Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the vlog that Molly Jones put up of her time in Exeter with Ruby and Blakeney and she showed one of their at-home meals in more detail. I really like Molly, and from what I've seen I like Blakeney, too. What I don't understand is how Ruby and Blakeney together couldn't have thought: "hmm. we're having a new friend who's recovering from anorexia over to stay for a few days, maybe we should be prepared to cook more than peas and carrots on burnt tortilla chips." I want to shake them and ask them what on earth they're doing.

Reactions: 32
I just watched the vlog that Molly Jones put up of her time in Exeter with Ruby and Blakeney and she showed one of their at-home meals in more detail. I really like Molly, and from what I've seen I like Blakeney, too. What I don't understand is how Ruby and Blakeney together couldn't have thought: "hmm. we're having a new friend who's recovering from anorexia over to stay for a few days, maybe we should be prepared to cook more than peas and carrots on burnt tortilla chips." I want to shake them and ask them what on earth they're doing.
Wait did they serve that stuff to their friend too? Omg
I can tell why they put up the 'no adults allowed' sign.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Molly’s vlog, while very sweet and wholesome, was also super food focused.

But it looks like they all had a genuinely good time and I’m happy they’ve found kindred spirits in each other. I think the superficial things (”we all enjoy tea and books”) are the ones that are easy to show on camera, it can be harder to articulate the rest of the ways and reasons they got on so well, and tbh they don’t owe us a detailed explanation of it.

Reactions: 8
I've been watching Ruby for about a year and I actually found this forum when I tried to to see if anyone else had noticed that she's lost a frightening amount of weight. It seems to me that not only has she been exercising way more than I would say is normal (some of her routines would have 3 exercise sessions a day, plus long walks) she has also changed her eating habits from they were when she began university.

I feel like this food haul video gives a good idea of what she ate and it's clear she eats differently now:

There are snacks and veggie burgers here, beans and bread -- foods that are calorically dense, basically. Now she eats frozen fruit bowls for breakfast and boiled vegetables for lunch and dinner. Back in her first year, she even followed recipes (she mentioned Buzzfeed's Tasty recipes a few times in vlogs). I really think she's not doing well and I hope over the summer people around her don't let her exercise off every calorie she takes in.
That was still at uni :eek: I must say it wasn't the best look,I totally erased that fringe from my memory.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Molly’s vlog, while very sweet and wholesome, was also super food focused.

But it looks like they all had a genuinely good time and I’m happy they’ve found kindred spirits in each other. I think the superficial things (”we all enjoy tea and books”) are the ones that are easy to show on camera, it can be harder to articulate the rest of the ways and reasons they got on so well, and tbh they don’t owe us a detailed explanation of it.
What's Molly's channel please, I'd like to see how she presented her trip from her perspective.

ETA, found it

What's Molly's channel please, I'd like to see how she presented her trip from her perspective.

ETA, found it
As a Northener, I found that pronunciation of ‘pikelet’ actually offensive. It is not and never will be pronounced ‘pico-lay’. It’s a pyke-lut.

Reactions: 20
As a Northener, I found that pronunciation of ‘pikelet’ actually offensive. It is not and never will be pronounced ‘pico-lay’. It’s a pyke-lut.
Thank you! I’m not a native speaker but I was still questioning my entire existence when they came out with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Even for someone without a history of eating disorders, if I went to a friend's house and they served me that, I'd be tempted to call the police. That's a hate crime disguised as dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Even for someone without a history of eating disorders, if I went to a friend's house and they served me that, I'd be tempted to call the police. That's a hate crime disguised as dinner.
Yup, I'm usually not bothered about how impressive the food I make is (rice cooker meals for life) but if someone's coming round you better believe I'm making spag bol, garlic bread and a lil salad (or something else hearty, like a chili!)

Reactions: 21
I’m not speculating about if Ruby has an ED, but it can’t be denied that she’s lost a lot of weight round her face
That smile she’s doing genuinely looks like it’s physically painful.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yup, I'm usually not bothered about how impressive the food I make is (rice cooker meals for life) but if someone's coming round you better believe I'm making spag bol, garlic bread and a lil salad (or something else hearty, like a chili!)
Yup, or if you're entertaining a friend or two and can't be bothered to cook, you order in. I'm sure there's tonnes of vegan takeaway places in Exeter (Free content idea #1,346 for Ruby: Why not try and review all the vegan takeout places nearby? You clearly can't be trusted to cook for yourself.) Instead she threw some depressing filth on a plate for a friend she just met.

Reactions: 16
Yup, or if you're entertaining a friend or two and can't be bothered to cook, you order in. I'm sure there's tonnes of vegan takeaway places in Exeter (Free content idea #1,346 for Ruby: Why not try and review all the vegan takeout places nearby? You clearly can't be trusted to cook for yourself.) Instead she threw some depressing filth on a plate for a friend she just met.
Honestly I wouldn't even cook that for myself, let alone a friend coming over for dinner lmao

Reactions: 14
Honestly I wouldn't even cook that for myself, let alone a friend coming over for dinner lmao
My only hope with Ruby’s content is if a young viewer DOES copy Ruby’s eating habits, they would think it’s disgusting and probably wouldn’t try to copy another of her meals again lol

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I thought the same. It's Poirot all over again 🤣
The pikelet thing was hilarious. It’s not a French food, it wouldn’t have come from France (I’d guess, if you read the packaging it’d be from Staffordshire or Derbyshire) so why on earth would it be pronounced in a French way? All three of them confidently agreeing on a really wrong pronunciation made me laugh, but Lord I’d love to have grown up in their worlds. (Also, I really want to know the logic that tells you that Hercule Poirot (okay, not French but Belgian) is not pronounced in the French way but a northern delicacy obviously is ...)

Reactions: 15
How did she pronounce Poirot? I haven’t the patience to trawl through her videos.

Thanks

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.