Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, the article describes the private ambulance as “used by undertakers”, so I would assume someone has died. I’d put my money on Rolf.
I'm guessing he is gonna be buried/cremated before we are told and the way funerals/cremations are going at the moment, it could be a while.

Reactions: 9
His daughter defended him didn't she?🤮Im sure nobody wants to believe their relative capable but I just could not stand by anyone linked with something so horrific.
I think his daughter stopped supporting him as soon as she realised the allegations were true. I know she went to his trial initially, but then stopped showing up to court. Someone correct me if that's wrong. I didn't follow the news very closely at the time.

Reactions: 7
I think his daughter stopped supporting him as soon as she realised the allegations were true. I know she went to his trial initially, but then stopped showing up to court. Someone correct me if that's wrong. I didn't follow the news very closely at the time.
She fiercely defended him at first, but when it came out that he’d been abusing her best friend, it broke her. I vaguely remember reading that Rolf transferred most of his money to her before he was imprisoned, maybe his way of an apology? Or more likely to stop having to pay compensation to his victims.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
My brother was insisting over the weekend that Rolf was released early from jail because he was cleared of all charges on appeal. That’s not right is it?

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Article in today’s Mail referencing the upcoming documentary. He really was a revolting specimen.
Don't worry folks. He pulled the car over and said "I can't believe you f****** said that"

I don't know if I can watch another documentary of people (men) effectively saying they knew but did nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Don't worry folks. He pulled the car over and said "I can't believe you f****** said that"

I don't know if I can watch another documentary of people (men) effectively saying they knew but did nothing.
Just read about that - I feel sick to my stomach. 🤮 Dirty bastard.

Beggars the question of how many more of these celeb perverts are there that are hiding in plain sight? 🤬

Reactions: 11
I think Rolf is dead. I reckon he died on Thursday. His daughter won't want to make an announcement until he's safely cremated and his ashes are dispersed (into the nearest wheelie bin if I had my way). She must have gone through hell when her dad was on trial, finding out he had sexually abused her best friend for years, from childhood into her teens. Hopefully now her dad is in hell, where he truly belongs.
Didn’t she always deny everything though and support him through it all, making him out to be victimised?

Reactions: 4
Didn’t she always deny everything though and support him through it all, making him out to be victimised?
She did, but when she realised he’d been abusing her best friend throughout her childhood, it broke her.

Would the police even investigate if you went to them and said "my dad said he wanted to shag an under aged girl"? Not saying they shouldn't, but I don't think they'd take it all that seriously if that was literally the only evidence.

Reactions: 6
Would the police even investigate if you went to them and said "my dad said he wanted to shag an under aged girl"? Not saying they shouldn't, but I don't think they'd take it all that seriously if that was literally the only evidence.
They probably wouldn't (especially a celeb back then) but will be interesting to see if this guy continued to be associated with him and if he heard/ saw anything else.

Reactions: 10
I was working on other TV shows when Animal Hospital became a hit. Some of the older producers were quite indignant about "just how is Rolf bleeping Harris presenting it!?"

At the time I thought it was just personal dislike, but now I begin to wonder.

Reactions: 18
I was working on other TV shows when Animal Hospital became a hit. Some of the older producers were quite indignant about "just how is Rolf bleeping Harris presenting it!?"

At the time I thought it was just personal dislike, but now I begin to wonder.
As I said, he was apparently well known as an arse to work with even before the allegations were made against him, so it could just be that.

Reactions: 11
And he was known as “handsy” apparently. Bit of a difference between being handsy and getting on the inside of your knickers.

And he was known as “handsy” apparently. Bit of a difference between being handsy and getting on the inside of your knickers.
Whatever...it is still bad bad bad. Hope there is a pitchfork reception committee for him at the Pearly Gates.

Whatever...it is still bad bad bad. Hope there is a pitchfork reception committee for him at the Pearly Gates.
Exactly, my point being that being called “handsy” is a bit minimising.
A handsy guy at work once put his hand on my knee under the desk. He would put his arm round you and squeeze you closer. He couldn’t pass you without putting his hand on the small of your back.
Rolf seems more “sexual assaulty“ than “handsy”
Maybe he’ll get a handsy reception after he walks into the light

• Sad
Exactly, my point being that being called “handsy” is a bit minimising.
A handsy guy at work once put his hand on my knee under the desk. He would put his arm round you and squeeze you closer. He couldn’t pass you without putting his hand on the small of your back.
Rolf seems more “sexual assaulty“ than “handsy”
Technically all of those things are sexual assault. Obviously the odds of someone actually being prosecuted for them are minimal, and they're on the very low end of it, but that's not really the point.

(I freely admit that I was a creepy teenager, and that I was "handsy", by your definition. I grew out of it, and feel quite guilty about it, so I do try not to minimise stuff like that).

• Heart
Technically all of those things are sexual assault. Obviously the odds of someone actually being prosecuted for them are minimal, and they're on the very low end of it, but that's not really the point.

(I freely admit that I was a creepy teenager, and that I was "handsy", by your definition. I grew out of it, and feel quite guilty about it, so I do try not to minimise stuff like that).
Yes there’s that thing like “actual bodily harm” at the lower end would be a flick of a finger on your forehead“ but if you did that to me I wouldn’t accuse you of ABH.
Similarly there are any men who grew up thinking it was ok to do handsy stuff, which wasn’t ok but I wouldn’t say Mr Hands at my work “sexually assaulted“ me. I think unwanted touching covers it. Also good job you grew up and realised it’s not ok or even really worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6