Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who do you think is the modern day celebrity 'Savile' or 'Harris' hiding in plain sight?
David Walliams gives me the creeps
---
Bill Oddie is a wrong ‘un, I reckon. He was on a panel show years ago and there was a question about biggest regrets. His was that he couldn’t shag any of his 14 year old daughter’s friends or something along that lines.

I hope his daughter’s friends’ parents were watching too.
I never could stand Oddie very full of himself and aggressive

Reactions: 13
I find it really depressing that quite a lot of the celebs we grew up with in the 70’s/80’s have turned out to be abusers of some kind. It’s like the industry attracts that sort of people, possibly because they were ’stars’ they could get away with doing what they wanted as a blind eye was taken or people were afraid to come forward as they would be sacked etc.. I’m trying to think of the Stars back then that hopefully weren’t that way inclined. So here’s my list (unless anyone has tea on them also 🫤)

Terry Wogan
Des O’connor
Les Dennis
Russ Abbott
Tony Blackburn
Noel Edmunds

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I find it really depressing that quite a lot of the celebs we grew up with in the 70’s/80’s have turned out to be abusers of some kind. It’s like the industry attracts that sort of people, possibly because they were ’stars’ they could get away with doing what they wanted as a blind eye was taken or people were afraid to come forward as they would be sacked etc.. I’m trying to think of the Stars back then that hopefully weren’t that way inclined. So here’s my list (unless anyone has tea on them also 🫤)

Terry Wogan
Des O’connor
Les Dennis
Russ Abbott
Tony Blackburn
Noel Edmunds
I once heard that Terry Wogan would protect youngsters from Saville. I have never hear anything sordid or nasty about anyone in the above list, so I am hoping they are "clean"

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Bill Oddie is a wrong ‘un, I reckon. He was on a panel show years ago and there was a question about biggest regrets. His was that he couldn’t shag any of his 14 year old daughter’s friends or something along that lines.

I hope his daughter’s friends’ parents were watching too.
It wouldn’t surprise me in the least. He suffered from profound clinical depression for years in his middle age and I’ve often wondered if that was triggered by Operation Yewtree and the fear of being found out.

Reactions: 7
It wouldn’t surprise me in the least. He suffered from profound clinical depression for years in his middle age and I’ve often wondered if that was triggered by Operation Yewtree and the fear of being found out.
He suffered with that way before Yew Tree though.

Reactions: 5
Edmunds is strange, but that in itself doesn't mean anything.
I might have posted this before, such is my trauma I'm posting again..
I bloody loved Noel on TOTP🥰🤣 so
I phoned the swap shop when i was about 8 and tried to swap a piece of hairy plasticine for a beautiful shiny chopper bike...I thought it was in the bag as I'd actually got on the telly, unsurprisingly I didn't get the swap but I did get a signed annual for my cheek🥺🥺🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Terry Wogan
Des O’connor
Les Dennis
Russ Abbott
Tony Blackburn
Noel Edmunds
Bruce Forsyth as well. The BBC were worried dirt would come to light on him after he died and they even looked into it because they were so worried after Yewtree but they couldn’t find anything.

Reactions: 9
Bruce Forsyth as well. The BBC were worried dirt would come to light on him after he died and they even looked into it because they were so worried after Yewtree but they couldn’t find anything.
I always got the impression he was a slimey Lothario but wouldn't have him down as interfering with minors

Reactions: 17
Edmunds is strange, but that in itself doesn't mean anything.
For sure. Used to see him in the corridors wearing a flying jacket with the collar turned up and in shades, trying to look inconspicuous.

People would say he'd only turn into 'Noel Edmonds' when the studio lights came on.

Reactions: 3

Terry Wogan
Des O’connor
Les Dennis
Russ Abbott
Tony Blackburn
Noel Edmunds
I'd add Tony Hart to the Good Guys list. A proper childhood hero of mine whom I haven't heard anything negative about.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Loved Tony Hart - I would be stunned if anything ever came out about him.

Reactions: 16
Wogan could have protected kids better by blowing the whistle on Savile. There wasn’t an inclination to do it back then, not blaming old Tel.

Reactions: 5
The issue is that Savile was protected. You don’t get close to the Royals or the PM without the intelligence services running checks on you. The proper best place to expose him were the press. Look at who they have hassled over the year’s and the dirty tricks they pulled to do so. I have absolute zero doubt they could have set Savile up given how blatant he was.

Reactions: 11
I've heard things about Del Boy. As for Sir Kitty, aka the bachelor boy singer, I have hated him since childhood. Running joke in the family is to call him 'your mate' as in, 'your mate was on telly earlier'. I've always said he's wrong un. He's too protected.
I fear the wildlife legend SDA; I hope I'm wrong.
Walliams; he creeps me right out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13