Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, the article describes the private ambulance as “used by undertakers”, so I would assume someone has died. I’d put my money on Rolf.

Reactions: 11
His daughter defended him didn't she?🤮Im sure nobody wants to believe their relative capable but I just could not stand by anyone linked with something so horrific.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Grooming and abusing young teenagers is still child abuse, I don’t think it helps to compare abusers of X age group with Y age group.

JS and RH both abused people who were underage, and of adult age, it’s key to remember they were both prolific sexual offenders, which included child abuse.

How bulletproof do you have to feel to do what RH did to Vanessa Feltz on live tv? The utter arrogance, the gall to behave that way in plain sight.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
He wrote a letter from prison which contained song lyrics that were highly abusive towards his female accusers. He was victim blaming. Showed no remorse.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Grooming and abusing young teenagers is still child abuse, I don’t think it helps to compare abusers of X age group with Y age group.

JS and RH both abused people who were underage, and of adult age, it’s key to remember they were both prolific sexual offenders, which included child abuse.

How bulletproof do you have to feel to do what RH did to Vanessa Feltz on live tv? The utter arrogance, the gall to behave that way in plain sight.
What did he do to Vanessa Feltz?

Reactions: 7
I've always struggled with this one.

I got to meet Savile once as a kid (don't ask...) and he gave off serious "keep away from the weirdo" vibes even back then. But with Rolf Harris it's different. I guess a lot of it is to do with what we call "child abuse". There's no excusing sexual abuse of any kind, and predatory behaviour is predatory behaviour no matter what age or gender or sexuality the perpetrator. But I find it really difficult to brand someone as a pedalo when the victim is a mid-to-late teen or thereabouts. It's sexual abuse for sure, and there are all sorts of boundaries crossed when it comes to adult men grooming young teenagers for sex, but paedophilia is something else entirely. There is a special place in hell for those people, but because we brand all sexual abuse of teenagers as "child abuse", it paints a really dangerous and untruthful picture about these people.

Rolf Harris may well be guilty of sexual assault, inappropriate sexual contact with his daughter's friend and things, but he wasn't a pedalo in my book. He wasn't very nice, but the label pedalo is not justified and should be reserved for the likes of Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile who had sex with children. Proper children who don't have a voice, not teenagers who are borderline adults and who may be vulnerable, but not as defenceless as actual children.

I hope I don't come across as excusing RH's behaviour because I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that child sexual abuse is different from other forms of sexual abuse and because we blur the lines, the truth is covered up.
The word paedophile has become a catch word for any sexual activity on a child under the age of consent, but I've read it is a term for abuse of a pre pubescent child, I can't remember the name for those who pray on post pubescent children though. So I know what you mean.
Either way they are filthy scum that don't deserve to breathe the same air as other people. Well, imho they don't deserve to be able to breathe at all.

Reactions: 12
The word paedophile has become a catch word for any sexual activity on a child under the age of consent, but I've read it is a term for abuse of a pre pubescent child, I can't remember the name for those who pray on post pubescent children though. So I know what you mean.
Either way they are filthy scum that don't deserve to breathe the same air as other people. Well, imho they don't deserve to be able to breathe at all.
I think it's hebephile or something, an Interest in pubescent youths

Reactions: 5
It's interesting reading how some people felt a vibe about Savile and Harris.

I never got any vibe for either of them but for some reason I wasn't surprised when Savile's activities came to light.

I was shocked about Harris though.

Regarding the private ambulance, I think RH is dead as well based on personal experience from when my Mum died. An emergency ambulance came first but she had already passed (this was very sudden), they left and a private ambulance came and removed her to the hospital.
(for a post mortem as it was unexpected)

• Heart
Wasn't said friend very young at the time? Like under 10? That definitely qualifies as child abuse, regardless of any other excuses you might make.
Who is making excuses? I clearly said that I'm not excusing any of what he did, but I was questioning the language used to describe his actions. There is a difference between those who assault children and those who assault teens and adult women. All are vile, and as a survivor myself I am not excusing a single thing he did.

Language matters, especially to the victim.

Reactions: 8
Who is making excuses? I clearly said that I'm not excusing any of what he did, but I was questioning the language used to describe his actions. There is a difference between those who assault children and those who assault teens and adult women. All are vile, and as a survivor myself I am not excusing a single thing he did.

Language matters, especially to the victim.
I think the difference is consent, under 16 cannot legally (uk) consent any female (or male) above that age can refuse consent regardless of what has happened up until consent is withdrawn. Anything without consent is sexual abuse if not more.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There’s only one reason a private ambulance would be outside his house, so yes I think he’s died too.

It’s quite shocking that he was yet another one as he always came over like he was a genuine nice guy. My late Mum and Dad use to see him occasionally at antique fairs in Kent with his wife and my Dad said he was really friendly to talk to. Just goes to show 😕

Saville on the other hand, God, even as a kid watching Jim’ll fix it he gave off creepy vibes. I can’t beleive the scale of the cover up for him, from the BBC to the NHS! Beyond disgraceful. Also always wondered why the hell people in government would hand him the keys to Broadmore of all places!
I wanted to apply for Jim'll Fix It and my mum was fine with it but my nana said there was no way in hell it was happening. She wouldn't say why to me but pretty soon after, my mum started agreeing with her. I wanted to meet Take That and so I was mad about it. After I started watching to see what was so that bad that they didn't want me going on it, I finally realized how handy he was with the females and twigged something wasn't right. I went to her and she told me all the stories that had been going around about him since the 60s so when the truth first started trickling out it wasn't that much of a surprise but as time went on and the stories of him going into the morgues for hours at a time came out, even she was shocked at how sick he was.

We were watching a rerun of Animal Hospital not long after and Rolf had his arms around a young girl whose dog was being put down. My radar started to go off as he was a little too familiar with her and I said to my family that I wouldn't be surprised if he was gonna be found out at some point. I was laughed at and told that not everyone was like Saville but there was just something about what I saw and having experience with that kind of thing had me knowing I was right about him so I was the only one not surprised when it came out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Tbh I really don't like making this distinction, even though I realise it's a technical term.
I was sexually abused at 11, when I had already gone through puberty and looked more like I was 13 or 14. That doesn't mean that what happened to me was less important or traumatising than if it had happened to another 11 year old who was flat chested and 4'8''. But that's a belief that is quite pervasive, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not all pweirdo’s are weirdo’s like JS. In fact some of them are really charming which helps them. But whether RH had sex with very young girls or not the fact remains he had access to lots of young girls and used his “fame” to assault them. I read through that Mail article and see the spokesman who was quoted all the way through has written a book which seems to imply the trial was rigged and he should never have been convicted. I call bollocks on that.