Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you think will happen after university to the Blakeney/Ruby partnership? On the one hand, Ruby will no longer have any use for Blakeney, after she has used all her critical reading notes. On the other hand, she has nobody else in her life.

Personally, I think it will not end well. I just hope Blakeney has the sense not to get into a rowing boat with her in open water...
Tom Ripley.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What do you think will happen after university to the Blakeney/Ruby partnership? On the one hand, Ruby will no longer have any use for Blakeney, after she has used all her critical reading notes. On the other hand, she has nobody else in her life.
I think a lot of uni friendships become more difficult to maintain once you've both moved to different areas, got new jobs, etc. Of course, some stay really strong despite all of that, but I'm not sure it'll happen with Blakeney and Ruby. I can imagine them staying in touch on social media and meeting up once or twice a year, though.

On the subject of Emma Watson, I actually know very little about her outside of her role as Hermione. That said, I've seen her making space on her platform for black feminist voices and she's also interviewed non-white feminists So I'm not sure how much the criticism of her being a 'white feminist' really applies? It makes me wonder what would've happened if Rubes had idolised Luna/Evanna Lynch instead of Hermione.

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of uni friendships become more difficult to maintain once you've both moved to different areas, got new jobs, etc. Of course, some stay really strong despite all of that, but I'm not sure it'll happen with Blakeney and Ruby. I can imagine them staying in touch on social media and meeting up once or twice a year, though.

On the subject of Emma Watson, I actually know very little about her outside of her role as Hermione. That said, I've seen her making space on her platform for black feminist voices and she's also interviewed non-white feminists So I'm not sure how much the criticism of her being a 'white feminist' really applies? It makes me wonder what would've happened if Rubes had idolised Luna/Evanna Lynch instead of Hermione.
Is there something wrong with Evanna Lynch? I thought she was unproblematic, not that I've been keeping up with her though. Was she the one that recovered from an ED?

Reactions: 1
her skirt length is so awkward... very much reminds me of 1) the kind of skirts/dresses I wore in primary school (lol) and 2) modest christian girl outfits... I'm curious if Ruby genuinely likes these skirt lengths or if she feels anything shorter would be 'inappropriate'. don't get me wrong if you're dressing modestly for religious reasons that's great!! but ruby's not particularly religious isn't she?? correct me if I'm wrong though
Ruby has described her dress style as "wholesome" several times.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Is there something wrong with Evanna Lynch? I thought she was unproblematic, not that I've been keeping up with her though. Was she the one that recovered from an ED?
Nothing wrong with Evanna Lynch afaik! I just think both she and her character Luna have very different vibes to Emma Watson and Hermione. Seeing as Ruby has emulated Hermione to the point where it's shaped her personality, I wonder what Ruby Lovegood would have been like haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nothing wrong with Evanna Lynch afaik! I just think both she and her character Luna have very different vibes to Emma Watson and Hermione. Seeing as Ruby has emulated Hermione to the point where it's shaped her personality, I wonder what Ruby Lovegood would have been like haha.
Whichever way she'd still be twirling in fields

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Scrolling the the comments of Robot's latest video, someone asked how she chose the follower to send a gift to:

Here is the Google form
The creepy, GDPR-breaking form now no longer breaks GDPR rules (ie. under-16s can't enter). Hooray for small wins?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
There are few certainties in life, but one thing you can be sure of is that Ruby Granger will always be twirling in fields.
AC-SHULLY the correct quote is: "nothing is certain in life but Ruby twirling in fields and her father not paying his taxes."

• Haha
Reactions: 12
her skirt length is so awkward... very much reminds me of 1) the kind of skirts/dresses I wore in primary school (lol) and 2) modest christian girl outfits... I'm curious if Ruby genuinely likes these skirt lengths or if she feels anything shorter would be 'inappropriate'. don't get me wrong if you're dressing modestly for religious reasons that's great!! but ruby's not particularly religious isn't she?? correct me if I'm wrong though
I think that the length of her skirts isn't the problem, but its shape is. It doesn't flatter her in the slightest and the fact that she can't make proper outfits doesn't help (which is fine if you don't pretend to play dress-up 24/7 and make lookbook videos whenever you need some extra money...).

Considering how obsessed she is with the Victorian aesthetic and wanting to look like a child, I'm actually pretty surprised she never took interest into classic lolita fashion. It's modest, doll-like, the skirts twirl, some outfits definitely can have the dark academia feels she tries to achieve... And she is wealthy enough to buy brand pieces. It also doesn't look as childish as her current clothes while still maintaining a """student vibe""" in a mature way.
09394be9ddc6dcbca6677d2f8e2a2780.jpg

tumblr_p3186tFP6u1qecu65o1_1280.jpg

759c944c96c0115ed733487e46fd10b5.jpg

Credits: fannyrosie on Instagram.
My main theory is that it's a fashion which asks for a lot of effort when it comes to styling your hair, taking care of your personal hygiene, being a bit delicate/considerate of her clothes (I can imagine Ruby putting melted wax on the cuffs of her shirts often, or just throwing them on the floor whenever she needs an outfit change) and learning basic color theory so it might be why she never dared to dwell into it, but it's just a random thought.
It would be nice if she took some time to properly style her hair (wanting long hair is understandable but she should trim it a bit from time to time), wear clothes that aren't ill-fitting and just invest a bit of all of her free time into her general appearance. She's far from being ugly and it would benefit her a lot by making her look more down-to-earth and serious while still keeping her general Ruby Granger aura she refuses to let go. It would be a good start imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
it's funny how ruby's real surname is the surname of a character in harry potter anyway (susan bones). i doubt she keeps granger because she loves the harry potter series itself (anymore?), rather to uphold her image of a bad hermione granger clone in which she takes all of her worst traits and makes them worse lol, as many people have said here already

also saw this on tiktok - fashion predictions for this year are that "twee" will be back in so maybe ruby will feel more in her element looking like an evacuee !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The creepy, GDPR-breaking form now no longer breaks GDPR rules (ie. under-16s can't enter). Hooray for small wins?
I think that’s more of a safeguarding issue than GDPR, tbh - it’s still a win but she’s not really much better. If there’s isn’t a genuine need to collect the data, and if she’s combining details from a PP order with identifiable information, and if she’s not including a statement about what she’s doing with the data and how long it’ll be kept and where, then she’s still walking a thin line, legally. And that’s apart from the issues around having to buy something to be entered, and her ‘random’ picking of giveaway ‘winners’ …

Reactions: 13
Ruby Granger never did anything in real life for people of colour
Hey now, let's not forget that Ruby repeatedly lied about reading Vee's book and inserted undeclared ads for her book in a bunch of content and attended her book launch to give lots of free publicity to a first-time author who's a person of colour!

Just kidding, Ruby only did that because her agency wanted her and other people to do it. Ruby doesn't remotely care about people of colour. Or people who aren't Ruby.

But she did make sure to prominently feature and reuse a photo of her with a young black woman as part of one of her "treasured memories" photo collages, even though this was the first and last time she'd ever interacted with that person. Because she has tonnes of friends who aren't privileged young white girls, honest!

I think that’s more of a safeguarding issue than GDPR, tbh - it’s still a win but she’s not really much better. If there’s isn’t a genuine need to collect the data, and if she’s combining details from a PP order with identifiable information, and if she’s not including a statement about what she’s doing with the data and how long it’ll be kept and where, then she’s still walking a thin line, legally. And that’s apart from the issues around having to buy something to be entered, and her ‘random’ picking of giveaway ‘winners’ …
There's now a quick "Don't fill out this form unless you want your information to be stored for letter-writing purposes."

Which is better than before but still far too vague and nebulous. She really should've pulled this form and done what she should've done in the first place - spoke to her agency about her intentions and asked their legal team to draft an appropriate legal disclaimer and scrapped the requirement to have purchased products, or just set up a PO box for fan correspondence. Instead, she constantly thinks she knows and can do better than anyone else, and digs herself deeper.

Besides, Ruby likely already got a bunch of entries from pre-teens, so she'll just spend all her letter-writing effort sifting through and responding to the tea-loving 12-year-old Ruby-alikes in those.

Reactions: 15
Could anybody tell me what the character limit for thread titles is...?

Because I have quite the idea lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Personally, I think it will not end well. I just hope Blakeney has the sense not to get into a rowing boat with her in open water...View attachment 990656
I have a feeling Ruby is too arrogant to think befriend a peer like Blakeny. Ruby might try to social climb and befriend people who are of use to her like more popular studytuber ... Unjaded Jade, u better watch out!

Honestly, I think the only studytuber who produces useful content is Ali Abdaal with his money/stuyding hacks
Ruby is the worst of out all of them obvs, but they'are all fundamentally the same

• Sick
Reactions: 2
!There's now a quick "Don't fill out this form unless you want your information to be stored for letter-writing purposes."

Which is better than before but still far too vague and nebulous. She really should've pulled this form and done what she should've done in the first place - spoke to her agency about her intentions and asked their legal team to draft an appropriate legal disclaimer and scrapped the requirement to have purchased products, or just set up a PO box for fan correspondence. Instead, she constantly thinks she knows and can do better than anyone else, and digs herself deeper.

Besides, Ruby likely already got a bunch of entries from pre-teens, so she'll just spend all her letter-writing effort sifting through and responding to the tea-loving 12-year-old Ruby-alikes in those.
Ruby is a classic example if the Dunning-Kruger effect, in that she doesn’t know how little she knows about certain things, and just goes on her own merry way - which is actually quite dangerous. Organisations have whole teams of people who’ve built careers out of knowing about stuff like data protection, but Ruby just half-asses it and assumes she must be right.

What is interesting though is that she (or someone associated with her) must be reading here as there’s no way that Ruby thought of not allowing under 16s to enter and adding some kind of data statement herself. The whole thing is still a safeguarding and data nightmare but it’s clear that someone’s said something …

Reactions: 18
I have a feeling Ruby is too arrogant to think befriend a peer like Blakeny. Ruby might try to social climb and befriend people who are of use to her like more popular studytuber ... Unjaded Jade, u better watch out!

Honestly, I think the only studytuber who produces useful content is Ali Abdaal with his money/stuyding hacks
Ruby is the worst of out all of them obvs, but they'are all fundamentally the same
Ali Abdaal makes up for having semi-useful content by being unbearably smug and arrogant though 🙃 They’re all trash pretty much.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.