Roz Purcell.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure about here but in the UK the average dress size is a size 16. Id say it is similar here. Imagine launching a product that, from the outset, excludes half of a population. (Given it's an accepted norm it's not surprising that people accept this discrimination toward fat people.) But, imagine preaching about body positivity, not the self love that influencers confuse with body positivity but, body positivity and then launching merch that goes up to a 16. It's incredulous. But not surprising.

Reactions: 6
I'm not sure about here but in the UK the average dress size is a size 16. Id say it is similar here. Imagine launching a product that, from the outset, excludes half of a population. (Given it's an accepted norm it's not surprising that people accept this discrimination toward fat people.) But, imagine preaching about body positivity, not the self love that influencers confuse with body positivity but, body positivity and then launching merch that goes up to a 16. It's incredulous. But not surprising.
A product that, bear in mind, is aimed at active women, who hike. I'm not by any means saying that larger women aren't active, but it would be naive to think that statistically her target market is an average size 16. I'm a size 12-14 myself and very active, so I'm not making assumptions on size vs activity levels, I'm just trying to put it in to an actual business perspective.

Reactions: 8
A product that, bear in mind, is aimed at active women, who hike. I'm not by any means saying that larger women aren't active, but it would be naive to think that statistically her target market is an average size 16. I'm a size 12-14 myself and very active, so I'm not making assumptions on size vs activity levels, I'm just trying to put it in to an actual business perspective.
You have just made an assumption 🙈

This carryon wouldn't entice anyone above a size 16 join any hikes with this cool size 6-16 only club. Not only do we think you're not active you also cannot wear our cool tops. Size 16+ couldn't be pushed any further away.
Her 'business' is body positivity but her practise shows the opposite.

Reactions: 10
I don’t buy that to be honest. I run and am an 8-10, pre-Covid I was regularly at 10ks and halfs and there were all shapes and sizes at those. I’d be overtaken regularly by folks who were a larger dress size than me, with better fitness and stamina. And my perception of The Hike Life was to get everyone out in the hills who might not have the confidence otherwise as she does a lot of beginner routes, so fitness and size shouldn’t come into it.

Reactions: 9
I literally said I’m not making assumptions on fitness versus size but thank you for evidence to back up my statement.

Reactions: 1
Really feel all of our body positivity posts showing her lumps and bumps where if u were really about body positivity and being inclusive to all sizes ya wouldn’t of released a clothing line without the full line...... Also who gets their sample sizes TWO WEEKS before a launch....

I can't stand her. she wrecks my head posting "normal" pics of herself with rolls etc. She is still a really slim absolutely stunning girl. She has no idea what it's like to navigate the world overweight or conventionally unattractive. She is literally a model. She shouldn't be leading any kind of body positivity movement. Her body positivity is just a marketing gimmick anyway just a way for her to make money. She is just jumping on the bandwagon when other people have been doing this work and talking about these issues for years and years before her.

Similarly being plant based now. She was never plant based or vegan until it became more mainstream and she realised she could moneitise it. Before that her natural born feeder stuff wasn't even vegetarian because she obviously felt vegetarian recipes wouldn't be profitable back then I'm Ireland.

She follows the money like every other influencer lol...

Reactions: 22
I can't stand her. she wrecks my head posting "normal" pics of herself with rolls etc. She is still a really slim absolutely stunning girl. She has no idea what it's like to navigate the world overweight or conventionally unattractive. She is literally a model. She shouldn't be leading any kind of body positivity movement. Her body positivity is just a marketing gimmick anyway just a way for her to make money. She is just jumping on the bandwagon when other people have been doing this work and talking about these issues for years and years before her.

Similarly being plant based now. She was never plant based or vegan until it became more mainstream and she realised she could moneitise it. Before that her natural born feeder stuff wasn't even vegetarian because she obviously felt vegetarian recipes wouldn't be profitable back then I'm Ireland.

Totally agree with you.

Reactions: 5

I think there's definitely room in the body positivity movement to have straight-sized girls doing the "intagram-v-reality" style posts. It's all about normalising all bodies right? I find them hugely reassuring/beneficial. Though, I do think it's a trend that a lot have hopped on for clout, and that there's definitely influencers still posing in their "normal" picture.

I think there's definitely room in the body positivity movement to have straight-sized girls doing the "intagram-v-reality" style posts. It's all about normalising all bodies right? I find them hugely reassuring/beneficial. Though, I do think it's a trend that a lot have hopped on for clout, and that there's definitely influencers still posing in their "normal" picture.
I think the problem with straight sized girls doing the instagram v reality pics, especially the ones where they have rolls v no rolls is that for plus sized girls we have rolls whether it's instagram or reality! You could take a shoulder up pic of hide behind a friend in a picture but there's no picture 2 without a roll!

Reactions: 2
I think the problem with straight sized girls doing the instagram v reality pics, especially the ones where they have rolls v no rolls is that for plus sized girls we have rolls whether it's instagram or reality! You could take a shoulder up pic of hide behind a friend in a picture but there's no picture 2 without a roll!
I think I get what you're saying, like it's an attack on larger bodies? But I don't think that's the intent behind the trend, or at least that's certainly never the way I've taken it. I think for people on the other end of the spectrum it's good to see "skinny rolls" or bloating/weight fluctuations etc. normalised. Or how distorted our social media is because of the effects of posing. Eating disorders and body dysmorphia have been and are still hugely rising since the last decade, and its been correlated with social media.

Its obviously lovely she got another rescue dog but I know people who have applied and applied and applied and are still on lists for a small dog . One person wants to adopt so bad she is a year on a waiting list and I just feel like roz can rock up fill out the form and get a puppy . Im sure the rescue see it as advertising for them but you wouldn't see her waiting a year on one .

Its obviously lovely she got another rescue dog but I know people who have applied and applied and applied and are still on lists for a small dog . One person wants to adopt so bad she is a year on a waiting list and I just feel like roz can rock up fill out the form and get a puppy . Im sure the rescue see it as advertising for them but you wouldn't see her waiting a year on one .
To be fair I think she said in her stories she filled in the application ages ago like towards the start of the year!

I do wonder though if the influencers/personalities get first dibs sometimes. Blaithnaid Treacy just adopted a dachshund puppy from DSPCA and is doing great PR for them on Instagram to be fair but how many people must be on lists for puppies? Would she have taken an older less cute dog?

Reactions: 4
I do wonder though if the influencers/personalities get first dibs sometimes. Blaithnaid Treacy just adopted a dachshund puppy from DSPCA and is doing great PR for them on Instagram to be fair but how many people must be on lists for puppies? Would she have taken an older less cute dog?
I was thinking this about Roz too...her puppy is absolutely gorgeous so I wonder did they contact her before others because she knew the PR it would generate? Saying that I suppose the more people it sends to rescues the better because I think a lot of people don’t realise how bad a lot of breeders are (not all of them obviously don’t come for me 🙄) and how many unwanted dogs need homes!

Reactions: 3
Stopped following her today. So easy for her to say stop dieting 😡

Reactions: 5
Them tik tok videos she does are ridiculous. At the end of the day she is a MODEL. She can push out her non existent fat rolls and call it " content content ". Its all a marketing strategy , her so called niche in the market is " positivity ". She tells people to bin diets as non of them work . How does she know this ? She had an eating disorder , yes but that dosent mean you can preach online to skip diets . I have to be on a strict one for pain. Nothing to do with weight . But I feel she can be so preachy.

Them tik tok videos she does are ridiculous. At the end of the day she is a MODEL. She can push out her non existent fat rolls and call it " content content ". Its all a marketing strategy , her so called niche in the market is " positivity ". She tells people to bin diets as non of them work . How does she know this ? She had an eating disorder , yes but that dosent mean you can preach online to skip diets . I have to be on a strict one for pain. Nothing to do with weight . But I feel she can be so preachy.
She WAS a model. A model with a serious ED. For weight loss, diets don’t work long term; she’s right. I’ve recovered from an ED and find her incredibly inspirational and relate to her a lot. She’s not talking about diets for medical reasons. I’ve been on my every fad diet and permanently damaged my body from bulimia, so if I had her platform I’d be using it to try to save other people from the hardship I’ve been through as well.

Just because she’s not traditionally big doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand. She’s much ‘fatter’ than she was in her modelling days so she’s been through it. I used to get frustrated at small people preaching about feeling fat but everyone’s struggle is relative.

Reactions: 18
She WAS a model. A model with a serious ED. For weight loss, diets don’t work long term; she’s right. I’ve recovered from an ED and find her incredibly inspirational and relate to her a lot. She’s not talking about diets for medical reasons. I’ve been on my every fad diet and permanently damaged my body from bulimia, so if I had her platform I’d be using it to try to save other people from the hardship I’ve been through as well.

Just because she’s not traditionally big doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand. She’s much ‘fatter’ than she was in her modelling days so she’s been through it. I used to get frustrated at small people preaching about feeling fat but everyone’s struggle is relative.
Your opinion . My opinion . Happy new year .

You said this is your opinion. Well some of your opinions you state as facts and these facts are in fact incorrect.
"She is a model". No she was a model.
"As non of them work. How does she know this?" I can link you to multiple reviews of research studies that conclude with evidence that fad diets or a diet that advocates a restriction that is seemingly 'simple' doesn't actually work.
"I have to be on a strict one for pain". She isn't talking about medical diets.

• Heart