Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you could explain what does that word means, it would be really helpful for us to join the conversation
The literal translation would be something like well-off neglect, or middle-class dilapidated, wealty shabbiness, something like that.

I'm sure I've seen someone use a much more colloquial term to express that earlier in the thread, but I can't think of it right now.

The idea of a home that's financially worth a lot, but not very well taken care of and falling apart and looking worse for wear in the way that only middle class people can get away with, whereas someone from a poorer financial bracket with a home in that state that would get social services sicced on them.

(Correct me if I'm wrong OP)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Posting it separately cos it got conglomerated in my last post-

Ruby Granger #21: Mouldy Christ-mess, ahverywyon!

Reactions: 7
I rewatched her ”What I got for Christmas 2020” as well, and it’s really striking how half of the things she ”loved syooo, syooo much” are just gone. Like, not all the books even showed up in her bookcase video, and we all know how she like to collect any and all books regardless of whether she intends to read them.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I rewatched her ”What I got for Christmas 2020” as well, and it’s really striking how half of the things she ”loved syooo, syooo much” are just gone. Like, not all the books even showed up in her bookcase video, and we all know how she like to collect any and all books regardless of whether she intends to read them.
Half the stuff she gets we never see again - which is fair considering someone who owns that much stuff cannot reasonably use all of it in their day to day life.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone here read the Adrian Mole series? I guarantee that the Pandora Braithwaite character would be one of Ruby's idols if she ever discovered the books. Just bringing this up because I was trying to read last night and HALLLO IT'S ROOOBEE BRAITHWAITE kept popping into my head. It was very distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So I was snooping around on Ruby's Goodreads because why not, and I was curious so I calculated the average length of the books she read this year. She read 134 books, for a total of 35.215 pages, so the average length of the books she read in 2021 was 262 pages. For comparison, my own average length for 2021 was 331 pages.
However we should keep in mind that she had to read several very long novels for uni that inevitably make up for the 100-page children's books she normally reads for pleasure

Reactions: 13
So I was snooping around on Ruby's Goodreads because why not, and I was curious so I calculated the average length of the books she read this year. She read 134 books, for a total of 35.215 pages, so the average length of the books she read in 2021 was 262 pages. For comparison, my own average length for 2021 was 331 pages.
However we should keep in mind that she had to read several very long novels for uni that inevitably make up for the 100-page children's books she normally reads for pleasure
I was just thinking about this and wondering what her stats would average out to - my average book length was 363 pages, and I read 16 Shakespeare plays last summer, all of which were under 100 pages.

Not to mention, she doesn’t actually read most of the books she lists on Goodreads.

Reactions: 8
Plus Ruby counts a book as having been read if she's flipped through it and skimmed the first couple of chapters

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.