Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rory Gilmore
i would actually quite like to see ruby suddenly making ”the other woman” her personality and nicking a posh boat (I TRIED TO SPELL YAUGHT I’M TOO MUCH A OF A PLEB) purely because it would be healthier than her current frail hermione act

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Rory Gilmore
Wouldn’t Rory Gilmore be more of a lesson for Ruby than someone to model herself on? The character of Rory was privileged young woman who was given a lot of opportunities, but who failed to reach her full potential because the praise and coddling she received from her family stifled her ability to put in any effort once she left a relatively sheltered environment and had to compete with other equally bright young people. Rory also refused to acknowledge her own privilege and tried to co-opt other people’s struggles (like Lorelai’s) as her own. I mean, there are parallels but I wouldn’t say Rory was someone Ruby should (continue ...) to model herself on.

Reactions: 28
Ruby has resorted to giving away FREE notebooks. Will she actually? Or is this just another fake giveaway? She's certainly tried to make it seem like a real one by only giving away 5 of the 2800+ notebooks that are no doubt covered in a thick layer of dust in some warehouse somewhere!

Stay tuned for her next vlog in 3 months time where she reuses that footage of her "posting the give away" prizes where she actually just opens and closes a post box without a package in sight! Can't wait!!

Reactions: 8
Ruby has resorted to giving away FREE notebooks. Will she actually? Or is this just another fake giveaway? She's certainly tried to make it seem like a real one by only giving away 5 of the 2800+ notebooks that are no doubt covered in a thick layer of dust in some warehouse somewhere!

Stay tuned for her next vlog in 3 months time where she reuses that footage of her "posting the give away" prizes where she actually just opens and closes a post box without a package in sight! Can't wait!!
It amazes me that people actually buy her products (sorry, Rubes). Yes, a notebook with 1 (one!) whole page about the notebook itself including a
space for you to write the intended and actual use of the notebook is exactly what I want in a notebook marketed on its simplicity and functionality.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I swear oatmeal is 95% of her diet at this point. I feel like she only eats something different when she's at restaurants.
Looks like mushy peas and bananas , for a second I thought she lost the plot with her obsession over peas

Reactions: 3

I doubt she'll follow through on sending any gifts, but this one's at least a little less blatant than "follow me and get an extra friend to comment and follow so I can spam them with all my future bullshit - I'll announce winners through telepathy, so if you hear my voice in your mind, psychically tell me your address and you'll honesty, definitely get one or possibly multiple planners, the fake rules I made up weren't clear."

They'll need to clear all the unsold notebooks and ribbons soon to make warehouse space for the 2022 annual planners though, which Ruby says "may or may not" be coming soon, so probably in April. Then by the time buyers have returned their faulty planner for a replacement and waited several months for it to arrive, they might get a whopping 3 weeks of use out of it.

But in fairness, delays are understandable - it's gonna take time for Ruby to create the new 60 page section for which they needed to remove March-August: A Ruby Granger Final Year Memorial section, full of mournful photos marking the death of her academic life, with lists of her grades, comments from tutors, and lots of photos of Blakeney in campus meetings, taken by telephoto lens by a stalking Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow that must be like, half a teaspoon of nut butter, why even butter to put it there at this point.
Oats are easy to make "sweet" and feel like "desert" if you want them to and have a great amount of fiber. I know I was really obsessed with fiber during my ed, I would get about 70g a day, wich is an insane amount, I repeat, insane, unless you want to tit your pants in public (luckily never happened to me) don't try it at home.
But yeah, that's a typical ed meal we got here, with the vegetables where they don't belong, the absence of any sweetener (I don't see agave on her bowl anyway), the tiny portion...
Goddam, yes matcha is good, like, I love plain green tea, but even I have trouble drinking/eating matcha stuff paired with little to no sugar. It's really bitter.

Edit: The second "butter" is a typo, but I think it's very poetic, so I'm gonna leave it there.
Yikes, looks like mushy peas and banana 🤢

Reactions: 1
Ruby's back! After several months, Ol' Rubert has finally graced us with 16 more minutes of

We're shown Ruby's Spotify, which includes such odd playlists as "Royalcore" and "regency vibes", because it's important that we romanticise the monarchy and its history of colonialism, shielding sex offenders from justice and leeching off the taxpayer.

View attachment 852978

Playlists also featured: "you're a student in a posh boarding school" and "emily dickinson would find these poetic" (a playlist containing 60% Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey).
just went and searched for these playlists out of curiosity and the boarding school one??? feels so unlike ruby (also the songs on here are pretty 'basic' for lack of a better word)

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 4.21.17 pm.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
just went and searched for these playlists out of curiosity and the boarding school one??? feels so unlike ruby (also the songs on here are pretty 'basic' for lack of a better word)

I'm sure she only added it for the title and didn’t actually check whether the songs actually fit the "aesthetic".

She probably went searching for "boarding school vibes" playlists as part of her Malory Towers/Hogwarts lifestyle roleplay to convince herself that she likes being at uni. That and buying steamer trunks, writing letters every day to people she sees every week and having her mum post her a care package of random crap from the kitchen. She's living in a fantasy and was likely searching for the soundtrack to it.

Reactions: 14

The title is so weirdly specific wtf loool

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I gotta give it to her though the fact she has a playlist called "ratatouille vibes" is so funny lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Where did she say she didn’t have a loan? I missed that
I could have sworn she said that she was funding University herself, maybe I just assumed this meant that she had a loan? This is obviously down to interpretation though, since she probably had a trust fund or some kind of inheritance which she is using and she counts that as funding herself. Committing to 9k each year for tuition seems a bit reckless if she didn't have savings, when she would be better off getting a loan and paying it off when she finishes.

Reactions: 1
The title is so weirdly specific wtf loool
Be sure to follow the sequel playlist: "you woke up on your first day of boarding school but you slept in a weird position so you have pins and needles in your left arm and your second cousin just text you to let you know that their poodle escaped and if you could share their Facebook post about it they'd really appreciate it"

It's basically just 'Numb' by Linkin Park followed by 'Who Let the Dogs Out?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Could she be paying for this year herself as it's her fourth year? She could have had a loan I know, but maybe to keep her overall student debt down?

I wouldn't worry about an extra year of tuition fee debt if I were her when realistically she won't be paying it all back anyway, but I can totally see Ruby logic being keep the tuition fee debt down to three years.

I recently rewatched (lol I swear I’m like 5% of her total views some days, please don’t judge) her ”I DROPPED OUT GASP I mean I changed courses but needed the drama” video and in it, she claims she will have an extra year’s worth of student loans to pay back due to this decision. Then again, she lies all the time, so who the duck knows.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.