Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rolf Harris was a beloved entertainer from the 1950s, in his native Australia, in the UK and around the world. He was an acclaimed painter, a tv presenter and released several chart-topping songs.

On 30th June 2014, Harris was found guilty of 12 counts of sexual assault against young women and underage girls. In the aftermath of his conviction, several more came forward to alleged that he had sexually assaulted them, including Vanessa Feltz and Linda Nolan, who was 15 at the time. Harris was sentenced to 5 years and 9 months in prison, but only served three years.

For the past few years, he has been housebound with throat and neck cancer. In May 2023, it was reported that a private ambulance was seen outside his home, leading some to speculate that (as of 12th May) he is already dead. On 16th May (this Tuesday) ITVX will air a documentary called Rolf Harris: Hiding in Plain sight.

It seems like there will be a lot to talk about in the coming weeks, so I'm setting up a thread.

Reactions: 35
I've mentioned this before either on a Secret Celebrity Gossip or Jimmy Savile thread, I can't remember which as it was some time ago.

Anyway, I always used to like Rolf, especially on the animal programme he used to do, so I was really surprised when a friend told me that he was a pweirdo. Her parents' best friend was a London black cab driver, and he told them what Rolf was like years before any of it became public.

My friend told me this in the early 2000s

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
A year or two before it broke, I was working on a news desk for a radio station, and I read a brief that "a household name children's entertainer whose career spanned 50 years" was being accused of sexual offences against children. But I just couldn't think who it was. It clicked into place after Rolf was arrested.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Never warmed to Rolf but I can't recall ever getting a bad feeling about him unlike other stars of that generation. Is that unusual? Always loathed Saville. Seemed very obviously fucked up to me and was always shocked when others couldn't see it. Sounds as if many of us did see it though. Hadn't heard any rumours or anything either as a child, just instinctual. I used to mute and look away during TOTP reruns, he creeped me out that much!

Did you see this at the time?

Reactions: 9
Savile was all round weird, even if you had no idea he was a perve. Harris wasn't really the same, although he had a reputation as being a right arse to work with even before any allegations were made against him.

Reactions: 15
Never warmed to Rolf but I can't recall ever getting a bad feeling about him unlike other stars of that generation. Is that unusual? Always loathed Saville. Seemed very obviously fucked up to me and was always shocked when others couldn't see it. Sounds as if many of us did see it though. Hadn't heard any rumours or anything either as a child, just instinctual. I used to mute and look away during TOTP reruns, he creeped me out that much!

My granny used to go on cruises with Saville (not with him 😂 but you know what I mean) and she is adamant he was a lovely guy, until the day she died in 2018, because he used to push her round the ships etc to give my grandpa a break 😬🫠 she would literally deny the allegations because of him pushing her around 😒

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
With Rolf he seemed a kind of friendly fun guy, total contrast to Savile as I don’t remember anyone saying they always thought there was something “off” about him. It’s all too easy to write off pedalos as weirdo freaks who raise your hackles up, whereas we’ve got Rolf (possibly Phil S as well) with a good few years in kids tv, much loved, then all of a sudden - it all comes out- you can’t always tell.

I remember that. Cilla obviously is just realising it was all true, Goldsmith is making excuses for him... I can't work out if Ronnie is getting out of there now he's realised it was all true, or if he thinks it's "very upsetting" that Rolf has been convicted because he believes Rolf didn't do it.

Reactions: 6
A theatre friend once told me that Rolf, when performing at a local theatre about twenty or so years ago, allegedly earned himself a nickname for something he got caught doing in his dressing room with one of the late-teen girls working on the show.

He was known as Rolf 'Tit Wank' Harris.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
i was never surprised by Saville as many here have said he always creeped me out as a child on Jim Fix it but Rolf complete surprise i remember saying when the allegations started that if he was guilty i would give up on man kind,how wrong i was

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think Rolf is dead. I reckon he died on Thursday. His daughter won't want to make an announcement until he's safely cremated and his ashes are dispersed (into the nearest wheelie bin if I had my way). She must have gone through hell when her dad was on trial, finding out he had sexually abused her best friend for years, from childhood into her teens. Hopefully now her dad is in hell, where he truly belongs.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
it still shocks me to this day what that era got away with but looking back at my teens etc and things that happened to myself and friends its really not that surprising

but i cant stand the women Esther R and think she knew more than she ever let on,would love it if anybody has tea on her

it still shocks me to this day what that era got away with but looking back at my teens etc and things that happened to myself and friends its really not that surprising

but i cant stand the women Esther R and think she knew more than she ever let on,would love it if anybody has tea on her
There's a horrible conspiracy theory about why ER set up Childline in the first place.

I also don't believe for one second she was in the dark about what her fellow TV presenters were up to. She's not daft.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I just hope that potential news of Rolf’s death doesn’t overshadow any impending breaking stories about Phil.

Reactions: 23
Rolf is or was a talented painter. Saville on the other hand never seemed to have any discernable talent. I loved Jasper Carrots impression of Rolf painting the Sistine chapel ceiling. I used to like Rolf until I watched an 80th birthday tribute and he came over as extraordinarily arrogant.
His daughter Bindi has had a lot of mental health problems.

Reactions: 12
There's a horrible conspiracy theory about why ER set up Childline in the first place.

I also don't believe for one second she was in the dark about what her fellow TV presenters were up to. She's not daft.
yes heard the same about child line there is just something off about her
---
Rolf is or was a talented painter. Saville on the other hand never seemed to have any discernable talent. I loved Jasper Carrots impression of Rolf painting the Sistine chapel ceiling. I used to like Rolf until I watched an 80th birthday tribute and he came over as extraordinarily arrogant.
His daughter Bindi has had a lot of mental health problems.
slightly of topic but used to love Jasper carrot as a kid you never hear anything now
back on yes i remember people were taking down and destroying his paintings when it all came out

Reactions: 10
I was overseas when the story broke about Rolf so I’ll be interested in the documentary as I know very little about the trial.

Reactions: 7