Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean tbf until they started running out like a week ago the NHS was passing out lfts like candy so it's not the sort of thing everyone needs to write on a planner. Though 1. Ruby would write it in a planner since it's like as much work as making a bed and 2. I'm at least as messy as Rubes (I apologize to the world but I least I don't distribute pictures of it online) and I've got the packaging of the tests lying around everywhere. You'd think she would too if she were taking them that often

Reactions: 4
Not sure why I think this but didn’t she used to have a Lib Dem badge on her backpack?
I’m sure I’ve said this before but that was during that brief period when we had a Tory/Lib Dem coalition, so all of those Tory voters could pretend that they weren’t quite so right-wing and that actually, they all really, really liked Nick Clegg. At that point, iirc Ruby would also have been too young to vote anyway so it’s a moot point.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I mean, there was a whole summer she spent reading that David Cameron biography and also, more recently, that Rees-Mogg book on victorians. Usually, I'd ascribe it to intellectual curiosity but with Ruby it really sticks out of her usual repertoire of children's books and half-digested academic articles and since we know she doesn't really try to explore beyond her limits of class (unless it's a romantic tale of dickensian orphans breaking out of poverty, ofc) I'd say it aligns very well with her values. As far as I'm aware, she still hasn't intellectually acknowledged colonialism in any way so she definitely has a long way to go with her public political engagement 😬

Reactions: 12
Speaking of her values, does anyone else remember her saying that shes not a Christian as in she doesn't believe in God, but saying that her morals align a lot with those of Christianity? It just stood out to me because I often hear that people believe in God but don't agree with Christian moral teachings, and for Ruby it is/was the other way around.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Speaking of her values, does anyone else remember her saying that shes not a Christian as in she doesn't believe in God, but saying that her morals align a lot with those of Christianity? It just stood out to me because I often hear that people believe in God but don't agree with Christian moral teachings, and for Ruby it is/was the other way around.
This is interesting to me as I’ve heard lots of people say the same thing as Ruby!

That the ideas of Christianity (golden rule for example) resonate but they don’t believe in God. I think the reason is that most religions when it boils down to it share similar ideas and so that’s why people can identify with or resonate with the ideas. They’re all moral foundations for how you should live your life. This is only to a point of course (I’m thinking more don’t murder/commit adultery/steal)

Reactions: 3
Come to think of it, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Ruby was the sort of person who didn't vote. She doesn't seem to know or care much about politics - the only social or political issue I've seen her talk about without being sponsored is sustainability and the environment, and even then she doesn't practice what she preaches. Overconsumption is still overconsumption if you're accepting free tit from brands rather than buying it.

Also lol if it's true that Ruby used to have a Lib Dem badge. I bet that's her parents' influence - they seem exactly the sort of ✨quirky✨ middle class people who'd have wishy-washy centrist political views, if any at all.

Reactions: 23
I mean, there was a whole summer she spent reading that David Cameron biography and also, more recently, that Rees-Mogg book on victorians. Usually, I'd ascribe it to intellectual curiosity but with Ruby it really sticks out of her usual repertoire of children's books and half-digested academic articles and since we know she doesn't really try to explore beyond her limits of class (unless it's a romantic tale of dickensian orphans breaking out of poverty, ofc) I'd say it aligns very well with her values. As far as I'm aware, she still hasn't intellectually acknowledged colonialism in any way so she definitely has a long way to go with her public political engagement 😬
I bet she’d love to be spawn of Rees-Mogg.

• Haha
  • Sick
This is interesting to me as I’ve heard lots of people say the same thing as Ruby!

That the ideas of Christianity (golden rule for example) resonate but they don’t believe in God. I think the reason is that most religions when it boils down to it share similar ideas and so that’s why people can identify with or resonate with the ideas. They’re all moral foundations for how you should live your life. This is only to a point of course (I’m thinking more don’t murder/commit adultery/steal)
Definitely, I mean technically our whole society is based on the values. I just found it interesting that she also used to listen to daily sermons and read in the bible almost every day although shes not really a Christian.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, this is one of the big signs. I don't know why anyone would suffer through those books unless they genuinely looked up to either person.

There's also the fact that the newspapers of choice in her household are exclusively right-wing rags.

In her daily vlogs, she used to proudly announce that she'd read the morning paper to seem intelligent and then show the Telegraph, the Daily Mail or the Sunday Times - papers of choice for Tories. Then she stopped showing them after people noticed and queried her political views (which is around the time she suddenly made a point to show her Lib Dem pin, which is about as much proof that she voted Lib Dem as her NASA shirt is proof that she's been to the moon).

Her parents are absolutely Tories. Wealthy. Tax-dodging. Casually racist and xenophobic in public forums. They read the Torygraph.

Ruby's dumb as a rock, but she's at least smart enough to know that admitting to being a Tory would be brand suicide for a young YouTuber who claims to be all about kindness and sustainability (and we already know how little she cares about living up to either quality).

If she even answered the question now, you'd get the same purposefully vague and weird answer as she gave about her vaccine. "I'm almost maybe pretty sure I voted Green Party." That or she'd poll all her followers to get the favourite and lie that she voted for them, too.

She's a Tory. I'd stake money on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On the topic of Ruby and Christianity I was looking through Ruby's goodreads to see what she's read and stumbled upon this

1639957542454.png

1639957572463.png

As usual, her review says next to nothing about the actual content of the book. Anyway, seems an odd choice for ethics a level.
It appears to be written by a closeted gay pastor who says the Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin and urges readers to share the gospel with gay people. Ruby...what?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
On the topic of Ruby and Christianity I was looking through Ruby's goodreads to see what she's read and stumbled upon this

View attachment 933789
View attachment 933791

As usual, her review says next to nothing about the actual content of the book. Anyway, seems an odd choice for ethics a level.
It appears to be written by a closeted gay pastor who says the Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin and urges readers to share the gospel with gay people. Ruby...what?
"somewhat upsetting" i haven't read this book (nor would i like to) but yes i would think so ????

• Haha
Reactions: 12
0845950D-1C42-4155-9B08-2C2597BA026D.png

what the heck does any of this have to do with eachother ?!? planner + handcream = productivity??? or aesthetic???

Untitled00.jpg

And once again, she clearly didn't read the room before posting that.

If she had, she might've thought twice before bragging about how she's been having lovely week of doing duck all (and going out on London 'rona expeditions, which she conveniently doesn't mention here) while all the complaints and queries on her Pumpkin Productivity profile go unanswered.

The last post on there is endless amounts of people asking for updates and now refunds as their orders go unshipped and they all get ghosted by Ruby and PP/Sixteenth's customer service intern.

Ruby will pass the blame, but she herself runs the Pumpkin Productivity Instagram account, so she's got no excuse for ghosting everyone.

View attachment 934355
what the heck does any of this have to do with eachother ?!? planner + handcream = productivity??? or aesthetic???
  • "Find artist" - Ruby's going to search high and low for someone new to scribble crappy doodles for next year's near-identical planner design.
  • "Plan Vict. Christmas" - Oh, great. More Victorian routine videos.
  • "Expenses" - Ruby's probably going to get her daddy's advice as to what random non-business purchases she can write off as a business expense.
  • "Shops with Marfa and Mum" - Because they didn't do enough maskless shopping last week apparently.
  • "Sixteenth feedback" - If this is anything more positive than "Ruby, you're a PR nightmare and your products aren't selling well anymore. We can no longer represent you", then someone's not doing their job.

And you're really sticking with that letter writing topic for your dissertation, huh, Ruby?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.