who is attending a prestigious university. [She failed to get into Oxford, but we will not mention that - ah, oops, I just did] She finds university life a struggle at first, as all her lectures and seminars are filled with people who are not as clever as she is, and what's worse, some of those nasties actually went to ghastly state schools. Clarissa B-S rises above the dross though, triumphing in her studies, although she does deign to attend a student party at one point, where she absolutely refuses to drink, smoke, take drugs, or have sex, which is what all parties require one to do at some point in the evening.

Despite her top grades, Clarissa B-S feels lonely at times, because nobody is on a par with her big brain. At first she tries to dull it by giving herself whiplash, spinning round in a field. Then she tries to befriend some of her university lecturers, but they are not on her level either, and two of them end up retiring after they realise that in comparison to Clarissa, they know nothing at all about their subject, despite both being Nobel prize winners.

In a sub-plot that goes nowhere, Clarissa's little brother, Fauntleroy B-S drops out of his (far less) prestigious university as he decides he will chance his luck as a chess grandmaster.

Back at Tory Towers, Clarissa decides she cannot sully her hands any longer mixing with common people on campus, and completes her studies at the family mansion, where she barricades herself in as an attempt to stop the older of the Rees-Mogg boys from wooing her with his beautiful penmanship.

THE END. (and you will want to end it all)
Hold on what about the plot where she moves in with a new girl and starts copying everything that girl does even though she is by far superior

Reactions: 3
As an intern, Ruby will, no doubt, be asked to minute meetings. Here is an example of what she might come up with - including all spelling mistakes and made-up words.

Weekly Team Meeting: Tory Inc.
Chair: Sir Hugo Bragalot
(city chum of Daddy Bones)

1. Wellcome
Hello, It's Rooby! This meeting wasn't sponsored by anyone at all. Or it might have been sponsored by Tory Inc. itself, but they didn't gift me anything, so I'm not sure.

The meeting began when it started with Sir Hugo entering the room in a resplendid bow tie, which, ACSHULLY was very popular during Victorian and Edwardian times when what a gentleman wore was a reflection of how he presented himself. If such items had not been available at that time then other items would have had to have been worn instead.

Sir Hugo welcomed Jean from accounts back to the office after her long absence. Fortunately, Jean is looking much better now and I later took the time just to ask her how she was feeling, because kindness is SO important, in fact THE most important thing to be. I decided that later on I would also leave a personally signed note on jean's desk, just with some thoughts about how, if she took the time to make reading the stoics part of her WORK ROUTINE, it will really help. I did this when I was being bullied in year seven nine ten seven because I had a love of learning that nobody else seemed to understand, and it turned me into the person I am now. I did point that out Jennifer - or whatever she's called - and I'm sure my advice and kindness will help her forget about her son's sewicide very soon. He did take a lot of drugs such as cigarettes and coffee and failed his exams, so it's not really a surprise he died. In Victorian times boys would often die in childhood, which Jane said she was not interested in hearing about, but I find it quite fascinating.

I have suggested to some of the other working people in this office that they should contribute at least part of the money they earn to fund a memorial to Jocelyn's son, and I'm happy for my bank account to be used for them to deposit the funds into, because kindness is SO important. And so is the holocaust.

2. Sir Hugo said something to me about burlap and the meeting ended.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Has the KangaRoobster ever spoken to a man her own age? Her Exeter vlogs popped up and she doesn’t appear to have any male friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Has the KangaRoobster ever spoken to a man her own age? Her Exeter vlogs popped up and she doesn’t appear to have any male friends.
Only when arranged through her agency for business/content purposes (e.g. Jack Edwards).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Just in case anyone got the impression that Ruby went to London alone...
Screenshot_20220114-192509_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-192529_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Why is she so obsessed with Matilda?? I swear anytime there is a picture or poster thing about it she does this pose lol
It's about a gifted child genius loves to read in a world full of bullies and ignorant fools who like to do things like (gasp!) watch TV. She gets revenge on her bullies, all the people who don't appreciate her genius get their comeuppance and the family who don't understand her go to jail and she gets adopted by a smart, kindhearted teacher.

That's ultimate wish fulfilment for Ruby, who wishes she was still a child and sees herself as a misunderstood young bookworm genius in a world full of simpletons and bullies who don't appreciate her.

The only real similarity between Matilda's life and Ruby's, however, is that both their fathers are running corrupt money-making schemes.

In fact, Ruby has infinitely more in common with Matilda's father, Harry Wormwood. They're both greedy, dishonest, selfish, belittling people. Both care more about money than other people. Both have dodgy businesses that run on selling people a product that's inferior and defective and they knowingly charge substantially more for their faulty goods than they're worth, swindling their customers out of their money in exchange for a heap of junk.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
View attachment 989543
View attachment 989542
Off topic, but this is the best outfit I've seen her wear in a long time. No weird pseudo vintage Miss Patina stuff, the colors match and it looks age appropiate. I think it would look even better if the skirt didn't have that awkward length but that's probably asking for too much.

On the topic of outfits, I wonder why neither Marfa nor mother Granger ever give her some fashion advice. Specially Marfa. I have a younger brother that doesn't care about fashion at all, and if I see him wearing super wrinkled clothes or clothes that don't fit him, I will tell him. It seems like no one taught her the basics about fashion (why does she never tuck her shirts into her skirts??)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Off topic, but this is the best outfit I've seen her wear in a long time. No weird pseudo vintage Miss Patina stuff, the colors match and it looks age appropiate. I think it would look even better if the skirt didn't have that awkward length but that's probably asking for too much from Ruby.
Would be even better if Roobe had a haircut. She probably thinks it's very lady-like and ass-thetic :rolleyes: but her hair looks unkempt to me.

View attachment 989543
View attachment 989542
The sheer audacity of these people. I just can't. Covid numbers are sky-high and there are SO many people isolating at home. Seeing Mother Granger and Roobe post all these pictures of their outings and many trips to London makes me want to vomit. I just can't even.

Reactions: 14
Off topic, but this is the best outfit I've seen her wear in a long time. No weird pseudo vintage Miss Patina stuff, the colors match and it looks age appropiate. I think it would look even better if the skirt didn't have that awkward length but that's probably asking for too much from Ruby.
She's still unable to wear a beret correctly. (Although maybe I am being hyper-critical having spent too long in the company of the Bright Young Things?)

Reactions: 6
the worst part about that matilda pose poster is that it’s in the tube station😭 imagine just trying to get to work and your every exit is blocked by her twirling and power posing all over the place

• Haha
Reactions: 23
OT but I’m watching the 2nd Harry Potter with my boyfriend and Hermione has said all but 3 lines and I’m cringing so much. Ruby has literally taken her exact time of voice, accent, and pitch I can’t stand it

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Off topic, but this is the best outfit I've seen her wear in a long time. No weird pseudo vintage Miss Patina stuff, the colors match and it looks age appropiate. I think it would look even better if the skirt didn't have that awkward length but that's probably asking for too much.

On the topic of outfits, I wonder why neither Marfa nor mother Granger ever give her some fashion advice. Specially Marfa. I have a younger brother that doesn't care about fashion at all, and if I see him wearing super wrinkled clothes or clothes that don't fit him, I will tell him. It seems like no one taught her the basics about fashion (why does she never tuck her shirts into her skirts??)
Idk I feel like she's still going for a Railway Children look and the red jacket seems ill fitting

Screenshot_20220114-210506_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-210555_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Would be even better if Roobe had a haircut. She probably thinks it's very lady-like and ass-thetic :rolleyes: but her hair looks unkempt to
Yeah, I agree. I think a bob or a shoulder length haircuit would suit her. She could even afford to get more elaborate haircuits like layers or curtain bangs, since her hair is pretty flat.

I don't see the appeal of keeping hair that long, really. Past a certain length it already looks really long and growing it even more adds nothing.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.