Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Between Sparknotes, all her tutor's emails and notes, and all of the arguments and counterpoints from her seminars and Blakeney's Notion, she has the rigid skeleton of an essay with a thesis that she knows the person grading it will agree with, counterarguments provided by other students and a tonne of critical material because that's what she spent most of her time on.

All she has to do is put it all in her own words (and run it through a spellchecker and have Blakeney/a tutor proofread it to undo all her misspellings and malapropisms) and she has an essay that'll get a high grade with little effort and it's perfectly within the rules.

That might work great for the first two years where you're given strict, prewritten essay titles to choose from, but in a dissertation she now has none of the academic skills or ability required to function, and can't borrow ideas from other people, so it's no shock that she's floundering and hates uni now.
Why read the book you're meant to be writing about when you can skip to reading criticisms about the book you know nothing about to get started on your essay faster? #SoProductive

During my first year, a girl in my cohort used to do her essays by writing down everything she thought was correct about the topic, then reading around to find references that backed up her ideas. She never did any reading beforehand. She averaged 65 in first year, but then plummeted to 48 average in second year so she stopped doing assessments like that. It's a strategy that works for a while, but can't carry you through a whole degree - especially not a dissertation.

Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20211110-133541_Chrome.jpg

Ruby: I want to make the most of my last year at uni and plan to really immerse myself in uni culture and academia!

Also Ruby: I hate studying on campus.

Ruby: (Eats practically nothing for months on end)

Also Ruby: I wonder why I get tired so easily. Must be other students making too much noise and definitely not severe malnutrition.

It's also a fantastic and very professional business idea to make a post on the Instagram page for your "academic essentials" stationery company moaning about how much you dislike university and hate studying on campus.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I love when an outsider from a place romanticises a certain part of a place without realising how the locals interact with it

For example, my town has a gorgeous observatory at the top of a hill surrounded by woods which many people travel to visit. People always talk about how beautiful the surrounding woods are, not realising it's where local teens go to have sex, drink and smoke.

They're not wrong, the woods are gorgeous. Just funny seeing people view places and have a different experience with it.
I agree, it's funny watching places be romanticised, especially when you see influencers posting it online to portray this perfect life when actually its a very mundane, boring place just as any other. I went to Exeter uni, specifically st Lukes campus which Ruby seems to like taking photos of (its not where any of her classes are because its where the medical school and teacher training post grad courses were based and is quite far away from the main campus) and she makes it look so aesthetically pleasing. What she doesn't show is the fact that its on a constantly busy, noisy main road, theres a boarded up old police station right opposite, a run down swimming pool next to it and the entire building consists of regular brick buildings apart from that one part at the front where she takes her pictures. Funny how she never takes pictures in any other part of that campus, must be because it doesnt fit her dark academia theme!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I agree, it's funny watching places be romanticised, especially when you see influencers posting it online to portray this perfect life when actually its a very mundane, boring place just as any other. I went to Exeter uni, specifically st Lukes campus which Ruby seems to like taking photos of (its not where any of her classes are because its where the medical school and teacher training post grad courses were based and is quite far away from the main campus) and she makes it look so aesthetically pleasing. What she doesn't show is the fact that its on a constantly busy, noisy main road, theres a boarded up old police station right opposite, a run down swimming pool next to it and the entire building consists of regular brick buildings apart from that one part at the front where she takes her pictures. Funny how she never takes pictures in any other part of that campus, must be because it doesnt fit her dark academia theme!
Honestly, the way she portrays university is just so far from the truth of what it is actually like. I suppose the main reason she gets away with it is bc most of her followers are either kids who are still at school or people who live in other countries and don’t attend university in the UK.
It’s all so fake though, she makes it seem like everywhere looks like an old boarding school when in reality most universities consist of a few old buildings and loads of massive new buildings created to accommodate the increase in the numbers of students over the last 40 years.

Reactions: 28
Honestly, the way she portrays university is just so far from the truth of what it is actually like. I suppose the main reason she gets away with it is bc most of her followers are either kids who are still at school or people who live in other countries and don’t attend university in the UK.
It’s all so fake though, she makes it seem like everywhere looks like an old boarding school when in reality most universities consist of a few old buildings and loads of massive new buildings created to accommodate the increase in the numbers of students over the last 40 years.
Not to mention when i started university she was started what i thought would be her second year in philosphy and theology but then it came out that she changed courses to english lit. which is fair enough. But during my first year I IDOLISED her! i thought i would be needing to do work every hour of every day and thats what she showed on her insta most of the time. She even posted that video titled 'Why i don't take breaks' and I thought that it would be wrong to take breaks. I got so burned out in my first year and i kinda learned the hard way that taking breaks is not such a bad thing. and now she's talking about why its good to take breaks and have days off with friends. Thats not what you said before Roob but okay...

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Not to mention when i started university she was started what i thought would be her second year in philosphy and theology but then it came out that she changed courses to english lit. which is fair enough. But during my first year I IDOLISED her! i thought i would be needing to do work every hour of every day and thats what she showed on her insta most of the time. She even posted that video titled 'Why i don't take breaks' and I thought that it would be wrong to take breaks. I got so burned out in my first year and i kinda learned the hard way that taking breaks is not such a bad thing. and now she's talking about why its good to take breaks and have days off with friends. Thats not what you said before Roob but okay...
I think she's realising that her lifestyle isn't sustainable, and actually makes her miserable in the long run.

Reactions: 18
Sorry but the fact that their home is so ridiculously large daddy granger couldnt find mother granger at first after she fell is SENDING me
When you call them that it sounds like they're daddy bear and mother bear from Goldilocks

View attachment 857406

Ruby: I want to make the most of my last year at uni and plan to really immerse myself in uni culture and academia!

Also Ruby: I hate studying on campus.

Ruby: (Eats practically nothing for months on end)

Also Ruby: I wonder why I get tired so easily. Must be other students making too much noise and definitely not severe malnutrition.

It's also a fantastic and very professional business idea to make a post on the Instagram page for your "academic essentials" stationery company moaning about how much you dislike university and hate studying on campus.
I can't relate, I love studying on campus. I'm much more productive if I'm around other people who are studying

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So our organised QWEEN has an iPad AND a Kindle AND a remarkable tablet now??? why would you need it all?? to end up annotating pdfs on your kindle app on your macbook of all things?? ridiculous

Reactions: 22
Didn't she get #gifted a laptop not too long ago too?
yes the famous LG one but like that could be more justified because 1) it's an ad (not great but it's a purpose) 2) it's windows so in THEORY one could get one for softwares or things a mac couldn't do or windows could do better...

I don't see the point in having three tablets however.... that you paid money for...

Reactions: 1
She is absolutely morally bankrupt. She'll advertise anything if she gets paid enough (or gifted something fancy). The fact that she's rich enough to buy all this stuff herself and had to be gifted it shows how insincere it all is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
yes the famous LG one but like that could be more justified because 1) it's an ad (not great but it's a purpose) 2) it's windows so in THEORY one could get one for softwares or things a mac couldn't do or windows could do better...

I don't see the point in having three tablets however.... that you paid money for...
You don't understand. Rubins was kind enough to give the heavy layers of dust and the various carcasses of flies in her room the freedom of choice. They can now decide on which tablet they prefer to lay to rest for eternity. Let's be more compassionate, guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
"Just so the video is actually useful!"

*facepalm* is she trolling herself, us, or the whole planet?

Reactions: 5
Wait, she's making a video about overhyped study products, and she only wants questions about the Remarkable, the iPad and the MacBook Pro specifically? So...two products that she herself overhypes, and one gifted product that has zero hype surrounding it?

Since she only field questions about those three, you can already tell that this video isn't about overhyped products at all, and is just going to be framing Remarkable as the better study alternative to the "overhyped" iPad/MacBook while Ruby gets paid to say that about a gifted product she's barely used and will never use again.

She needs to take a long, hard look at herself, preferably on a one-way trip to space in a gifted trip on Jeff Bezos' next rocketship, sponsored by Kindle.

Reactions: 17
also, 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

79219D73-98B7-447B-9150-570B34EBD70D.jpeg

another day, another anorexia meal. THIS IS WHY NO ONE LIKES YOU, RUBY. (accidental capslock, leaving it because she deserves to be shouted at)

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Red cabbage porridge. You know something else that turns porridge a pretty aesthetic colour and isn't cabbagy? Half the bleeping fruit that's in season :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.