Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Highly doubt Ruby is gifted lol. She gives me either high average IQ or just average IQ and studies really hard. There are millions of people with an average IQ who are doing just fine at Uni and are getting 1sts all over the place.

IQ tests on the internet are not valid at all. You need to get it done with someone’s who’s qualified to conduct it and it needs to be an official one. Like for example for Ruby it would be the WAIS and for children the WISC. Altho you have plenty those are the most used.

Also if Ruby was gifted and had an IQ of 140 her teacher would’ve most likely requested an IQ test at one point?? But she has never had one so nobody in her school has ever suspected she’s gifted.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ruby actually thinks she’s gifted because she studies alot and gets good grades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
yeah exactly, my teacher in PRIMARY (grade 3) actually recommended iq test for 4 kids i think, soo that they would get like extra teaching later on and could fulfill their potential. i don’t know how it is in the uk bit i think if she had an iq of bleeping 160 her teachers would have had her take a test at some point or sent her to a special class? also someone with einstein’s iq doesn’t make book reviews and videos like that

Reactions: 12
View attachment 610349

Sorry for the repeats but I found this in a previous thread. OMG the bottom bits definitely support your point about Ruby wanting to seem UnIqUe and "Not like other girls". All her supposed IQ scores are in the "gifted" range. 160 is Einsteins supposed IQ, a bit far fetched to put yourself in the same league as him after taking an online IQ test don't you think.
She’d wish lol😆

I guess she’d avoid taking an actual IQ test cause then she’d have to accept the reality that her intelligence level is super average. Now she can keep on dreaming how she *supposedly* has IQ of 160😇

• Haha
Reactions: 15
yeah exactly, my teacher in PRIMARY (grade 3) actually recommended iq test for 4 kids i think, soo that they would get like extra teaching later on and could fulfill their potential. i don’t know how it is in the uk bit i think if she had an iq of bleeping 160 her teachers would have had her take a test at some point or sent her to a special class? also someone with einstein’s iq doesn’t make book reviews and videos like that
I don’t really think IQ testing or teachers requesting kids getting an IQ test is really a common thing here in the UK? I went to state schools so it might be different for private, but we had a gifted and talented group in secondary, which I think you had to be recommended for by one of your teachers if you were getting really good grades and showing potential or whatever. As far as I know those kids, I wasn’t in that group but was friends with a few from it and they never said anything about IQ tests . Anyway, IQ is ridiculously outdated and low key racist, ableist and a whole bunch of other bad tit so it’s not really great to be using on children or anyone really

Reactions: 18
I don’t really think IQ testing or teachers requesting kids getting an IQ test is really a common thing here in the UK? I went to state schools so it might be different for private, but we had a gifted and talented group in secondary, which I think you had to be recommended for by one of your teachers if you were getting really good grades and showing potential or whatever. As far as I know those kids, I wasn’t in that group but was friends with a few from it and they never said anything about IQ tests . Anyway, IQ is ridiculously outdated and low key racist, ableist and a whole bunch of other bad tit so it’s not really great to be using on children or anyone really
I doubt her school would have done IQ tests, they’re likely to have their own tests for “high achievers” but because it’s private the pressure on the school is much higher to have everyone be “exceptional” they’re likely to have done mixed testing for them to even attend the senior school I don’t know if you would skip it if you were an existing pupil, I assume she has just taken them online and then has gone in irritated her teachers with it

Reactions: 9
IQ tests have an extremely problematic origin & past but IQ tests are still used ALOT. And especially on children, specifically school age. If Ruby really had an IQ 130-160, even if they didn’t request a test, they would’ve atleast told her parents. Pupils like this absolutely stand out.

I remember her saying that her & her friend were irritated in class since everything was so “slow”. She kept saying she didn’t want to brag. With how obsessed she is about academics, there’s no way she didn’t address this with her school or parents.

Anyway she gives me High Average IQ vibes at most. Which is still high.

Reactions: 11
Can confirm, I was gifted & talented in some subjects and it basically meant I got to go to some extra out of school events now and then.

Reactions: 6
I think online IQ tests love to overestimate, a few I did when I was a teenager put me at ~155 which is obviously not true. No doubt Ruby did some of those shoddy tests

Reactions: 5
Can confirm, I was gifted & talented in some subjects and it basically meant I got to go to some extra out of school events now and then.
I was also 'gifted and talented' in a few subjects. I was gifted and talented in maths at primary school - I got access to a special maths game website(?!). And then I was gifted and talented in English at secondary school. We were segregated on a separate table in our English class and got extra work and homework lol...

Reactions: 1
I was gifted and talented for everything in primary school and I’m now the dumbest witch ever lmfao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I did have to do IQ tests in primary school, because my grades were really weird (average at maths, very high linguistic subjects) and nothing came out of it. You really can’t do IQ tests of off the internet, because it’s not thorough enough. I had to answer much more questions than just the standard IQ test questions. It’s also about your upbringing and such!!
Anyway IQ tests are stupid and don’t really do much

Reactions: 6
Gifted and talented in the UK state system is usually the top x% of students in a particular class, it’s not based on IQ testing (which isn’t common in schools here). The problem is that the top (say) 10% in a comprehensive isn’t necessarily going to be the same as the top 10% in a highly selective grammar, so it’s all a bit arbitrary.

Reactions: 21
Lol when I was 13 I took way too many online personality tests so I ended up taking several IQ tests. The range of results was from 85-190, so I think I can say the free online ones are inconsistent.
I think I probably do fall somewhere within that range though haha

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Gifted and talented in the UK state system is usually the top x% of students in a particular class, it’s not based on IQ testing (which isn’t common in schools here). The problem is that the top (say) 10% in a comprehensive isn’t necessarily going to be the same as the top 10% in a highly selective grammar, so it’s all a bit arbitrary.
Just too add she went to a private school, they have to do entrance tests etc so it’s already more selective

Reactions: 4
I could be totally wrong about this but, she went to a private school right? And aren’t they allowed to set their own exam boards against any curriculum and are often criticised for being way easier than state schools and therefore a bit easier to get higher grades....

Reactions: 5
Point is the girl is not a gifted child. Very smart & motivated tho. Also has the perfect environmental factors to develop academically.

(btw: I’m not from the UK but where I’m from IQ testing is done every single time it is suspected a child is gifted or they want to assess something regarding their school performance)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just too add she went to a private school, they have to do entrance tests etc so it’s already more selective
Meh, not all private schools are selective academically. Financially maybe 😉 Although the 11+ is based around IQ tests so if she did that she has sort-of taken one.

Edited to add: I’ve made this point before but Ruby’s school is in an area that has grammar schools, as well as being close to one of the most highly selective independent girls’ schools in the UK. So it’s likely she was part of a more mixed ability cohort at secondary level, since a lot of the really bright kids locally would try for a grammar and would leave at 11. Also it’s likely that a lot of girls went to her school for the primary years as a sort-of ’crammer’ to get them through the 11+, so at secondary level her school would be more mixed, and was more akin to a comp than a more selective school. Albeit a comp with small classes and wealthy parents lol. Interestingly that’s one of the reasons why there used to be a lot of smaller independent girls’ schools in the UK, as when the 11+ was national it was actually harder for girls to get a place at a grammar school since there were fewer places overall for girls. Parents who could afford it and who didn’t want their daughters to go to a secondary modern would pay for a private school as the next best thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Meh, not all private schools are selective academically. Financially maybe 😉 Although the 11+ is based around IQ tests so if she did that she has sort-of taken one.
Put it this way, from what I know of it (I know it fairly well) they do take on the most academically able ones, there are others in the areas but this one is fairly decent

Reactions: 1
IQ tests have an extremely problematic origin & past but IQ tests are still used ALOT. And especially on children, specifically school age. If Ruby really had an IQ 130-160, even if they didn’t request a test, they would’ve atleast told her parents. Pupils like this absolutely stand out.

I remember her saying that her & her friend were irritated in class since everything was so “slow”. She kept saying she didn’t want to brag. With how obsessed she is about academics, there’s no way she didn’t address this with her school or parents.

Anyway she gives me High Average IQ vibes at most. Which is still high.
I feel like children being bored in elementary school is not an indication of being gifted at all lol (but I think Ruby thinks it's a sign that she is more intelligent than average). Like I was often bored in primary school but it was because I learned how to read when I was 4 and I was already reading Harry Potter by the time I started primary school. And I feel like it's very easy and common to be bored and find things 'slow' in primary school. It doesn't mean you're particularly gifted imo.
In general the concept of intelligence is a bit foggy for me (which might be a self-burn).

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.