Rochelle Humes #2 Read the room?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fully agree with the above comments.

She has absolutely no substance. And when she presents shows it is obvious that she doesn’t actually care about the subject matter.

Reactions: 5
She piped up in the makeup segment - that’s it. Pure bimbo.

I think we need to write to them and link them here. Everyone is saying the same thing - that speaks volumes.

Reactions: 6
I honestly think she’s a diversity hiring and little else. She doesn’t bring anything else at all, it is so baffling how she’s made a career out of presenting when she’s so bloody vapid. There are so many other much more talented presenters who could sub in for Holly!

She is the go-to beige diversity, she attractive, doesnt or can't speak her mind, not too loud or in your face, not controversial. A safe bet.....🙄

Reactions: 9
In regards to the phone in, even if she hasn’t got any knowledge/experience of the subject, she could still ask questions and offer support. It was a little bit cringe watching her today as she was evidently thinking ‘fuuuuuuck!’. It ain’t all about Hermes Apple watches and flashing the cash Roch 🙄

Reactions: 10
I watched the first part of TM when they were discussing the George Floyd trial and she couldn't string a sentence together.

I honestly think she’s a diversity hiring and little else. She doesn’t bring anything else at all, it is so baffling how she’s made a career out of presenting when she’s so bloody vapid. There are so many other much more talented presenters who could sub in for Holly!
But would they tick the boxes, it now doesn't matter how capable a person is, as long as they tick the BAME box, their hired.

Loose Women, This Morning, GMB, I'm sure there's many more, all have ticked the box, all now have presenters who are pretty useless.

Reactions: 3
But would they tick the boxes, it now doesn't matter how capable a person is, as long as they tick the BAME box, their hired.

Loose Women, This Morning, GMB, I'm sure there's many more, all have ticked the box, all now have presenters who are pretty useless.
I don’t agree with this!
Just because someone is a woman of colour and have a different opinion to yours does not mean they are useless.

I’ve just had to download This Morning to see for myself after all your comments. You were not exaggerating! Bloody embarrassing when she was talking to George Floyds cousin repeatedly saying “you know” and looking down at her notes. No Rochelle we don’t know, get it out! And staring gormlessly at Philip nodding. I wonder what he actually thinks of her.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing is they had her presenting well before the blm stuff - so it’s not necessarily a diversity hire. Alyson can be annoying but she has personality and offers an opinion. She also bounces of Dermott quite well.
It’s a shame they don’t give her more opportunity.

Rochelle cannot opine on anything unless it’s open top sandels. She needs to go - fast.

i dont see it as that cut and dry.
The ladies on loose women who happen to have a dark skin tone have totally ramped up the calibre and who I think are a class act are Charlene White and Brenda Edwards.
What most Tattlers on this thread are discussing is roch’s inability to add any notable benefit to a discussion regardless of how she looks. Roch since S club juniors has had a long tv career. And who really should be at another level. Yet she is completely out of her depth and constantly showing off on insta.
Edit to add:- Beige personality yes. But hired soley because of her colouring no i dont think so as she is a familar face on tv especially ITV and that demographic of viewers.

Last edited:
I disagree - she has zero talent - this leaves us to conclude it’s a diversity hire - or similar because she is that bad.

brenda isn’t a-diversity hire - she has talent (she sings) she has an opinion and she is vibrant.

charlene, Alison Brenda all have good listening and empathy skills. Rochelle has nothing to offer - so why is she there?

Reactions: 4
I’m mixed race myself and also am only a year younger than Rochelle. When I was younger and S club juniors was in the charts Rochelle was the only celeb I could ever identify with so I guess Iv always been a fan of hers. Last year when she decided to embrace her natural hair texture (even tho we know now that it’s not the case) it made me re think the relationship I have with my own hair and I decided to go natural. I always thought she was so lucky to have such amazing defined curls and also for it to be so long already (usually if you have relaxed or textured hair you have to grow it out or shave it off and start again).
After finding and reading this thread it’s made me feel better about myself as her whole hair journey has been a complete lie.
Sorry for the long paragraph I just can’t stand her anymore, the fakeness is just all too much.
whatever happened to keeping it real?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Also-What was that ugly depressing outfit she was wearing on TM? It was as dead as her personality. Holly’s style isn’t for me but she always looks lovely surely they didn’t style her like that?

I’m mixed race myself and also am only a year younger than Rochelle. When I was younger and S club juniors was in the charts Rochelle was the only celeb I could ever identify with so I guess Iv always been a fan of hers. Last year when she decided to embrace her natural hair texture (even tho we know now that it’s not the case) it made me re think the relationship I have with my own hair and I decided to go natural. I always thought she was so lucky to have such amazing defined curls and also for it to be so long already (usually if you have relaxed or textured hair you have to grow it out or shave it off and start again).
After finding and reading this thread it’s made me feel better about myself as her whole hair journey has been a complete lie.
Sorry for the long paragraph I just can’t stand her anymore, the fakeness is just all too much.
whatever happened to keeping it real?
I’m mixed race and it made me think about my hair too. I don’t wear my hair natural and when she said she wanted to go natural for her kids it made me think about doing the same when I have kids. I felt so stupid when I realised it was all a lie to sell her book

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Watched a clip of TM about the weatherwoman who survived extreme domestic abuse and was horrified at how bad this idiot responded to the victim. She has nothing of substance or comfort to say so Phil took control . She so out of her league like many other presenters on itv . So bad

• Sad
Watched a clip of TM about the weatherwoman who survived extreme domestic abuse and was horrified at how bad this idiot responded to the victim. She has nothing of substance or comfort to say so Phil took control . She so out of her league like many other presenters on itv . So bad
I was doing my ironing when this bit came on. The woman’s story was so awful 😢. She’s a woman where’s her empathy? I honestly couldn’t believe how she handled it and then her response was almost like someone telling her what to say? 🙄.

Reactions: 2
Regarding her bracing her natural hair yep not natural at all was straightened then curled Plus she has extensions in..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.