Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 609713
New review dropped. Ruby, no.
For an English Lit student, you'd hope she could go into something in a bit more depth? I know it's been said before but...
Exeter has just been ranked in the top 150 QS world university rankings, and Ruby is someone who is essentially promoting them every day, and not doing a great job with it. I really wonder how much help she got with her personal statement etc., and how much truth there is to her grades that she shares

Reactions: 21
For an English Lit student, you'd hope she could go into something in a bit more depth? I know it's been said before but...
Exeter has just been ranked in the top 150 QS world university rankings, and Ruby is someone who is essentially promoting them every day, and not doing a great job with it. I really wonder how much help she got with her personal statement etc., and how much truth there is to her grades that she shares
I checked, Exeter is ranked 55 for English, my uni is ranked 41🥰

Overall Exeter is ranked 164 and my uni is ranked 61 😏

Reactions: 7

At the end of the day Exeter is a RG uni.
Besides, we all know people who went/go to great unis and we are baffled at how they even got in.

Let’s not pretend Ruby is representative of all English Exeter students 🥴

Reactions: 18

I don’t know about English, I'm not on that course 😂 but I got the email today and it's made it into the top 150, my point isn't to brag on behalf of Roobee or anything (or to start some form of bragging war about our uni's rankings), my point is she's not putting her best foot forward when it comes to representing her university, her course, or herself

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t know about English, I'm not on that course 😂 but I got the email today and it's made it into the top 150, my point isn't to brag on behalf of Roobee or anything (or to start some form of bragging war about our uni's rankings), my point is she's not putting her best foot forward when it comes to representing her university, her course, or herself
Yeah my comment was just a little joke, rankings are often bs, but I agree with you. I don't get why her grades are quite good while her reviews and stuff are so bad.

Reactions: 3
Given how performative she is in what she decides to show/vlog I can't imagine her being 100% transparent with her grades.

They are no ones business but her own but I can imagine her stretching the truth regarding them especially because if her grades aren't high then that would hurt her "brand" and imagine. We've already established that she's not at clever as she presents herself to be. Yes she would've been seen as an intelligent and well poised child but she's 21 now and her growth just stunted and she doesn't even try to broaden her horizons (on the educational, social and personal growth level). It's really a shame because she could do so much given her privilege and platform.

I used to identify with and admire her a lot but over the past year her highly "intelligent" façade keeps falling apart and it makes me question who she really is. She's not relatable anymore, if she ever was in the first place.

Reactions: 12
I honestly wouldn't trust Ruby to have the forethought to think 'I should represent this course well because that will directly benefit me in the future' when she's trying to pretend she's a Victorian child

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can understand some people’s arguments about her long studying hours and it not really making a difference grade wise. She studies for 11 hours but gets the similar grades to someone who would study 4-5 hours. The question is does Ruby ever think about adjusting the way she studies or how productive her studying is? It can only help her, this way she has more time for more fun things.

Reactions: 16
I can understand some people’s arguments about her long studying hours and it not really making a difference grade wise. She studies for 11 hours but gets the similar grades to someone who would study 4-5 hours. The question is does Ruby ever think about adjusting the way she studies or how productive her studying is? It can only help her, this way she has more time for more fun things.
I think part of the issue is that Ruby doesn’t necessarily consider ‘fun’ productive. To most people working efficiently means you can go on nights out, take days off, spend time on hobbies or just lay on the sofa watching Netflix. I’ve always got the sense that Ruby looks down on people who work for less time so they can go to the pub (or do anything else!) because she directly equates time with effectiveness, and struggles to believe that someone who works 5 hours a day then goes out and gets drunk, or watches - the horror, the horror - a whole film in the evening instead of just 20 minutes, could possibly be as intelligent, hard working, or successful grades-wise as her. The only kind of ‘fun’ we ever see her having is prancing around in fields, exercise (but to a potentially unhealthy extent), and reading children’s books. Most stuff 21 year olds consider fun, she seems to regard as beneath her.

Also, we don’t actually know that it doesn’t make a difference grades-wise. She could clearly cut out a lot of the busy-work (nobody needs that many to-do lists), but she may genuinely need to do hours of work to maintain her grades. That would definitely support the idea most of us have that she really isn’t especially academic, and has to do twice the amount of work as others in order to get the grades she does. It’s obviously insanely unhealthy, and she definitely should cut down her hours, but maybe she knows that she needs to do this much work to keep up.

Reactions: 22
sheesh... that amount of depth is overwhelming. in other news, Emma was born at 18:00 on 15th April 1990
I didn't even realise it was about a children's book as I didn't know the book before this... the review was already meh but now it makes me want to pull my hair out

We've already established that she's not at clever as she presents herself to be.

Ruby reminds me slightly of this women, someone who wants to be perceived as intelligent, although I haven't seen her blatantly bragging about grades (I may be wrong tho). As we have established, her book reviews/ comments are very superficial. That with the long hours she has to put in to obtain the grades she does makes me think that she isn't as intelligent as she comes across. In my opinion she is probably has average intelligence.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
View attachment 609713
New review dropped. Ruby, no.
Also, surely it’s ’scourge’ and not ‘scrouge’ ... I just know Ruby’s been pronouncing it sc-rooge.

Ruby reminds me slightly of this women, someone who wants to be perceived as intelligent, although I haven't seen her blatantly bragging about grades (I may be wrong tho). As we have established, her book reviews/ comments are very superficial. That with the long hours she has to put in to obtain the grades she does makes me think that she isn't as intelligent as she comes across. In my opinion she is probably has average intelligence.
I don’t know what the context of that is and whilst the Maria-character comes off as a bit unpleasant it does seem set up to humiliate her. For a start, the ‘average’ IQ is 100 so if you pulled six randoms off the street you’d be unlikely to get six people with above average IQs, which they all apparently have. Also, not to poop on anyone’s IQ but an internet-based test administered in those conditions is not going to be at all accurate. It might be an indicator but I’m always sceptical of anyone who claims a high IQ based on an internet test. I’m sure in one video Ruby claimed an IQ of 140. That might be the case but sounds more like a figure based on a Buzzfeed quiz, since however badly you do on these tests I’ve never seen anyone score less than 100, which is improbable. It’s like every vlogger who wants to be seen as ‘special‘ claims they’re an INFJ in Myers-Briggs because they read the definitions and saw that was the least common personality type (and I’m just using that as an example, I’m not conflating them and I know that both IQ testing and Myers-Briggs are massively problematic and have questionable histories. I’m just using them as examples of vloggers spouting nonsense to claim specialness).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don’t know what the context of that is and whilst the Maria-character comes off as a bit unpleasant it does seem set up to humiliate her.
I definitely don't think ruby is unpleasant in the same manor as her. This isn't the whole video btw, it is part of the original so It comes across differently here I think.

Also, not to poop on anyone’s IQ but an internet-based test administered in those conditions is not going to be at all accurate. It might be an indicator but I’m always sceptical of anyone who claims a high IQ based on an internet test.
yes, I think that most internet IQ tests are far from accurate, but my point of this is that I think it demonstrates quite nicely the Dunning-Kruger effect (a cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are)

I've noticed she's currently reading The Diamond as Big as The Ritz, which is great but really short (well under 100 pages). I swear she only reads short things for her ridiculous goodreads book total

Reactions: 4
I’m sure in one video Ruby claimed an IQ of 140.
Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 18.51.00.png

Sorry for the repeats but I found this in a previous thread. OMG the bottom bits definitely support your point about Ruby wanting to seem UnIqUe and "Not like other girls". All her supposed IQ scores are in the "gifted" range. 160 is Einsteins supposed IQ, a bit far fetched to put yourself in the same league as him after taking an online IQ test don't you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
yes, I think that most internet IQ tests are far from accurate, but my point of this is that I think it demonstrates quite nicely the Dunning-Kruger effect (a cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are)
I understand Dunning-Kruger but I don’t think that’s a good illustration of it. As in, Maria definitely wasn’t ‘stupid’ and probably wasn’t overestimating her own intelligence, just underestimating that of everyone else 😀 She’s doing a PhD which is something I have huge respect for as it’s not easy and objectively, you can’t get that far in an academic career and not be fairly bright and competent. Dunning-Kruger is more used to define people who aren’t bright enough to realise how stupid they are. Maria’s issue was more her definition of intelligence, which changed rapidly when she herself didn’t fit it!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.