Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure the hospital etc wouldn't of done anything unless it was necessary.
Wish she would support his poor little head though rather than the bloody phone!
His poor little neck. Sack the phone and take your ”maternity leave” from your “job” like you said you would.

Reactions: 7
By the way I didn’t criticise either way about the ears- my post literally said “Baby Rafe has had his ears pinned back”, I hold my hands up that I was wrong- it’s not pinning (just used that phrase as I’m familiar with it). Her actual phrase was that he’s had his ears “tucked back”.
I have no thoughts either way on him having a cosmetic procedure on his ears- as some people have said, we don’t know the medical ins and outs.
However my criticism IS- did her 800k followers need to know, and is it fair on Rafe for her to share his private medical information at 2 weeks old?

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I think if it’s noticeable to them as parents could save him a lot of upset when he’s older then it’s defo worth it whilst he’s a newborn. But yes i agree, if she was actually taking a maternity leave then no one would have noticed anyway.
In fact, not even a maternity leave. Just not posting stories every day. Each to their own

Reactions: 10
She’s only stuck a bit of tape on them to see if it sorts them out while the cartilage is still soft and can be moulded. He’s hardly had cosmetic surgery 🙈

It must’ve been obvious enough for the hospital to mention it to her when he was born.

Reactions: 18
She’s only stuck a bit of tape on them to see if it sorts them out while the cartilage is still soft and can be moulded. He’s hardly had cosmetic surgery 🙈

It must’ve been obvious enough for the hospital to mention it to her when he was born.
It is cosmetic, in the sense that it isn’t medical- it hasn’t been done for a medical reason, it’s been done for a cosmetic/aesthetic reason. I didn’t say it was surgery.

Reactions: 5
I personally don’t see the issue with using tape to stick a baby’s ear when it’s a newborn if it’s going to save a lifetime of bullying. It’s not like she’s chopping bits of him off.

Reactions: 30
I know of 3 people who have done this with their newborns-suggested by the hospital. It did the job and saved the need for any actual surgery as the kids grew older

Reactions: 25
I personally don’t see the issue with using tape to stick a baby’s ear when it’s a newborn if it’s going to save a lifetime of bullying. It’s not like she’s chopping bits of him off.
This. I can’t see them having had it done unnecessarily. I think she’s very much damned if she does, damned I’d she doesn’t with regards to this 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
This. I can’t see them having had it done unnecessarily. I think she’s very much damned if she does, damned I’d she doesn’t with regards to this 🤷🏻‍♀️
Again, just reiterating that I am in no way criticising her for the ear thing (don’t even know what to call it as I got called out for calling it pinning back, then got called out for calling it cosmetic, so I’ll just stick with “ear thing” ha ha). What I am critical of is sharing this with 800 thousand strangers on the internet, especially when it is not her who is having it done. Tell us about your c-section scar, your breastfeeding trials and tribulations and so on- that is YOUR personal information that you can choose to share. But a 2 week old baby can not consent to their personal information being shared. Those saying it’s worth it if he doesn’t get bullied in the future- never mind his ears, she’s giving bullies all the mileage they need with the personal stuff she shares on both Robin and now Rafe on Instagram and in their podcast. She literally calls them “little tit” and stuff like that all the time, referred to the baby producing a dirty nappy as “shitting himself”.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Again, just reiterating that I am in no way criticising her for the ear thing (don’t even know what to call it as I got called out for calling it pinning back, then got called out for calling it cosmetic, so I’ll just stick with “ear thing” ha ha). What I am critical of is sharing this with 800 thousand strangers on the internet, especially when it is not her who is having it done. Tell us about your c-section scar, your breastfeeding trials and tribulations and so on- that is YOUR personal information that you can choose to share. But a 2 week old baby can not consent to their personal information being shared. Those saying it’s worth it if he doesn’t get bullied in the future- never mind his ears, she’s giving birth bullies all the mileage they need with the personal stuff she shares on both Robin and now Rafe on Instagram and in their podcast. She literally calls them “little tit” and stuff like that all the time, referred to the baby producing a dirty nappy as “shitting himself”.
I have to agree...fair enough doing it and if it saves him surgery in the future that's a bonus! But does it really need to be shared on the internet with a load of strangers?? Rafe (and Robin) might grow up to be mortified that all this personal stuff has been shared and can be found by anyone!!
These "celebs" and influencers need to learn to protect their kids and respect their privacy until they are old enough to consent!

Reactions: 11
A friend of mine was offered the surgery for her baby shortly after his birth having first trialed the taping thing - apparently it’s much easier and less painful when they are babies. Her baby’s ears were VERY extreme though (gorgeous he was still!).

I had never heard of it until it happened to my friend.

I have to agree...fair enough doing it and if it saves him surgery in the future that's a bonus! But does it really need to be shared on the internet with a load of strangers?? Rafe (and Robin) might grow up to be mortified that all this personal stuff has been shared and can be found by anyone!!
These "celebs" and influencers need to learn to protect their kids and respect their privacy until they are old enough to consent!
Definitely. It’s one thing to share a couple of nice photos of the kids, smiling at the camera or similar, if that’s what you want to do (although some influencers prefer to hide/cover faces). And I do understand that a large part of the “mummy” Instagram brand is “keeping it real” which often seems to translate to complaining about your kids- and this can create solidarity with other parents who are also finding things difficult. However, sharing personal medical information on minors who can not give consent and using them for advertising and calling them names and sharing embarrassing and rude photos/videos... that’s quite another thing.

Reactions: 5
Again, just reiterating that I am in no way criticising her for the ear thing (don’t even know what to call it as I got called out for calling it pinning back, then got called out for calling it cosmetic, so I’ll just stick with “ear thing” ha ha). What I am critical of is sharing this with 800 thousand strangers on the internet, especially when it is not her who is having it done. Tell us about your c-section scar, your breastfeeding trials and tribulations and so on- that is YOUR personal information that you can choose to share. But a 2 week old baby can not consent to their personal information being shared. Those saying it’s worth it if he doesn’t get bullied in the future- never mind his ears, she’s giving bullies all the mileage they need with the personal stuff she shares on both Robin and now Rafe on Instagram and in their podcast. She literally calls them “little tit” and stuff like that all the time, referred to the baby producing a dirty nappy as “shitting himself”.
I agree with you!

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure Rosie has that many friends, as she seems to need to use her platform to discuss everything. In regards to the ears of it helps great, but imagine if either of them chooses a life in the spot light (wouldn’t be too far fetched if Chris’ career stays mainstream) all the embarrassing footage for all to see.

Reactions: 4
It’s a bit of tape on his ears, literally nothing to get worked up about.

Reactions: 16
Where did she have the baby? And she was saying today about how feeding was going and how they’d had a bad night? Wonder if she’ll go fully bottle. Just being nosey doesn’t matter I suppose

Where did she have the baby? And she was saying today about how feeding was going and how they’d had a bad night? Wonder if she’ll go fully bottle. Just being nosey doesn’t matter I suppose
No it doesn’t matter you’re right

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As a parent, consent is yours to decide until the child is old enough so to use that as a reason to get at her is nonsense. She has provided consent to share what is of no consequence to her baby at the time, and.may help other families wondering what to do. I get she's a moaning Minnie of high privilege but some of the shite on here is driving me mad.

Reactions: 15
As a parent, consent is yours to decide until the child is old enough so to use that as a reason to get at her is nonsense. She has provided consent to share what is of no consequence to her baby at the time, and.may help other families wondering what to do. I get she's a moaning Minnie of high privilege but some of the shite on here is driving me mad.
Yeah I don't think she's done anything wrong with this one personally. Probably just explaining herself now before she gets constant messages. I dont really think its a great invasion of the baby's privacy. Compared to them openly discussing Robin having an infection on his genitals on the podcast... now that is a whole different kettle of fish!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.