Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can still breastfeed. TT do breast pumps and expressed milk storage and that kinda thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m not judging the lack of bf (I didn’t) more the ADS she was advertising Tommee Tippee when Robin was nearly 4 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I don't know any breastfeeding mums that drank wine or anything else. Fruit juice gave my eldest the shits. I lived on water and the odd cup of tea for 18 months.
One of my friends loves spicy food and would throw back hot curries, spicy Chinese and all sorts when breast feeding. I honestly do not know how her baby didn’t constantly have the shits 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One of my friends loves spicy food and would throw back hot curries, spicy Chinese and all sorts when breast feeding. I honestly do not know how her baby didn’t constantly have the shits 😂
I would say she was incredibly lucky! I had a curry one evening and remember my son had the worst tummy ache after, I felt soo guilty and was very careful after that...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've been a long time lurker and only registered a few weeks ago.

But I didn't like the way she showed the video of her children meeting for the first time.

I have three children. The times they hand first met their siblings have been incredibly precious to me. I wouldn't share those videos with the world.

Reactions: 11
I never drank alcohol when I breastfed, was very mindful that everything I consumed was also going into my babies but each to there own. Sometimes a glass of something helps you fight another day when things get tough !

Lovely to see the 2 brothers together...thought Robin looked a tad uncomfortable though and he is soo aware of the camera now.
Breastmilk is made from your blood so you would have to be dead from alcohol poisoning for your breastmilk to contain any significant alcohol. Its not advisable to get drunk and feed your baby in case you fall asleep/drop baby etc. But its fine to enjoy a drink and breastfeed. I fed mine for 18 months and 2 years (first and second baby).

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I've been a long time lurker and only registered a few weeks ago.

But I didn't like the way she showed the video of her children meeting for the first time.

I have three children. The times they hand first met their siblings have been incredibly precious to me. I wouldn't share those videos with the world.
Same here. Also I was so nervous introducing my 2nd to my first and I could tell my 1st was nervous too as I’m sure any young child who has been their parents whole world for their whole life would be! I don’t think pointing a camera in their face at a moment like that would really help with that! In all fairness the post she shared might not have been the moment they first met but it does seem like it is!

Reactions: 3
Breastmilk is made from your blood so you would have to be dead from alcohol poisoning for your breastmilk to contain any significant alcohol. Its not advisable to get drunk and feed your baby in case you fall asleep/drop baby etc. But its fine to enjoy a drink and breastfeed. I fed mine for 18 months and 2 years (first and second baby).
The guidelines must have changed since I had mine then. Midwife said the odd glass won't hurt but no more than one glass. I saw how unwell my eldest was after I had fruit juice. I couldn't eat garlic, spices. I didn't eat plain pasta for years after they stopped feeding.

Reactions: 4
The guidelines must have changed since I had mine then. Midwife said the odd glass won't hurt but no more than one glass. I saw how unwell my eldest was after I had fruit juice. I couldn't eat garlic, spices. I didn't eat plain pasta for years after they stopped feeding.
Guidelines have never changed because breast milk has always been made in the same way- it’s biology, I would say health professionals who are uneducated on the subject is most likely the case. Every babies stomach is different, my baby was fine after I drank wine & ate curries.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Guidelines have never changed because breast milk has always been made in the same way- it’s biology, I would say health professionals who are uneducated on the subject is most likely the case. Every babies stomach is different, my baby was fine after I drank wine & ate curries.
I think its also fact that drink in excess will damage a babies growth and development ....

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What have I started 🤣 to clarify I enjoy a few glasses of wine every weekend or so while breastfeeding. I was told by both midwife and breastfeeding consultant this is fine. I have a lot of frozen milk which I can’t eventually donate due to drinking (I mean who even tracks the times etc when pumping, it’s bloody boring enough!) which is a downside. I eat all sorts and luckily for me it’s never impacted my daughter but I know plenty of people who’ve cut all sorts from their diet in order to have a successful feeding journey.

To get even more controversial I still enjoy my morning coffee and DUN DUN DUNNNNN the occasional fag on a Friday night 🤣

Anyway congrats to Rosie, Chris and family. She’s still a bit of a twit but babies are a lovely blessing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
it’s that old breast feeding discussion again. Breast is best,fed is best don’t shame bottle feed mums etc etc. Yawn. Who cares. Instagram is entertainment and I thought her little video coming home and Robin meeting him was sweet and made me nostalgic for mine being little. I also laughed at her poo thing. Having a poo after you had a baby is almost worse than giving birth to it!! I like her today.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Can we steer clear of the breastfeeding tit?

Hopefully she's feeding the bairn 🤪🙄 that's all that matters, Christ... why are peoplenso obsessed with how someone elses child is fed. I personally don't give a duck. And yes- I did breastfeed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I listen to the podcast for background noise whilst I work. The maternity leave out of office was much better than recent episodes. Actual questions from the public instead of viral/unbelievable stories and they sounded like they were enjoying it...maybe because it was a “plonk cast”
I listened the other night and thought it was so much better. Maybe lockdown has had an effect

Reactions: 3
I wonder if humans are the only species on this planet that just HAVE to share their own PERSONAL breastfeeding experience whenever a new baby is discussed?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.