Roz Purcell.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds genuinely sorry. It can be hard starting a new venture without an established company to back you up. A lot to think about and get right. I'd say she died when she realised her mistake! šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 7
But to have a 14-16 size labelled as an XL wasnā€™t a good start

Reactions: 13
Incredibly disappointed in her and the clothing line! I understand mistakes are made but as many have said, sheā€™s made body positivity her whole schtick and canā€™t even make an inclusive clothing line! Had it been an issue with the size 6-8 or 8-10, would she have gone ahead?
I do also think itā€™s v. harmful to label a 10-12 as L!! Seems the whole thing is a joke

Reactions: 10
Not a good look
I had a nose. All the negative posts that have 50+ likes and are 9hours old are all still there from what I can see.

Plus from what I can see all the folks with negative comments about her don't even follow her in the first place. Jumping on the bandwagon?

Reactions: 5
That's not exactly a small mistake and she shouldn't be given any leeway for it. She has a team behind her. She has literally built her whole entire brand and aesthetic on body positivity. To say "I made a mistake" isn't exactly cutting the mustard.

And yeah her apology was "sincere" - she was sincerely shitting it that this is all going down the toilet because of her total lack of care and consideration for women over a certain size.

Reactions: 11
Sounds genuinely sorry. It can be hard starting a new venture without an established company to back you up. A lot to think about and get right. I'd say she died when she realised her mistake! šŸ™ˆ
Iā€™d say she did!! she would of had none to send to Trishas Transformation!! She got a grand free all expensive paid holiday from Failte Ireland to promote it during the summer and her sister included!!

Reactions: 2
I feel like sheā€™s back pedalling a bit with this to protect profit. She probably stood to make quite a bit on the items as in my own opinion anyway the price point was quite high - Iā€™d rather spend that kind of money on a reputable outdoor brand than an influencerā€™s edit. The windbreaker is quite unique and eye catching Iā€™ll admit but the black hoodie definitely isnā€™t worth ā‚¬60, you can get something similar in Dunnes for a fraction of the price minus a sewn on badge. I also found it a bit strange when she did the sizing videos that she herself was trying on the ā€œlargerā€ (but not actually large as it turns out) sizes. Get someone who actually is that size to model them to give a better representation!

Reactions: 3
I have to say the whole crying on Instagram stories (and I say this when all the bloggers do it) is soooo performative! Like any comments/tweets I have seen are valid criticism- she made a clothing line that excludes lots and lots of people and people are rightly upset after her spending how long pushing bopo - and she calls it ā€˜tearing her downā€™.

I feel genuinely sorry for her! She definitely fucked up but she addressed it head on and had the balls to reply to comments etc unlike other people/influencers! I believe she is genuine and it's must be an awful lonely place when tit hits the fan and your getting torn to shreds online!

She is on crying today. So much for miss " content content " and all inclusion , size dosent matter . That was a massive mistake for someone who preaches non stop about body positivity. That sizing was atrocious but didn't mind slapping them up for sale without waiting for the bigger sizes to be corrected . They all come on crying when they want people to send them positive only messages. Thought she said she was getting feedback? One video later its everyone is tearing her down crying ? She fucked up thats what she is crying over . A dose in her own right she is. She is the only person from Tipperary when she wants to be . I really went off her in recent months

Same. I liked her before she started all this showing off her fat and cellulite to try and appeal to everyone. If the 16 was labelled as a XL really donā€™t think she had any intention of getting bigger sizes. She probably thought going by her hike life followers the biggest would be a 14-16

She 100% planned for size 16 to be the max size. Otherwise she would've come out and said well beforehand that there were issues with larger sizes and there would be a delay with those.

She should have waited and launched all sizes together when she had the full range but, in fairness to her sizing labels, Iā€™m a 12-14 and any of my clothes from ā€œhigh streetā€ shops and ASOS etc are a large. Sizing has gone to the dogs in recent years and Iā€™m not saying itā€™s right but sheā€™s far from being alone regarding that labelling!

Reactions: 1
It's absolutely disgusting that she posts pictures of her beautiful body and its "flaws" whilst riding the body positivity movement wave, getting pats on the back for being "brave" and "inspiring" and "inclusive" - but to then go and release a clothing line where your "XL" is a 14-16???? How damaging is that? How many young girls have followed her and felt encouraged by her "honesty" to now once again feel rejected and excluded?
It just shows how fake Roz is. She's all about inclusivity when it means gaining followers and making money but at the end of the day she only wants a certain body wearing her clothing - a thin one.
Well, if you think about it, if you start 6-8 at XS, you end up with XL at 14-16. That's standard sizing. It's the industry that's the problem, not her, to be fair to the girl. If you start questioning that then you have to start at XXS and that's going to start another war, so you can't win.

Also, from a business venture perspective ignoring the sensitive issue that is weight and size, her current market are her hike life groups. If you go on that research alone, hypothetically, her current market may be only up to that size. If you're starting a new business you go with your market research first. If women weren't conditioned to be so bloody offended when it comes to how they look then it would have gone like this....

'Oh hi Roz, I'm a size 18 and would love one of these, will you be making them available in other sizes?'...that leads to more people expressing interest and thus evidence of a larger (no pun intended) market, and that's when you add new products or sizes.

Would also like to state that I am size 12-14 (or 16 if that's what fits), have been a size 8, and recovered from an eating disorder, so I'm not a privileged 'skinny girl' who's never had to worry about her size.

Reactions: 13
She 100% planned for size 16 to be the max size. Otherwise she would've come out and said well beforehand that there were issues with larger sizes and there would be a delay with those.

She did actually do just this. It might not have been handled perfectly but I saw her saying a couple of times that there were issues with the larger sizes and she wasnā€™t happy with the samples and wanted to get them right. I think this was just a mistake on her behalf. I think she has gotten a lot of flack for what seems like human error.

She seems decent underneath it all - In contrast to many other influencers who you couldnā€™t trust as far as you could throw them.

I think a
Well, if you think about it, if you start 6-8 at XS, you end up with XL at 14-16. That's standard sizing. It's the industry that's the problem, not her, to be fair to the girl. If you start questioning that then you have to start at XXS and that's going to start another war, so you can't win.

Also, from a business venture perspective ignoring the sensitive issue that is weight and size, her current market are her hike life groups. If you go on that research alone, hypothetically, her current market may be only up to that size. If you're starting a new business you go with your market research first. If women weren't conditioned to be so bloody offended when it comes to how they look then it would have gone like this....

'Oh hi Roz, I'm a size 18 and would love one of these, will you be making them available in other sizes?'...that leads to more people expressing interest and thus evidence of a larger (no pun intended) market, and that's when you add new products or sizes.

Would also like to state that I am size 12-14 (or 16 if that's what fits), have been a size 8, and recovered from an eating disorder, so I'm not a privileged 'skinny girl' who's never had to worry about her size.
100 % agree. Donā€™t understand people saying wait to launch. Most high street shops donā€™t go beyond a size 16/18. Not saying thatā€™s right but I think to start up to a size 16 is a reasonable launch. Think that sheā€™s getting a really hard time over this and sheā€™s one of the good ones whoā€™s real about her size and not photoshopping and filtering it all away.

No one deserves to be abused and everyone makes mistakes I just think followers of a bigger size are disappointed in her. This is her line of clothing so Iā€™m sure she could have made sure it was all inclusive if she wanted to. I didnā€™t hear her mention anything about bigger sizes just different colours the day she was showing how they fit but I might have missed that. Love the jackets though

Reactions: 3
Also to have not initially included people who are a size 6 but when realised sizing was tit only decided then to include them!

No one deserves to be abused and everyone makes mistakes I just think followers of a bigger size are disappointed in her. This is her line of clothing so Iā€™m sure she could have made sure it was all inclusive if she wanted to. I didnā€™t hear her mention anything about bigger sizes just different colours the day she was showing how they fit but I might have missed that. Love the jackets though
Recognising there is a difference between being abused and being criticised, particularly when you're an influencer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I havenā€™t seen anyone abuse her. Criticise her, yes, but abuse, no. If she puts out a product that she is making money from, she should be accountable for it and she should have foreseen the criticism considering the way she markets herself on Instagram. I agree, I think her followers are disappointed in her too, when she uses her ā€œcontent contentā€ (which irritates the life out of me, why not just post the original in the first place instead of filtering the first time?) to make herself seem like sheā€™s just like everyone else, they probably thought theyā€™d be able to dress like her too with her range but nope, the merch wonā€™t fit them because itā€™s not inclusive