Roz Purcell.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah here, it's personal preference how someone likes to dress, I personally like baggy fleeces and jumeprs but tighter tshirts and jeans. That's a bit of a stretch to call out someone for how they like to wear their clothes!
Its one thing to wear things baggy, another to be a size 8/10, saying you wear things in size 24 for the room. It looked ridiculous on her even

Reactions: 5
Ah here, it's personal preference how someone likes to dress, I personally like baggy fleeces and jumeprs but tighter tshirts and jeans. That's a bit of a stretch to call out someone for how they like to wear their clothes!
I'm not calling out how she wears her clothes, I'm calling out that she chose a size which is 6-7 sizes bigger than she needs from a, presumably, limited number of those sizes. Plus size women already struggle to get off the peg clothes in their size without instahuns snaffling them when they clearly don't need them. That was my point.

I'm not calling out how she wears her clothes, I'm calling out that she chose a size which is 6-7 sizes bigger than she needs from a, presumably, limited number of those sizes. Plus size women already struggle to get off the peg clothes in their size without instahuns snaffling them when they clearly don't need them. That was my point.
That’s like saying I shouldn’t buy my size 8 shoes in the shop because I’m taking them away from someone else who may want them. 🙈🙄

That’s like saying I shouldn’t buy my size 8 shoes in the shop because I’m taking them away from someone else who may want them. 🙈🙄
Some people like bigger fitting clothes some smaller. They are suiting their own style . It’s not like they are robbing food from the poor for feck sake🙈 I presume there is the same amount of stock in all sizes .

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
You can't screen what people buy, I'm entitled to buy any size clothes I like?😂.

• Heart
I agree there was no need for Hilary to buy the 24 size. Ya fine go up a few sizes for comfort but that just looked ridiculous. It took Roz long enough to add the extra sizes so why give to someone that actually doesn’t need it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
After all the fuss and drama of Roz not doing the bigger sizes only to then do them and give them to someone who clearly doesn't need that size is absolutely ridiculous. There's a difference between bigger fitting and stupidly too big.

Reactions: 4
no it's not. It's like saying you will buy size 12 shoes even though you Don't need them and you know people with actual size 12 feet often cannot find shoes in the style they want and in mainstream shops.

Reactions: 6
no it's not. It's like saying you will buy size 12 shoes even though you Don't need them and you know people with actual size 12 feet often cannot find shoes in the style they want and in mainstream shops.
So I shouldn't buy food because I had a decent lunch, am not starving, and somebody hungrier in greater need of the food might come along? 🤯 I've seen the argument of clothes size come up time and time again and have never understood. Anyway, clothes sizes aren't even accurate, I have clothes in my wardrobe spanning across at least 4 different clothes sizes all supposed to be "fitted" to my body shape and size.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I shouldn't buy food because I had a decent lunch, am not starving, and somebody hungrier in greater need of the food might come along? 🤯 I've seen the argument of clothes size come up time and time again and have never understood. Anyway, clothes sizes aren't even accurate, I have clothes in my wardrobe spanning across at least 4 different clothes sizes all supposed to be "fitted" to my body shape and size.
No because there is plenty of food around. So if you eat all the food there will still be plenty of food for others.

Reactions: 3
No because there is plenty of food around. So if you eat all the food there will still be plenty of food for others.
So Roz stocks less of the bigger sized clothes? What if I was a size ten but didn’t have a flat stomach and wanted to hide it with a bigger size ? I’m not allowed to buy a bigger size because someone bigger deserves it more!! ? Stop the world I want to get off😳🙄

Reactions: 6
So Roz stocks less of the bigger sized clothes? What if I was a size ten but didn’t have a flat stomach and wanted to hide it with a bigger size ? I’m not allowed to buy a bigger size because someone bigger deserves it more!! ? Stop the world I want to get off😳🙄
No issue with that, it's getting a size that's much bigger than needed when it's already hard for people of that size to find clothes to fit. Roz went all out to say she was being inclusive in this range, she had listened to the feedback and wanted to cater for bigger bodies but then goes against that and gives a size 26 to someone who is a size 10 and already has the whole market available to her in terms of clothes to fit. If you've ever been plus size or know someone who is you'd know the difficulty in finding a size 26 on the high street, or even anything over a 16/18. They don't have the luxury of saying 'I'll just get the 10 cos I love the squashed in look'. In no world does a size 10 need a size 26.

Reactions: 9
In no world does a size 10 need a size 26.
Exactly this. Hilary said she wanted an over sized look, that a size or 2 up, be handy for fitting jumpers underneath etc. Not 8 bloody sizes up. It looked like she was trying on a bloody dryrobe

Reactions: 8
Exactly this. Hilary said she wanted an over sized look, that a size or 2 up, be handy for fitting jumpers underneath etc. Not 8 bloody sizes up. It looked like she was trying on a bloody dryrobe
Maybe she wanted that much of an oversized look though? She didn't want it to be just slightly big on her? I still don't get it sorry. I've bought clothes 5 sizes "too big" for me because that is the way I wanted it to look on me

Reactions: 2
Why would she send a size 26 to a size 10! It’s a bit weird
To be fair to Roz I don’t think she did send it. Someone else who was gifted something, I can’t remember who, said “this is what I picked”. I think they were pretty much shown the range and were allowed to choose a couple of pieces to be sent to them. Why you’d choose two different sizes is beyond me instead of two different pieces but anyway

Reactions: 1
This might get backlash but if your life is made so difficult to the point of not being able to find your clothes size in a 26 or what ever extremely large size. Why not make the effort of going on a diet and exercising. I had a baby recently and thyroid issues and a knee operation in the space of two years I went from a size 10 to a size 18. It wasn’t easy but I started a keto diet and have gotten down to a size 14 since August. This is whilst not being able to exercise and having a baby to look after and having covid and multiple health issues and depression. Jesus Christ if I can do it anyone can. Nobody should be a size 20 something I don’t care what anyone says it’s as unhealthy as smoking . Too many people pander to overweight peoples emotions and feelings when really they need to be told to lose weight for their own sakes.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Maybe she wanted that much of an oversized look though? She didn't want it to be just slightly big on her? I still don't get it sorry. I've bought clothes 5 sizes "too big" for me because that is the way I wanted it to look on me
Maybe so. I just think anything that oversized looks terrible and doesnt sit right.

Im a size 10 so completely unaffected by this, just think ill fitting clothes look awful

Too many people pander to overweight peoples emotions and feelings when really they need to be told to lose weight for their own sakes.
Are you actually for real? Like, can you hear yourself? When you went from a 10 to an 18 I'm sure you were grateful that there were clothes available to fit your body. If someone is a 14 or 16 and goes through what you did and went up to size 22/24 as a result should they not also be able to have clothes to fit them? I'm a size 10 myself so not directly affected but i have friends who are. Regardless, it's important to have an understanding and empathy for people whose shoes we've never had to walk in. 'Just lose weight' is such an unhelpful comment to be honest.

Reactions: 13
So what about someone that’s disabled that need larger clothes to fit their disability? It’s not just larger people that need clothes bigger. Very silly comment about weight

It is definitely a bit of a faux pas for Roz given how majorly she already fucked up by not being size inclusive originally. Like send a size 26 to a size 26 person.

Did she gift any of her clothes to any plus sized people?

Reactions: 2