Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Les since he was left heartbroken by Amanda Holden and was really not well in CBB. Didn’t know he’d cheated on her though, I thought it was just her that cheated with Neil Morrisey!
He actually cheated first! But he is by all accounts a nice bloke, but maybe a tit husband! never heard a hint of yew tree or JL type rumour, and I would have if there were any.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
He actually cheated first! But he is by all accounts a nice bloke, but maybe a tit husband! never heard a hint of yew tree or JL type rumour, and I would have if there were any.
Blimey, idk why but I never thought he was the cheating kind given his reaction to AM cheating on him. You never know what goes on behind closed doors I guess. Pleased to hear he’s not a wrong ‘un though 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Blimey, idk why but I never thought he was the cheating kind given his reaction to AM cheating on him. You never know what goes on behind closed doors I guess. Pleased to hear he’s not a wrong ‘un though 😃
I think the marriage had ran its course to be fair. He does seem to go from one woman to another, but if that’s the worst thing he does 🤷🏼‍♀️hope nobody turns up now saying he’s a total wrongun!

Reactions: 6
I'll be happy to eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'm betting on Del Boy too. I just think I'm hearing that rumour from too many places for there not to be something to it. It's true that he wasn't in the house when the other creeps were filming a young boy there, so I don't allege that he did that. But I've seen quite a few posts that say "I have a friend who works in TV and everyone knows young women aren't safe around David Jason." or "My husband is a detective with the Met and he says it's all true about David Jason, but they don't have enough evidence to charge him."

There are no specifics like people saying "He molested me" or "He molested my friend", but then there were none about Rolf either.

I'd be so devastated if it's true because I could never enjoy OFAH again.
Not sure about anything underage but he himself has confessed to harassing people and having wandering hands though. He did an interview a few years back on The One Show and said he was known for saying and doing stuff on set that he could not talk about on the show and that people knew not to bend down in front of him, laughing as if it was the funniest thing ever.

Many did call him out saying they knew it was a different time but it was the fact he was so blase about it as if it was the funniest thing in the world but there were just as many who were defending him along the lines of 'He's a national treasure so he can do what he wants' kind of thing. Like you, I was a huge fan of Only Fools and I hope it is nothing more than gossip but I remember the ex-cop Mark something or other saying there was someone else who was untouchable and it probably wouldn't be revealed until he died and when it did, it would be huge...

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It’s amazing that people become National Treasures for saying words in front of a camera that have been written for them. Or singing songs. As a society we are nutty!

Reactions: 27
It’s amazing that people become National Treasures for saying words in front of a camera that have been written for them. Or singing songs. As a society we are nutty!
It’s why I like my dog more than most humans.
Animals would never choose the most stupid, or inadequate.. to be the leader of the pack.
But look what we choose to follow!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sure about anything underage but he himself has confessed to harassing people and having wandering hands though. He did an interview a few years back on The One Show and said he was known for saying and doing stuff on set that he could not talk about on the show and that people knew not to bend down in front of him, laughing as if it was the funniest thing ever.

Many did call him out saying they knew it was a different time but it was the fact he was so blase about it as if it was the funniest thing in the world but there were just as many who were defending him along the lines of 'He's a national treasure so he can do what he wants' kind of thing. Like you, I was a huge fan of Only Fools and I hope it is nothing more than gossip but I remember the ex-cop Mark something or other saying there was someone else who was untouchable and it probably wouldn't be revealed until he died and when it did, it would be huge...

Some people on other threads are taking the ex-cop is meaning Philip Schofield when he say’s there is someone else who is a national treasure so untouchable etc…But, I don’t think PS could be described as a national treasure, much more likely to be someone who has been on our screens for decades and is more of an icon, so yes the more of the likes of David Jason or SDA.

It makes you wonder just why they are untouchable, especially in this day and age where they have had the investigations looking into historic abuse from well known people. Unless of course it goes far deeper and there is a ring of ‘top brass’ who are all in cahoots. It’s a dark and seedy World out there if you know where to look I guess ☹

I read a book called Playland about a boy who came to London from Ireland and started hanging out at this amusement arcade called PlayLand, it was a known place where boys would be procured for High up pedlo‘s. He ended up being a rent boy to some of the MP’s and Lords and goes on to describe the parties and what they did. iirc, Nigel Haver’s Dad (allegedly) was one that used rent boys. It’s a really harrowing story tbh and shows how deep the rot is at the top. I expect it’s just the tip of the iceburg though 😔

http://www.foiacentre.com/news-Playland-Tony-Daly-review.html

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It's on ITV X now. Watching it, it's been well put together.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don’t think PS could be described as a national treasure, much more likely to be someone who has been on our screens for decades and is more of an icon, so yes the more of the likes of David Jason or SDA.

It makes you wonder just why they are untouchable, especially in this day and age where they have had the investigations looking into historic abuse from well known people. Unless of course it goes far deeper and there is a ring of ‘top brass’ who are all in cahoots. It’s a dark and seedy World out there if you know where to look I guess ☹
The investigator says "he will die in due course", which of course we all will, but that wording makes me think it is someone old, where the investigator expects to live to see the truth exposed. And you're right, the words national treasure don't just mean someone popular, it's used to mean an old person with a long career, who is seen as loveable and can do no wrong.

If Prince Andrew is not untouchable, but RH and JS were, then it makes me think that it's owing to media blackouts and fear of speaking, rather than anything legal. I wouldn't be surprised if the person in question is untouchable because they have a huge amount of dirt on lots of people. I've seen a clip where Prince Charles and Princess Diana are meeting Jimmy Savile, and Charles says "How on Earth do you manage to raise twelve million pounds?" BY HAVING DIRT ON A LOT OF VERY RICH PEOPLE, CHARLES! Savile's access to finance goes way beyond the scope of people sponsoring him to do marathons, someone very big was bankrolling him. He used to have local high-end cops over to his house for private hangouts every weekend. Presumably they didn't go there every week for the witty banter. Very probably Savile would procure young girls/boys for them, and so he had big dirt on them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Watching episode 1 now. I had no idea he was a part of a campaign against child abuse! that was unbelievable! Kids can say no - well, not to him by his standards. The neck on him to take part in that!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Watching episode 1 now. I had no idea he was a part of a campaign against child abuse! that was unbelievable! Kids can say no - well, not to him by his standards. The neck on him to take part in that!
The songs a bit questionable on the campaign.

Reactions: 4
I’ve watched part one. Very insightful. I’d only really watched him on Animal Hospital as he used to bug me as a child’s entertainer so I’m surprised to see how handsy he was. And that he was so blatant with it. Absolute scum, I hope the fucker is dead.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The investigator says "he will die in due course", which of course we all will, but that wording makes me think it is someone old, where the investigator expects to live to see the truth exposed. And you're right, the words national treasure don't just mean someone popular, it's used to mean an old person with a long career, who is seen as loveable and can do no wrong.

If Prince Andrew is not untouchable, but RH and JS were, then it makes me think that it's owing to media blackouts and fear of speaking, rather than anything legal. I wouldn't be surprised if the person in question is untouchable because they have a huge amount of dirt on lots of people. I've seen a clip where Prince Charles and Princess Diana are meeting Jimmy Savile, and Charles says "How on Earth do you manage to raise twelve million pounds?" BY HAVING DIRT ON A LOT OF VERY RICH PEOPLE, CHARLES! Savile's access to finance goes way beyond the scope of people sponsoring him to do marathons, someone very big was bankrolling him. He used to have local high-end cops over to his house for private hangouts every weekend. Presumably they didn't go there every week for the witty banter. Very probably Savile would procure young girls/boys for them, and so he had big dirt on them.
I think Max Clifford is a good example of this, albeit on a smaller scale (and he got rumbled) he had a crazy tangled web of blackmail and dirt on people. He got people to do things they didn’t want to, manipulated them, held it over their heads.

Reactions: 7

As I've said before, I have a suspicion a lot of the stories about Savile were manipulated by Savile himself to make himself seem more connected and protected than he was. After all, the only people who really needed to believe he was connected were his victims. His gender and fame were protection in themselves in the 70s, as well.

I do think he had a fair bit of influence with his local police and inside the BBC, for certain. That's all he needed as well.

What I find doesn't pass the smell test is the this idea that he has mounds of dirt on the royal family and MPs. His background was 100% wrong for those people (especially someone like Mountbatten) to trust him with, well, anything at all, especially at the time. Charles was spectacularly naïve as a younger man so I can imagine him getting closer than most to a manipulator like Savile, but still not enough to trust him with anything that would amount to dirt. And even if Savile had tried to blackmail the royals there's no chance it would have worked. Literally zero. At best he'd have been set up somehow and painted as a fantasist.

Reactions: 13
I used to work with a girl who was ‘Rolf Harris daughters best friend” growing up. I wonder? I know she was very ill with cervical or ovarian cancer at a shockingly young age (late 20’s early 30’s) always wondered if it was her since it came out

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14