Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The private school she went to was where the local rich girls who didn’t get into the state grammar school went. In the sixth form, some would then transfer to the grammar if they proved to be very academic. I went to the grammar and so had friends who transferred over and when I went out with them and their friends from Ruby’s old school…I don’t even know how to describe them. Big fish in tiny ponds, very rich, and pretty clueless about the real world. And very egocentric. Not just the schools doing, but a combination of family and school and from what I know of them now, they’ve mostly drifted in life, but with money.
That's very interesting to me, I always thought Ruby went go a grammar school.

Reactions: 1
The thing is, I've written some really bad stuff when I was 15 or 16 as well, but I don't put it up for the world to see, let alone promote it (on goodreads it was I think?). When you write, old work, especially teenage fiction, is supposed to embarrass you somewhat because you've probably, hopefully improved by now...
More broadly, this is why I do have a little bit of sympathy for many of these young people who put so much of their lives online. We all did some really stupid and embarrassing stuff as teenagers but I thank the Lord daily that there wasn’t really the option to stick it all online when I was that age.

Reactions: 24
The thing is, I've written some really bad stuff when I was 15 or 16 as well, but I don't put it up for the world to see, let alone promote it (on goodreads it was I think?). When you write, old work, especially teenage fiction, is supposed to embarrass you somewhat because you've probably, hopefully improved by now...
My mates and I had deviantArt accounts back when we were teens (in the Noughties), and our execrable poetry, short stories, and pixel art are still up on there haunting the world. I like to think that if anyone comes across it they will have a chuckle and move on.

Unlike the Rubester none of us has ever tried putting these 'masterpieces' behind a paywall and definitely would not have kept them online. This is one of the most telling thing about her lack of development as an adult: she still thinks that Erm-it's-menthol is the literary masterpiece that young adults need in their lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you want the actual name of her school you can find it pretty easily by just googling her name, there's an article about GCSE results day c 2016 and another Ruby standing with the librarian looking the part of the perfect Head Girl when the new library was built.

Reactions: 5
The private school she went to was where the local rich girls who didn’t get into the state grammar school went. In the sixth form, some would then transfer to the grammar if they proved to be very academic. I went to the grammar and so had friends who transferred over and when I went out with them and their friends from Ruby’s old school…I don’t even know how to describe them. Big fish in tiny ponds, very rich, and pretty clueless about the real world. And very egocentric. Not just the schools doing, but a combination of family and school and from what I know of them now, they’ve mostly drifted in life, but with money.
Yeah, someone that was in my class at primary school went to Rubix Cube's school because she didn't pass the 11+ exam, and she didn't win her appeal to get to grammar school anyway, and god forbid her rich parents allowed her to stoop to the level of a secondary modern.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
18k fees per year, per child, no doubt partly funded by daddy bones' tax evasion
(pls tell me people have people stopped thirsting for him)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
For those following Holly Gabrielle, she has posted a video of overnight oats (made with water... yum 😐). Give Ruby a couple of weeks to do the same, eating her cold breakfast in the middle of winter, wrapped in a blanket and hot water bottle.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
It’s interesting because all the local grammar schools do far better on the league tables. So she must’ve not passed her 11+ ?

Reactions: 2
It’s interesting because all the local grammar schools do far better on the league tables. So she must’ve not passed her 11+ ?
Or they knew she wouldn’t cope with it so she continued to stay on at that school, she wouldn’t have had the same pass mark if she was at the prep school

Reactions: 7
I was doing a big of browsing on Ruby's school's website and the winter uniform list specifies a shirt with a Peter Pan style collar which makes me wonder if that's where her obsession with those ridiculous collars comes from?
Also the section about shoes has this absolute gem
We feel it is important that girls’ shoes should be of good quality, not just because of how they look, but to provide support to growing feet. It is with this in mind that we do not recommend shoes from high street fashion stores.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
This is such a random piece of knowledge and I have no idea why it’s in my brain, but she’s said in a room tour that she got her brass megaphone as a gift from her parents for passing her 11+ as she’s wanted to be a director at the time 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was tickled by, "We strive to keep our fees inclusive." 🥴 Isn't the entire point of having fees a marker of exclusivity?
Maybe you can pay in euro? 😂
also, it’s been six days since our last ”biweekly” upload, not that I’m counting

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.