Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did she have the baby? And she was saying today about how feeding was going and how they’d had a bad night? Wonder if she’ll go fully bottle. Just being nosey doesn’t matter I suppose
She had him at RVI in Newcastle I believe?

I am grateful that she shared it. If my baby is born with sticky out ears then it’s useful to know that there is a non-invasive treatment that may help when he or she is tiny and won’t know anything about it. Her sharing this experience means other parents may ask for treatment that they may otherwise not have known about.

Reactions: 14
I’ve seen this treatment for babies and wouldn’t hesitate to have it if my baby has very prominent ears.

My teens best friend has suffered horrific bullying due to sticky out ears and absolutely hates them. Another friends parents masking taped back her siblings ears as newborns but didn’t hers and she won’t ever wear her hair up or have it short.

It just entails a small splint and some micro pore type tape for a few weeks as a newborn as the cartledge is so soft. As you get older it entails ‘proper’ surgery so makes sense to correct it as baby if you think it might affect them later on

Reactions: 9
I think from what she said it’s ear splinting procedure for babies under 6 months to reshape their ears. She referenced ear lobes. I agree if it can be sorted quickly at this age then it’s the right thing to try to reshape the ear lobe.

DB3BFC0C-5BAD-40F8-8A8C-58613DC7844A.jpeg

Reactions: 2
He hasn't had them 'pinned back', he's having them taped for a few weeks and she's already said that if he's uncomfortable she'll stop. I knew she'd catch a load of grief here. If she didn't show him for a few weeks I can't imagine the conspiracy theories here 🙄
She ‘catches grief’ because she’s a twit.
Got to have an insta perfect baby though. How about she just takes her maternity leave, stops posting her kids all over the internet where god knows who watches, enjoys her time with them rather than getting them to show things to her through the phone and then we wouldn’t have even known.

Wild suggestion I know

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She is making me terrified to have my second baby, I thought the second one was meant to be easier but she's making it look harder!

She ‘catches grief’ because she’s a twit.
Got to have an insta perfect baby though. How about she just takes her maternity leave, stops posting her kids all over the internet where god knows who watches, enjoys her time with them rather than getting them to show things to her through the phone and then we wouldn’t have even known.

Wild suggestion I know
Agreed

She is making me terrified to have my second baby, I thought the second one was meant to be easier but she's making it look harder!
Honestly it will be easier for you, you know what you are doing, you have done it before.
❣

As a parent, consent is yours to decide until the child is old enough so to use that as a reason to get at her is nonsense. She has provided consent to share what is of no consequence to her baby at the time, and.may help other families wondering what to do. I get she's a moaning Minnie of high privilege but some of the shite on here is driving me mad.
Completely agree. Some of the stuff that people moan about on this thread is clutching at straws. She’s a fantastic mother and yet people choose to focus on the negatives.

Reactions: 15
No wonder she's tired listening to a podcast at 3am! With my first i used to put the light on to feed him and always knew what time it was, once I stopped looking at my phone in the night I got a lot more sleep. I breastfed two babies who didn't take a bottle so did every feed myself. Hope she is getting on OK with feeding it's such a big deal in the early days.

Reactions: 5
Completely agree. Some of the stuff that people moan about on this thread is clutching at straws. She’s a fantastic mother and yet people choose to focus on the negatives.
Agree too. There is a difference between rightly calling people online out on some of their Instagram tit like #ads/gifts, breaking lockdown rules etc and just being a playground bully. This thread, especially since Rafe was born, has just turned into a cesspit of bullies. Some of the comments have been down right disgusting. I had stopped reading here but came on to see what rubbish was being said about the ear thing and was not surprised. I’m back over to the lockdown rule breaker threads where they deserve the tit they are given

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Again, just reiterating that I am in no way criticising her for the ear thing (don’t even know what to call it as I got called out for calling it pinning back, then got called out for calling it cosmetic, so I’ll just stick with “ear thing” ha ha). What I am critical of is sharing this with 800 thousand strangers on the internet, especially when it is not her who is having it done. Tell us about your c-section scar, your breastfeeding trials and tribulations and so on- that is YOUR personal information that you can choose to share. But a 2 week old baby can not consent to their personal information being shared. Those saying it’s worth it if he doesn’t get bullied in the future- never mind his ears, she’s giving bullies all the mileage they need with the personal stuff she shares on both Robin and now Rafe on Instagram and in their podcast. She literally calls them “little tit” and stuff like that all the time, referred to the baby producing a dirty nappy as “shitting himself”.
She posts a lot on Instagram though. What was she supposed to do? If she suddenly stopped posting pictures of him people would ask questions. If she suddenly stopped posting altogether people would ask questions. If she continued posting without saying anything at all people would ask why she had stuck tape on his ears. I don’t think she’s particularly done anything wrong here.

Reactions: 6
She posts a lot on Instagram though. What was she supposed to do? If she suddenly stopped posting pictures of him people would ask questions. If she suddenly stopped posting altogether people would ask questions. If she continued posting without saying anything at all people would ask why she had stuck tape on his ears. I don’t think she’s particularly done anything wrong here.
She said she was having a break for maternity leave? Why not just do as she said. The fact is she struggled to do a day without posting.

Chris manages without plastering the kids all over the internet constantly?

I’ve actually stuck up for her with some of the things like having a glass of wine but she had the cheek to do a post how her and Chris were worse off than everyone else last week?

The kids got some tape on his ears she said so herself, he’s not had plastic surgery so not sure why people are in uproar about that but she needs to have a break from Instagram like she said she was in my opinion

Reactions: 11
The baby is easier as you know what to expect. Its juggling thr two which is a bit harder. Then number 3 and 4 are easier 😂

Ha ha I knew as soon as I saw the baby’s ears last night that this thread would be lively this morning. Personally I don’t see a problem with a little bit of tape, especially if it can avoid surgery later in life. Also I don’t see a problem with her sharing it as I think it could make another parent feel better about the process. They must have been noticeable for the hospital to mention something in the first place.

Reactions: 15
She said she was having a break for maternity leave? Why not just do as she said. The fact is she struggled to do a day without posting.

Chris manages without plastering the kids all over the internet constantly?

I’ve actually stuck up for her with some of the things like having a glass of wine but she had the cheek to do a post how her and Chris were worse off than everyone else last week?

The kids got some tape on his ears she said so herself, he’s not had plastic surgery so not sure why people are in uproar about that but she needs to have a break from Instagram like she said she was in my opinion
Sorry my comment was in response to someone saying she shouldn’t have been talking about anything medical to do with him. Not about whether she needs to have a break for maternity or not. That’s a whole other debate haha!

Reactions: 1
And ....
If she had taken the maternity leave she had gone on about none of these conversations would be happening!

Reactions: 5
When I first watched her story I was a bit horrified thinking the poor little baby had been through some surgery (misunderstood what she said) but after a quick Google I realised it's not invasive at all and if it prevents him needing or wanting it done later down the line then good. Also, she clearly said he's not bothered by it at all and if he does become bothered they'll stop so no harm is done in my eyes.

Reactions: 4
One of my friends loves spicy food and would throw back hot curries, spicy Chinese and all sorts when breast feeding. I honestly do not know how her baby didn’t constantly have the shits 😂
I did this... He had it while I was pregnant so I figured he was used to it 😂 and he never had an upset stomach, one of his first tastes of foods at 6.5 months was a chicken dopiaza and at 2 his fave food is curry or anything wish herbs and spices 😂

Reactions: 1
Whatever happened to night feeding with a cosy light on, dozing whilst they feed, quick nappy change then back to sleep ? Why is she putting lights on, podcasts on and messing about doing tiktoks ? No wonder she is tired and finding it difficult!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.