Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you guys think she spends her time watching videos of people she likes and copies their accents?
Because you have to have a lot of content input to end up copying the way someone talks.

Reactions: 3
Someone with knowledge of linguistics might know better than me, but has anyone else noticed the affectation in her speech is becoming less Hermione and more, I dunno, Duchess of Cambridge (closest person I can think of)

Text pronounced Taxt
Exeter = Axeter
Characters = Charecters
She's moving towards Received Pronunciation, otherwise known as The Queen's English, so you can imagine the associations - upper class, high society etc.

Reactions: 16
Because Notion doesn't take french. It's so dumb idk why they don't but yeah I can't take notes on there all my éèùçàôê make the app crash.
The sign of a great app! Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about. There are so many better apps and they allow you to use different languages(!) and integrate with other things. The only people who seem to rave about it are people being paid to.

Reactions: 6
She's now doing this weird thing with her mouth as well... I don't mean talking, well I do, but I mean the accent goes hand in hand with exaggerated mouth-pulling and teeth-showing and lip-curling and gasping-for-breath-type-motions... Does anyone get what I mean? 😅

Reactions: 5
I'll leave it to gossipguy to do the recap, but just thought these screenshots of her personal Notion page were funny. All the links under 'Why Learning Is Important' seem to be fully-fledged pages; I would say I hope she hasn't wasted time writing out all the reasons why learning each individual subject is important, but we all know Ruby. Also: interesting that she compiles political cartoons, when she's never outwardly expressed an interest or political beliefs on her socials.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I'm not an English Lit student (i failed it in school too) but all the work she puts into her notion page for notes feels like too much. Any English lit students in here that agree?
I agree. Obviously you need to do prep and revision but a lot of it is just being able to read a text and respond in an original way.

Reactions: 1
The sign of a great app! Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about. There are so many better apps and they allow you to use different languages(!) and integrate with other things. The only people who seem to rave about it are people being paid to.
Bit off topic but could you please give some examples? I’m actually looking into such an app and all my friends seem to be into either notion or GoodNotes😅

Reactions: 2
I'll leave it to gossipguy to do the recap, but just thought these screenshots of her personal Notion page were funny. All the links under 'Why Learning Is Important' seem to be fully-fledged pages; I would say I hope she hasn't wasted time writing out all the reasons why learning each individual subject is important, but we all know Ruby. Also: interesting that she compiles political cartoons, when she's never outwardly expressed an interest or political beliefs on her socials.
Critical Essays for Pleasure?
Is Biblical Imagery from her Theology undergrad? Did she seriously copy all her old notes into notion, because she wasn't using it three years ago.

That story of her taking 7 seconds to drink he tiniest sip of sad watery matcha to then instantly take another sip is one of the most ed thing I've seen for a while now.
Also can she stops doing these. It's triggering, in a wow-that's-a-weird-video-I'm-uncomfy kind of way.

Reactions: 10
Critical Essays for Pleasure?
Is Biblical Imagery from her Theology undergrad? Did she seriously copy all her old notes into notion, because she wasn't using it three years ago.
1636851153700.png

From the same point in the video (11:40ish) - yes, she's copied all her old notes into Notion. I can understand wanting to have first/second year notes all in the same place, but she did her GCSEs five or six (?) years ago. And GCSEs are primarily based around rote memorisation rather than any level of critical thinking or analysis - it seems like the most ridiculous waste of time to be referring to a syllabus aimed at 15-16-year-olds rather than focusing on critical reading or broadening your horizons.

Reactions: 18
To the person in the comments of her latest video who asked if she actually read "Bleak House", or if she just pretended to. 😂 Thank you, I see you and I appreciate you. I assume that comment was made by one of us anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Because Ruby isn't going to let a little thing like more Instagram backlash over her refusing to stop posting toxic, triggering food content stand between her and her sponsor money, she's back for another biweekly whenever-the-duck-she-can-be-bothered video.

This time, she's sponsored by Notion (the note-making platform she's shoehorned into every video possible) and after years of her giving them all the free advertising she possibly could, they finally threw her a sponsorship bone. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve your dreams, if only you shout about them loud and long enough from a position of privilege.

And while people have been requesting for Ruby to stop posting triggering, ED-baiting content for a year and that hasn't happened, according to Ruby this video was "very highly requested" and is now here by popular demand. Presumably it was requested by Ruby’s multiple personalities, her imaginary friends and the ghost of Emily Dickinson, because if anyone's actually asked for Ruby to make this video, they sure don't exist on any plane of reality that I've been made aware of.

This video was allegedly being clamoured for by hordes of invisible fans for ages, but Ruby only bothered making it when someone finally paid her to do it, which should tell you everything about Ruby.

Screenshot_20211113-221101_YouTube.jpg

Ruby yet again forgets all her talk about the importance of sustainability and starts some fire hazards burning with her gas lighter.

After beaming about how amazing it is that she's finally being sponsored by Notion, she praises how many things you can do on Notion and how versatile it is. Can it paint my bedroom walls? Can it teach me the piano? Can you play Boggle using it? Let's find out!

"This is my Notion page and I think it looks pretty impressive!" Ruby protests, as she shows a page slapped together with the level of graphic design prowess you'd see in a broken MySpace page from 2009.

Screenshot_20211113-224258_YouTube.jpg

As well as looking as low-rent as possible, her Notion page has been filled with sections which are pointless at best and terrifying at worst. Sections like:

"Things to discuss with Blakeney" - presumably top of the list of conversations topics is the restraining order that Blakeney will hopefully have taken out against her.

"Ideal day at university" - Spoilers: An ideal day at university for Ruby will be spent at home, twirling in a field and daydreaming of cholera and quill pens while her mother is never more than 10 feet away.

"Dissertation: Letter Writing" - which still isn’t close to a specific or remotely relevant dissertation topic for an English Lit degree and signifies only doom and failure for her future.

Also "Masters Planning", because Ruby is living in a fantasy world where she makes it to a Masters course without mass rejection and having 46 mental breakdowns.

"Notion lets you create so many different...types?...of content?" Ruby says, unsure of her words, like they escaped her brain without thought or permission. What are these limitless mediums you can use Notion for? Clay? Crochet? Interpretive dance? Well, buckle the duck up, people: You can put both text and pictures on a Notion page! The 21st Century is finally here!

Screenshot_20211113-225801_YouTube.jpg

Ruby whips out the obnoxious pointing finger to sternly remind everyone that you don’t need coding experience to use Notion. Because that's what's keeping people from using other note-taking options like Google Docs or, y'know, pen and paper: all the damn coding experience you need.

Ruby points out that it's free, too, unless you want the premium version, which is free if you're a student. If you're not a student? Let's immediately move on without mentioning that at all!

Screenshot_20211113-230759_YouTube.jpg

Ruby's going to break down how she takes "taxtual notes", "lack-chuh notes", "AXE-tra reading and contaxt notes" and "seminal notes". Of all the apparently abundant features that Ruby claims Notion has, evidently translation isn't one of them, as Ruby continues to pronounce all words like she's chewing a sponge while discovering English for the first time.

Ruby was also kind enough to also provide her very own Notion template, just in case you wanted to go ahead and ruin your life for yourself by imitating her disorganised bullshit.

Screenshot_20211113-232116_YouTube.jpg

Ruby only has two modules this year, but she's apparenltly going to show us how she creates six modules' worth of work from them with as much redundant busywork as possible.

She says that when reading a "taxt", she uses the Kindle app, because it's great for annotating the "taxt" and writing most of her notes because "it's really convenient". That's bleeping great, Rubes, but does Notion integrate your Kindle books to upload your notes seamlessly? Because you were just talking about Notion being the Swiss army knife of note-making platforms, now there's already additional programs in the mix where you now say you make all your notes.

Also while Ruby's fawning over the Kindle app, Perlego and all the other reading/annotation apps that Ruby has claimed were her favourites in exchange for money are out there like:

friends-chandler-bing.gif

"And with the book read on Kindle it's trineee to move over to Notion," Ruby says, and despite listening to it several times and trying to figure out why she pronounced "time" with an "r" and and "n", I was instantly blindsided by Ruby moving on to the next subject with a "So! Here go..." and she's suddenly decided figuring out how to say words out loud is too much work and just skips them entirely.

Screenshot_20211113-233910_YouTube.jpg

Ruby shows that for each new book she pretends to read for her module, she adds sections about what was going on in the world at the time for added "contaxt". Not content with including things actually relevant to the book at hand, Ruby reveals that she's for some reason crammed half the history of England into each Notion page, with such pointless bullshit as ice skating accidents at Buckingham Palace and when Christmas crackers were invented. This is a true glimpse into utter madness.

Screenshot_20211113-234428_YouTube.jpg

Next she says she's added an "interests" section. For normal people, an "interests" section would be for things like reading, watching TV or kayaking. But Ruby's far from normal, so she's used the "interests" section to remind herself to research her fear of bad smells and how this feeds into "the great stink", which I assume is her nickname for her mouldy, dust-filled house of squalor.

Screenshot_20211113-235254_YouTube.jpg

Here's where Ruby realises that she can't go into too much detail about her Notion use without completely giving away that she doesn't actually read any of the books. She seemingly comes to this realisation in real time, and panic quickly washes over her.

She rambles about how she’s added a plot summary, but doesn’t show it (because it'd reveal that she ripped it from Sparknotes or Wikipedia verbatim) and feels the need to stress that she doesn't always so this for Dickens, implying that she knows them well enough to not need it, but that she only does it after reading the book.

Now, we know this is a complete lie. Not only has she shared countless to-do lists in which she's ticked off "summary" or "critical reading" long before she's ticked off reading the book, but she's tipped her hand and said she copies summaries from Sparknotes to Notion before (at around 4:10):

In the time since, she's clearly realised that saying you've been copying summaries from Sparknotes and reading critical material before touching the book makes it look an awful lot like you're avoiding reading the book and taking lots of shortcuts, which wouldn't go over well with tutors or anyone else, for that matter.

Screenshot_20211114-013905_YouTube.jpg

She then moves on to the character lists she creates, but encounters the same problem. After struggling to remember two character names for the book she absolutely, definitely read, she waves her hand at the camera with a 'nothing to see here' energy, clicks away from this section as fast as she can and says she won't go into detail of course as it's "just an example". Because, again, going into detail would shine a light on how she’s just compiling copied information into Notion to avoid reading the books.

Screenshot_20211114-003653_YouTube.jpg

Next she moves onto the "Overview of my Thinking" section, which sure looks like random copied tidbits from critical sources with her own meaningless drivel sprinkled in.

We get the following paragraph: "we see a progression of time (Christmas, Easter, cold, warm, etc.) which reflects periodical culture. It gives the book as a collection momentum though, as if there can be plot and progress. Especially in the couples at the end who do progress and get older while we read the others." This nonsensical combination of words seems designed purely to simulate the experience of having a brain seizure.

For added intense stupidity, Ruby felt the need to write down the sentence, "we remember elements that have been spoken about before - would only have been like this for first readers if they followed everything." This means absolutely nothing and could be applied to pretty much any novel or story that you've read to completion (which is admittedly a novelty for Ruby). It's immediately clear that Ruby hasn't read this book, if there were any doubt.

Screenshot_20211114-014143_YouTube.jpg

Ruby then mentions that she has a section for "ahclacktuk-aughts", or "eclectic thoughts" in English. She does not clarify how this section differs from the "Overview of my Thinking" section, and they seem to be the same combination of nonsense and borrowed thoughts.

Screenshot_20211114-014704_YouTube.jpg

After showing how she grabs historical context and publication history from a basic Google search, she rambles about 'toggles' for far too long. Basically, you can click on an arrow next to a section to expand or hide that section. It's handy, but not a particularly unique function, but Ruby acts like it's a miracle cure for stupidity; Ruby is proof that it's definitely not that.

Ruby must've gotten tired at this point as she started recycling footage again, this time from one of her recent vlogs. She's droning on about her lectures being online and shows reused vlog footage of a lecture in which she blurred out her lecturer's face.

Screenshot_20211114-015628_YouTube.jpg

It's something she clearly couldn’t be bothered doing again, as she mixes in newer lecture footage, but without any blurring this time.

Screenshot_20211114-015609_YouTube.jpg

Inconsistency and shoddy editing? Just par for the course with Ruby.

She mentions that she stripmines everything offered in her lectures for notes, from things her lecturer said to images powerpoint slides - all of it gets copies and pasted into Notion to cobble together into questions (also written in Notion) to grill her tutors with later for essay material.

So far it's all a baffling, redundant waste of time. Most of these Notion sections are duplicates of each other or contain nothing of value, so it's not surprising that Ruby immediately forgets which sections is which and what the hell she's supposed to be talking about:

Screenshot_20211114-022230_YouTube.jpg

She finally remembers that she intended to talk about "personal research", which apparently is the section for her "lack-cha" notes and group study details. Only to someone as devoid of well-rounded interests or a social life as Ruby could clinical critical research be labelled "personal".

Ruby continues to tout the benefits of Notion by immediately mentioning that she needs to link to Google Drive docs in her study group page. "Unfortunately," Ruby sighs, "not everyone uses Notion..." Apparently the cultureless peons in her study group aren't enlightened enough to use Notion, and they slum it in the Google Drive sewers.

Ruby says she much prefers Notion to Google Docs/Drive, but never actually says why. She does, however, mention that another thing she likes about Notion is how Google Drive links can be pasted and accessed with a click. Which sounds like a benefit of Google Drive that they make shared linking easy, rather than Notion.

Screenshot_20211114-024429_YouTube.jpg

Ruby acts as if pasting a clickable hyperlink is a revelatory step in technology when almost any program that allows text pasting will do the same. It's like exclusively heaping praise on Bentley brand cars because the front window allows you to see traffic lights so you know when to stop.

While the study group schlubs don't use Notion, Ruby has made sure thay Blakeney does. Naturally, Rubes has also linked their accounts so that all Blakeney's study notes are available for her to read and pilfer ideas from, and vice versa.

On Notion, multiple people can share and edit the same document simultaneously, "just like Google Docs". Again, this seems like more of an endorsement for Google Docs, and no further insight into what makes Notion unique.

According to Ruby, she and Blakeney divide critical material and each read half, make notes and then share the notes, getting "double the amount of content for half the work". Given the absolute drivel Ruby writes in her notes and the fact that she doesn't ready Blakeney has nothing to gain from this arrangement and is clearly being used as a source of essay material.

This is a staggeringly stupid approach to learning and both of them are complete morons for doing it, but Blakeney especially so, since she's the only one likely contributing ideas of value. Ruby shows her notes on the critical "ass-ay" she read, and it's condensed down to such short bulletpoints that any critical merit or understanding of the essay is lost. Blakeney would need to read the essay herself anyway to make sense of the compacted horseshit cubes that Ruby's turned it into, so I fail to see the benefit.

Screenshot_20211114-032602_YouTube.jpg

Ruby: "I like doing critical reading because it gives you a better understanding of ideas in the academy and helps you to, like, actually see where the scholarship is?" This is word soup. Pure gibberish. What the ever-loving duck is she babbling about?

Ruby’s clearly just spouting drivel because she doesn't have the proper context for critical reading. Critical reading is supposed to be to give a deeper, wider understanding or different viewpoints and analysis of the text in question. But Ruby doesn't approach it like that. Ruby doesn't read books first and think critically for herself, then find critical material to support or contrast her argument. She reads the supporting critical material first, mines it for ideas and then skips the book entirely to write an essay with other people's ideas. So it's no shock that her definition of critical reading is this nonsense.

Screenshot_20211114-033634_YouTube.jpg

In the most telling part of the video, Ruby says she loves having a study partner to bounce of because "it's a great way of understanding the material better and understanding your own thoughts on the material".

This is most likely because Ruby has no thoughts on the material and just uses other people's ideas to form her entire essays, whether it's study partners, essay authors or tutors. So it helps to have the person explain their thoughts, so that Ruby can lie and go "I was just thinking the exact same thing!" or "Well, of course, I read the book, but why don't you tell me what happened in it so that I can be sure you read the book - and speak slowly so that I can make notes..." then furiously scribble those stolen ideas into Notion before she forgets what the other person said.

After that she blathers on about seminar notes, but it's more of the same - Ruby copies anything and everything into Notion, to the point where it's swamped with irrelevant crap from years ago up to present, like she's going to need to refer back to the comprehensive notes she was probably taking at her 10th birthday party some day.

Screenshot_20211114-034932_YouTube.jpg

She also has yet another weekly planner in Notion, because 17 planners per week just wasn't enough.

So, in this video about Notion sponsored by Notion in which she heaps glowing praise upon Notion, she never once explains why she loves it.

To summarise what she does say about Notion:

-It has toggles.
-It's free, unless it's not, in which case it costs £???
-You can put text and pictures in it.
-You can share and edit documents, just like Google Docs.

And that's it. She doesn't elucidate what makes Notion preferable to Google Docs or similar services, what unique features it has, what the downsides are, if you can export and back up all your digital information, and so on. She only says that she loves it and highly recommends it. In all things, Ruby has zero critical ability, especially when someone's handing her money to discuss things.

Screenshot_20211114-035104_YouTube.jpg

She also never once mentions just how much of this Notion nonsense she repeats across other systems, planners, notebooks and so on.

Here she acts like Notion is the one-stop shops for all planning, note-taking and organisation, yet she’s also hocking planners and notebooks that serve the same person. Not only is it an insane amount of busywork and redundant time-wasting for her, it's just incredibly disingenuous to keep acting like all these things she shills are the only thing that exists until it's time to advertise the competitng product.

Another video, another brain-mashingly stupid display of prolonged idiocy by Ruby.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Edit: I can only blame prolonged exposure to Ruby stupidity for the typos in that post. I swear more brain cells die with every video of hers that I watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't think I have the strength to listen to Ruby attempt to talk about Slyvia Plath, lord help us. Glad these aren't video ideas.

We get the following paragraph: "we see a progression of time (Christmas, Easter, cold, warm, etc.) which reflects periodical culture. It gives the book as a collection momentum though, as if there can be plot and progress. Especially in the couples at the end who do progress and get older while we read the others." This nonsensical combination of words seems designed purely to simulate the experience of having a brain seizure.
What the duck does this meaaaaan 💀💀💀 I can't deal with her wow 😂 Why the hell did she switch to English Literature if she can't be arsed to read the books and actually think about them instead of banging on with filler words? At least she had an actual interest in theology beforehand. She should have stayed in her old course, but of course you can't pretend to be a dark academia background character if you can't wax nonsensical poetics about books you haven't read.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
It’s not her first sponsored video for Notion, she did one in January. This one is even more nonsensical though.

Because Ruby isn't going to let a little thing like more Instagram backlash over her refusing to stop posting toxic, triggering food content stand between her and her sponsor money, she's back for another biweekly whenever-the-duck-she-can-be-bothered video.

This time, she's sponsored by Notion (the note-making platform she's shoehorned into every video possible) and after years of her giving them all the free advertising she possibly could, they finally threw her a sponsorship bone. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve your dreams, if only you shout about them loud and long enough from a position of privilege.

And while people have been requesting for Ruby to stop posting triggering, ED-baiting content for a year and that hasn't happened, according to Ruby this video was "very highly requested" and is now here by popular demand. Presumably it was requested by Ruby’s multiple personalities, her imaginary friends and the ghost of Emily Dickinson, because if anyone's actually asked for Ruby to make this video, they sure don't exist on any plane of reality that I've been made aware of.

This video was allegedly being clamoured for by hordes of invisible fans for ages, but Ruby only bothered making it when someone finally paid her to do it, which should tell you everything about Ruby.

View attachment 864221

Ruby yet again forgets all her talk about the importance of sustainability and starts some fire hazards burning with her gas lighter.

After beaming about how amazing it is that she's finally being sponsored by Notion, she praises how many things you can do on Notion and how versatile it is. Can it paint my bedroom walls? Can it teach me the piano? Can you play Boggle using it? Let's find out!

"This is my Notion page and I think it looks pretty impressive!" Ruby protests, as she shows a page slapped together with the level of graphic design prowess you'd see in a broken MySpace page from 2009.

View attachment 864278

As well as looking as low-rent as possible, her Notion page has been filled with sections which are pointless at best and terrifying at worst. Sections like:

"Things to discuss with Blakeney" - presumably top of the list of conversations topics is the restraining order that Blakeney will hopefully have taken out against her.

"Ideal day at university" - Spoilers: An ideal day at university for Ruby will be spent at home, twirling in a field and daydreaming of cholera and quill pens while her mother is never more than 10 feet away.

"Dissertation: Letter Writing" - which still isn’t close to a specific or remotely relevant dissertation topic for an English Lit degree and signifies only doom and failure for her future.

Also "Masters Planning", because Ruby is living in a fantasy world where she makes it to a Masters course without mass rejection and having 46 mental breakdowns.

"Notion lets you create so many different...types?...of content?" Ruby says, unsure of her words, like they escaped her brain without thought or permission. What are these limitless mediums you can use Notion for? Clay? Crochet? Interpretive dance? Well, buckle the duck up, people: You can put both text and pictures on a Notion page! The 21st Century is finally here!

View attachment 864308

Ruby whips out the obnoxious pointing finger to sternly remind everyone that you don’t need coding experience to use Notion. Because that's what's keeping people from using other note-taking options like Google Docs or, y'know, pen and paper: all the damn coding experience you need.

Ruby points out that it's free, too, unless you want the premium version, which is free if you're a student. If you're not a student? Let's immediately move on without mentioning that at all!

View attachment 864322

Ruby's going to break down how she takes "taxtual notes", "lack-chuh notes", "AXE-tra reading and contaxt notes" and "seminal notes". Of all the apparently abundant features that Ruby claims Notion has, evidently translation isn't one of them, as Ruby continues to pronounce all words like she's chewing a sponge while discovering English for the first time.

Ruby was also kind enough to also provide her very own Notion template, just in case you wanted to go ahead and ruin your life for yourself by imitating her disorganised bullshit.

View attachment 864355

Ruby only has two modules this year, but she's apparenltly going to show us how she creates six modules' worth of work from them with as much redundant busywork as possible.

She says that when reading a "taxt", she uses the Kindle app, because it's great for annotating the "taxt" and writing most of her notes because "it's really convenient". That's bleeping great, Rubes, but does Notion integrate your Kindle books to upload your notes seamlessly? Because you were just talking about Notion being the Swiss army knife of note-making platforms, now there's already additional programs in the mix where you now say you make all your notes.

Also while Ruby's fawning over the Kindle app, Perlego and all the other reading/annotation apps that Ruby has claimed were her favourites in exchange for money are out there like:

View attachment 864360

"And with the book read on Kindle it's trineee to move over to Notion," Ruby says, and despite listening to it several times and trying to figure out why she pronounced "time" with an "r" and and "n", I was instantly blindsided by Ruby moving on to the next subject with a "So! Here go..." and she's suddenly decided figuring out how to say words out loud is too much work and just skips them entirely.

View attachment 864381

Ruby shows that for each new book she pretends to read for her module, she adds sections about what was going on in the world at the time for added "contaxt". Not content with including things actually relevant to the book at hand, Ruby reveals that she's for some reason crammed half the history of England into each Notion page, with such pointless bullshit as ice skating accidents at Buckingham Palace and when Christmas crackers were invented. This is a true glimpse into utter madness.

View attachment 864388

Next she says she's added an "interests" section. For normal people, an "interests" section would be for things like reading, watching TV or kayaking. But Ruby's far from normal, so she's used the "interests" section to remind herself to research her fear of bad smells and how this feeds into "the great stink", which I assume is her nickname for her mouldy, dust-filled house of squalor.

View attachment 864398

Here's where Ruby realises that she can't go into too much detail about her Notion use without completely giving away that she doesn't actually read any of the books. She seemingly comes to this realisation in real time, and panic quickly washes over her.

She rambles about how she’s added a plot summary, but doesn’t show it (because it'd reveal that she ripped it from Sparknotes or Wikipedia verbatim) and feels the need to stress that she doesn't always so this for Dickens, implying that she knows them well enough to not need it, but that she only does it after reading the book.

Now, we know this is a complete lie. Not only has she shared countless to-do lists in which she's ticked off "summary" or "critical reading" long before she's ticked off reading the book, but she's tipped her hand and said she copies summaries from Sparknotes to Notion before (at around 4:10):

In the time since, she's clearly realised that saying you've been copying summaries from Sparknotes and reading critical material before touching the book makes it look an awful lot like you're avoiding reading the book and taking lots of shortcuts, which wouldn't go over well with tutors or anyone else, for that matter.

View attachment 864504

She then moves on to the character lists she creates, but encounters the same problem. After struggling to remember two character names for the book she absolutely, definitely read, she waves her hand at the camera with a 'nothing to see here' energy, clicks away from this section as fast as she can and says she won't go into detail of course as it's "just an example". Because, again, going into detail would shine a light on how she’s just compiling copied information into Notion to avoid reading the books.

View attachment 864435

Next she moves onto the "Overview of my Thinking" section, which sure looks like random copied tidbits from critical sources with her own meaningless drivel sprinkled in.

For added intense stupidity, Ruby felt the need to write down the sentence, "we remember elements that have been spoken about before - would only have been like this for first readers if they followed everything." This means absolutely nothing and could be applied to pretty much any novel or story that you've read to completion (which is admittedly a novelty for Ruby). It's immediately clear that Ruby hasn't read this book, if there were any doubt.

View attachment 864507

Ruby then mentions that she has a section for "ahclacktuk-aughts", or "eclectic thoughts" in English. She does not clarify how this section differs from the "Overview of my Thinking" section, and they seem to be the same combination of nonsense and borrowed thoughts.

View attachment 864509

After showing how she grabs historical context and publication history from a basic Google search, she rambles about 'toggles' for far too long. Basically, you can click on an arrow next to a section to expand or hide that section. It's handy, but not a particularly unique function, but Ruby acts like it's a miracle cure for stupidity; Ruby is proof that it's definitely not that.

Ruby must've gotten tired at this point as she started recycling footage again, this time from one of her recent vlogs. She's droning on about her lectures being online and shows reused vlog footage of a lecture in which she blurred out her lecturer's face.

View attachment 864512

It's something she clearly couldn’t be bothered doing again, as she mixes in newer lecture footage, but without any blurring this time.

View attachment 864513

Inconsistency and shoddy editing? Just par for the course with Ruby.

She mentions that she stripmines everything offered in her lectures for notes, from things her lecturer said to images powerpoint slides - all of it gets copies and pasted into Notion to cobble together into questions (also written in Notion) to grill her tutors with later for essay material.

So far it's all a baffling, redundant waste of time. Most of these Notion sections are duplicates of each other or contain nothing of value, so it's not surprising that Ruby immediately forgets which sections is which and what the hell she's supposed to be talking about:

View attachment 864527

She finally remembers that she intended to talk about "personal research", which apparently is the section for her "lack-cha" notes and group study details. Only to someone as devoid of well-rounded interests or a social life as Ruby could clinical critical research be labelled "personal".

Ruby continues to tout the benefits of Notion by immediately mentioning that she needs to link to Google Drive docs in her study group page. "Unfortunately," Ruby sighs, "not everyone uses Notion..." Apparently the cultureless peons in her study group aren't enlightened enough to use Notion, and they slum it in the Google Drive sewers.

Ruby says she much prefers Notion to Google Docs/Drive, but never actually says why. She does, however, mention that another thing she likes about Notion is how Google Drive links can be pasted and accessed with a click. Which sounds like a benefit of Google Drive that they make shared linking easy, rather than Notion.

View attachment 864561

Ruby acts as if pasting a clickable hyperlink is a revelatory step in technology when almost any program that allows text pasting will do the same. It's like exclusively heaping praise on Bentley brand cars because the front window allows you to see traffic lights so you know when to stop.

While the study group schlubs don't use Notion, Ruby has made sure thay Blakeney does. Naturally, Rubes has also linked their accounts so that all Blakeney's study notes are available for her to read and pilfer ideas from, and vice versa.

On Notion, multiple people can share and edit the same document simultaneously, "just like Google Docs". Again, this seems like more of an endorsement for Google Docs, and no further insight into what makes Notion unique.

According to Ruby, she and Blakeney divide critical material and each read half, make notes and then share the notes, getting "double the amount of content for half the work". Given the absolute drivel Ruby writes in her notes and the fact that she doesn't ready Blakeney has nothing to gain from this arrangement and is clearly being used as a source of essay material.

This is a staggeringly stupid approach to learning and both of them are complete morons for doing it, but Blakeney especially so, since she's the only one likely contributing ideas of value. Ruby shows her notes on the critical "ass-ay" she read, and it's condensed down to such short bulletpoints that any critical merit or understanding of the essay is lost. Blakeney would need to read the essay herself anyway to make sense of the compacted horseshit cubes that Ruby's turned it into, so I fail to see the benefit.

View attachment 864559

Ruby: "I like doing critical reading because it gives you a better understanding of ideas in the academy and helps you to, like, actually see where the scholarship is?" This is word soup. Pure gibberish. What the ever-loving duck is she babbling about?

Ruby’s clearly just spouting drivel because she doesn't have the proper context for critical reading. Critical reading is supposed to be to give a deeper, wider understanding or different viewpoints and analysis of the text in question. But Ruby doesn't approach it like that. Ruby doesn't read books first and think critically for herself, then find critical material to support or contrast her argument. She reads the supporting critical material first, mines it for ideas and then skips the book entirely to write an essay with other people's ideas. So it's no shock that her definition of critical reading is this nonsense.

View attachment 864562

In the most telling part of the video, Ruby says she loves having a study partner to bounce of because "it's a great way of understanding the material better and understanding your own thoughts on the material".

This is most likely because Ruby has no thoughts on the material and just uses other people's ideas to form her entire essays, whether it's study partners, essay authors or tutors. So it helps to have the person explain their thoughts, so that Ruby can lie and go "I was just thinking the exact same thing!" or "Well, of course, I read the book, but why don't you tell me what happened in it so that I can be sure you read the book - and speak slowly so that I can make notes..." then furiously scribble those stolen ideas into Notion before she forgets what the other person said.

After that she blathers on about seminar notes, but it's more of the same - Ruby copies anything and everything into Notion, to the point where it's swamped with irrelevant crap from years ago up to present, like she's going to need to refer back to the comprehensive notes she was probably taking at her 10th birthday party some day.

View attachment 864590

She also has yet another weekly planner in Notion, because 17 planners per week just wasn't enough.

So, in this video about Notion sponsored by Notion in which she heaps glowing praise upon Notion, she never once explains why she loves it.

To summarise what she does say about Notion:

-It has toggles.
-It's free, unless it's not, in which case it costs £???
-You can put text and pictures in it.
-You can share and edit documents, just like Google Docs.

And that's it. She doesn't elucidate what makes Notion preferable to Google Docs or similar services, what unique features it has, what the downsides are, if you can export and back up all your digital information, and so on. She only says that she loves it and highly recommends it. In all things, Ruby has zero critical ability, especially when someone's handing her money to discuss things.

View attachment 864593

She also never once mentions just how much of this Notion nonsense she repeats across other systems, planners, notebooks and so on.

Here she acts like Notion is the one-stop shops for all planning, note-taking and organisation, yet she’s also hocking planners and notebooks that serve the same person. Not only is it an insane amount of busywork and redundant time-wasting for her, it's just incredibly disingenuous to keep acting like all these things she shills are the only thing that exists until it's time to advertise the competitng product.

Another video, another brain-mashingly stupid display of prolonged idiocy by Ruby.
She's being less than truthful again, because as someone else mentioned and as you can clearly see from the screenshots, a lot of these pages were created on 07/11 around 4 PM. So she clearly created them for the purpose of this video, to make her Notion look more interesting? More academic? Nobody knows.
Evidently she thinks that adding an empty page for "Eclectic Thoughts" will impress her audience.

Omg she didn't actually say this 😭
Imagine thinking people need to download and set up an app they don't normally use just to accommodate you for one group project.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
The page of eclectic thoughts being empty is quite poignant to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It hurts my soul that she's quoting directly from scholarship and not recording the page numbers. Is this just her way of preparing future busywork, for when she needs to re-read all these sources to find the page numbers??

Reactions: 22
I still stand by the fact that she's more suited to studying history, none of her notes or work seem lit focused at all it's all contextual stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.