Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember when he burst into tears on TV when Mike and the Mechanics were performing In the Living Years?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I was never a fan of Rolf but I liked his paintings and I used to watch his animal show but unlike Saville he didn't creep me out. I could never work out why others couldn't see Savilles weirdness.

Reactions: 15
Jimmy Savile was deemed to be an endearing eccentric by many. I watched his documentary and he frequently referred to young ladies and being naughty with them 🤮🤮

Rolf, on the other hand, was a talented man and very much seen as a family TV presenter. That’s why I was so shocked. I thought he was a good person.

Reactions: 18
I'm still struggling to understand that Rolf was a bad un!!! I defo think that something bad happened with his daughters friend.

I agree with what other people here are saying, when he dies (if not already), he'll be quietly disposed off.

Mental how times have changed when you think about handsy celebrities in the past.

Although I'm sure things like this are going on right now but are kept private due to super injunctions. A certain well known day time presenter???

Reactions: 11
Oh wow - for anyone who hasn't seen this, this is a picture of the "private ambulance" that was at his house on Thursday. Yeah, I'm buying that he was already dead, this is NOT an ambulance.

What an awful waste. This could have been the end of an era, with millions of people saying goodbye to a loved man. But instead he lived his last days in misery with no adoration to comfort him, and he has no one to blame but himself. What a horrible waste.

Reactions: 17
No gossip as such but I lived opposite the Gatehouse vet surgery in Aylesbury where Animal Hospital was filmed at the time (1997-98). Used to see the outside pieces being filmed with RH regularly. Was so disappointed when the truth about the man came out.

Reactions: 16
There’s only one reason a private ambulance would be outside his house, so yes I think he’s died too.

It’s quite shocking that he was yet another one as he always came over like he was a genuine nice guy. My late Mum and Dad use to see him occasionally at antique fairs in Kent with his wife and my Dad said he was really friendly to talk to. Just goes to show 😕

Saville on the other hand, God, even as a kid watching Jim’ll fix it he gave off creepy vibes. I can’t beleive the scale of the cover up for him, from the BBC to the NHS! Beyond disgraceful. Also always wondered why the hell people in government would hand him the keys to Broadmore of all places!

Reactions: 23
I was so upset when the stuff about RH came out. A huge part of my childhood as he was everywhere. Bloody Stylophone which I treasured, he was on the learn to swim ads, then his music, art, everything that came afterwards...
His poor wife and daughter. He really was at the top of his game for years, what on earth was he thinking 😳🤢
As for JS, well, he was always just a creepy POS 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've always struggled with this one.

I got to meet Savile once as a kid (don't ask...) and he gave off serious "keep away from the weirdo" vibes even back then. But with Rolf Harris it's different. I guess a lot of it is to do with what we call "child abuse". There's no excusing sexual abuse of any kind, and predatory behaviour is predatory behaviour no matter what age or gender or sexuality the perpetrator. But I find it really difficult to brand someone as a pedalo when the victim is a mid-to-late teen or thereabouts. It's sexual abuse for sure, and there are all sorts of boundaries crossed when it comes to adult men grooming young teenagers for sex, but paedophilia is something else entirely. There is a special place in hell for those people, but because we brand all sexual abuse of teenagers as "child abuse", it paints a really dangerous and untruthful picture about these people.

Rolf Harris may well be guilty of sexual assault, inappropriate sexual contact with his daughter's friend and things, but he wasn't a pedalo in my book. He wasn't very nice, but the label pedalo is not justified and should be reserved for the likes of Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile who had sex with children. Proper children who don't have a voice, not teenagers who are borderline adults and who may be vulnerable, but not as defenceless as actual children.

I hope I don't come across as excusing RH's behaviour because I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that child sexual abuse is different from other forms of sexual abuse and because we blur the lines, the truth is covered up.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I still remember how genuinely shocked I was when it all came out about Rolf. I always knew Saville was a wrong un, but I mever suspected anything with Rolf. Loved Animal Hospital and he always seemed genuine, getting upset when someone’s dog or cat had to be put down. Now I realise it was an act. Shocking he was able to paint a portrait of the Queen when you think about it.

Reactions: 16
Even his portrait of the queen went "missing".
It'll be in an attic or private storage facility somewhere. Art is a *very* long term investment, and in 200 years no one will care, so it'll make a comeback.

Reactions: 13
Rolf Harris may well be guilty of sexual assault, inappropriate sexual contact with his daughter's friend
Wasn't said friend very young at the time? Like under 10? That definitely qualifies as child abuse, regardless of any other excuses you might make.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh wow - for anyone who hasn't seen this, this is a picture of the "private ambulance" that was at his house on Thursday. Yeah, I'm buying that he was already dead, this is NOT an ambulance.

What an awful waste. This could have been the end of an era, with millions of people saying goodbye to a loved man. But instead he lived his last days in misery with no adoration to comfort him, and he has no one to blame but himself. What a horrible waste.
The only people l have sympathy for are his victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 20