Ruby Granger #22 I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dislike her hair so much lmao sorry if I'm blunt

Also in that last picture from the back she literally looks like a WW2 orphan being evacuated to the countryside
Same, the style is just bad lol. Primary school vibes 💀

Reactions: 9
That red jacket is literally awful. Real Margaret Thatcher vibes 😣

I totally get what Ruby is going for with her fashion choices - like, that twee/preppy style that was popular among bookworm types on Tumblr in 2010, mixed with vintage and period type clothing. I've always thought she looked a bit like a young Kathy from the film adaptation of Never Let Me Go.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have a shred of actual taste, so she variably ends up dressing either like a ten-year-old child or a sixty-year-old woman.

Reactions: 22
I dislike her hair so much lmao sorry if I'm blunt

Also in that last picture from the back she literally looks like a WW2 orphan being evacuated to the countryside
I’ve just realised Ruby is exactly the kind of person who would write an IG caption about how she can relate to kindertransport / evacuee children because they lived out suitcases which is *just* like her because she also lives out of a suitcase, completely ignoring the irony that she does that out of choice because she goes *to* her parents rather than being separated from them for any longer than a week 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
It's about a gifted child genius loves to read in a world full of bullies and ignorant fools who like to do things like (gasp!) watch TV. She gets revenge on her bullies, all the people who don't appreciate her genius get their comeuppance and the family who don't understand her go to jail and she gets adopted by a smart, kindhearted teacher.

That's ultimate wish fulfilment for Ruby, who wishes she was still a child and sees herself as a misunderstood young bookworm genius in a world full of simpletons and bullies who don't appreciate her.

The only real similarity between Matilda's life and Ruby's, however, is that both their fathers are running corrupt money-making schemes.

In fact, Ruby has infinitely more in common with Matilda's father, Harry Wormwood. They're both greedy, dishonest, selfish, belittling people. Both care more about money than other people. Both have dodgy businesses that run on selling people a product that's inferior and defective and they knowingly charge substantially more for their faulty goods than they're worth, swindling their customers out of their money in exchange for a heap of junk.
I find all this really sad, from when I used to like Ruby (despite herself) ... but I can't disagree with any of this. I suspect she probably buries her head in the sand about what she's doing. But she needs to take time off youtube, seek therapy, and reflect on how things have gone wrong.

Reactions: 11
Idk I feel like she's still going for a Railway Children look and the red jacket seems ill fitting

View attachment 989784

View attachment 989783
The Thatcher jacket is back, I see. Wasn't that her mother's? Unless I've hallucinated it, she mentioned wearing some of her mother's clothes etc and this jacket was one of them?

she'd probably take the evacuee comment as a compliment. I agree about the hair, I think her hair is gorgeous (quality-wise) but it's so awkward. No surprise, her mother cuts it and judging by the way she almost yanks her scalp off in the videos, Ruby isn't really gentle with it either.

Reactions: 6
Wildly off-topic, but I just came across this and as a total book-hoarder, I'm here for it! I could totally see myself collecting vintage Penguin books 😂 Ruby, on the other hand, despite all her supposed love for all things vintage / book-related? Probably not!

Reactions: 4
I don't see the appeal of keeping hair that long, really. Past a certain length it already looks really long and growing it even more adds nothing.
For Ruby, it's likely a case of wanting to keep her hair the same length and style as it has been for the last couple of years so that she can reuse old footage from days/weeks/months prior as much as possible without another glaring continuity error like a spontaneously appearing fringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Considering how much she claims to love Oscar Wilde I’d love to see how she’d manage to get “Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast” into one of her IG captions 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am not surprised Ruby Granger copies Emma Watson's Hermione Granger
1642242988588.png

All 3 personalities believe they are better than 'other girls' bc they are academic and aren't into 'girly' pursuits like partying
And Emma Watson actually travelled abroad during the pandemic, used helicopters/private jets and used the Panama Papers for tax evasion despite marketing herself as a fierce feminist/eco-warrior who cares about the NHS
Ruby takes notes from Emma Watson's PR image-- Ruby pretends to be a kind eco-friendly anti-bullying advocate when she her consumption habits are actually very bad for the environment, she has never been bullied ( nobody could stand her snobby personality) and she is not particularly kind ( she takes money from charities and has never done anything substantial with her money/time/platform for others)
All 3 personalities also don't have friends of colour and disregards people of colour from their 'activism'
Emma W was criticised for being a 'white feminist' whose feminism was only for rich white women
Hermione never did anything in the books for people of colour
Ruby Granger never did anything in real life for people of colour

• Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 990583
All 3 personalities believe they are better than 'other girls' bc they are academic and aren't into 'girly' pursuits like partying
And Emma Watson actually travelled abroad during the pandemic, used helicopters/private jets and used the Panama Papers for tax evasion despite marketing herself as a fierce feminist/eco-warrior who cares about the NHS
Ruby takes notes from Emma Watson's PR image-- Ruby pretends to be a kind eco-friendly anti-bullying advocate when she her consumption habits are actually very bad for the environment, she has never been bullied ( nobody could stand her snobby personality) and she is not particularly kind ( she takes money from charities and has never done anything substantial with her money/time/platform for others)
All 3 personalities also don't have friends of colour and disregards people of colour from their 'activism'
Emma W was criticised for being a 'white feminist' whose feminism was only for rich white women
Give Hermione a break haha. JK Rowling barely wrote in any people of colour for Hermione to advocate for, she had to resort to liberating house elves against their will 😂. At least we can say she did what she could with the platform she was given and unlike Ruby and Emma Watson, in her fictional world, she was a part of a marginalised group despite being a white woman.

Reactions: 37
View attachment 990583
Your username suggests that you are coming here because you have a specific vendetta against Emma Watson, which is....weird

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Your username suggests that you are coming here because you have a specific vendetta against Emma Watson, which is....weird
I have a specific vendetta against celebs who claim to be ethical/activists/humanitarians but in real life are nothing like they portray in their PR image
These celebs like Emma W and Ruby G are taking vital space/attention/time from REAL activists

Reactions: 1
Give Hermione a break haha. JK Rowling barely wrote in any people of colour for Hermione to advocate for, she had to resort to liberating house elves against their will 😂. At least we can say she did what she could with the platform she was given and unlike Ruby and Emma Watson, in her fictional world, she was a part of a marginalised group despite being a white woman.
I agree...I am just concerned that these white 'activists' like Ruby Granger never care about the real struggles of people of colour and resort to making up struggle stories about themselves (bullying) just to have something to advocate for

Reactions: 2
Just in case anyone got the impression that Ruby went to London alone...
At first I was rolling my eyes - not just about Ruby being taken to the theatre by her mother, but also her shoddy attempts to present it otherwise. Then, it started to make me feel incredibly sad. She has been at university for almost 4 years now - I know that the pandemic has disrupted this somewhat - but she has entirely wasted the opportunity to make friends and broaden her horizons. When I think back to being her age, I was friends with so many people at university who were from so many different walks of life. The fact she has one friend who she leeches onto and spends all her time with her parents is just sad.

Reactions: 24
her skirt length is so awkward... very much reminds me of 1) the kind of skirts/dresses I wore in primary school (lol) and 2) modest christian girl outfits... I'm curious if Ruby genuinely likes these skirt lengths or if she feels anything shorter would be 'inappropriate'. don't get me wrong if you're dressing modestly for religious reasons that's great!! but ruby's not particularly religious isn't she?? correct me if I'm wrong though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.