Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What ones the Waterstones video? Last upload is Christmas gift guide :)

Reactions: 1
... to the point of pure obnoxiousness - even the picture directly behind her in that video. I think there's a moment in Erimenthol Porcupine based on that exact picture, trying to paint her as the hard-done-by smartest kid in the class, because cutting in to yell about your knowledge when a classmate is obviously struggling is the most considerate thing to do, obviously.
There's so much that can be learned from these characters, if that's where you choose to derive your role models. But she takes all of the worst lessons from the point before the character development has started, and it says so much about her.
Ruby has chosen to portray herself as a "kindness campaigner" and has made anti-bullying her special niche (despite either giving no or terrible advice). Why then does she practically fetishize this moment where Hermione is terribly unkind, even verging on bullying, towards Ron? And I say this as a Hermione fan who rather dislikes Ron. It's quite unpleasant in the books the way Hermione sneers at him for not getting it right, and Emma Watson plays it even nastier in the movie...and yet it was Ruby's go to phrase when showing off her perfect Emma Watson imitation. She mimics it with such relish and such unawareness about how mean it is.

It's very Erimentha and sadly said a lot about Ruby at the time. I imagine she thought Ron was the bully for how he then rather truthfully says Hermione is a nightmare who doesn't have any friends. Just like Erimentha. I hope that Ruby has moved on from this, like Hermione, and realizes it's a bad attitude, but sometimes I doubt that when I see she's still selling Erimentha online.

(Of course, also knowing Ruby, that could just be for the £££. It's sad, but even though I took the piss out of her book, Ruby had been growing on me especially when I saw how harmful Jade and Holly were being to their viewers. I did believe for some time in her kindness initiative. Now she's getting just as bad. )

Reactions: 19
Unless she's reusing old footage, it looks like Ruby's in London AGAIN. After Sadiq Khan has declared a major incident because of the spiralling Omicron cases.
I assumed it was all the same trip from the other day, but her mother's wearing different clothes/necklace - red pearls in one trip, green in another. Definitely different trips.

Reactions: 4
Ruby has chosen to portray herself as a "kindness campaigner" and has made anti-bullying her special niche (despite either giving no or terrible advice). Why then does she practically fetishize this moment where Hermione is terribly unkind, even verging on bullying, towards Ron? And I say this as a Hermione fan who rather dislikes Ron. It's quite unpleasant in the books the way Hermione sneers at him for not getting it right, and Emma Watson plays it even nastier in the movie...and yet it was Ruby's go to phrase when showing off her perfect Emma Watson imitation. She mimics it with such relish and such unawareness about how mean it is.

It's very Erimentha and sadly said a lot about Ruby at the time. I imagine she thought Ron was the bully for how he then rather truthfully says Hermione is a nightmare who doesn't have any friends. Just like Erimentha. I hope that Ruby has moved on from this, like Hermione, and realizes it's a bad attitude, but sometimes I doubt that when I see she's still selling Erimentha online.

(Of course, also knowing Ruby, that could just be for the £££. It's sad, but even though I took the piss out of her book, Ruby had been growing on me especially when I saw how harmful Jade and Holly were being to their viewers. I did believe for some time in her kindness initiative. Now she's getting just as bad. )
Exactly! Actually IMO, Erimenthol is like a much nastier, more obnoxious version of Hermione who is constantly playing the victim. Even at the end of the first book Hermione grew up a bit, Erimenthol never changed and had zero redeemable or interesting qualities.

Just waiting for the sequel to come out where she's in sixth form and is applying to top universities and feels "bullied' because no one wants to join her extra homework society that involves doing pointless projects that were never assigned and harassing teachers after lessons.

Reactions: 15
Exactly! Actually IMO, Erimenthol is like a much nastier, more obnoxious version of Hermione who is constantly playing the victim. Even at the end of the first book Hermione grew up a bit, Erimenthol never changed and had zero redeemable or interesting qualities.

Just waiting for the sequel to come out where she's in sixth form and is applying to top universities and feels "bullied' because no one wants to join her extra homework society that involves doing pointless projects that were never assigned and harassing teachers after lessons.
I'd only read it if it was written by gossip_guy...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Yes! All of this! The way Hermione is in the first book makes her character development all the better. She goes on such a journey - finding the balance between book-smart and life-smart, learning how the world works and learning to be genuinely kind, while also remaining flawed and imperfec. And yet the parts that Ruby chose to imitate and model her personality on were the times when Hermione was being the least kind.

I think if Ruby had genuinely moved on from it, she'd have stopped pushing Erimentha in the description of every video, or privated/unlisted some of the Hermione videos. Instead, she's still making a profit off it all.

I'm also still fucked off cough meds so I'll keep clogging up the thread with mediocre memes :ROFLMAO:

1639878424499.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm not turning this into a Covid thread but do your research and look at the science..Most dying are unvaccinated . The variant is extremely mild compared to March 2020 and results in less hospitalisations when vaccinated as people should be. I'll bet most spreading it are unvaccinated, non mask wearers who mingle and don't social distance.
Again according to that definition state security isn;t being threatened, there's been no breakdown of the communications systems etc etc..

Now back to Ruby... why does she go to London ? Don't they have a Waterstones where she lives?
B36F6905-EBF6-41C9-A931-632A4D76D755.jpeg

someone in my family just got omicron even with double Pfizer AND a booster, so no, it’s not just the unvaxxed spreading it

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Do you guys think that her winter semester will be done at home, seeing how covid cases are rising again? If so she's probably quite pleased.

Reactions: 5
I'm not turning this into a Covid thread but do your research and look at the science..Most dying are unvaccinated . The variant is extremely mild compared to March 2020 and results in less hospitalisations when vaccinated as people should be. I'll bet most spreading it are unvaccinated, non mask wearers who mingle and don't social distance.
Again according to that definition state security isn;t being threatened, there's been no breakdown of the communications systems etc etc..

Now back to Ruby... why does she go to London ? Don't they have a Waterstones where she lives?
Aside from the fact that you're wrong about Omicron - people who have been fully vaccinated are getting it - the fact that it's mostly affecting unvaccinated people doesnt change the fact that the NHS is obliged to treat people who are seriously ill with covid, and this has a knock on impact on other services. I'd recommend that you yourself 'do your research' and listen to the recommendations of actual experts such as SAGE.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 932024

Are you forgetting about her "incessant optimism"? Because Ruby sure did when she was writing it.
more intelligent… true, even if not in the way she had intended it to be

also i am now going to start thread title suggestion season: Ruby Granger #21 - You really should be eating something more nutritious!

ah dang I think I skipped a page and I just saw that @kit kat had already mentioned this phrase, sorry for stealing your idea (I didn’t intend to I promise)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
In Erimentha's defence, she never would have abandoned her book club the way Ruby has.

But everyone else would have left it to get away from her.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In Erimentha's defence, she never would have abandoned her book club the way Ruby has.

But everyone else would have left it to get away from her.
Even after they left the club, she would enforce the LAMINATED RULES of things they are not allowed to read about by causing the word "sneak" to appear magically all over their faces in the form of a nasty rash so that everyone can see what hussies they are.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Genuine question--are hot water bottles very common in the UK? Or is it just a Ruby thing? I'm pretty sure there are videos where Blakeney has one too, but maybe their house isn't insulated enough? I have many questions... I honestly don't know anyone who owns one in my country (and I live somewhere that gets fairly cold). I can see how using one might be nice every so often, but Ruby uses one ALL the time???
Ruby is a victoriana ghost hence why she feels the cold.

View attachment 932009

someone in my family just got omicron even with double Pfizer AND a booster, so no, it’s not just the unvaxxed spreading it
Yes, at this point it is likely even the vaxxed will get it. But the vaxxed are, in general, less likely to get seriously ill. There are 14 people in hospital with Omicron. At the moment, the news coming out of South Africa is that, for the the vast majority of people, it is no worse than a common cold. We can't keep locking down our lives for months on end, for what is essentially a cold. Get vaxxed. Wear your mask. Social distance if possible. But to be honest, good on Ruby for not putting her life on hold again. She was clearly very very anxious about covid in the first few lockdowns, and if she can take a few steps to help herself get better, good on her

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.