Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, she was gifted a £400 Remarkable e-ink tablet.

254396348_253198670198527_8334946860391623818_n.jpg

"It's not a student *essential* because of the price point," she says.

Just a reminder that Ruby previously recommended the following unessential "essentials" for students at varying inflated price-points:

iPad.
iPhone.
Beats headphones.
A Spotify or Apple Music subscription.
A gym membership.
Academic planner.
Pre-printed, physical to-do lists.
Parker fountain pens.
Candles.

No doubt she'll claim the Remarkable is her favourite thing ever and so much better than an iPad for an upcoming sponsored video and then shove it in a cupboard and continue to use her iPad and Notion for everything while touting her cheap-quality, overpriced garbage Pumpkin Productivity notepads as an academic essential and a sound investment.

From her notes we can also see that she's planning yet another morning routine (kill me now) and is planning to "FILM OVERHYPED VID", which I assume will be a video about overhyped somethings, since none of Ruby's videos are preceded by any hype whatsoever.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
So, she was gifted a £400 Remarkable e-ink tablet.

View attachment 856877

"It's not a student *essential* because of the price point," she says.

Just a reminder that Ruby previously recommended the following unessential "essentials" for students at varying inflated price-points:

iPad.
iPhone.
Beats headphones.
A Spotify or Apple Music subscription.
A gym membership.
Academic planner.
Pre-printed, physical to-do lists.
Parker fountain pens.
Candles.

No doubt she'll claim the Remarkable is her favourite thing ever and so much better than an iPad for an upcoming sponsored video and then shove it in a cupboard and continue to use her iPad and Notion for everything while touting her cheap-quality, overpriced garbage Pumpkin Productivity notepads as an academic essential and a sound investment.

From her notes we can also see that she's planning yet another morning routine (kill me now) and is planning to "FILM OVERHYPED VID", which I assume will be a video about overhyped somethings, since none of Ruby's videos are preceded by any hype whatsoever.
AHAHAHA NOOO bleeping WAY LOOK AT THIS FROM THEIR WEBSITE it's legit just a notebook if you don't want to pay extra for the functions that should be basic and free. also, an ipad is cheaper?????? this has actually properly pissed me off lmfao

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
AHAHAHA NOOO bleeping WAY LOOK AT THIS FROM THEIR WEBSITE it's legit just a notebook if you don't want to pay extra for the functions that should be basic and free. also, an ipad is cheaper?????? this has actually properly pissed me off lmfao
It's also like an extra £50 to upgrade to a pen with a built-in eraser (or £100 if you buy the pen with eraser separately). It's extortionate.

An e-ink notebook is a cool idea in theory but this is criminally overpriced for what it is/does. Nobody should buy or encourage such nonsense, and it's very telling that the people who do are the ones getting given them for free.

Just buy a Rocketbook for a slim fraction of the price if you want a reusable notebook. Pros: It doesn't cost four hundred bleeping pounds. Cons: They smell weird when new and you need to buy (pretty inexpensive) specific pens to write on them.

Reactions: 15
It's also like an extra £50 to upgrade to a pen with a built-in eraser (or £100 if you buy the pen with eraser separately). It's extortionate.

An e-ink notebook is a cool idea in theory but this is criminally overpriced for what it is/does. Nobody should buy or encourage such nonsense, and it's very telling that the people who do are the ones getting given them for free.

Just buy a Rocketbook for a slim fraction of the price if you want a reusable notebook. Pros: It doesn't cost four hundred bleeping pounds. Cons: They smell weird when new and you need to buy (pretty inexpensive) specific pens to write on them.
whitelines is another option! it's not reusable BUT is easy to use, easy to digitalise your notes, and one notebook is way cheaper than what Ruby is advertising lol.

Reactions: 5
Wasn't she there with the entire clan that is her family? I swear I saw some family meal photos from this weekend. If that's the case, why is she acting like she was away with her friend and sister only? Pretending you aren't traveling with family is the behaviour of 15 year olds who crave independence.

Reactions: 26
8 bleeping dollars a month for things I can easily do on my laptop? Are they kidding?

I did own a Rocketbook and yeah the cons you mentioned are a thing. Personally as a student who had to use it everyday I wasn't super happy with it. It was a gift from my father whose colleague swears by it but imo it's way better for an office environment. The pens are annoying to write with because they're gel pens, one wrong move and it's all smudged and messy. More useful if you have to take quick notes at meetings or stuff like that but not super practical for a uni student.
Also if you take a lot of notes the pens run out quickly and though they're not super expensive they're still more expensive than the regular Bic pens I would normally use for handwritten notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Wasn't she there with the entire clan that is her family?
She was.

She pretended it was a solo trip on the train to see her "friend" at the time and made no mention of Martha.

Then it became a solo trip to see her "friend" and Martha.

In reality it was just another instance of her dragging her family to Devon so she could flee uni and see her parents again - her mum and dad were both there. Her "friend" is just another child of her parents' friends who happens to go to the same uni (so in all likelihood, they got the train from uni to Devon together and at no point was this a solo trip).

Ruby conveniently neglected to mention any of that and suspiciously avoided posted photos of her parents, but her mum posted photos on her Instagram and gave the game away. Whoopsy!

In related news, Mother Granger fell down the stairs, so Ruby will undoubtedly be moving back home to take care of her embellished injuries:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't understand this at all, I mean, Samsung Notes has all these features and many others, and it's free...

Also, pretentious much?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She was.

She pretended it was a solo trip on the train to see her "friend" at the time and made no mention of Martha.

Then it became a solo trip to see her "friend" and Martha.

In reality it was just another instance of her dragging her family to Devon so she could flee uni and see her parents again - her mum and dad were both there. Her "friend" is just another child of her parents' friends who happens to go to the same uni (so in all likelihood, they got the train from uni to Devon together and at no point was this a solo trip).

Ruby conveniently neglected to mention any of that and suspiciously avoided posted photos of her parents, but her mum posted photos on her Instagram and gave the game away. Whoopsy!

In related news, Mother Granger fell down the stairs, so Ruby will undoubtedly be moving back home to take care of her embellished injuries:

I went to see what Mother Granger wrote about the accident and... Anyway. Frilly nonsense aside, let me digress and roll my eyes at this bit:

I saw an osteopath a few days later and she gently manipulated and massaged my spine and checked my coccyx. She said I could do with another appointment next week but if it didn’t feel any better, I should get an X-ray to rule out a hairline fracture. I could actually have broken my back - always the drama queen, I know, but still…
Surely, SURELY going to check if you have any broken bones is the first thing to fo after hurtling down the stairs like an empty barrell? Especially when one's coccyx is causing shooting pains? Mind boggling.

(Lol at the fact that Daddy Bones was home and heard his wife scream but 'could not locate her'. Either I've always lived in tiny little places where you can locate anyone anytime whether you want it or not, or this just shows how massive their house must actually be.)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I went to see what Mother Granger wrote about the accident and... Anyway. Frilly nonsense aside, let me digress and roll my eyes at this bit:

Surely, SURELY going to check if you have any broken bones is the first thing to fo after hurtling down the stairs like an empty barrell? Especially when one's coccyx is causing shooting pains? Mind boggling.

(Lol at the fact that Daddy Bones was home and heard his wife scream but 'could not locate her'. Either I've always lived in tiny little places where you can locate anyone anytime whether you want it or not, or this just shows how massive their house must actually be.)
Ruby's mother:

Main takeaways from this:

Whoosing - verb : to go "whoops!" while falling downstairs and pissing yourself.

If your spine is probably shattered, wait three days before consulting a medical professional, then just take a couple of paracetamol and do some Pilates. Slippers will prevent further slipping.

Daddy Bones thought their dog had been run over after hearing her screaming at the foot of the stairs, because cars often drive through their house, apparently.

Mother Granger felt so lucky and loved that her husband finally found her after what sounds like several hours of searching the house for the source of her wailing, then dragged her to a sofa and rubbed at her possibly pulverised spine but didn't bother taking her to a hospital.

"hot slash cold packs" - I guess we know where Ruby got her inability to use punctuation from, as Mother Granger just spells out the whole words. "Will my spine ever be mended comma I wonder question mark", she probably asked herself.

"always the drama queen, I know, but still…" or "No big deal, I'm such a drama queen, haha! But seriously, though, I could've bleeping died, start the charities in my honour now."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
"always the drama queen, I know, but still…" or "No big deal, I'm such a drama queen, haha! But seriously, though, I could've bleeping died, start the charities in my honour now."
Let’s not leave the management of the donations up to Ruby though …

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry but the fact that their home is so ridiculously large daddy granger couldnt find mother granger at first after she fell is SENDING me

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I don't understand this at all, I mean, Samsung Notes has all these features and many others, and it's free...

Also, pretentious much?
An ad for this product just came up for me and everyone is roasting them in the comments. As if you have to buy a subscription as well? Absolute waste of money.
26263965-4163-4509-99F8-CF6415104759.jpeg

Reactions: 14
So she’s now not feeling festive? But I thought she went on in one of her videos about getting excited for Christmas in October because someone brought it up that she said it even before Halloween

Reactions: 13
I come from Exeter and the photos of her on the roman ruins in her latest instagram post is renowned as a place where drug addicts go to shoot up. Its also where my best mate lost her virginity and i find it so funny that shes painting it as dark academia aesthetic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I come from Exeter and the photos of her on the roman ruins in her latest instagram post is renowned as a place where drug addicts go to shoot up. Its also where my best mate lost her virginity and i find it so funny that shes painting it as dark academia aesthetic.
I love when an outsider from a place romanticises a certain part of a place without realising how the locals interact with it

For example, my town has a gorgeous observatory at the top of a hill surrounded by woods which many people travel to visit. People always talk about how beautiful the surrounding woods are, not realising it's where local teens go to have sex, drink and smoke.

They're not wrong, the woods are gorgeous. Just funny seeing people view places and have a different experience with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.