Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did she pronounce Poirot? I haven’t the patience to trawl through her videos.

Thanks
I feel like it’s necessary to add that she also did a book haul that included a novel written by Honoré de Balzac, and she chose to introduce it by telling us the name of the translator and not the author. Because, you know, there’s no way of finding out how names or words are pronounced. Certainly not before filming time.

editing to add that while I’m remembering random reasons we should laugh at her, I also wish to recall the multiple times (I think one of them was her ”boo hoo I was rejected from Oxford but it’s totes okay” video) that she announced she wanted to be totally ”congruent” with us about her mental health. Go right ahead, Roobee, and never mind the dictionary in the corner of the room.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m not speculating about if Ruby has an ED, but it can’t be denied that she’s lost a lot of weight round her face
She must get lots of comments about her portion sizes, as I don't know why else she always feels the need to add the 'some of these are snacks' disclaimer.
Edit: Just looked at the post, and she's now removed the part about the food being snacks...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel like it’s necessary to add that she also did a book haul that included a novel written by Honoré de Balzac, and she chose to introduce it by telling us the name of the translator and not the author. Because, you know, there’s no way of finding out how names or words are pronounced. Certainly not before filming time.
This definitely reeks of ethnocentrism lol
And this is Honore de Balzac. If she can't be bothered to pronounce his name she probably doesn't even try to read books by less known non-English speaking or non-European authors.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Did she start reading ED books before or after her Holly G obsession?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did she start reading ED books before or after her Holly G obsession?
I think she started reading ED books after “getting into” Holly. First year on her philosophy course she had a narna shirt, first year on her English course she was reading ED books... and sometimes bad ones at that.

I DO have a hot take on this one, actually. I’m currently writing a history master’s thesis and have a copy of one of the first ED books she mentioned called Fasting Girls: The History of Anorexia Nervosa by Joan Jacobs Bromberg. It’s not good. The scholarship is really out of date and extremely ethnocentric, to name just a couple problems. I remember she said a professor recommended it to her, which I absolutely do not believe. She found it on her own, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just watched her latest vlog about meeting folks. I don't dislike Ruby as much as people do on here but my god... I bet she's just boring to be around.

Like, I want to know what sort of banter does she have?

Reactions: 11
anyone remember why the comment section is disabled?
probably because people were commenting how wealthy she must be to afford this regularly as a university student and she wanted to hide her privilege? imo it's fine if she or anyone else can afford it, it's stuff she uses and it's going to give others their wage, but be comfortable with what you buy ffs

Reactions: 7
How expensive was the delivery service she used for her groceries in this old video? I'm not from the UK so I'm confused why this would show how wealthy she is. Is it like Costco in North America where you pay 60$ yearly to have access to the store?

Reactions: 1
How expensive was the delivery service she used for her groceries in this old video? I'm not from the UK so I'm confused why this would show how wealthy she is. Is it like Costco in North America where you pay 60$ yearly to have access to the store?
It's a standard supermarket rather than a wholesale subscription place, but it tends to be one of the more "upmarket", expensive ones - you might be paying anywhere from £20-£40 extra for a like-for-like weekly shop compared to other supermarkets. For an average uni student surviving on ramen and beans on toast, this'd be a crazy amount to pay.

Reactions: 18
Just watched her latest vlog about meeting folks. I don't dislike Ruby as much as people do on here but my god... I bet she's just boring to be around.

Like, I want to know what sort of banter does she have?
Guessing it'll all be stuff she's cribbed from HP, "really Ron, just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon!"

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I think we’ve fully moved on from ”dark” academia to cottagecore, but The Take just posted a video on “What Dark Academia says about Elite Education.”

Reactions: 12
It’s similar to doing your groceries somewhere like wholefoods in terms of the cost of stuff they have! Everything is name brand.

Reactions: 3
This definitely reeks of ethnocentrism lol
And this is Honore de Balzac. If she can't be bothered to pronounce his name she probably doesn't even try to read books by less known non-English speaking or non-European authors.
I wish she'd tried to pronounce it, I would've liked to hear Roobee say "honour the ballsack" 😂

8 passengers ??? LOL
In an old DITL or night routine I remember her saying she watches an 8 passengers vlog to unwind when she goes to bed. I wonder if she still does that, they aren't very Victorian cottagecore, and watching vlogs is not ✨productive✨

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There are so many scandals around 8 Passengers too - lots of stuff in their videos that is problematic (taking away a child's bed as punishment etc). There are a fair few videos about it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
There are so many scandals around 8 Passengers too - lots of stuff in their videos that is problematic (taking away a child's bed as punishment etc). There are a fair few videos about it.
What the actual duck, why would anyone want to watch that 😩 I just looked at their channel and I find it really odd, what is the obsession with saying sorry?
AB5D202F-3BA5-43FF-AAA9-AD254A964BD1.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.